Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Yossi: Play me or I'm off

Read 10782 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Re: Yossi: Play me or I'm off
      Reply #69: Nov 21, 2008 04:38:19 pm
      Rafa has stated he wants him to stay.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7737198.stm

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has played down claims Yossi Benayoun could leave the club, insisting he wants the Israeli to see out his Reds contract.

Benayoun, 28, recently claimed he would seek a move unless he played more, having made just four starts in 11 appearances so far this campaign.

But Benitez said: "If you are asked if you want to play more, you say yes.

"But I have been speaking to Yossi and he's happy. If he stays here until the end of his contract, I'll be pleased."

The midfielder, who joined the club for £5m from West Ham in 2007, has made 41 appearances for Liverpool but fears that his playing time will remain restricted following the team's good start to the season.

"If the situation remains the same over the next few months, I will not want to continue as a Liverpool player," he told Israel's Channel Five TV.

"I hope it changes as I want to stay and prove myself but it won't be easy. I'm at one of the biggest clubs in the world, but if I continue to be on the sidelines, I would not want to stay, even though it is Liverpool."

However, Benitez is keen for the midfielder to stay at the club, insisting Benayoun remains a key part of his plans.

"He's a player I like - he can change games, scores goals and he has a lot of assists.

"If he does not want to stay here, OK, we will find a solution to the problem. But now he is OK and ready for playing. I will not want to see any offer for him."

The Reds are joint top of the Premier League with Chelsea, having lost only once, picking up 32 points out of a possible 39.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #70: Nov 21, 2008 05:31:03 pm
      I'm not surprised by this statement by Benitez. I do think though, he'll keep the door open to sides who want Benayoun though...even if he has said he doesn't want to hear any offers.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #71: Nov 21, 2008 05:33:21 pm
      I hope Yossi doesn't leave, I like him, I think he's a good squad player to have around, I don't think he's first team material all the time, but he reminds me a bit of Luis Garcia, he can come on and change a game, he did really well for us last season and I think he's an integral member of the squad, he should realise though that at a club like Liverpool you have no divine right to be picked.

Work hard Yossi and your time may come, maybe through another player getting injured or a suspension if, in the meantime you are not happy, then by all means take a step down in your career and go to another club.

We only want players here who are 100% committed to Liverpool Football Club.
      remy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts |
      Reply #72: Nov 21, 2008 06:45:03 pm
      I

Work hard Yossi and your time may come, maybe through another player getting injured or a suspension if, in the meantime you are not happy, then by all means take a step down in your career and go to another club.

We only want players here who are 100% committed to Liverpool Football Club.
      I think this Say's it all for me not just Yossi but any player who has the Honor to pull on the famous shirt of Liverpool F.C.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #73: Nov 21, 2008 08:12:58 pm
      http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/10026...ts_Benitez.aspx

"But I have been speaking to Yossi and he is happy here. He is a player I like, he can change games. He scores goals and he has a lot of assists.

________________________ ________________________ ______

Rafa has confirmed it for all. Benanyun is a very good player who is tactically sound.

goldton
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 490 posts | -10 
      • This is our year FOR SURE....
      Reply #74: Nov 21, 2008 09:35:54 pm
      you dont deserve a place in starting eleven so good luck!!
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #75: Nov 22, 2008 01:13:46 am
      Even though I haven't liked Yossi, recently I've changed my opinion and I think that he is a good player, and if you look at it he does get a lot of assists and can play in a few positions. I would rather not see Yossi go.
      karlp606
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #76: Nov 22, 2008 09:22:58 am
      I dont want to see yossi go he is a good squad player, but I dont think good enough for a first team place, he would have to be ahead of kuyt which I dont think is going to happen this season, but dont think we should sell him, maybe give him a few starts around xmas keep him happy.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #77: Nov 22, 2008 09:41:52 am
      Most players his age sitting on the bench want to be playing that's natural so this isn't a surprise, Yossi has to stay this season even if he is used from the bench, we need him and as everyone knows we only have to keep ticking over to be in with a shout at our No.1 goal so whatever happens this season unless we have a big offer for him in Jan. you have to stay and help us through to the end of what may turn out to be something special......
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #78: Nov 22, 2008 10:00:58 am
      Makes a refreshing change a player who isn't getting played wanting to go and play football elsewhere. ::) He's the captain of his country, of course he wants regular football.

I personally think Benayoun is a valuable player. He comes on and makes a difference to the game. He's shown this on quite a few occasions. He is good enough to be getting in some starting line ups but with a fully fit squad he would more than likely be on our bench.

I don't agree with the people coming out and slagging him off for saying this though. Pennant come out and said he wants to stay even though he's not getting played and he's the world's worst, so if Yossi said this wouldn't he be the same?
      chrislfc22
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 372 posts | -6 
      Reply #79: Nov 22, 2008 11:43:46 am
      Let him go and buy David Silva haha ;-) and also get David Villa while your there!!!!!
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #80: Nov 22, 2008 12:43:32 pm

IMHO yossi is a good player  for Liverpool  But i don't think he is a first 11 player if all the squad are fit to play
              He can  give options  to rafa ,But if he really  wants to leave  get the best offer(not less  from what rafa paid for him ) and good luck to him
      maxextz
      • Forum David Johnson

• 231 posts | -13 
      • Id like To dip my cookies in your tears.
      Reply #81: Nov 23, 2008 03:31:02 pm
      yossi is a class player and should be picked ahead of lucas anyday, hes tricky and also scores goals something lucas cant do.
      mkj1972
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 764 posts |
      Reply #82: Nov 23, 2008 03:38:56 pm
      yossi is a class player and should be picked ahead of lucas anyday, hes tricky and also scores goals something lucas cant do.

They don`t even play in the same position Lucas is a central midfielder and Yossi is a Right winger.Both of them are not that good although Yossi is better and can bring something else to the game.

Quick Reply