Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Nabil El Zhar (Liverpool > Levante)

Read 64256 times
      Shoelessboy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      Re: Nabil El Zhar!
      Reply #23: Aug 30, 2008 10:28:30 am
      everytime i've seen him come on he's looked really good, very active. Stays wide  rather then cutting in too often which is good. Im very impressed
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #24: Aug 30, 2008 11:25:44 am
      I really like Nabil.. been watching him in the reserves and have been impressed, due to our lack of creativity down the wings I've been waiting for him to get the nod to step up. He still looks raw for the first team but with a few games under his belt, he will only grow in confidence and I'm hoping he's our right wing solution.
      DOOLEY
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts | -5 
      Reply #25: Aug 30, 2008 12:55:38 pm
      dont think he'll get many more chances with riera cumin
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #26: Aug 30, 2008 01:17:00 pm
      dont think he'll get many more chances with riera cumin

Reira will play on the left though
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #27: Aug 30, 2008 02:13:40 pm
      Babel over Kuyt? No chance with Rafa. I think Ryan may be used as a super sub once Riera adjusts which is disappointing because he poses a much bigger threat on the right over Kuyt.

I like El Zhar very much, i think he's the best option on the right. He takes on his man, tracks back, good pace on him, can score and has a good delivery. Kuyt can run.
      Nabil el Zhar
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts | -1 
      Reply #28: Sep 01, 2008 03:42:38 pm
      Babel over Kuyt? No chance with Rafa. I think Ryan may be used as a super sub once Riera adjusts which is disappointing because he poses a much bigger threat on the right over Kuyt.

I like El Zhar very much, I think he's the best option on the right. He takes on his man, tracks back, good pace on him, can score and has a good delivery. Kuyt can run.

If he was involved in the last game we would win, remember El zhar means LUCK in arabic. ;D

tomoy2k9
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #29: Sep 01, 2008 08:37:17 pm
      He looked quite good when he came on against Middlesborough and Standard Liege, let's hope it's a sign of things to come
      DOOLEY
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts | -5 
      Reply #30: Sep 01, 2008 09:33:30 pm
      cant see him getting in the team much ahead of - dirk, yossi, babel, riera
      and maybe keane and gerrard on the wings

also rafa could change formation instead and bring ngog on instead
      kenshin
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #31: Sep 08, 2008 11:06:50 pm
      cant see him getting in the team much ahead of - dirk, yossi, babel, riera
      and maybe keane and gerrard on the wings

also rafa could change formation instead and bring ngog on instead

you don't seem to like him that much. I think he's the man we need in the right side weather you like it or not. after all it's benitez's call.. and he seems to like him too ;)
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #32: Sep 09, 2008 03:17:32 am

I like El Zhar very much, I think he's the best option on the right. He takes on his man, tracks back, good pace on him, can score and has a good delivery. Kuyt can run.

:lmao: :lmao:

I hope Benitez continues giving him his chances at the end of games, he does look like a Rafa's type of winger.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #33: Sep 09, 2008 01:21:10 pm
      I like Nabil and think he will make a significant contribution to the season.

Don't expect to see him doing much during Ramadan though.
      Nabil el Zhar
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts | -1 
      Reply #34: Oct 14, 2008 06:37:33 pm

Stoke city wants to sign Nabil el Zhar and Lucas lLeiva.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #35: Oct 14, 2008 07:18:55 pm
      Stoke city wants to sign Nabil el Zhar and Lucas lLeiva.

Good job you can change your user name then :P

I think a wee loan to stoke would do el zhar the world of good (if he started)
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,672 posts | 887 
      Reply #36: Oct 14, 2008 07:50:11 pm
      I like Nabil and think he will make a significant contribution to the season.

Don't expect to see him doing much during Ramadan though.

Thank u for liking me (my name is nabil too :D ) i wouldnt worry too much about ramadan tho, alot of muslim Cricket players dont fast when they are playin in the holy month!
      Nabil el Zhar
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts | -1 
      Reply #37: Oct 14, 2008 08:37:41 pm
      Thank u for liking me (my name is nabil too :D ) I wouldnt worry too much about ramadan tho, alot of muslim Cricket players dont fast when they are playin in the holy month!

;D and which sheikh gives this Fatwa, SUBHAN ALLAH. :)
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #38: Oct 16, 2008 01:44:02 pm
      ??? ;D
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #39: Nov 07, 2008 03:46:58 am
      Nabil hasnt got much playing time lately, not even been on the bench too much. Showed good signs against Standard Liege, and got sub appereances in the first two PL games this season. Since then, he has only featured as a sub against Wigan. Assisted Rieras goal in that game.

Dont really understand why. He hasnt been injured has he? Off course Kuyt has done quite well and scored goals from the right, but I would think El Zhar would get more sub appereances considering how well he has done when he has played. Lately Pennant has played a couple of games on the right and Yossi has had 3 starts and 6 sub appereances in the PL. But from what I have seen, El Zhar seems the most dangerous of those three so far this season. Any ideas why he isnt getting more sub appereances? Sometimes I think that he is still a youngster, but actually he is one of the "old" youngsters, just saw he is 4 month older than Babel.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #40: Nov 07, 2008 04:39:13 am
      I guess Nabil can gain experience on loan at other teams. We should give him a start in the carling cup and see what he can contribute a whole 90 minutes. He's small sized but is pacy :)
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #41: Nov 07, 2008 05:53:36 am
      Rafa traditionally likes to go with more experienced players in the squad. Prime example is the fact he will buy a lot of older players on a free rather than give the same role to some of the younger players coming up through the system. I think it would be a safe bet he will make a appearance mid-week vs Spurs and really see what he can offer for 60+ minutes because I think he shown this season he can be a impact player coming off the bench. 
      MsGerrard
      Reply #42: Nov 07, 2008 02:12:28 pm

Dont really understand why. He hasnt been injured has he?

No he's not injured, he scored a beautiful individual goal last week in the reserves.

I am a big fan of his, and would love to see him get a run in the team, at least I hope he plays next week against Spurs in the Carling Cup.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #43: Nov 07, 2008 02:41:14 pm
      El Zhar hasn't been registered in the Champions League squad so that's why he hasn't been gettin a game in Europe since Liege. As for the league, well Kuyt just doesn't get dropped and Benayoun seems to be a favourite of Benitez.

Nabil isn't the only youngster who should be in the first team on a more regular basis either. "cough" Insua *cough*
      JEZ
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #44: Nov 08, 2008 11:34:30 am
      He's certainly provided some extra pace and invention when he has come on  -  imho he's had as big an impact coming on as a sub as Babel has done
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #45: Nov 13, 2008 09:38:05 am
      He's certainly provided some extra pace and invention when he has come on  -  imho he's had as big an impact coming on as a sub as Babel has done

Now now mate ;D. Dont forget about the goal Babel scored against manure ;). Tbh i havent seen el zhar as somebody who has threatened to break into the team much in a few of his past performances but omg last night the guy was amazing. My man of the match for liverpool. Should definately start against bolton. 4-2-3-1 with him just behind the striker because he was a bigger threat going down the centre.

Quick Reply