Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Liverpool vs Fulham - match thread

Read 35536 times
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Re: Liverpool vs Fulham - match thread
      Reply #322: Nov 23, 2008 12:07:05 am
      fulham! stoke! who's next? would the manc's drop points at home to these sh*t teams NO.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #323: Nov 23, 2008 12:20:10 am
      I didn't see/hear the second half cos me nan came round whingin about asda.

But from me mates have said, the second half was an improvement on the first...wasn't difficult really. Lucas took a lot of the criticism, others were Keane and Babel. From what I can make out from them, Kuyt played well again. Benitez got the biggest stick for his selection policy.

Which ever way you look at it, it's two points dropped. I don't give a toss about how the others get on, the bottom line is we have to do our job first and today we didn't. We slipped up, badly. Disappointin.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #324: Nov 23, 2008 12:40:18 am
      Rafa didn't choose the best starting XI and we paid the price for it.

Coupled with the fact the players looked like they weren't up for it.

A lot of people pointing the finger at Lucas, all a bit easy that I think.  Keane should have scored in front of the Kop and we probably would have wiped the floor with them.

I'm getting sick of seeing his name on the teamsheet now.  I know Rafa threw £20 million on him but for god's sake, he isn't performing, stick him in the reserves and let him sort it out there.  People shouldn't just be given that number 7 shirt.  They should have to earn it.

Look at Torres skipping past people left right and centre, and then look at Keane.  Unbelievable that they cost practically the same.  As I said earlier on today, Bellamy was more lethal - in fact Morientes probably was.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #325: Nov 23, 2008 12:47:34 am
      As I said earlier on today, Bellamy was more lethal - in fact Morientes probably was.

Well the person we sold to fund the Keane deal (allegedly) scored again today for Portsmouth. Hope that makes you feel better :laugh:
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #326: Nov 23, 2008 12:49:42 am
      S**t. Forgot this was on,  I think it was 2 in the morning here in Oz. I was watching 'Gladiator' until midnight, and then decided to catch some z's. I can't believe we dropped points to Fulham. This was one game that I thought 'yeh 3 points no problem, 3-0 win'. We have got to captalise, we've got to take our chances and beat sh*te teams like Fulham. That was our problem last year, too many draws against sh*te opposition. Come on Redmen, 3 points next week.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #327: Nov 23, 2008 12:50:26 am
      Well the person we sold to fund the Keane deal (allegedly) scored again today for Portsmouth. Hope that makes you feel better :laugh:

It was a mistake selling him.  Makes you wonder.

Keane plays nearly every game and never scores.  Crouch used to score and then get dropped. 
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #328: Nov 23, 2008 12:54:43 am
      It was a mistake selling him.  Makes you wonder.

Keane plays nearly every game and never scores.  Crouch used to score and then get dropped. 

I always thought sellin Crouch was gonna be the biggest mistake the club made under Benitez. But what's been done been done. Can't change it, just have to hope Robbie starts bangin them in like he did at Spurs.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #329: Nov 23, 2008 02:32:53 am
      It wasn't the first time he has missed a relatively easy goal scoring chance. Although I'm backing him 100%, he's looking much like a flop now. 20 millions shouldn't miss those.

I wished Xabi had started and then maybe taken off when we were leading. He could have done much more in the first 45 minutes and 20 minutes in the 2nd half.

I guess we can't win games without Stevie. We drew against Villa and Fulham without him. We only scored when he came on against United and he actually scored against Stoke but was disallowed. ;D

Although we stepped it up in the 2nd half, the first 45 minutes were well wasted. And I thought Fulham were poor on their travels. We have dropped 7 points this season excluding the Villa draw, as that is a point earned for me.
      « Last Edit: Nov 23, 2008 02:45:01 am by Ad »
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #330: Nov 23, 2008 04:06:28 am
      For fucks sake I am pissed off with the result I dont give a sh*t that Chelsea and Scum failed to win if we are going to challenge this season we need to kill these teams off at home. I am not going to point fingers at players I put all the blame on Rafa. I mean ffs here is crapping in the paper last week saying Xabi is hitting life form and then he sticks him on the F***ing bench. Its as if he is trying very hard to push Xabi out of Liverpool.

When he does come on Lucas is pushed in the AM role and Xabi stuck in the DM role. Hold on do we not have the best DM in the world why pull him off and replace him with your most creative midfielder when you are at home with 20 mins to go and its 0-0???
      F**k I think Rafa is a great manager and all but sometimes he is so fukn stubborn its beyond understanding.

4 vital points dropped now at home to teams we should be hammering.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #331: Nov 23, 2008 05:40:28 am
      For fucks sake I am pissed off with the result I dont give a sh*t that Chelsea and Scum failed to win if we are going to challenge this season we need to kill these teams off at home. I am not going to point fingers at players I put all the blame on Rafa. I mean ffs here is crapping in the paper last week saying Xabi is hitting life form and then he sticks him on the f**king bench. Its as if he is trying very hard to push Xabi out of Liverpool.

When he does come on Lucas is pushed in the AM role and Xabi stuck in the DM role. Hold on do we not have the best DM in the world why pull him off and replace him with your most creative midfielder when you are at home with 20 mins to go and its 0-0???
      F**k I think Rafa is a great manager and all but sometimes he is so fukn stubborn its beyond understanding.

4 vital points dropped now at home to teams we should be hammering.

Some proper nails on the head there mate.
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #332: Nov 23, 2008 07:43:33 am
      My ratings;

Reina - 8

Arbeloa - 7

Carragher - 7

Agger - 6

Aurelio - 5 (didn't join the attack enough I think)

Kuyt - 5 (he looked tired today)

Mascherano - 5 (same as Kuyt)

Lucas - 6 (He was poor in the first half but better 2nd half)

Riera - 7 (Tried all game to take on players. Rafa should've kept him on)

Keane - 5 (missed another sitter. Didn't create space and shouldve been subbed)

Torres - 8 (MOTM for me. Didn't get any help up front but still ran his arse off)

Subs:

Alonso - 6 (Shouldve came on sooner but he didn't make much of an impact)

Babel - 5 (Shouldve been given a chance up top w/Torres. Riera was doing fine on the wing)

What ever went on yesterday, we where lucky that the other top teams, it was happening to them aswell.

Roll on Wed. night, Im sure we will do a lot better.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #333: Nov 23, 2008 08:04:32 am
       I dont like to criticise the team I love and have supported for so many years,but what was served up today was pathetic.Why the hell Alonso never played from the kick off is a mystery.I agree with other posters who have referred to how badly we seem to play after our players have been on international duty but surely professional footballers should be able to play 2 games a week and still put in a good performance especially as we have subs to take their place if they start to tire.One thing is for sure if we are to aspire to winning the league we cannot afford to carry on dropping points to the likes of Fulham and Stoke.RAFA it is time to give some of our highly paid stars a good kick up the Arse and make them realise it is a privilege to have a high paid job and furthermore to wear the RED SHIRT OF LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB--------YES I AM SHOUTING BECAUSE I AM ANNOYED AT THAT INEPT DISPLAY.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #334: Nov 23, 2008 08:19:46 am
      Yes, I don't give an arse whether United and Chelsea dropped points actually. What matters to me is the team, we have to win each games at home, no question.

They're professional, they should be able to play a Wednesday and a Saturday. I may not be a professional but I can play 7 times a week for 2 hours and it doesn't take much effort.

I understand Xabi, Riera and Dirk played 90 minutes for their countries but nevertheless, Rafa should start with all of them and then take them off when we have a good lead and are in control. You can't expect Xabi to do some massive magic bringing him on with 25 minutes left. Cause for us, it's a short 25 minutes and a long 25 minutes for opponents.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #335: Nov 23, 2008 09:50:29 am
      Really angry. I fell asleep at half time because i was knackered from the day but Lucas is sh*t, why the F**k do you play him Rafa? Talk of Keane being the biggest flop is rubbish because this kid has no talent at all. Never been a fan of him, never will. He cant pass, cant shoot, cant tackle, cant run, cant hold the ball, why is he playing?

Keane should have scored, how do you miss that? Form and settling in has nothing to do with that miss, its one on one with the keeper just waiting to pick the ball from the back of the net but he hits it straight at him.

I read Masch went off for Alonso. Was it as stupid as i read it out to be or was Masch injured, poor form, anything?

I know 4-4-2 is what everyone wants to see but if it means Keane is playing, its not my cup of tea. This isnt a criticism of this match as it was probably the second best side we could have fielded (F***ing Lucas out of it) but next match, home or away, it must be a 4-5-1 if everyone is fit.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #336: Nov 23, 2008 02:16:09 pm
      Another opportunity missed, but I am sure Chelsea and the scum are saying that also. In the great scheme of things, we got away with murder dropping two points yesterday. We have always felt that November has been a bad month for us, although it has been pointed out, that recently it has not. So may be as November has not been as good as Oct and Sept, may be we are getting back to the traditions of the 70's and 80's. Fingers crossed, and remember we are still joint top, even after a poor month. It could be worse, we could be Arsenal.
      Enjoy your Sunday Lunch, with a glass of wine. (remember drink responsibly  :lmao:)
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #337: Nov 23, 2008 03:16:09 pm
      quick question for all liverpool football fans..home game against fulham your captain is injured and 3 points is essential do you A.play a world class midfielder who can slot a ball through a eye of a needle and smack a ball from 20/30 yards if need be.....or B play a useles one who cant run cant pass cant tackle cant score????????????????????????...500,000000000000000000000000 liverpool fans ALONSO ALONSO ALONSO...1 stubborn liverpool manager.eeeeeeeeeeerrrrr rr lucas...w.t.f
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #338: Nov 23, 2008 03:19:45 pm
      quick question for all liverpool football fans..home game against fulham your captain is injured and 3 points is essential do you A.play a world class midfielder who can slot a ball through a eye of a needle and smack a ball from 20/30 yards if need be.....or B play a useles one who cant run cant pass cant tackle cant score????????????????????????...500,000000000000000000000000 liverpool fans ALONSO ALONSO ALONSO...1 stubborn liverpool manager.eeeeeeeeeeerrrrr rr lucas...w.t.f

Urgh your annoying

We should have been able to play Lucas and win, simple fact is Nando is the only one who performed
      maxextz
      • Forum David Johnson

• 231 posts | -13 
      • Id like To dip my cookies in your tears.
      Reply #339: Nov 23, 2008 03:25:48 pm
      what a sh*te afternoon freezing my b0ll0cks off and being feed that sh*te preference,great chance to go 3 points clear and we did what we always do let them bas**rds off the hook,as for those fcuking knobheads booing the players yea that will make them feel better and spur them on to victory,if your going to do that sh*t do it on front of the tv not here fcukwits.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #340: Nov 23, 2008 03:40:39 pm
      teams arnt just going to show up at anfield and go ooooo dont fancy this lets just roll over and die,the place inspires teams to perform .there is no divine right to win football matches ...o.k so it wasnt the best performance but look at the league table and it isnt the end of the world..its still only november fellas....still think it was a bobbins descision to pick lucas.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #341: Nov 23, 2008 04:39:23 pm
      How can people blame internationals? Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Reina, Arebloa, Agger and Mascherano all go on international duty this week? Yet we managed to keep a clean sheet. So if our defensive players can cope with club football after international football, so can the forward players. International football is a poor excuse in my opinion. Also from what I've read and saw Torres was our best player, a lad who was on international duty, whereas Keane who didn't play because of the injury has been slaughtered.

I watched footy first last night in the early hours and thought we were just had a poor game. It looked very much like the Liverpool we saw in the early weeks of the season where we cryin out for that spark of magic. The problem is, that spark of magic is more of often than not from our skipper and unfortunately he wasn't playin. We can blame the selection policy, but other than Lucas, it was our best XI. One player doesn't make the rest of that best XI play badly, I don't care what anybody says on that point. Lucas' inclusion doesn't make Keane play badly, doesn't make Agger give the ball away far too frequently in the early moments of the match, doesn't make Aurelio refuse to cross the half way line, doesn't make Kuyt's first touch as good as a six year old's. It was a bad team performance, the substitutions added something but not enough. Xabi kept the ball, but didn't have much impact going forward (tactics or decison is up for debate) Babel was poor again from what I saw. El Zhar looked lively again, one or two decent crosses but not enough forwards willin to attack the ball.

Again, it was a bad team performance.

I don't think fans should be booin our own players but they do pay hard earned money and have every right to voice their opinion. It's very easy for fans who don't go the match to say "it's a disgrace booin your own players" well you go and take their seat so they can't boo. You spend your money, give up your time and sit there with a huge grin on your face when we draw 0-0 at home with Fulham. The players need to realise that the fans aren't happy. I see nobody is complainin about the constant chants of "Xabi Alonso" which is the fans way of booin Benitez' selection. The match was only going for about ten minutes, before the first Alonso chant (when he wasn't warmin up either). It's the same thing, but because that's not an actual "boo" that seems OK. Well where's the f***in difference? Fans are entitled to their opinion at the ground, just as much as those in their houses are entitled to theirs.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #342: Nov 23, 2008 08:35:03 pm
      Only good thing to come out of that debacle is Torres has proved his match fitness
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #343: Nov 24, 2008 12:11:14 am
      Look at Torres skipping past people left right and centre, and then look at Keane.  Unbelievable that they cost practically the same.

Torres was a beauty wasn't he? World Class!

We should still go easy on Keane though. He will deliver. The problem was the mid field. Alonso should have started.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #344: Nov 24, 2008 06:42:25 am
      Keane finished his first 90 minutes since the United game, at least!

Quick Reply