Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Liverpool vs Fulham - match thread

Read 35544 times
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Re: Liverpool vs Fulham - match thread
      Reply #345: Nov 24, 2008 01:14:36 pm
      Only good thing to come out of that debacle is Torres has proved his match fitness

Personally the only thing he missed was the goals which to be honest, always find he gets less goals in the 4-4-2 than he does normally! Keane to me very very average!
      TNAwrestling
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts |
      • Cross The Line
      Re: Liverpool vs Fulham - match thread
      Reply #346: Nov 24, 2008 05:13:54 pm
      Keane was extremely average, a very frustrating game, considering how much time we spent in our own half of the pitch during the first 45 minutes when all Fulham's plan was to defend deep like every team that comes to Anfield.

Credit to their defence they defended well, read the game consistently and were caused few problems as their deep defending was considerable in the numbers game.

We how ever failed miserbaly to read the ball, the game, the passing play and all other general factors that comes to attacking football, the second half saw some wonderful opportunities were when the ball was laid off, a toe poke was all that was neccissary to get the ball over the line, i was sat right behind the Annie Rd Goal and couldnt believe how open the opportunities where that went begging, reactions from the red men to goal scoring chances were so slow i swear i was watching the Cornish Bi-lingual society meeting take effect on the players.

Tiredness from mid week internationals was plain to see on Saturday, the red men, particularly Kuyt thought the tiredness to no avail, you really could see him struggling to make chances for himself and others, he left a great little lay off for Lucas who completely mis-read the play and ball nearly came to a stand still in front of goal before a Fulham defender gladly cleared away.

Lucas' passing left me fearing a counter attack each time he played the ball, he seem'd so nervous in possesion, like he couldn't keep up with the pace of the game, a promising display though towards the end, watch this space, 5 years time he'll be a fantastic holding midfielder.

Quick Reply