Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Match Thread Liverpool V West Ham United 1/12/08

Read 45373 times
      cheerrs
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts | -7 
      Re: Match Thread Liverpool V West Ham United 1/12/08
      Reply #414: Dec 03, 2008 08:56:18 pm
      I saw the West Ham replay last night here in the US.  LFC dominated that game.  Couldnt get one to stick, that's all, that's soccer.  I did think Gerrard got a bit desperate in the last 10 minutes or so but at least he was trying to get the win....   
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #415: Dec 03, 2008 09:38:01 pm

Get a grip lad.... Were currently top of the league because of Raffa's decisions.. "He's cost us points".. He's gained us points!!! How can you on one hand be happy about our position but claim he has no common sense?
      And you honestly believe 40,000 people all in unison thought about the same substitution? In my house alone there were 3 different suggestions to who should have came on.
      When the managers spot was vacant your phone didn't ring, Raffa's did. I think I'd trust Raffa over any fans emotional armchair management skills.
      Oh and look at the players you highlighted. Raffa made a decision to play both of them, Sami doesn't get to play much but had a good game and Dossena who's recently been sh*te also had a good game. Would you have chose them both to play?.. How can you complain about his decision making but praise the not-so-obvious players he chose?..

Get a grip?

Common sense says bring Babel on to play up front instead of N'Gog whose only a youngster and you want him to lead the line when we desperately need a goal. How much pressure is that putting on the lad? Babel has been in that situation before and delivered the goods. As soon as he came on, he had a crack and was willing to take on defenders.

I bet you the majority of us were saying if not at half time, shortly after, get Robbie off and give Babel a crack. FFS, I was saying before the match to play Robbie and Babel up top and put Dirk on the wing.

Common sense says, you're best striker is out, give Babel a  chance...don't waste an untapped talent who is crying out to be played in his favoured position. We payed 11million pounds for him. We payed 20 million for Robbie and he keeps getting a chance.

Common sense says in the West Brom game, Robbie Keane scores two goals and is playing his best game so far and building up his confidence. Let him play the full 90 mins as he's starting to find his goal scoring touch. Don't take him off. We'llnever know now, how many goals he might have scored since if he had got his hat-trick.

Common sense says in another match, you are playing Fulham at home. Stevie G isn't playing....you expect Alonso to play as you're most creative midfielder...who is having a blinder of a season...nope he played Lucas Leiva and when Alonso comes on, he doesn't take off Lucas, he takes of Masch.

Just some examples for you. I know Rafa has done wonders for this club and I love him as much as the next person but sometimes I question his decisions and get frustrated with him for being stubborn.

Top of the league, I know and wrapped but wouldn't you prefer to be 6 or so points ahead at this moment in time, then constantly looking over our shoulders wondering when we are going to be overtaken? You think the Mancs playing at home against Fulham are going to draw 0-0...can't see that happening.

As for playing Sami and Dossena, well I would have thought with Dossena really struggling, Insua might have been given a chance but Doss did well, credit to him. I hope he can continue but we all know what he's been like prior to that game.

Sami played a great game as he was our only real threat going forward. What are the odds though that Rafa will drop him this week and bring back Agger for the Blackburn game?

All I want is Rafa to play his best available side week in, week out and give this Title chase an almighty crack. If something is so obvious to so many of us supporters  (apart for the people in your house) ...go with it...sometimes it feels as though it's his way or no way but then he turns around and says the fans are the most important people at the Club.

I think you need to get a grip mate and if whilst you're at, learn to spell Rafa's name properly!

Huyton Red, thanks for your support mate ;)

MsGerrard
      Reply #416: Dec 03, 2008 09:58:07 pm
      Well said Aussie  ;D

I don't know anybody who wasn't crying out for Babel to be brought on at half time  :f_steam:

Rafa is tops as far as I'm concerned, but he does need to swallow his pride a little at times and admit he was wrong with some of the decisions he makes.

Sammy Lee........sort him out will you  :o
      crouchysrobot
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 311 posts |
      Reply #417: Dec 03, 2008 10:14:52 pm
      ^^ Agree.

Fulham was terrible.  I don't recall many decent chances either in that game.

The West Ham game was a much better performance than the Fulham one, although still below par.  If the Fulham game had been televised then that thread would have been much bigger than this one, trust me.

I do remember Kuyt with a shot that the keeper saved well, but that's all.

Also, we had to take Keane off, he only had 5 touches in the first half and was dismal the whole time he was on. He was falling over a lot when any West Ham players bodied him up. I don't know which of Babel or N'Gog should have replaced but one of them should have.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #418: Dec 04, 2008 01:57:13 am
      All I want is Rafa to play his best available side week in, week out and give this Title chase an almighty crack.

Great post AussieRed and this bit is the key for me.

Play his best available. And make the best subs available too. That's how we will have a good crack at the league. That's what happened when we were winning leagues!

If Rafa thought Ngog was his best, then he would have had more appearances in the first team this season. That can not be argued with. Yet Ngog hardly ever features for the reserves, nevermind the first team!!!!!
      kop_fan2008
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #419: Dec 04, 2008 05:18:12 pm
      What your opinions of Gerrard on Monday night?  He seemed to be using his untrusty left foot a lot- wasn't his usual self

Quick Reply