Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

We are top of the league!

Read 426174 times
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,143 posts | 257 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #1104: Sep 23, 2018 04:07:35 pm
      Top of the league by 2 clear points now!
      :drinking:
      If that's all Chelsea have got looking forward to going to their place next week...bring it on
      Right mate.  :scarf:

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1105: Sep 23, 2018 04:50:22 pm
      You're welcome.

If you need to know anything else about what supporting your own f**king club means, come talk to me. And if I ever need help with praising everybody else apart from my own club then I'll come looking for you.

Of course I support my team, but that doesn't mean I can't respect other teams and Citeh are a very very good team, I think we'll beat them to the league though.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1106: Sep 23, 2018 05:01:15 pm
      Good stuff. Thoroughly deserved. Now let's make it bigger.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1107: Sep 23, 2018 05:25:32 pm
      Of course I support my team, but that doesn't mean I can't respect other teams and Citeh are a very very good team, I think we'll beat them to the league though.

I hope so, but for me, Chelsea and City are still ahead of us because of the experience they have. It's gonna be a hell of a season !
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1108: Sep 23, 2018 05:50:21 pm
      I hope so, but for me, Chelsea and City are still ahead of us because of the experience they have. It's gonna be a hell of a season !

Strange.. Sarri believes Chelsea need another year to reach our level..🤔
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1109: Sep 23, 2018 06:01:37 pm
      Arsenal and Everton was like watching walking football its like watching the game from 10 years ago
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1110: Sep 23, 2018 06:29:02 pm
      Strange.. Sarri believes Chelsea need another year to reach our level..🤔

Had he not bought Jorginho, I would agree, but they definitely have the players to compete, and with the vast experience title winners in their team, they certaintly have just as much chance as us.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1111: Sep 23, 2018 06:32:31 pm

No,they're not..we are top! :kop5cf8koxp6: Not having a go at you but so many people have a serious stick up their arse around here,just a bit of fun thread no? :ernaehrung004: :scarf:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1112: Sep 23, 2018 06:34:25 pm

No,they're not..we are top! :kop5cf8koxp6: Not having a go at you but so many people have a serious stick up their arse around here,just a bit of fun thread no? :ernaehrung004: :scarf:

And also a good discussion thread to chat about other title challengers :)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1113: Sep 23, 2018 06:36:02 pm

It's annoying - 9 out of 10 seasons you would look at this Liverpool team and say 'clear favourites for the title'. Can you imagine if we had this squad and manager for the season Leicester won the title?! It'd be an effortless rout!

But I certainly hear what you are saying and because of their dominance last season I would still put City favourites. Chelsea however? Excellent side as ever but I would be, hand on heart and as neutral as possible, hesitant to put them ahead of us in the odds for the title.

When they won the league two seasons ago under Conte they took advantage of a league where their rivals were in transition - namely us, City and Man Utd (not that they've ever been in transition in reality). I think a lot of Chelsea's players have been in their 'prime' for quite a while now whereas the vast majority of our squad are entering that prime now. I think the perception of ascent in ability makes one feel stronger than a team whose players have levelled off from an ascent that occurred a few years ago. But the addition of Jorginho is a massive plus for them. It seems he's added about 10-15% to their possession stats alone yet as they showed today they can have all that possession but their second rate attack (in comparison to ours and City's) will limit the effects of that possession.

Further to this, I actually think they've had by far the easiest start to the season out of the whole of the top 6, the whole league even. Opening their season against a fast degenerating Huddersfield, home against a rudderless Arsenal trying to make sense of the transition imposed by Emery, a victory away to a stagnant and stalling Newcastle and two standard home victories against Bournemouth and the outright awful Cardiff City makes for something of a bit of context regarding their run in. Credit to them though - you can only beat what's in front of you and they've done it well but compared to our start where we were away to tricky away grounds at Palace, Leicester and Spurs and you start to see the fixture list in the first two months had fallen much more kindly for Sarri and co. Next week will be interesting though.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #1114: Sep 23, 2018 07:13:26 pm
      Had he not bought Jorginho, I would agree, but they definitely have the players to compete, and with the vast experience title winners in their team, they certaintly have just as much chance as us.
      Good ol' Europa League says hello!

Seriously though, it's their first match after Europa, and they've already dropped points.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,004 posts | 3351 
      Reply #1115: Sep 23, 2018 10:57:10 pm

You claim to respect a club then take the piss out of them in the same F***ing sentence by spelling "Citeh". Excellent stuff.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1116: Sep 23, 2018 11:26:06 pm
      You claim to respect a club then take the piss out of them in the same f**king sentence by spelling "Citeh". Excellent stuff.

I like a bit of straight talking.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #1117: Sep 23, 2018 11:38:15 pm
      It's to early to start calling it. Yes it's great to be top and we have as good a chance as any of the other main contenders. City look strong, as good as they were last season but even with them nothing is guaranteed.

We shouldn't build up our hopes this early tho. Klopp knows we will need to be better than last season, not just for these first half dozen games, but for the vast majority of our games. See how it pans out.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1118: Sep 23, 2018 11:44:57 pm
      You claim to respect a club then take the piss out of them in the same f**king sentence by spelling "Citeh". Excellent stuff.

F***ing hell you strike me as the kind of person who can start a fight with their own shadow! I respect Manchester City's strength, that doesn't mean I respect them as a club, would have thought that was fairly obvious, captain.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #1119: Sep 24, 2018 12:34:37 am
      Quote from PurpleMonkey
      And also a good discussion thread to chat about other title challengers :)

Not really tbh. This thread is about LFC, and what we achieve. There are plenty of other threads around to discuss the opposition.

We are top of our league, and our European group. When was the last time that happened?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1120: Sep 24, 2018 12:42:33 am
      Not really tbh. This thread is about LFC, and what we achieve. There are plenty of other threads around to discuss the opposition.

We are top of our league, and our European group. When was the last time that happened?

More importantly, when was the last time we won the CL, and who was the manager?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1121: Sep 24, 2018 12:57:03 am
      It's to early to start calling it. Yes it's great to be top and we have as good a chance as any of the other main contenders. City look strong, as good as they were last season but even with them nothing is guaranteed.

We shouldn't build up our hopes this early tho. Klopp knows we will need to be better than last season, not just for these first half dozen games, but for the vast majority of our games. See how it pans out.

Who the F**k is 'calling it'?

And why do I keep coming across your bullshit too??!
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #1122: Sep 24, 2018 03:45:58 am
      6 down and 32 more to go!
      We are top so let's enjoy it people 😁
      The most important thing for me is that we are genuine challengers for the title.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1123: Sep 24, 2018 05:13:03 am
      More importantly, when was the last time we won the CL, and who was the manager?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBWuDhIv9B0
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #1124: Sep 24, 2018 07:11:17 am

He’s done it to me a few times too, putting words in people’s mouths.

Reminds me of that scene in family guy https://youtu.be/-mKk7CMTBJQ
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #1125: Sep 24, 2018 10:21:09 am
      Football is getting into the right way.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1126: Sep 24, 2018 11:00:48 am
      The next two weeks will go a long way in showing where we stand in the race for the EPL.

Beat Chelsea and City and that would be a huge statement.

Quick Reply