Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

We are top of the league!

Read 426204 times
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #1426: Dec 27, 2018 09:29:43 am
      And some have said we aren't as attacking yet we have scored more goals. We are very very strong now in every aspect of our game

I'm not arsed me mate, 1-0 wins are just as good as tonkings in my opinion.

It's mad now isn't it knowing that if we score one it more than likely means 3 points and if we score two it's pretty much game over.

Must be horrible for opponent's turning up to play us thinking oh F**k we've gotta try and breach that defence.

Then when we score it must just shatter their morale, plus it seems like we have that invincibility feel about us now where we are so confident in our ability to win that nothing fases us.

Teams are virtually beaten as soon as they get off the bus.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4979 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1427: Dec 27, 2018 10:42:31 am
      A Bastion of Invincibility,
      one of Shank's famous quotations, well, Bill got very close to it, Paisley Nailed it, The King nailed it domestically, and Jürgen Klopp, well, this chapter has just got started, but by F**k we are looking pretty invincible right f***in now !!

YNWA
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #1428: Dec 27, 2018 10:48:05 am
      We certainly have a much balanced team at the moment compared to last season. We're neither knocking in goals for fun nor conceding goals unnecessarily. We're simply more solid this season. Our midfield is the catalyst to the whole thing. Defending when it is necessary and attacking when the opportunity arises.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,278 posts | 763 
      Reply #1429: Dec 27, 2018 10:56:07 am
      Hope that we are celebrating this topic in May, on the final day of the season !
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1430: Dec 27, 2018 11:17:08 am
      You lot must be massively relieved at the minute mate, must feel like it felt for us when we give the Hodge the boot.

Played a lot quicker the last two games haven't you and some of the players who were constantly trapped under the bus are doing the business.

Still hoping it's the new manager bounce myself but I wouldn't begrudge you 5th if we do the treble.

Relieved is probably the right word Steve but the problem hasn't gone away. The bus has gone like you say. However, we're far away from being title contenders at the moment. Ole won't make the difference, he's not good enough.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4979 
      Reply #1431: Dec 27, 2018 11:43:11 am
      Relieved is probably the right word Steve but the problem hasn't gone away. The bus has gone like you say. However, we're far away from being title contenders at the moment. Ole won't make the difference, he's not good enough.

Just a matter of interest Keith, who would you prefer and why ?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #1432: Dec 27, 2018 11:43:45 am

Jürgen Klopp 😉
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4979 
      Reply #1433: Dec 27, 2018 12:00:43 pm

:lmao: yeah i bet he would  :lmao:,

Now that the Messiah has been mentioned, in the grand scheme of things, d'ya think tha Shitty has missed a trick in signing the wrong bloke?

Ok they already have a title under Pep, but what if they had got Klopp in instead??

Yeah i know, its silly season and not much point wondering what if, just putting it out there !

YNWA

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #1434: Dec 27, 2018 12:10:51 pm

:lmao: yeah i bet he would  :lmao:,

Now that the Messiah has been mentioned, in the grand scheme of things, d'ya think tha Shitty has missed a trick in signing the wrong bloke?

Ok they already have a title under Pep, but what if they had got Klopp in instead??

Yeah i know, its silly season and not much point wondering what if, just putting it out there !

YNWA

No I don’t mate.

Looking at Pep / Klopp I think they both made the right choice and suit the club / fanbase.

Liverpool’s fans and their manager at their best have an almost symbiotic relationship - we have that with Jürgen and I don’t think we would have with virtually any other active manager right now.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1435: Dec 27, 2018 12:10:59 pm

Already been asked this Billy  ;D I'll put my rose tinted glasses on first, just let me find them!!!

........................ ........................ ................... GOT THEM!!

Pep, Klopp or more realistically POCH.  ;D They all have the ex factor of how forward football has changed over recent years. All three mangers play exciting football that's not only good on the eye but played with the intensity that football should be played.

Tadders

• 6,724 posts | 567 
      Reply #1436: Dec 27, 2018 02:26:31 pm
      City might have had their wobble now. Players back from injury so we need to get at least 4 points from next 2
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,004 posts | 3351 
      Reply #1437: Dec 27, 2018 03:45:01 pm
      Can we get rid of this notion that we're not playing well.

You don't go 19 League games unbeaten if you're not playing well. You don't top the table with clear F***ing daylight between yourselves and the rest if you're not playing well. You don't have the best defence and second most potent attack if you're not playing well. You don't score three or more goals in four out of your last five matches if you're not playing well. You don't win eight League games on the bounce if you're not playing well.

We might not look as blistering as we did last year but we're playing slightly different this time round. Different doesn't mean "not well". We're a lot more assured than rushed. We're a lot more composed than spontaneous. And that comes down to the fact that teams thought they'd worked us out towards the back end of last season. Mark Salah out the game (Mark is Mo's Brother), give them no room in behind the back four and Liverpool don't stand a chance. Well the only team who didn't seem to get that message was West Ham and we tore them apart on the opening day because of it. Everybody else has played to that rule but because of the quality of our coaching and playing staff, we're able to win differently now.

It's no longer 100mph but instead slow, slow and quick, quick, quick (Housemartins lyrics for ya). Patient, composed, waiting for the opening because we all know it's going to come at some point. And then when it does, the opposition begin to open up a bit more and we take full advantage.

And if it really is true that we're "not playing well" just imagine where the F**k we will be when we do.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1438: Dec 27, 2018 04:25:34 pm
      City might have had their wobble now. Players back from injury so we need to get at least 4 points from next 2

I agree, we can't discount Citeh yet, BUT if we can at least get a draw against them on the 3rd Jan then we have a very healthy lead over them, if we beat them then I really think it becomes ours to lose as they'd need a 4 game swing over 17 matches and unless something goes seriously tits up with our squad then I can't see that happening. This of course assumes we beat Arsenal and they beat Southampton and neither of those are guaranteed although I do feel fairly confident we can beat Arsenal at home.
      As for Spurs they are good at the moment but ALL their players are fit and ALL their players are in top form right now, I can't see them staying the course and Poch will be cursing Levy for not opening the purse strings last summer.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,866 posts | 165 
      Reply #1439: Dec 27, 2018 04:46:52 pm
      I have supported LFC since 1974 and saw the years of dominance, then the doldrums where we have had some class players but not the team to compete, should have won it couple years back but for the leaky defence, that's cured now. Everyone kept saying Leicester would eventually fall away, they didn't and I don't believe we will either, I also think the near miss in the final last year has focused minds even more on success and rewarding the hard work with the trophy. Lots of leaders in the team now...
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1440: Dec 27, 2018 07:57:44 pm
      You lot must be massively relieved at the minute mate, must feel like it felt for us when we give the Hodge the boot.

Played a lot quicker the last two games haven't you and some of the players who were constantly trapped under the bus are doing the business.

Still hoping it's the new manager bounce myself but I wouldn't begrudge you 5th if we do the treble.

F**k em, I’d love to see sh*t hit the fan and they plummet below Wolves/Leicester.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1441: Dec 28, 2018 04:19:38 pm
      I have been watching LFC TV this afternoon WOW. Kenny and Souness just talking about their success as if it was just normal and it was because they made it normal. Mo; Shaq and Any Robbo at a School I think was St Francis De Sales in Hale Road and they were just fantastic with the Children there. Whenever I see the lads today I am reminded about the great teams because they seem so happy in each others company and it means they are happy on the pitch together. Great things are about to happen
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #1442: Dec 28, 2018 06:32:36 pm
      Top of the League - fantastic. 6 points clear of Spurs who are coming up on the rails building up an impressive head of steam. 7 points clear of City, who may not have hit a wall but it's a blip at least.

I said before City played C.Palace at home, that they can be got at. But there's also every chance we will have a blip at some stage.
      Then when that happens the pack will tighten. Pep is the only course & distance winner in the pack, that might count for something.

For sure we are in the box seat as we go into the second half of the season. I can't pick a winner, it will likely go down to the wire. Excited, not 'arf..
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1443: Dec 28, 2018 07:03:00 pm
      Always good to remind ourselves we are just halfway home. Everybody else would want our position at this point of course, but things can change so quickly. No time for any crowing yet and I am confident the manager will keep the squad on an even keel.
      Foxesfan
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #1444: Dec 28, 2018 08:45:32 pm
      Just joined to wish liverpool all the best on winning the title well over due and i hope us foxes beating man city will put you in good stead to take glory was nice to hear u reds cheering upon hearing the result at the king power . Klopp best manager in the game at the moment
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #1445: Dec 28, 2018 10:30:47 pm
      Just joined to wish liverpool all the best on winning the title well over due and i hope us foxes beating man city will put you in good stead to take glory was nice to hear u reds cheering upon hearing the result at the king power . Klopp best manager in the game at the moment

Thanks Foxesfan. We know your club has had that terrible tragedy to deal with, and we all expressed our sympathy.

Team wise Puel seems to have regained some control after beating City, 7th in the table, but the team need to stick together during this difficult season. Thanks again for your support. Cardiff tomorrow, good luck.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #1446: Dec 29, 2018 12:30:53 am
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1447: Dec 29, 2018 12:03:49 pm

cheers buddy nice to see our "bogey team" of years  gone by going well again and after such tragic events.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,293 posts | 272 
      Reply #1448: Dec 29, 2018 04:54:16 pm
      Bloody hell how has that happened....

I checked after 69 mins it was 1-0 to Spurs   :scarf:

Quick Reply