Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

We are top of the league!

Read 427592 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #1564: Jan 14, 2019 11:48:37 am
      Solanke gone to Bournemouth. Surprised Eddie Howe came back to us after Jordan Ibe. He paid £15m for Ibe and Ibe has done very little for Bournemouth. Still Solanke should get his chances there.

Have you been watching the olds rather than the news?
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,272 posts | 1396 
      Reply #1565: Jan 14, 2019 06:52:03 pm
      Wolves tonight at City. Like the club and the manager. Long shot to even keep it down to two but yer never know. I've said the City defence can be got at and if Wolves stay tight the game might be a difficult one for city. 
      Harrisimo

• 8,272 posts | 1396 
      Reply #1566: Jan 14, 2019 07:04:31 pm
      Have you been watching the olds rather than the news?

I was badly sick over the holiday period and I missed the stuff about Solanke going.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #1567: Jan 14, 2019 07:24:38 pm
      Another 3pm game on Saturday, that’s unusual.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1568: Jan 14, 2019 07:36:38 pm
      Wolves tonight at City. Like the club and the manager. Long shot to even keep it down to two but yer never know. I've said the City defence can be got at and if Wolves stay tight the game might be a difficult one for city. 

Aguero starting on the bench in place of Jesus. Hopefully this doesn’t come back to bite me, but they seem a lot worse without Aguero on the pitch this season so hopefully Wolves can take advantage of this.
      Harrisimo

• 8,272 posts | 1396 
      Reply #1569: Jan 14, 2019 07:40:46 pm
      Lot of fuss over Mancheater United under Solskjaer. I mean he's done well. Not tried to tell the players to much, let them express themselves. Second half V the Divers, De gea saved them but in fairness all the saves he made were " savable" and it was poor finishing by Spurs.

It might be a different story when Solskjaer has to make serious decisions. It's an easy job now but lose a couple of games then decisions have to be made. No threat to us this season, apart from us going there on 23 Feb. Well over a month away. Might be a different story at Cold Trafford.
      Harrisimo

• 8,272 posts | 1396 
      Reply #1570: Jan 14, 2019 07:48:11 pm
      Aguero starting on the bench in place of Jesus. Hopefully this doesn’t come back to bite me, but they seem a lot worse without Aguero on the pitch this season so hopefully Wolves can take advantage of this.

Agreed Aguero is a class finisher. Predatory and can also go solo. Never seems to be 100% fit tho does he. Sane is a handful, pace and can finish. Sterling is like a honey badger, must be pound for pound one of the strongest and toughest attackers I've ever seen.

Left De bruyne on the bench as well. Hope De bruyne leaves, great player for me.
      Harrisimo

• 8,272 posts | 1396 
      Reply #1571: Jan 14, 2019 08:23:24 pm
      City 1 Wolves 0..

Wolves red card Boly....never a red...he got the ball and his boot stayed parallel with the turf...yellow..just. Very harsh...ref was 40 yards away..VAR would've over turned that one.

No chance now Wolves.
      Harrisimo

• 8,272 posts | 1396 
      Reply #1572: Jan 14, 2019 08:39:35 pm
      Penalty to the Ref & City...2-0.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1573: Jan 14, 2019 08:40:32 pm

Ref got them both right for me

However
      We're still top of the league 👌
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,534 posts | 242 
      Reply #1574: Jan 14, 2019 08:42:32 pm

Bloody fuming with the ref
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1575: Jan 14, 2019 08:48:33 pm
      Wolves haven’t looked up or this from the start. Routine win for City. This is the problem with Wolves, they can either look really good or really bad, there’s no inbetween for them and they have no other style of play so as soon as they fall behind when they are playing like this, there’s no coming back for them.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,534 posts | 242 
      Reply #1576: Jan 14, 2019 08:58:58 pm

However

Yeah, but the inconsistencies between refs is a joke, Boly slides in, not in control, foot on the ground wins ball & momentum carries him into the player = red
      Kompany slides in, not in control, foot off the ground, slightly catches Mo = yellow
      Kopite78
      Reply #1577: Jan 14, 2019 09:02:29 pm
      Yeah, but the inconsistencies between refs is a joke, Boly slides in, not in control, foot on the ground wins ball & momentum carries him into the player = red
      Kompany slides in, not in control, foot off the ground, slightly catches Mo = yellow

I agree

But you're asking for consistency from two different human beings

From two different situations. In terms of angles they see the incidents from

I think they were both reds

I think in retrospect both refs would as well and both would give them as reds if watching on tv
      Harrisimo

• 8,272 posts | 1396 
      Reply #1578: Jan 14, 2019 09:03:11 pm
      Carragher and Toure claim the sending off was just about right. I disagree, the outstretched boot of Boly made contact with the ball. The follow thru was not that bad. He caught the City player but if you give a Red every time a player PLAYS the ball then makes contact with the opponent on the follow thru then you might as well outlaw tackling. Carra said it would never be over turned but it should never been a Red to begin with.

Surprised at Carra. Toure to be fair was erring towards saying it was harsh.
      Harrisimo

• 8,272 posts | 1396 
      Reply #1579: Jan 14, 2019 09:06:34 pm

However

No the Ref got the Red card wrong. If that's a red then so is every tackle that makes contact with the player. Boly played the ball...and won it. The follow thru caught the City player and it wasn't a red card reckless...may be Yellow but not Red.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,534 posts | 242 
      Reply #1580: Jan 14, 2019 09:10:31 pm
      I agree

But you're asking for consistency from two different human beings

From two different situations. In terms of angles they see the incidents from

I think they were both reds

I think in retrospect both refs would as well and both would give them as reds if watching on tv

Bring on VAR, can't be worse ?
      Kopite78
      Reply #1581: Jan 14, 2019 09:14:10 pm
      No the Ref got the Red card wrong. If that's a red then so is every tackle that makes contact with the player. Boly played the ball...and won it. The follow thru caught the City player and it wasn't a red card reckless...may be Yellow but not Red.

Not in modern day football mate.
      Studs showing and deemed "out of control"

Carra said it wouldn't be in his day, I Agree, nor mine.
      But now? Every time if the ref sees it
      Harrisimo

• 8,272 posts | 1396 
      Reply #1582: Jan 14, 2019 09:36:01 pm
      Not in modern day football mate.
      Studs showing and deemed "out of control"

Carra said it wouldn't be in his day, I Agree, nor mine.
      But now? Every time if the ref sees it

I know all that but it was still harsh and it's not a hard and fast rule. You'll see 12 of them and 10 will be yellow. The Ref had City players down his ear and Silva made it look worse by rolling over 2/3 times. The Ref should always err on the side of Yellow if the player PLAYS the ball. Boly's boot was not off the surface, he slid along the ground...won the ball..the momentum took his thru and the contact was not that excessive.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1583: Jan 14, 2019 09:36:23 pm
      Everyone getting carried away with Wolves. Decent mid table side. We beat them easily first 11 v first 11 and any good team would have beaten us in the FA Cup. They didn't really impress me then tbf.

They've took 2 points off City for us this season. That'll do for me.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1584: Jan 14, 2019 09:39:44 pm
      I know all that but it was still harsh and it's not a hard and fast rule. You'll see 12 of them and 10 will be yellow. The Ref had City players down his ear and Silva made it look worse by rolling over 2/3 times. The Ref should always err on the side of Yellow if the player PLAYS the ball. Boly's boot was not off the surface, he slid along the ground...won the ball..the momentum took his thru and the contact was not that excessive.

I think we get adjusted to the time in which we're watching the game
      Like I said 10 years ago I wouldn't have expected a red for it, watching or playing

But now with the modern interpretation? If it had been on Mo I'd expect and want a red too. As soon as it happened I said to my lad, he's in trouble here

Like I say not saying I agree but I think in 2019 football that's a red 9 times out of 10
      Harrisimo

• 8,272 posts | 1396 
      Reply #1585: Jan 14, 2019 09:42:37 pm
      Everyone getting carried away with Wolves. Decent mid table side. We beat them easily first 11 v first 11 and any good team would have beaten us in the FA Cup. They didn't really impress me then tbf.

They've took 2 points off City for us this season. That'll do for me.

Yes, they were always on a hiding to nothing tonight red card or no red card. City have incredible variation in there attacking play. If they can leave De bruyne on the bench then they go far deeper than us. We just have to keep winning because they won't drop many points and they are deep enough to absorb injuries.

Sky spent the whole match sucking up to City...we know who's side their on then..
      « Last Edit: Jan 14, 2019 09:58:15 pm by Harrisimo »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #1586: Jan 14, 2019 09:49:48 pm
      I think we get adjusted to the time in which we're watching the game
      Like I said 10 years ago I wouldn't have expected a red for it, watching or playing

But now with the modern interpretation? If it had been on Mo I'd expect and want a red too. As soon as it happened I said to my lad, he's in trouble here

Like I say not saying I agree but I think in 2019 football that's a red 9 times out of 10

I agree - though I still think the VVD one (vs Napoli - and no you haven’t mentioned it :))was different as he wasn’t out of control or high........but I do - on reflection - accept even that’ll be given as often as not.

Even in the 18 months or so I’m away from coaching the interpretations have changed.

Quick Reply