Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

We are top of the league!

Read 427194 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #1863: Feb 06, 2019 10:23:32 pm
      I know but we should be 4 points clear with a game in hand it's so f**king frustrating!

If only it was that easy winning the league mate, we have given ourselves a chance now we just need to find that form of early season.
      Funnily enough if you look back at Jurgens record with us he always has a sh*t January and we come back strong.

Give Bournemouth a spanking on Saturday and we are still 3 pts ahead then let’s see what the two Plastc clubs can do.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #1864: Feb 06, 2019 10:26:11 pm
      I predict we don’t lose another game the rest of the year. So that’s Big Ears and possibly a league title as long as we don’t get too many draws.

Works for me.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #1865: Feb 06, 2019 10:28:13 pm
      Pep looks stressed he F***ing knows we ain’t going anywhere other than top..

Even a draw keeps us ahead..

We just need to match city’s results and we’re good..
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1866: Feb 06, 2019 10:42:41 pm
      Need to win all our fixtures now bar one draw. Can't see them dropping points.

Rubbish, of course they'll drop points so will we
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1867: Feb 06, 2019 10:47:42 pm
      Now it's happened it doesn't feel so bad. Liverpool in the PL era never do things easily.

I don't think the players enjoyed (which doesnt make it right) being ahead at this stage.

Hopefully for a while now we can start concentrating on the opponent rather than the table.

A draw or a win against Bournemouth and we go back ahead. I think we can win this one even with the injuries. After that though we need players back and then we can start to leave this patch behind us.

We have to start winning soon though because we've used up our cushion and now we need to get points on the board.

This isn't an amazing City team we are facing, but people forget that it wasn't Hendo at right back, Matip at CB or Keita in midfield that got us the points we have now. That's why we need to pick up some points with this situation but ultimately we need our first choice XI back very soon.

With this current set of players we have drifted very quickly back into league form of seasons gone by. We can still win games with them, but not titles. We need some luck with injuries.
      « Last Edit: Feb 06, 2019 10:53:22 pm by fields of anny rd »
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,313 posts | 1007 
      Reply #1868: Feb 06, 2019 11:01:53 pm
      City celebrating at Everton like they’ve already won the league should give us enough encouragement to go for it on Saturday! Jürgen has had his team talk, done for him! We are in charge of our own destiny, we need to believe!
      DanMann

• 5,747 posts | 882 
      Reply #1869: Feb 06, 2019 11:13:53 pm
      Hopefully the kick we need.

Seeing City up at the top.. if that doesn't spur on the lads to put in their best performance of the season, I don't know what will.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #1870: Feb 06, 2019 11:17:49 pm
      We could still win the league and old big ears . Keep the faith
      Ynwa
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #1871: Feb 06, 2019 11:33:33 pm
      If we don't win a trophy this season, Klopp isn't as amazing as people think.
      We won't be top tonight anymore.

Yeah, Klopp is not amazing, but you are. Amazing at constantly winding people up.

Shut up dude. Just, shut up.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1872: Feb 06, 2019 11:39:36 pm
      City celebrating at Everton like they’ve already won the league should give us enough encouragement to go for it on Saturday! Jürgen has had his team talk, done for him! We are in charge of our own destiny, we need to believe!

We've had loads of that sort of thing already. Pellegrini being a dick all week about helping city and Kyle walker tweeting bollocks about us.

I'm not sure listening to Klopp he buys in to all that them and us stuff. I believe he is of the belief that to win the points is reason enough to motivate players.

Personally I'd have been trying to get in the players heads, us and them mentality and get them ready for a battle but it's not the way the club has gone recently.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #1873: Feb 07, 2019 08:45:31 am
      Rubbish, of course they'll drop points so will we
      Can't see it
      Kopite78
      Reply #1874: Feb 07, 2019 08:50:29 am

Didn't realise they were currently on 78 points

Amazing aren't they
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #1875: Feb 07, 2019 08:51:39 am
      Well at least we're in with a chance. That's all we can ask for. Hopefully sum players back Saturday and as klopp says enjoy the ride. Hope the boys start to play with a bit of freedom now. Maybe now we're not top. Just go out and enjoy it lads see where it takes us.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #1876: Feb 07, 2019 08:59:36 am
      Well at least we're in with a chance. That's all we can ask for. Hopefully sum players back Saturday and as klopp says enjoy the ride. Hope the boys start to play with a bit of freedom now. Maybe now we're not top. Just go out and enjoy it lads see where it takes us.

I’m amazed the way people are just adopting the media narrative that we’ve relinquished our lead.

We’re level on points and marginally behind on goal difference with a home game in hand.

Win our game at home Saturday - ideal with a few goals (just for you FOAR ;)) and we are 3 points clear.

All that’s happened is both us and Citeh have dropped points but they’ve played more.

We aren’t chasing anybody they’re still chasing us until we relinquish the points advantage having played same number of games.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #1877: Feb 07, 2019 09:10:02 am
      We need to start getting back to how we played at the start of the season. Closing down quick and fast on the counter  passes going to targets. If we perform like we have from start of the year we be out of the title race in a few weeks. Need start enjoying our football and hopefully our blip is over. Players back would help too
      Scottbot

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1878: Feb 07, 2019 09:36:32 am
      I've felt pretty depressed with it all the past few days and have to admit my belief that we can win it has diminished somewhat but a good win at the weekend will improve my mood and belief considerably. However, I am concerned about the following game at the mancs, they are on fire at the moment and will have a point to prove against us. We desperately need to rediscover the defensive solidity that has been the bedrock of our play this season but clearly we are missing Gomez, TAA and to a lesser extent Lovren. I don't know the wait on Lovren but I believe Trent must be close to a return, the sooner the better.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,153 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #1879: Feb 07, 2019 09:36:58 am
      I predict we don’t lose another game the rest of the year. So that’s Big Ears and possibly a league title as long as we don’t get too many draws.

Works for me.

I admire your optimism FL and if we do go on unbeaten it will have been one hell of a Season. I'm as optimistic as they come but even that is stretching it for me. While i think we will win the League i just see the Champions League as a step too far for this Squad. I said at the start of the Season that i expected us to win the League but i doubted that we had the squad depth to maintain an assault on all fronts. I (along with many others here) said that we needed another top class centre back in the Summer as back up for Gomez and van Dijk. We also said we needed another creative midfielder, hence the failed acquisition of Fekir. We didn't do that and i hope it doesn't come back to haunt us, i really do. Lovren is sh*te and has no place at this Club. Matip is a bad version of Sakho. Klavan wasn't anything special but i'd rather have him here than Matip or Lovren, in fact i'd have Hoever over the both of them as well.

Both Gomez and Arnold have been massive losses to us recently. We have looked disjointed at the back and the horror show defending at West Ham with the high line set piece defence was abysmal, do that against Bayern and it's lights out. We have been missing Arnold's attacking prowess down that flank and as loyal and hard working as Milner is he is no right back. We are also missing Gomez with his calmness and composure on the ball, both him and van Dijk bring the ball out with ease, that can't be said of Lovren or Matip. I'm also unhappy that we let Clyne go out on loan but Klopp would have had a good reason for doing so, he is not that naive. I believe that Clyne asked to leave as he knew his days here were numbered with the emergence of Arnold. No issue with that, Klopp obviously saw no problem with letting this happen.

With our lack of potency on the right flank it has highlighted the inability of our midfield to create, this is forcing our front three to come back to the halfway line to try and make things happen. This should not be happening. This is where we are missing Ox. It is no surprise our front three are not hitting the heights of last Season, they are being starved of service.

Gomez is out for potentially 6 weeks, could be back for the Spurs game. Arnold will hopefully be back for Saturday, then we have a 2 week break where hopefully we are rejuvenated and any lingering issues are ironed out.

Also, Ox has been named in the Champions League squad for the Bayern games. Now i know it's wishful thinking on my part but he could be back pretty soon. Head down, beat Bournemouth on Saturday and we sit 3 points clear having played equal games.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #1880: Feb 07, 2019 09:43:29 am
      Well it better than last year. We enjoy the ride. Only one silverware in 13 seasons I'm. Desperate for we win anything. Think it be like fergie at united 1st trophy comes more will follow more easy. Just get the 3 points then have all back bar gomez and ox back for united. We will need them they will be desperate to beat us.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1881: Feb 07, 2019 09:57:10 am
      well that's it then City back on top the league is over.... the media and even Pep suggest the same....F**k that.
      Chasing them down now is going to be just what we need to get our form back we have a target so I fully expect to see us back to our devastating best against Bournemouth.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #1882: Feb 07, 2019 09:58:25 am
      I admire your optimism FL and if we do go on unbeaten it will have been one hell of a Season. I'm as optimistic as they come but even that is stretching it for me. While i think we will win the League i just see the Champions League as a step too far for this Squad. I said at the start of the Season that i expected us to win the League but i doubted that we had the squad depth to maintain an assault on all fronts. I (along with many others here) said that we needed another top class centre back in the Summer as back up for Gomez and van Dijk. We also said we needed another creative midfielder, hence the failed acquisition of Fekir. We didn't do that and i hope it doesn't come back to haunt us, i really do. Lovren is sh*te and has no place at this Club. Matip is a bad version of Sakho. Klavan wasn't anything special but i'd rather have him here than Matip or Lovren, in fact i'd have Hoever over the both of them as well.

Both Gomez and Arnold have been massive losses to us recently. We have looked disjointed at the back and the horror show defending at West Ham with the high line set piece defence was abysmal, do that against Bayern and it's lights out. We have been missing Arnold's attacking prowess down that flank and as loyal and hard working as Milner is he is no right back. We are also missing Gomez with his calmness and composure on the ball, both him and van Dijk bring the ball out with ease, that can't be said of Lovren or Matip. I'm also unhappy that we let Clyne go out on loan but Klopp would have had a good reason for doing so, he is not that naive. I believe that Clyne asked to leave as he knew his days here were numbered with the emergence of Arnold. No issue with that, Klopp obviously saw no problem with letting this happen.

With our lack of potency on the right flank it has highlighted the inability of our midfield to create, this is forcing our front three to come back to the halfway line to try and make things happen. This should not be happening. This is where we are missing Ox. It is no surprise our front three are not hitting the heights of last Season, they are being starved of service.

Gomez is out for potentially 6 weeks, could be back for the Spurs game. Arnold will hopefully be back for Saturday, then we have a 2 week break where hopefully we are rejuvenated and any lingering issues are ironed out.

Also, Ox has been named in the Champions League squad for the Bayern games. Now i know it's wishful thinking on my part but he could be back pretty soon. Head down, beat Bournemouth on Saturday and we sit 3 points clear having played equal games.
      Can't see us winning either but just good to be in contention. When I look at city bench even compared to ours  sum difference. Anyway hoping we somehow can win pl. One trophy in 13 seasons  a League cup and so many near misses I think we deserve sum luck and silverware. Make it all sweeter if we somehow do it seen as every other club in pl dosent want us to win anything ever
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1883: Feb 07, 2019 10:13:40 am
      If we don't win a trophy this season, Klopp isn't as amazing as people think.
      We won't be top tonight anymore.

City can play any combination of 3 from a group of 6 attacking players.
      LFC have reliably got 4.
      If LFC don't win anything it'll be because of the drop off to Sturridge & Origi,
      not Klopp.

It's because of Klopp and the work put in so far that the team is joint top of the league with a game in hand.

Enjoy the ride.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #1884: Feb 07, 2019 10:21:57 am
      LFC have reliably got 4.
      If LFC don't win anything it'll be because of the drop off to Sturridge & Origi,
      not Klopp.

It's because of Klopp and the work put in so far that the team is joint top of the league with a game in hand.

Enjoy the ride.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1885: Feb 07, 2019 10:24:48 am
      LFC have reliably got 4.
      not Klopp.

Enjoy the ride.

So many already given up and looking for scapegoats if you cant enjoy Liverpool challenging for the League and playing in the last 16 of the CL WTF is the point.

Quick Reply