Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

We are top of the league!

Read 426719 times
      Kopite78
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #2024: Feb 25, 2019 09:46:15 am
      You are conflating different issues;
      Am I happy that we are top of the league at the end of Feb, yes absolutely.
      Am I worried about our recent form and the nervy poor performances from our lads since the turn of the year, yes absolutely.

Do I still think we can win the league, Yes I do, but we MUST improve, Klopp needs to sort this sh*t out, refocus the lads and get us playing positive football again, like we did against Bournemouth and please no more bollocks like playing Milner instead of Trent at RB.

To be fair to you, you're very consistent in your mindset

You moan and whinge regardless

As for Milner at RB you don't have all the info at your fingertips so it's very difficult to talk in absolutes
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2025: Feb 25, 2019 09:49:33 am
      Don't feed the Troll/Wum/idiot take your pick
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #2026: Feb 25, 2019 09:58:36 am
      So you think Milner is a better option than Trent then, WOW!! If you think that then you clearly don't know better.

Why can't some of you accept that Klopp sometimes fucks up and has a few weaknesses, we all do, its human nature.

At no point have I said that.

Thatā€™s - one of - the reasons that some of your posts are so very poor.

I simply said that I didnā€™t think that playing Milner was a factor yesterday. Youā€™ve invented the comments / assumptions about how I view TAA.

Thatā€™s what you do (on occasions) - you take what people actually say and force it through the ā€œHeimy-prismā€ and present an alternative hypothesis entirely of your making.

JĆ¼rgen has a squad of players to pick from. Based on form, fitness and character he opted for Milner yesterday - presumably to protect a still recovering TAA for MORE games in the run in........

Now I can respect and understand a view that he should have played TAA yesterday. I still donā€™t think it would have made a material difference the way the front 3 played - but thatā€™s a difference of opinion.

I trust JĆ¼rgen to get the best out of this squad for the run-in over the duration. Doesnā€™t mean Iā€™ll agree with every decision BUT I only have a fraction of the info available to work with that he and the coaching staff do.

Good luck to you. Feel as angry, irate, disgusted, panicky as you like.

Not my style.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2027: Feb 25, 2019 10:17:12 am
      Were going go win the title, itā€™s never easy up against a team that has been financially doped & we are keeping them very very honest..City must be thinking to themselves, jeez liverpoool, why we not they just go away, well weā€™re staying..City will burn out & theyā€™ve had a couple of injuries to key players..

3 points against Watford & I honestly believe City will draw with West Ham..
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1767 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2028: Feb 25, 2019 10:19:57 am
      Fuk the negativity, were top of the league !!!!!!

ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #2029: Feb 25, 2019 11:33:46 am
      Playing like sh*te as some have put it and we're still F***ing top of the league. :D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2030: Feb 25, 2019 11:49:57 am
      To be fair to you, you're very consistent in your mindset

You moan and whinge regardless

As for Milner at RB you don't have all the info at your fingertips so it's very difficult to talk in absolutes

Actually I don't moan all the time, if we win and play well I'll be the one cheering the loudest but that performance yesterday was bloody awful, you must agree with that?
      As for Milner at RB, if he is the answer then the wrong F***ing question is being asked! The ONLY excuse for playing Milner in that game was if Trent had an injury which according to Klopp he did not, I mean what a F***ing game to rest players in!!!

If you think Milner is a better RB than Trent then good luck to you, but please don't then pretend that you know the first thing about football!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2031: Feb 25, 2019 11:52:57 am
      Top of the league for 12 rounds in a row. The people who predicted we'd no longer be here by now are still whining, but will not admit they were wrong - just keep saying it'll happen next week.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2032: Feb 25, 2019 11:59:57 am
      At no point have I said that.

Thatā€™s - one of - the reasons that some of your posts are so very poor.

I simply said that I didnā€™t think that playing Milner was a factor yesterday. Youā€™ve invented the comments / assumptions about how I view TAA.

Thatā€™s what you do (on occasions) - you take what people actually say and force it through the ā€œHeimy-prismā€ and present an alternative hypothesis entirely of your making.

JĆ¼rgen has a squad of players to pick from. Based on form, fitness and character he opted for Milner yesterday - presumably to protect a still recovering TAA for MORE games in the run in........

Now I can respect and understand a view that he should have played TAA yesterday. I still donā€™t think it would have made a material difference the way the front 3 played - but thatā€™s a difference of opinion.

I trust JĆ¼rgen to get the best out of this squad for the run-in over the duration. Doesnā€™t mean Iā€™ll agree with every decision BUT I only have a fraction of the info available to work with that he and the coaching staff do.

Good luck to you. Feel as angry, irate, disgusted, panicky as you like.

Not my style.

I just find it incredible how some of you are incapable of ever criticising the manager.
      I think that starting Milner instead of Trent had a big effect, but of course its hypothetical as it can't be proven. From the games I have watched Milner is ok'ish defensively but offers so much less than Trent does going forwards and yesterday we had very little going forwards or do you disagree?
      I also think we should have made the midfield far more attacking after Manure's was decimated by injuries and no the replacements they brought on were not top class, some of them I'd barely heard of before!
      Bringing on Sturridge for Bobby was also a mistake, one that Klopp seems to make time after time in an insane fashion, I would have replaced Bobby with Shaq or Origi, and shifted Mo into the midle. I would also have brought on or started Keita, I can't understand dropping him for this game.

I will hail Klopp a lot more times than I criticise him and I am so grateful that we have a top top manager like him but he does make mistakes and does have issues with influencing games midflow or at half time, if you think he is faultless then good for you, but you are kidding yourself!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2033: Feb 25, 2019 12:04:32 pm
      Top of the league for 12 rounds in a row. The people who predicted we'd no longer be here by now are still whining, but will not admit they were wrong - just keep saying it'll happen next week.

Who predicted we would not be here by now?

We are top of the league, Hurrah for that , BUT its now only by 1 point, down from 7 points at the turn of the year and we have had a lot of poor performances recently. That is why some of us are getting a bit nervous. I would love to have the blind faith some of you guys have but I am desperate for the league title and this is such a good chance for us, which I fear is slipping away.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #2034: Feb 25, 2019 12:10:54 pm
      I just find it incredible how some of you are incapable of ever criticising the manager.
      I think that starting Milner instead of Trent had a big effect, but of course its hypothetical as it can't be proven. From the games I have watched Milner is ok'ish defensively but offers so much less than Trent does going forwards and yesterday we had very little going forwards or do you disagree?
      I also think we should have made the midfield far more attacking after Manure's was decimated by injuries and no the replacements they brought on were not top class, some of them I'd barely heard of before!
      Bringing on Sturridge for Bobby was also a mistake, one that Klopp seems to make time after time in an insane fashion, I would have replaced Bobby with Shaq or Origi, and shifted Mo into the midle. I would also have brought on or started Keita, I can't understand dropping him for this game.

I will hail Klopp a lot more times than I criticise him and I am so grateful that we have a top top manager like him but he does make mistakes and does have issues with influencing games midflow or at half time, if you think he is faultless then good for you, but you are kidding yourself!

I have and will criticise(d) him plenty Heimy - I actually agree with you re Studge yesterday. I donā€™t think heā€™s worth a place in the squad anymore.

The rest I donā€™t agree with and the TAA thing is a personal hobby horse - the shape of the game was not impacted by that one iota in my opinion.

The lack of movement up front was an issue - especially after Bobby went off.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2035: Feb 25, 2019 12:14:40 pm
      Fernandinho and Laporte out "for some weeks".

Last time Fernandinho was out city dropped points.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1767 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2036: Feb 25, 2019 12:15:41 pm
      Actually I don't moan all the time, if we win and play well I'll be the one cheering the loudest but that performance yesterday was bloody awful, you must agree with that?
      As for Milner at RB, if he is the answer then the wrong f**king question is being asked! The ONLY excuse for playing Milner in that game was if Trent had an injury which according to Klopp he did not, I mean what a f**king game to rest players in!!!

If you think Milner is a better RB than Trent then good luck to you, but please don't then pretend that you know the first thing about football!

Trent was given a break because he was only just back from Injury, and klopp didn't want to risk him and risk losing him again for weeks, we rushed Lovren back for the FA cup and look what happened there.

Trent will come back in v Watford fresh & buzzing and rip them a new one.

Its all good and all that stuff. ;-)
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1767 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2037: Feb 25, 2019 12:17:12 pm
      I have and will criticise(d) him plenty Heimy - I actually agree with you re Studge yesterday. I donā€™t think heā€™s worth a place in the squad anymore.

The rest I donā€™t agree with and the TAA thing is a personal hobby horse - the shape of the game was not impacted by that one iota in my opinion.

The lack of movement up front was an issue - especially after Bobby went off.

I too think sturridge is now done, he has been fit all season and only made an impact in the odd game, Id rather now play Origi, Shaq, or Lallana ahead of studge.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2038: Feb 25, 2019 12:18:18 pm

Not at all.. your default is moaning and complaining

As for attributing the Milner quote to me.. you love putting words in people's eh? I haven't said that for one second
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1767 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2039: Feb 25, 2019 12:19:13 pm
      Who predicted we would not be here by now?

We are top of the league, Hurrah for that , BUT its now only by 1 point, down from 7 points at the turn of the year and we have had a lot of poor performances recently. That is why some of us are getting a bit nervous. I would love to have the blind faith some of you guys have but I am desperate for the league title and this is such a good chance for us, which I fear is slipping away.

Top of the league playing sh1t is the mark of champions, so were told when the mancs were doing it. ;-)

See when we last won the league, we played sh1te a lot of games, the free flowing football didn't happen every week, we nicked draws, scraped 1-0's, then in between smashed the odd team. Very similar to this season, actually we have more points than ever this season if I think.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2040: Feb 25, 2019 01:01:18 pm

Ahh come on Diego. We've been up to 7 points ahead. We were always going to still be here (Or at worst second on goal difference).

There's no doubt about it we have hit some very worrying form and as a result our lead has been eaten away at. Being only 1 point ahead now, then it may very well be next week where we move down to second.

No doubt a couple of wins and life seems good again, bit we will have to improve and get back to early to mid season form.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2041: Feb 25, 2019 01:04:39 pm

Usually I'd be hopeful but that old c**t Pellegrini seems to have some rather worrying deep rooted love for Man City and a bit of a vendetta against Klopp.

He's not going to throw the game but I'm not sure his players will be quite as up for their game as they were for ours.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2042: Feb 25, 2019 01:26:52 pm
      Usually I'd be hopeful but that old c**t Pellegrini seems to have some rather worrying deep rooted love for Man City and a bit of a vendetta against Klopp.

He's not going to throw the game but I'm not sure his players will be quite as up for their game as they were for ours.

Yeah Pellegrini has certainly come across as a c**t regarding Klopp, what a tit... back to the players themselves, Everton players showing a good performance did no harm to their reputations & Iā€™m sure West Ham players will to..Andy Carroll May just have a say too.. 👍🏼
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #2043: Feb 25, 2019 01:37:31 pm

9 points dropped in 4 games.  ;D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2044: Feb 25, 2019 01:49:27 pm
      9 points dropped in 4 games.  ;D

Exactly.

Best case would be him out for the rest of the season, or at least the bulk of it.

City without Fernandinho can be got at, and are not the same team at all.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2045: Feb 25, 2019 02:06:40 pm

I'd find that very surprising to be honest
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,224 posts | 1387 
      Reply #2046: Feb 25, 2019 02:29:37 pm
      Yeah Pellegrini has certainly come across as a c**t regarding Klopp, what a tit... back to the players themselves, Everton players showing a good performance did no harm to their reputations & Iā€™m sure West Ham players will to..Andy Carroll May just have a say too.. 👍🏼

Plus they are 9th and 12 points clear of 3rd bottom Soton, so I can't see Pele busting his gut and putting his players under threat if they don't turn up. I expect a routine win for City with West ham telephoning in.

Could be 5/6-0.

Quick Reply