Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

We are top of the league!

Read 426844 times
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #2254: Apr 05, 2019 10:35:55 pm
      Now on 82 points, which when prem started would of won The league 7 times.

We got 5 games left. F***ing madness.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2255: Apr 05, 2019 10:38:39 pm
      Now on 82 points, which when prem started would of won The league 7 times.

We got 5 games left. F***ing madness.

I predicted 95 points and was laughed at and I also said we may finish 2nd and was laughed at this is a crazy league and we are fighting the most financially supported team n the history of the league who also have the most decorated manager in European Football. What does this say about Jürgen and the boys I am just so proud
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #2256: Apr 06, 2019 04:16:04 pm
      With 5 games to go, there’s only one way there’ll be zero pressure, and that’s being 16 points ahead of the field. As we aren’t, there will be pressure. Differing amounts of pressure to each player as they will all feel it different.
      Doesn’t matter who says what, it doesn’t get any better or any worse. It is what it is for each individual.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6374 
      Reply #2257: Apr 06, 2019 04:48:56 pm
      What if I told you we wouldn’t trail them (City) again from here on out?

barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2258: Apr 06, 2019 04:55:14 pm
      Was hoping newcastle would beat palace today as a palace win 1-0 leaves them safe from relegation and they play city next so might clock off while newcastle still aren't safe and we have to play them. Anyway good win last night. We march on. Just need to get the winner of the national now 😂
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2259: Apr 06, 2019 05:17:57 pm
      I wouldn't like putting money on that bet. City wil beat palace. If we win every match till end of season I think we be in with a great chance. Can't see it if we drop any points. But it's great just to be able to compete with the zillionaires money machine
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2260: Apr 06, 2019 06:34:51 pm
      I see in a couple of places today liverpool linked with isco. I for one would love isco at lpool. If you had the choice of isco or oouts or fekir even which would you prefer.? I think we need a playmaker in the summer. 
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2261: Apr 06, 2019 06:41:56 pm
      Just watching city v brighton. Pack dirty bas**rds that city defence. Walker otemendi complaining about everything and dirty fuckers to boot.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #2262: Apr 06, 2019 09:21:38 pm

If you could guarantee it I’d be made up
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #2263: Apr 06, 2019 09:25:33 pm
      Just watching city v brighton. Pack dirty bas**rds that city defence. Walker otemendi complaining about everything and dirty fuckers to boot.
      Yeah, can anyone really explain why Walker never got a red for the butt. Even after var ?
      How many people watching that worldwide, did they say 90 million, and nobody can answer it ?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2264: Apr 07, 2019 12:10:04 am

Squeaking a 1-0 against Brighton after just getting past Swansea last round, this City team are not quite as impressive as everyone makes out.
      They will drop points, I'm sure of it.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,686 posts | 3708 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2265: Apr 07, 2019 05:23:55 am
      Squeaking a 1-0 against Brighton after just getting past Swansea last round, this City team are not quite as impressive as everyone makes out.

I wish you're right! Please God!
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2266: Apr 07, 2019 06:29:57 pm
      Watched Newcastle Palace match yesterday where geordiesshould have won by a hatful. Palace winning keeps them safe so they lye down against man city while newcastle losing means there not safe and if there not when we play them they be gping hell for leather for points. Today was hoping for a wolves win as we play them the week of cup final and probably rest players and have there mind on the final yet there losing 3-2. I'm looking for any kind of edge we can get.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,998 posts | 223 
      Reply #2267: Apr 08, 2019 01:31:05 am
      wolves manager with a fvk up by taking off jota and neves, jota was running at watford causing panic at the back
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2268: Apr 08, 2019 10:43:51 am
      I hope chelsea don't ruin our Premier league plans again. Hazard espically can be lethal on the break. There that sort of dogged team. It's only match in our run in that and newcastle away as there still not safe. I'm hoping too palace don't lie down against city after reaching 39 points following a freaky win with Hodgson declaring in media on TV that there safe. I hope they have a go at city.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2269: Apr 08, 2019 11:02:40 am
      I hope chelsea don't ruin our Premier league plans again. Hazard espically can be lethal on the break. There that sort of dogged team. It's only match in our run in that and newcastle away as there still not safe. I'm hoping too palace don't lie down against city after reaching 39 points following a freaky win with Hodgson declaring in media on TV that there safe. I hope they have a go at city.

Can you stop being so sodding negative all the time, bloody hell try to see the bright side just occasionally, please!!

Teams very rarely lose on purpose, especially at home so I'm sure Palace will try their very hardest to beat City and secure premiership for next season.
      As for Newcastle I'd be very surprised if they are still fighting relegation with 2 matches to go, especially after we have beaten Cardiff.

I was hoping for Wolves to go to the FA Cup final to distract them for our final match but I think they'll be in holiday mode at that point with nothing to play for and in any case I think we have more than enough to score against their crap goalkeeper.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2270: Apr 08, 2019 11:06:02 am
      wolves manager with a fvk up by taking off jota and neves, jota was running at watford causing panic at the back

Yeah that was embarassing, to go from 2-0 and cruising to victory to then lose is poor, very poor. Why on earth they decided to just sit back and invite pressure onto them for the final 15 minutes is beyond me. If you do that you ALWAYS risk a late equaliser against a team who have dangerous attackers like Watford do.
      I actually fancy Watford to win it now, I think they have a really good team spirit and in the same way as us with the league it just seems to be their year.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2271: Apr 08, 2019 11:37:30 am
      Top of the league.

Happy Maggie Day.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,521 posts | 1768 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2272: Apr 08, 2019 12:03:03 pm

Defo. Palace, manu & Spuds theyre next 3 games. they could easily drop points in any of those games.

The 3 games v spuds is massive for them as well, lots of games, could mean lots of niggly injuries.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 877 posts | 102 
      Reply #2273: Apr 08, 2019 12:18:15 pm
      sfunny to think that if there wasnt the small matter of City, we wouldve won the league by now, but theyre thinking if there wasnt the small matter of Liverpool..........
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,521 posts | 1768 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2274: Apr 08, 2019 12:26:10 pm
      sfunny to think that if there wasnt the small matter of City, we wouldve won the league by now, but theyre thinking if there wasnt the small matter of Liverpool..........

Whoever finishes 2nd is still going to have taken a record points, its mad.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 2816 
      Reply #2275: Apr 08, 2019 12:28:12 pm

Yep, absolutely crazy season.

One thing is for sure though - whoever comes second will most certainly have not 'bottled' it. It's just two great teams going toe to toe and unfortunately one will fall short.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2276: Apr 08, 2019 01:53:13 pm
      Can you stop being so sodding negative all the time, bloody hell try to see the bright side just occasionally, please!!

Teams very rarely lose on purpose, especially at home so I'm sure Palace will try their very hardest to beat City and secure premiership for next season.
      As for Newcastle I'd be very surprised if they are still fighting relegation with 2 matches to go, especially after we have beaten Cardiff.

I was hoping for Wolves to go to the FA Cup final to distract them for our final match but I think they'll be in holiday mode at that point with nothing to play for and in any case I think we have more than enough to score against their crap goalkeeper.
      Two points they have rui Patricia in goal who is excellent not ruddy like yesterday and palace are safe even Hodgson said so. Newcastle badly need points. Anyway hopefully not matter we win all our games and City slip up somewhere. Exciting end to the season. I hope after all our near misses in leagues and Cup finals this year we get a bit of the rub of the green. Ynwa

Quick Reply