Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

We are top of the league!

Read 426125 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #2415: Apr 17, 2019 12:47:16 pm
      No don't want see city winning anything more. If win on pens it be huge shot in the arm. The team be buzzing at weekend spurs deflated. The owners want CL trophy it's holy grail. Anything else be considered a failure. If they don't win wheels could come off. Fernardinho has already injured Ali Delph put kane out they probably target son and Erickson tonight.

If city loses, they might come back and bite spurs this weekend. Which we do not want.

Of the three games, there won't be such a thing as a clean sweep due to so little that separates the two teams. So I'll take a Spurs win on Saturday and give today's win to City based on even probability. Anything will do for me for City to drop points. Spurs still have to secure third and so will definitely give it their all on Saturday.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #2416: Apr 17, 2019 01:01:41 pm
      I wonder what will happen to shitty if shitty lost to Spurs in both ties. The roof will come off at the etihad and burtn down I would think. Won't rule out the possibility, they haven't had tough opponents so far. If the footballing gods are up there, pls let that happen. They have been buying titles.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #2417: Apr 17, 2019 01:08:25 pm
      After watching that mid table team from down the M62 last night. I think we’re relying on spuds to fault cities run. The other lot were totally Abismal  last night and I think any sign of new manager bump was fully destroyed. They look like they couldn’t win a F***ing argument let alone a footy match.
      They won’t need to deliberately lose, I don’t think they’ve got a snowballs hope in hell !
      Come on you spurs. 😬
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #2418: Apr 17, 2019 01:08:37 pm
      That's the one

Which is why I've never listened to that station

Audio version of that rag

Yep.

Really admired Colin Murray for walking away from them when they were taken over. Not everyone would have done the same.

Back to matters in hand though and still top going into Easter.

Still need City to drop at least a point but I know from our end we look like a side who is going to keep that pressure on them.
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #2419: Apr 17, 2019 01:12:00 pm
      I can't figure out if I want them to get past Spurs or not. I think them winning probably gives our title chances a sight leg up because they will be up against it physically (not that they don't have the squad to cope) but wearing both hats I wouldn't want play them in the final if we get there (and I think we have a very good chance of getting there).

On balance I think it's probably better they go out tonight, it'll take a chunk out of them emotionally and they'll have to regroup and go again with the very real prospect of missing out on the two biggest competitions.

Go on the Spuds!
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #2420: Apr 17, 2019 01:18:55 pm
      I can't figure out if I want them to get past Spurs or not. I think them winning probably gives our title chances a sight leg up because they will be up against it physically (not that they don't have the squad to cope) but wearing both hats I wouldn't want play them in the final if we get there (and I think we have a very good chance of getting there).

On balance I think it's probably better they go out tonight, it'll take a chunk out of them emotionally and they'll have to regroup and go again with the very real prospect of missing out on the two biggest competitions.

Go on the Spuds!

Not too bothered myself mate, I think there's a pro's and con's both ways. If Spurs go through that gives them a lot of confidence into the league game, but you know they'd win the CL legs and then lose in the league! If City won they have another two games to play but gain a bit of momentum again.

In terms of the CL itself and potential final opponents I'm not too bothered, you have to beat the best to win and I'll back us against anyone left in the competition, starting out with a professional job against Porto tonight.

Think you're right though, on balance it's best if they go out and lose some of their confidence and momentum.
      ruthcity

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #2421: Apr 17, 2019 01:21:48 pm
      I think we should stop posting. Keep this board at 97 pages. Equivalent to the maximum number of points we'll end up with this season.

Lock this thread and start a new one with we're winning the league or something...

Just a suggestion.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,276 posts | 799 
      Reply #2422: Apr 17, 2019 01:37:55 pm
      Just posting to be a c**t in the hope this bring us to page 98.

EDIT: sh*te.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2423: Apr 17, 2019 02:02:08 pm
      Yep.

Really admired Colin Murray for walking away from them when they were taken over. Not everyone would have done the same.

That's the point si.  It's not a recent thing. That c**t Mackenzie was involved in that shitty station from day one.
      I know it's off topic and stuff so I apologize but if any reds aren't aware they should be

Never listened to it for the same reason I've never read that rag and I don't think any Liverpool fan should
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #2424: Apr 17, 2019 02:54:28 pm
      Not too bothered myself mate, I think there's a pro's and con's both ways. If Spurs go through that gives them a lot of confidence into the league game, but you know they'd win the CL legs and then lose in the league! If City won they have another two games to play but gain a bit of momentum again.

In terms of the CL itself and potential final opponents I'm not too bothered, you have to beat the best to win and I'll back us against anyone left in the competition, starting out with a professional job against Porto tonight.

Think you're right though, on balance it's best if they go out and lose some of their confidence and momentum.

I hate playing English clubs in the champions league mate! St least if you lose your nowhere near the opposition. Imagining losing to city or spurs in a European cup final! I work with quite a few spurs fans and me oldest mate in the world is a season ticket holder at the Etihad. Don’t think I could bear it! Also, I think Pep has sussed Klopp this season. Their approach was quite different in the two games we played in the league and it paid off for them. Spurs on the other hand, I think we’d win that one if we were both to get there.

Mind you, still got Poeyp and ZbRca to get past first!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2425: Apr 17, 2019 03:04:20 pm

Go on the Spuds!

I agree, even though that is 2 less games for them to play I think a loss tonight will knock their confidence, plus will give Spurs a lot of belief that they can also go there and get a result in the league, which they badly need to secure top 4.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2426: Apr 17, 2019 07:17:28 pm
      I agree, even though that is 2 less games for them to play I think a loss tonight will knock their confidence, plus will give Spurs a lot of belief that they can also go there and get a result in the league, which they badly need to secure top 4.
      Its the champions League there really after they have won prems, cups, not this one so if they get knocked out I think it would affect them more. Extra two games would not matter as look at size and quality of there bench even.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2427: Apr 17, 2019 07:18:44 pm
      A liverpool spuds double tonight. 👍
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #2428: Apr 17, 2019 07:56:35 pm

This for me 😊
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #2429: Apr 17, 2019 07:57:33 pm
      A liverpool spuds double tonight. 👍

Yeeeesssssss!
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #2430: Apr 17, 2019 08:23:47 pm
      The way Spurs are defending they won't stop City in the League fixture next!
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 242 
      Reply #2431: Apr 17, 2019 10:00:38 pm
      Well cat amongst pigeons that result for shitty, can only concentrate on league now, hopefully a hangover on sat again spuds again
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2432: Apr 17, 2019 10:09:41 pm
      Well Spurs and and City have a win each over the two legs, the 3rd game between them to be a draw? Would be delighted with that.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #2433: Apr 17, 2019 10:26:10 pm
      May 1 Barcelona
      May 5 Newcastle
      May 8 Barcelona
      May 12 Wolves

Thats gonna be tough and we need a lotta bodies. Hope Shaq, Origi, Lovren, Lallana can contribute a lot more
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #2434: Apr 17, 2019 10:39:09 pm
      There not near same level as city. West ham dominated them and there rubbish. I can't see anything but an easy city win 3-1 at old Trafford. United are awful. I know they have top 4 to play for but still we're awful against hammers. Been sh*te since soljkaear honeymoon ended. But we will see. A one in 10 chance I think. Anyway that's for another day

And it should be another day. Look at the time of that post. The whole city of Liverpool standing silent for our 96 Brothers and Sisters, and you telling us instead how good or not, the mancs are. On April 15, who cares?

Never trust a manc to give you an honest answer about Liverpool. I'm not interested in what their players, manager or fans say, and neither should you, it's all bullsht. Their derby at home is one of the biggest games of their season, and as usual, they will be looking to do something about it.

We just need 1 draw in any of City's remaining games. Not a 5-0 win, not even 3 or 4 wins, just one draw is enough. It's not mission impossible.

Quote from Hasty Lover
      Nothing like rafas season. If we don't win we are going to get 90points+ and still not win, that is mental!.

Against a Guardiola side, probably not. Real have had to get 100 points before just to beat him to the Spanish league, and while it may be relatively new to us, that is what it takes to compete these days, let alone succeed. As in Spain, at least half the league here face us and City with no ambition of winning the games, and not much interest in a point either. They go a goal behind and they still sit there and park the bus, happy enough to keep the score down, it's akin to playing San Marino every week. The league is marketed as "anyone can beat anyone else", and then you see the bottom three have lost every game to the top 6 this season.

In those circumstances, the current team we have is now strong enough to amass 90+ points, and barring a total meltdown, we'll achieve that. We don't know if it will be enough next month, but this team is only going to get better, and the title will soon be coming home.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,523 posts | 388 
      Reply #2435: Apr 18, 2019 12:10:00 am
      spurs looked absolutely shattered in that last 20, and lost sissoko, and had F**k all on the bench. id be astonished if they can get anything on saturday which is a shame as in my head this was the one i had banked on. absurd btw that its a 12.30 saturday ko?!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #2436: Apr 18, 2019 12:14:36 am
      spurs looked absolutely shattered in that last 20, and lost sissoko, and had f**k all on the bench. id be astonished if they can get anything on saturday which is a shame as in my head this was the one i had banked on. absurd btw that its a 12.30 saturday ko?!

Best team that’s ever been put together according to the press let’s see how they respond to being knocked out of the main competition they have been desiring.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #2437: Apr 18, 2019 10:30:10 am
      May 1 Barcelona
      May 5 Newcastle
      May 8 Barcelona
      May 12 Wolves

Thats gonna be tough and we need a lotta bodies. Hope Shaq, Origi, Lovren, Lallana can contribute a lot more

Looks like the return leg is on Tuesday May 7. Does that mean the Newcastle game will be rescheduled - a late night kick off on Saturday?

Quick Reply