Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

We are top of the league!

Read 422966 times
      Kopite78
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #2438: Apr 18, 2019 10:39:28 am
      Looks like the return leg is on Tuesday May 7. Does that mean the Newcastle game will be rescheduled - a late night kick off on Saturday?

Don't think it can be as sky have that game and the late Saturday slot is BTs

The only swap would be to the 12.30 Saturday tv slot which City are in.. unlikely they agree to swap for us
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #2439: Apr 18, 2019 11:21:22 am
      Don't think it can be as sky have that game and the late Saturday slot is BTs

The only swap would be to the 12.30 Saturday tv slot which City are in.. unlikely they agree to swap for us

CL semi final 48 hours after an away game? SOMETHING has got to give in, surely!

The Ajax-Spurs date would've been ideal for us. We play Huddersfield on Friday, CL Tuesday, Newcastle Sunday and return Wednesday.

This now is just fu**ed up.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2440: Apr 18, 2019 11:23:18 am
      CL semi final 48 hours after an away game? SOMETHING has got to give in, surely!

Apparently talk is we are being moved to 7:45 Saturday night

That makes sense.. No clashes

Better than Sunday I guess
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #2441: Apr 18, 2019 11:24:51 am
      Apparently talk is we are being moved to 7:45 Saturday night

That makes sense.. No clashes

Better than Sunday I guess

Right. Sounds 'fair' for the TVs eh. At least they accommodate that, some week thats gonna be.
      Ryreb
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts | 24 
      Reply #2442: Apr 18, 2019 01:29:54 pm
      spurs looked absolutely shattered in that last 20, and lost sissoko, and had f**k all on the bench. id be astonished if they can get anything on saturday which is a shame as in my head this was the one i had banked on. absurd btw that its a 12.30 saturday ko?!

I agree. If City are gutted from their exit and aren’t focused the spuds have a chance. The quad is gone and their season will be seen as a failure if they do not now win the EPL, other two cups be damned.  Their depth will see them through this weekend as the spuds are depleted.

Make no mistake, it will be a proper contest as the spuds are in a fight for top 4.  City then has to face another team fighting for top 4, in a derby no less and we all know anything can happen in a derby.  It was my opinion that our best chance to see them drop points were against united and Leicester. Leicester have beaten and drawn against City this year and I could see another draw coming from this match.  I liked that prospect more when assuming city would still be playing in the Champions League. 
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #2443: Apr 18, 2019 01:39:22 pm
      A liverpool spuds double tonight. 👍

Done.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2444: Apr 18, 2019 01:44:55 pm
      The way Spurs are defending they won't stop City in the League fixture next!

Could argue the same about the way City was defending. That was a much harder game for City than Spurs, they will be completely drained emotionally and physically after that.
      Also I'm sure Spurs were tired but I think it was amore a case of nerves and going defensive the last 10 minutes, which very nearly cost them by the way. I'm sure they'll be full of confidence for Saturday whilst the defeat will still be rattling around the City minds, both players and fans.
      Perhaps that will lead them onto revenge, but it may also lead them onto getting some rash challenges and red cards.
      « Last Edit: Apr 18, 2019 01:51:11 pm by heimdall »
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #2445: Apr 18, 2019 01:51:16 pm
      Rather be in this situation, of a bit of a fixture pile up, than the season fizzling out with nothing to play for .
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2446: Apr 18, 2019 01:53:07 pm
      Rather be in this situation, of a bit of a fixture pile up, than the season fizzling, with nothing to play for .

100% agree, I love this at the moment, just need Spurs/Manure/Leicester/Burnley/Brighton to do us a favour plus Rafa to field his B team ;-). In all seriousness I'm certain that Newcastle and Wolves will have feck all to play for by then and be in holiday mode, so as long as we can avoid the potential banana skin of Cardiff then we should be fine.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2447: Apr 18, 2019 01:54:54 pm
      City & spuds could field totally diff teams for saturday lunchtime game.

Going to be very interesting.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2448: Apr 18, 2019 03:19:07 pm
      City & spuds could field totally diff teams for saturday lunchtime game.

Going to be very interesting.

Spurs need to get Ben Davies in there for Rose for a start. Probably be better off playing Sanchez, Alderweireld and Vertonghen in a back 3 with Trippier and Davies at WB.

Then Ali, Eriksen, Wanyama, Son and Llorente in midfield and attack.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2449: Apr 18, 2019 03:24:37 pm
      Poch is no mug he knows there’s no guaranteed CL spot for reaching the semis and with the others breathing down their necks they will set up to at least get a point.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2450: Apr 18, 2019 04:36:59 pm
      May 1 Barcelona
      May 5 Newcastle
      May 8 Barcelona
      May 12 Wolves

Thats gonna be tough and we need a lotta bodies. Hope Shaq, Origi, Lovren, Lallana can contribute a lot more
      Frig sake that's a heavy schedule I think newcastle match will be our hardest don't think Cardiff be straightforward they can't afford one more loss. Think we win 2-1 Sunday.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2451: Apr 18, 2019 04:39:07 pm
      Frig sake that's a heavy schedule I think newcastle match will be our hardest don't think Cardiff be straightforward they can't afford one more loss. Think we win 2-1 Sunday.

No games are easy for you

Apart from any city play 😁🙄
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #2452: Apr 18, 2019 05:00:47 pm
      Quote from Vicks86
      Looks like the return leg is on Tuesday May 7. Does that mean the Newcastle game will be rescheduled - a late night kick off on Saturday?

Has to be Saturday. There was an asterisk over that Newcastle ko time, in case of us playing the following Tuesday night. As that is the case, the Newcastle game will be on the Saturday.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2453: Apr 18, 2019 06:09:09 pm
      I think we should know in a weeks time if we will be winning the league or not. Obviously stranger things have happened and nothing is confirmed so who knows, but IMO, if City don’t drop points in at least one of their next 2 games, they won’t be dropping any.

Massive week ahead.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2454: Apr 18, 2019 06:57:02 pm
      It's a game that starts at 0-0 and they have to go and win it but I'd be shocked if they didn't. Spurs will come crashing down from the high they were on last night.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2455: Apr 18, 2019 07:16:51 pm
      It's a game that starts at 0-0 and they have to go and win it but I'd be shocked if they didn't. Spurs will come crashing down from the high they were on last night.

Really could go both ways. City have more pressure on them now to deliver the title because they were expected to go through in Europe. Spurs obviously on a high despite losing the 2nd leg. Lots of things that could potentially go in favour or against both sides.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2456: Apr 19, 2019 10:51:10 am
      Really could go both ways. City have more pressure on them now to deliver the title because they were expected to go through in Europe. Spurs obviously on a high despite losing the 2nd leg. Lots of things that could potentially go in favour or against both sides.

I've placed money on Spurs winning or getting a draw, just have a feeling about it, same as I thought Spurs would progress in CL.

I think Citeh will be to motivated and their heads will still be scrambled from Wednesday making them over aggressive. I think Spurs just need to set up to counter attack and with Speedy Gonzalez "aka Son", they have the perfect player to punish Citeh on the break.

COYS
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2457: Apr 19, 2019 10:54:21 am
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2458: Apr 19, 2019 11:13:46 am
      It's a hard call to say whether the Spurs KO will damage or motivate City. Mentally will they be stronger or weaker. We know they are resilient. I think the C/L KO could see them regroup and beat Spurs. But there will be a hangover from the Spurs KO and it could bite into them away to United.

It was a big loss and it will test Pep. He has to keep his squad focused, he will do that but the mental scar from the Spurs KO and the way in which it unfolded will take longer to heal.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2459: Apr 19, 2019 11:22:09 am
      I think city will win. Spurs spent huge amounts of the game chasing city trying to win the ball back. Sissoko out  on Tottenham webpage Ali doubtful maybe he got another bang on arm winks is out. No fit  Lot of injuries. I just think all emotion will have drained both teams but city are at home with a full strength squad. Think they ease this one. We need concentrate on just winning our games Cardiff won't be a walkover but we should win handy enough
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2460: Apr 19, 2019 12:00:23 pm
      If spurs could even manage a draw that will be amazing. City will be very hurt and determined spurs pay. With son upfront you just never know. Sterling Bernardo Silva sane probably come in and de bryne there all in great form. It's football but so you never know. As Greavsie used to always say its a funny old game.

Quick Reply