Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

We are top of the league!

Read 427230 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #2645: Apr 22, 2019 08:33:10 am
      Manure needs to think about themselves. They need UCL next season to attract the players and get money so Ole needs something from Wednesday. I'm just hoping!

The way Manure are playing the only thing Ole will get is the boot,and it won't be a golden one either.That said I would love them to put on a world class performance and thrash City.WE deserve to be league champions this season.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,259 posts | 1391 
      Reply #2646: Apr 22, 2019 01:04:45 pm
      The way Manure are playing the only thing Ole will get is the boot,and it won't be a golden one either.That said I would love them to put on a world class performance and thrash City.WE deserve to be league champions this season.

I said yesterday that Ole would last 9 months but I think the club might now support him rather than his lazy squad. Mourinho lost the dressing room and the club backed Pogba and the rest and sacked Mourinho.

I think they will give Ole the money and the power to get rid of the poseurs. Ok he'll make a balls of it and we will see organised chaos at United for the next few years.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2647: Apr 22, 2019 07:00:32 pm
      World class and united do not go in sane sentence 😂
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2648: Apr 23, 2019 02:36:43 am
      To think we would be Champions easily, already, if it wasn't for those rich cu*ts! Typical!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2649: Apr 23, 2019 09:19:38 am

First 2 check  :mixed-smiley-009:
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,350 posts | 2818 
      Reply #2650: Apr 23, 2019 09:51:51 am
      Having watched last night's game I'd say Burnley have just as good a chance as United of taking points off City.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #2651: Apr 23, 2019 10:14:06 am
      Having watched last night's game I'd say Burnley have just as good a chance as United of taking points off City.

Exactly mate, and they do take pride in taking big scalps...
      Scottbot

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #2652: Apr 23, 2019 11:03:02 am
      Chelsea only getting a draw yesterday along with Arsenal's loss were both decent results for us in terms of the manc derby tomorrow night. Massive game and most likely the title decider. I initially thought the Leicester might be a tough one for City but thought it was being played at their place rather than the Etihad. So tomorrow really is the big one.

What a bizarre situation when Reds want the mancs to win a game more than their own fans! Revel in it though, don't miss an opportunity to shame the bas**rds.

It has been a hell of a season. We just have to bring one of these trophies home, obviously the League is the one we want but i'd take either and of course we could still win both!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2653: Apr 23, 2019 11:08:35 am
      Not holding out much hope of the mancs doing us a favor, as they're pretty sh1t just now, but u never know.

As noted above, Burnley have a good shout at nicking a point v city though.

So long as we keep winning, thats all we can do.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2654: Apr 23, 2019 11:45:07 am
      Not holding out much hope of the mancs doing us a favor, as they're pretty sh1t just now, but u never know.

If we see the Manure intensity and performance of the initial Ole bounce then they can definitely get a result. Remember that even if some of the players want a transfer away then this is a great shop window for them, I cannot imagine it will be another lacklustre display.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,474 posts | 1474 
      Reply #2655: Apr 23, 2019 11:46:31 am

Utd turn city over then Burnley do the same ,jobs a good un.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2656: Apr 23, 2019 11:47:56 am

I can see that happening as well, 2 draws or a draw and a loss. Normally Citeh drop points in clusters.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2657: Apr 23, 2019 02:04:15 pm
      I can see that happening as well, 2 draws or a draw and a loss. Normally Citeh drop points in clusters.

Trouble is, City have previously been on an 18 game winning run without dropping a point before, they are currently on 10 I believe. It’s going to take an incredible amount of luck to stop them winning all of their remaining games.
      That muppet Foden scoring winners now is reminding me of United having their bacon saved by Macheda 10 years ago.
      Scottbot

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #2658: Apr 23, 2019 02:27:22 pm
      Cracks me up seeing the mancs squabbling over whether they want City to win the derby tomorrow night. Seems the vast majority cannot stomach the thought of an LFC title victory regardless of what it might mean for their own club.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/do-we-want-to-lose-to-city.446659/page-25

skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #2659: Apr 23, 2019 02:42:23 pm
      As a straw-clutching exercise, in a bid to give us a glimmer of hope before tomorrow's match between City & Utd, here's Utd's home PL record since losing to Spurs on 27th August 2018: -

DWWDDWWWWDDWWW

The last time they failed to win at home in the Prem was against us & they're 14 unbeaten at OT in 7 months.

So I think we can start again to BELIEVE that they're gonna do us a favour!

I'm gonna say it!!

COME ON UTD!!! (feel nauseous now!)

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #2660: Apr 23, 2019 02:50:08 pm
      Trying to picture myself (or my state) on Sunday evening if City lose at OT and draw against Burnley!

God, if you can listen, please.. BE A GOD!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2661: Apr 23, 2019 03:01:28 pm
      Trouble is, City have previously been on an 18 game winning run without dropping a point before, they are currently on 10 I believe. It’s going to take an incredible amount of luck to stop them winning all of their remaining games.
      That muppet Foden scoring winners now is reminding me of United having their bacon saved by Macheda 10 years ago.

Did you watch the Spurs match on Saturday?? Citeh had an incredible amount of luck not to draw or lose that one, and that was a match they were apparently really pumped up for. I honestly think there is more chance of Citeh dropping point than us, their fixtures are far more tricky.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2662: Apr 23, 2019 03:13:55 pm
      Did you watch the Spurs match on Saturday?? Citeh had an incredible amount of luck not to draw or lose that one, and that was a match they were apparently really pumped up for. I honestly think there is more chance of Citeh dropping point than us, their fixtures are far more tricky.

So? Have you seen some of our performances this season where we've had a big stroke of luck to get the win? Just look at when we played Spurs a couple of weeks ago, they completely outplayed us for a lot of the game and we won because of a last minute own goal.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #2663: Apr 23, 2019 03:18:55 pm
      Just look at when we played Spurs a couple of weeks ago, they completely outplayed us for a lot of the game and we won because of a last minute own goal.

The own goal was a product of pressure put on the Spurs defence..without Salah’s attempt at goal the error would not have occurred..that’s not luck, that’s having an attitude of never giving up..
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2664: Apr 23, 2019 03:21:00 pm
      If we see the Manure intensity and performance of the initial Ole bounce then they can definitely get a result. Remember that even if some of the players want a transfer away then this is a great shop window for them, I cannot imagine it will be another lacklustre display.

Everton result could work in our favour I suppose, they need the points now, and are hurting after losing badly to an average team. ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2665: Apr 23, 2019 03:21:35 pm

That would be nice.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2666: Apr 23, 2019 03:23:12 pm
      The own goal was a product of pressure put on the Spurs defence..without Salah’s attempt at goal the error would not have occurred..that’s not luck, that’s having an attitude of never giving up..

No, it was a massive amount of luck because despite however much we keep going and don't give up, that was a monumental balls up by Lloris.
      Scottbot

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #2667: Apr 23, 2019 04:58:59 pm
      No, it was a massive amount of luck because despite however much we keep going and don't give up, that was a monumental balls up by Lloris.

Aye it was lucky as fook! But we’ll take it! City had a bit of luck at the weekend with the penno call but I didn’t really think it was a pen myself tbh.

As for tomorrow night we will need United to play very very well and also to ride their luck if they are to get anything. Hopefully city don’t get their customary early goal and the mancs can find a bit of the confidence they had before they made Ole’s appointment permanent.

Quick Reply