Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

We are top of the league!

Read 422839 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #2668: Apr 23, 2019 05:01:46 pm
      Aye it was lucky as fook! But we’ll take it! City had a bit of luck at the weekend with the penno call but I didn’t really think it was a pen myself tbh.

As for tomorrow night we will need United to play very very well and also to ride their luck if they are to get anything. Hopefully city don’t get their customary early goal and the mancs can find a bit of the confidence they had before they made Ole’s appointment permanent.

I haven't seen any of the City game at the weekend so can't really comment.

Just a draw, that's all I'm asking for that game tomorrow. Aguero loves a goal against United unfortunately.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #2669: Apr 23, 2019 05:23:38 pm
      Cracks me up seeing the mancs squabbling over whether they want City to win the derby tomorrow night. Seems the vast majority cannot stomach the thought of an LFC title victory regardless of what it might mean for their own club.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/do-we-want-to-lose-to-city.446659/page-25

That is just so pathetic. I have seen a fair deal of stupid and petty stuff said on this very forum, but that whole thread is a complete other level of deplorable. Some of them are so far gone they're trying to rationalize getting out of european football as a positive thing.

I don't think the players will think like them, though.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #2670: Apr 23, 2019 05:57:42 pm
      To think we would be Champions easily, already, if it wasn't for those rich Cu*ts! Typical!

Chelsea 1 - 1 Liverpool
      Liverpool 0 - 0 Manchester City
      Arsenal 1 - 1 Liverpool
      Manchester City 2 - 1 Liverpool
      Liverpool 1 - 1 Leicester City
      West Ham United 1 - 1 Liverpool

Manchester United 0 - 0 Liverpool
      Everton 0 - 0 Liverpool
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2671: Apr 23, 2019 06:01:26 pm
      That is just so pathetic. I have seen a fair deal of stupid and petty stuff said on this very forum, but that whole thread is a complete other level of deplorable. Some of them are so far gone they're trying to rationalize getting out of european football as a positive thing.

I don't think the players will think like them, though.

I couldn't do it. Even if we were certain to finish mid table, nothing at all to play for, I just couldn't want us to actually lose a game to stop United winning the league. It's a sh*t enough season as it is if you are that far behind anyway, is your biggest rival winning the league actually going to make it much worse? Every time it becomes clear we aren't going to challenge at the top, I completely blank the top couple of places out, I don't give a damn who is there and pay no attention to it at all, essentially pretend it doesn't exist and focus purely on us, if the highest we can finish is 5th then as far as I'm concerned, until the end of the season that is the top of the league. Worry about the state of your own team, the more you start wanting a rival to beat you just so it stops another rival is where you really need to take a good look at yourself, it really shows just how sh*t the fan base is and how far they have fallen. You wouldn't think they were once deemed the biggest team in the world, now they are becoming a laughing stock and hoping their own team gets beat as if they actually have a say in the matter. Whether they want it or not, chances are they are going to get torn to pieces by City. Sooner or later they will fail to sign players based on financial reasons to make up for not competing or being in the CL, yet they don't seem to realise this. Carry on the way they are going and they can forget about signing the likes of Pogba, Lukaku or whoever else because they will start to fall into the Poulsen and Balotelli area.

Chelsea 1 - 1 Liverpool
      Arsenal 1 - 1 Liverpool

Everton 0 - 0 Liverpool

Love these waste of time posts and how some people do a post like this as if they think if we had won the games we failed to then we'd have won it by now or whatever. You can highlight games in bold all you like but if we had won them games, for all we know we could have gone on and lost 3 or 4 since then and been needing City to lose multiple games. Completely irrelevant what happened in past games, changes nothing dwelling on them.
      « Last Edit: Apr 23, 2019 06:06:25 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #2672: Apr 23, 2019 06:04:31 pm
      Chelsea 1 - 1 Liverpool
      Arsenal 1 - 1 Liverpool

Everton 0 - 0 Liverpool

I wish I could downvote you.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2673: Apr 23, 2019 06:04:39 pm
      Chelsea 1 - 1 Liverpool
      Arsenal 1 - 1 Liverpool

Everton 0 - 0 Liverpool

What's this meant to mean?
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #2674: Apr 23, 2019 06:06:53 pm
      Chelsea only getting a draw yesterday along with Arsenal's loss were both decent results for us in terms of the manc derby tomorrow night. Massive game and most likely the title decider. I initially thought the Leicester might be a tough one for City but thought it was being played at their place rather than the Etihad. So tomorrow really is the big one.

What a bizarre situation when Reds want the mancs to win a game more than their own fans! Revel in it though, don't miss an opportunity to shame the bas**rds.

It has been a hell of a season. We just have to bring one of these trophies home, obviously the League is the one we want but i'd take either and of course we could still win both!

every one talking about manure and Leicester but you know what city go to Brighton last game of the season specially if Cardiff still has a chance of staying up, think it between the 2 for the last reaming spot to go down
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2675: Apr 23, 2019 06:22:03 pm
      Chelsea 1 - 1 Liverpool
      Arsenal 1 - 1 Liverpool

Everton 0 - 0 Liverpool

oh ffs, not another one.
      This sh*t is the Ebola of the forum - not that it's contagious, but it makes my F***ing eyes bleed.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #2676: Apr 23, 2019 07:32:26 pm
      Chelsea 1 - 1 Liverpool
      Arsenal 1 - 1 Liverpool

Everton 0 - 0 Liverpool

Yeah, and by the same token, City could have drawn or won the four they lost as well. Total nonsense  this attempt to belittle our achievements this season, even before the seasons over  FFS.
      And heres another for you, if my auntie had bollocks, she'd be my uncle  :confused-smiley-013:
      Kopite78
      Reply #2677: Apr 23, 2019 07:48:55 pm
      oh ffs, not another one.
      This sh*t is the Ebola of the forum - not that it's contagious, but it makes my f**king eyes bleed.

I think these thick fucks expect us to win literally every game
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #2678: Apr 23, 2019 08:14:43 pm

You beat me to it. Even if we won every game, I bet some clown would be on here complaining about something.
      I really do not understand why people can't just be happy with what we have done this season, and it's not over yet.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2679: Apr 23, 2019 09:06:56 pm

You beat me to it. Even if we won every game, I bet some clown would be on here complaining about something.
      I really do not understand why people can't just be happy with what we have done this season, and it's not over yet.

Having observed these nerks for a while now, it's obvious to me that they co-ordinate their efforts, and for some reason get off on pissing on everyone else's chips.

It's F***ing tedious, but they're not going to spoil a thing for the real reds here.
      Whether we win or not, this season has been a magnificent achievement, and even more so when you consider what we've been up against.

I'm honestly so F***ing chuffed and proud of Klopp and the team, and everyone who has helped us, and you know what?
      We're only going to get better.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2680: Apr 23, 2019 09:13:27 pm

Thing is, if we win the last few games, we’d have only been 8 games away from achieving that which is fantastic. If we end up with 97 points and don’t win the league still, if anyone is thinking “oh we should have kept Clyne” or whatever other nonsense like that, they can quite frankly do one! We’ve gone from 20+ points behind last seasons winners to potentially 97 points, I don’t know how anyone can be critical of that, it’s boss and just imagine how much further we could go next season if we take another step forward.
      Just can’t please some people, could win 38 out of 38 and some people would still find something to try and pick at...not enough clean sheets or some rubbish like that.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2681: Apr 23, 2019 09:21:11 pm
      Utd turn city over then Burnley do the same ,jobs a good un.
      Well we can dream
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2682: Apr 23, 2019 09:31:56 pm
      Could do with Spuds grabbing a late winner vs Brighton
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2683: Apr 23, 2019 09:38:05 pm
      Ask and thou shall receive!

If it keeps Brighton in the relegation mix it's a good thing.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #2684: Apr 23, 2019 09:42:11 pm
      oh ffs, not another one.
      This sh*t is the Ebola of the forum - not that it's contagious, but it makes my f**king eyes bleed.

Yep let's get the petition up for 2 points for a win, we'd be top regardless of tomorrow's game
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2685: Apr 24, 2019 12:27:32 pm
      We say united at home v psg and barca even Watford and West ham. United struggled to create any chances and had hardly any ball or chances. I think tonight united will try hit on break but won't have much procession. They cannot be as bad as Sunday they have a point to prove but imagine old Trafford like a morgue tonight as there fans will saying it be city there supporting. I think this is last chance saloon for united. There so low in confidence I can see city winning 2-1. I hope united can produce something that we haven't seen for months and City are under par and somehow they can get a result. Stranger things have happened. If there attitude is right you never no now matter how fans feel.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #2686: Apr 24, 2019 01:24:10 pm
      We say united at home v psg and barca even Watford and West ham. United struggled to create any chances and had hardly any ball or chances. I think tonight united will try hit on break but won't have much procession. They cannot be as bad as Sunday they have a point to prove but imagine old Trafford like a morgue tonight as there fans will saying it be city there supporting. I think this is last chance saloon for united. There so low in confidence I can see city winning 2-1. I hope united can produce something that we haven't seen for months and City are under par and somehow they can get a result. Stranger things have happened. If there attitude is right you never no now matter how fans feel.

Personally I think Olly will be a bit restless regarding his tenure at utd already.
      He would have given most of that lot a real f**king rocket.
      I can only think they will go out there tonight with attitude and a bit of fight. They’ll pack the midfield and look to catch city on the break. Whatever you say about Rashford, on his day he’s a good finisher and will be fighting for his place at the club at least ! Along with s few others I think. City on the other hand, if you can avoid concedeing an early goal, they’ll get nervous and agitated. That’s when the legs get heavy!
      You start to misplace passes, run early and get offside, start snatching at chances etc etc.
      We’ve mostly all been there, somewhat at a lower level, but it’s human nature.
      That’s why I think Utd will get a draw. And that’s all we need 😊
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #2687: Apr 24, 2019 01:50:28 pm
      United have quite a poor record against City at Old Trafford in recent years, I believe. They’ve received a few poundings there, I remember the 6-1 defeat when Fergie was still in charge.

In other words, they’re due a win.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #2688: Apr 24, 2019 02:24:51 pm
      Gonna feel like a dirty slut tonight wanting them to win... 😩
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2689: Apr 24, 2019 02:33:58 pm
      United have quite a poor record against City at Old Trafford in recent years, I believe. They’ve received a few poundings there, I remember the 6-1 defeat when Fergie was still in charge.

In other words, they’re due a win.

Going by Ole's ridiculous remarks about City.."snapping at your ankles and heels and kick you"...is he making a crass attempt to wind Pep up or more likely is he just a poor judge of a football team. Whatever sleight you want to throw at City you can't deny that they are a footballing side.

Still all the same a draw looks most likely.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2690: Apr 24, 2019 02:41:10 pm
      So? Have you seen some of our performances this season where we've had a big stroke of luck to get the win? Just look at when we played Spurs a couple of weeks ago, they completely outplayed us for a lot of the game and we won because of a last minute own goal.

??? at what point were Spurs outplaying us? I really can't recall that.

What I do see is that Citeh are huffing and puffing and stuttering through games at the moment whilst we are playing better and better. That leads me to the conclusion that Citeh are far more likely than us to drop points over the next 4 games. Brighton could be a banana skin for them as Spurs nearly found out yesterday and Burnley are certainly tricky, just ask the chavs. As for Leicester they are more than capable of getting a result away from home and then we have Man Utd, fighting for top 4 and their own pride.

Quick Reply