Trending Topics

Next match: Napoli v LFC [Champions League] Tue 17th Sep @ 8:00 pm
      San Paolo Stadium

Today is the 16th of September and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W13 D9 L10

We are top of the league!

Read 139504 times
      Cad1875 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
      brezipool
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,060 posts | 259 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #2750: May 01, 2019 09:28:05 am
      I think we have more difficult fixtures left. We play at nou camp weds night so only two days off and we have to travel to Newcastle. I don't no why wasn't left to Sunday and anfield barca return weds. 3 matches now in 6 days. Then wolves who are flying and have Europe on there mind and have beat all the big sides. They will be a danger. Burnley Brighton and Leicester I think is easier fixtures for city. There hardest is today if come through that I can't see any problem. Pep has them fired up even using phycology oh if we drop two points title race is over. I think he has them so hyped up they won't lose focus. If giving choice of PL or champions league I'd always prefer champions league it's the much bigger comp. I think  if we get over  barca we win it as ajax or spurs will be too inexperienced in the final. In meantime praying for somehow Burnley can do something today. Heartbreaking in extreme to think we could have near 100 points and only one loss and not win the league. So proud of boys but so deserve silverware. Please burnley do us a favour.

Travel to Newcastle ?  its like 3hrs on a bus. ;D.

And its a saturday evening, we love an evening KO. Newcastle are safe, and have a few injuries to top players, so rafa will rotate.

Also wolves is a great last fixture, they are a footi team, who are safe, who will not park the bus, should be a great open game, which will suit us.

City have a resurgent leicester to play, then a tricky away trip to Brighton, who might still need a point or a win to stay up.

But I do expect City to win both, as most do, but you never know what can happen. Christ we could both lose a game, or draw. WTFK. ;D
      « Last Edit: May 01, 2019 09:55:22 am by brezipool »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,906 posts | 3826 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2751: May 01, 2019 09:57:12 am
      We play at nou camp weds night so only two days off and we have to travel to Newcastle. I don't no why wasn't left to Sunday and anfield barca return weds. 3 matches now in 6 days

Yeah it’s such a long way from Liverpool to Newcastle... Christ give your head a wobble lad. If you are moaning about having 3 games in 6 days at this stage of the season then go support a team like Newcastle because like it or not, if you want to be competing for the major honours then this what you have to do. We’ve had a bigger gap between games than Spurs so be grateful. We’ve proved over the Xmas period we are more than capable of doing well in a number of games in a small time frame.
      You don’t see City bitching and moaning about when they had so many games, they got on with it and would give their bollocks to have the games we have over the next week.

ozi_wozzy
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,465 posts | 254 
      Reply #2752: May 03, 2019 02:36:19 pm
      https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48120368

Sometimes painful but nostalgic trip down memory lane. I think Barnes is spot on though, this team is different...
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2753: May 03, 2019 05:50:51 pm
      Travel to Newcastle ?  its like 3hrs on a bus. ;D.

And its a saturday evening, we love an evening KO. Newcastle are safe, and have a few injuries to top players, so rafa will rotate.

Also wolves is a great last fixture, they are a footi team, who are safe, who will not park the bus, should be a great open game, which will suit us.

City have a resurgent leicester to play, then a tricky away trip to Brighton, who might still need a point or a win to stay up.

But I do expect City to win both, as most do, but you never know what can happen. Christ we could both lose a game, or draw. WTFK. ;D
      First newcastle will play there strongest team. They want to finish as high as possible. Did you hear that c**t Goldstein on sprts bar last night. He said arsenal should rett players v brighton on Saturday so Brighton get a result. Anyway hopefully lads are ready to put the pressure back on tomorrow night. Hopefully a big lfc supportat newcastle
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,578 posts | 500 
      Reply #2754: May 03, 2019 10:51:35 pm
      Quote from barney73
      Did you hear that c**t Goldstein on sprts bar last night. He said arsenal should rett players v brighton on Saturday so Brighton get a result.

Funny how you seem fascinated by what Arsenal fans say, Spurs fans say, Chelsea fans say, City fans say, mancs etc say about Liverpool on the internet.

Funny how you seem less fascinated by  what Liverpool fans say on the internet about Liverpool.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,491 posts | 171 
      Reply #2755: May 04, 2019 02:18:33 pm
      It will be so ironic if Brendan delivers us the league.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2756: May 04, 2019 02:28:39 pm
      Funny how you seem fascinated by what Arsenal fans say, Spurs fans say, Chelsea fans say, City fans say, mancs etc say about Liverpool on the internet.

Funny how you seem less fascinated by  what Liverpool fans say on the internet about Liverpool.
      And what
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,738 posts | 1297 
      Reply #2757: May 04, 2019 04:40:30 pm
      Liverpool win
      Brighton loss
      Cardiff win
      Cardiff win

Oh and a City loss while we’re at please....
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,755 posts | 1242 
      Reply #2758: May 04, 2019 04:48:08 pm
      Going to be a tough match this after Wednesday's disapointment. Quick turnaround but this weekend represents our last hope really. Get the win and then put the last bit of pressure on City. Leicester with a bit to play for with them looking at Europa League qualification.
      verde-rubro
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 769 posts | 48 
      Reply #2759: May 04, 2019 07:29:06 pm
      well Cardiff are down Brighton are safe only Leicester now   :f_doh:
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,575 posts | 207 
      Reply #2760: May 04, 2019 10:14:49 pm
      That Vardy better be overdosed on his Red Bulls Monday...
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,695 posts | 2382 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2761: May 04, 2019 10:58:59 pm
       :couch:
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,982 posts | 401 
      Reply #2762: May 04, 2019 11:01:08 pm
      If Leicester put in the same effort as Rafa's Newcastle we can't complain. I think Rodgers will make sure his team are up for it...he owes us...we made his managerial career did we not.
      verde-rubro
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 769 posts | 48 
      Reply #2763: May 04, 2019 11:10:08 pm
      i have decided not going to watch monday night, i will just check my phone for the result.
      i have watched them in the last couple of games and the fvkers goes on to get the wins
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,753 posts | 5101 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2764: May 04, 2019 11:13:36 pm
      If Leicester put in the same effort as Rafa's Newcastle we can't complain. I think Rodgers will make sure his team are up for it...he owes us...we made his managerial career did we not.

'He owes us'

Yeah cos that sort of attitude's really going to rally Brendan for our cause.

F***ing hell.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,339 posts | 568 
      Reply #2765: May 04, 2019 11:14:34 pm
      to be honest I'm not feeling optimistic, city will run riot.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,982 posts | 401 
      Reply #2766: May 04, 2019 11:15:54 pm
      'He owes us'

Yeah cos that sort of attitude's really going to rally Brendan for our cause.

F***ing hell.

...take the rest of the night off...the stress is getting to you..
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2767: May 04, 2019 11:39:57 pm
      Frig sake Bobby our for rest of season klopp says. Wolves are flying. That will be tough. I hope Mo OK and can play Tues. I don't think we have any chance turning this euro tie around. Think if our three strikers were fit we would had a better first leg result and would went through. Just hope if Mo not fit Tues he ready for wolves who have a game to guarantee European football so without both it be tough. Origi and studge don't offer same mobility
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,649 posts | 3062 
      Reply #2768: May 04, 2019 11:57:57 pm
      With our current injury list it Looks like our season hinges on Rodgers doing us a favour  :lmao:
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,223 posts | 2002 
      Reply #2769: May 05, 2019 12:01:31 am
      Frig sake Bobby our for rest of season klopp says. Wolves are flying. That will be tough. I hope Mo OK and can play Tues. I don't think we have any chance turning this euro tie around. Think if our three strikers were fit we would had a better first leg result and would went through. Just hope if Mo not fit Tues he ready for wolves who have a game to guarantee European football so without both it be tough. Origi and studge don't offer same mobility

Wolves flying?? Ah you must be referring to the stunning 1-0 win against Fulham at home!
      Wolves at home is a hell of a lot easier than Newcastle away.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2770: May 05, 2019 12:15:16 am
      Wolves flying?? Ah you must be referring to the stunning 1-0 win against Fulham at home!
      Wolves at home is a hell of a lot easier than Newcastle away.
      Not when firmino is out and maybe Mo as well. Origi and sturridge offer little mobility.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2771: May 05, 2019 12:18:43 am
      Our season hinges on brendy now. If leicester truly believe and ref does his job they can get a result and not be influenced by 50thousand city fans. When they get desperate there like barca and Madrid will use the dark arts to win. There Defenders are never out of the referees ear. Leicester have good players believe guys.
      Roddenberry
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,042 posts | 1613 
      Reply #2772: May 05, 2019 12:51:27 am
      Go Mrs Vardy
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,982 posts | 401 
      Reply #2773: May 05, 2019 01:08:35 am

All this " nobody wants Liverpool to win the league" is crap.We have more supporters in the UK than any other team. LFC London branch has thousands of members. Most other fans don't care that much but I'd be surprised if City are more popular UK wide than us.
      andylfcynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,588 posts | 836 
      Reply #2774: May 05, 2019 01:21:52 am
      We have taken it to the last day any Liverpool fan goin int August would have snatched yet ferkin hand off come on win or lose we have had one hell of a season

Quick Reply