Trending Topics

Next match: Genk v LFC [Champions League] Wed 23rd Oct @ 8:00 pm
      Luminus Arena

Today is the 20th of October and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W8 D8 L9

We are top of the league!

Read 148839 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,746 posts | 2422 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #3000: Oct 08, 2019 11:26:56 am
      Imagine being 8 points clear at the top of the league and winning the Super Cup when the best keeper in the world has been out injured for that run.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,097 posts | 184 
      Reply #3001: Oct 08, 2019 11:34:14 am
      Great if the title "We are top of the league" was still the case after 38 games. We will all be celebrating !
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 822 posts | 78 
      Reply #3002: Oct 08, 2019 11:36:39 am

To add to their dread last season's Prem winners were on the same points tally at this point in the season and proved uncatchable.

[/quote]

?
      This time last year Citeh were top with 20 points from Chelski and us only on GD

ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,081 posts | 466 
      Reply #3003: Oct 08, 2019 01:48:04 pm
      Imagine being 8 points clear at the top of the league and winning the Super Cup when the best keeper in the world has been out injured for that run.

Wow... Don't mess with this team. They have better players coming in.
      king kenny
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 173 
      Reply #3004: Oct 08, 2019 02:15:26 pm

You only get a chance to compete in the Club World Cup if you win the Champions League, I don't care what anyone says it is prestigious and its basically one full game plus one half and half with squad players. The game we would have been playing domestically has been moved so what exactly is the issue, the lads will be flying there and back in a private jet so not exactly arduous is it?

It is the pile up fixture after that and they are Premier league games its squad management and prioritising!   We still have a way to go for this.  Lets see where we are.   The area of immediate concern are the full backs and forwards.   

Listen man you don't win prestigious trophies playing 1 and half game.  In my eyes it got tainted when utd won it without winning the Champions League.   Listen am with you I want to win the trophy too.  But  want the league a millions times more.   
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,421 posts | 2052 
      Reply #3005: Oct 08, 2019 04:10:40 pm
      It is the pile up fixture after that and they are Premier league games its squad management and prioritising!   We still have a way to go for this.  Lets see where we are.   The area of immediate concern are the full backs and forwards.   

Listen man you don't win prestigious trophies playing 1 and half game.  In my eyes it got tainted when utd won it without winning the Champions League.   Listen am with you I want to win the trophy too.  But  want the league a millions times more.   

Oh yes obviously given the choice I'd rather we win the league but I think we should be able to hoover up this club world cup pretty easily and perhaps a break from the pressure of December might do the lads some good, plus a few days of warm weather training ;-)
      brezipool
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,124 posts | 271 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #3006: Oct 08, 2019 04:29:56 pm
      The world club comp, is going to be a welcome distraction, and a mini holiday\training camp for the squad.

Make no mistake the players and managers and all of us want to in it, but no risks will be taken, klopp will fully utilize his squad.

Really need guys like Lovren, lallana, brewster, Origi and the ox, to stay fit & Naby, shaqiri, to get fit and firing for the december fixture pileup.
      king kenny
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 173 
      Reply #3007: Oct 08, 2019 04:57:03 pm
      The world club comp, is going to be a welcome distraction, and a mini holiday\training camp for the squad.

Make no mistake the players and managers and all of us want to in it, but no risks will be taken, klopp will fully utilize his squad.

Really need guys like Lovren, lallana, brewster, Origi and the ox, to stay fit & Naby, shaqiri, to get fit and firing for the december fixture pileup.

There is 2 months to go which is a very long time in the grand scheme of things.   But agree in the 1st game especially we will utilize the squad.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 2056 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #3008: Oct 08, 2019 06:36:23 pm
      Minimum of 28 wins left for us to be on this thread next May and June.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,058 posts | 1283 
      Reply #3009: Oct 08, 2019 08:26:05 pm
      If we can stay injury free then f**k me we have a chance!

I hate the international break, hopefully everyone comes back safely and injury free.
      « Last Edit: Oct 08, 2019 08:42:57 pm by fields of anny rd »
      Cad1875
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 518 posts | 34 
      Reply #3010: Oct 08, 2019 09:06:47 pm
      You only get a chance to compete in the Club World Cup if you win the Champions League, I don't care what anyone says it is prestigious and its basically one full game plus one half and half with squad players. The game we would have been playing domestically has been moved so what exactly is the issue, the lads will be flying there and back in a private jet so not exactly arduous is it?

Im sure the entire point in having a  trophy room is to fill it, no
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,406 posts | 522 
      Reply #3011: Oct 08, 2019 11:51:47 pm
      12 Days before we play utd to extend our winning run to 18. They will be trying extra hard to stop us achieving that at all levels in their club.
      So what is the chance they off load Ole this week, to get a new manager in and try and create that ‘new manager bounce’ from the players.
      I think that is the only chance they have of competing with us with any threat of a draw, let alone a win !
      Could it happen in 12 Days, or will they stick with him for now, and hope for the best ?
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 189 
      Reply #3012: Oct 09, 2019 12:17:46 am
      If we can stay injury free then f**k me we have a chance!

I hate the international break, hopefully everyone comes back safely and injury free.

One good point is that the England game will give Joe Gomez more match time which he seems to need at the moment.
      skamp
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 523 posts | 158 
      Reply #3013: Oct 09, 2019 09:54:59 am
      Minimum of 28 wins left for us to be on this thread next May and June.
      Shouldn't that be maximum?
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,421 posts | 2052 
      Reply #3014: Oct 09, 2019 10:29:42 am
      One good point is that the England game will give Joe Gomez more match time which he seems to need at the moment.

Lets be generous, from this point until the end of the season I'm happy for Citeh to win 2 more and draw 1 more than us ;-)
      « Last Edit: Oct 09, 2019 03:15:36 pm by heimdall »
      brezipool
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,124 posts | 271 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #3015: Oct 09, 2019 10:43:25 am
      There is 2 months to go which is a very long time in the grand scheme of things.   But agree in the 1st game especially we will utilize the squad.

this is true, still a wee bit off, plenty games to go between then tho, league, champs league, league cup.
      Benladdie3000
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #3016: Oct 09, 2019 10:23:13 pm
      Would love a domestic treble. Infact I'd take that instead of number 7
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,881 posts | 2438 
      Reply #3017: Oct 10, 2019 04:00:08 pm
      I'm not usually superstitious, but I don't post in this thread because I don't want to jinx us  :laugh:
      Benladdie3000
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #3018: Oct 10, 2019 06:06:19 pm
      I think we will smash united and draw with spurs and then city. I'd take that tbf.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,406 posts | 522 
      Reply #3019: Oct 10, 2019 07:44:44 pm
      I think we will smash united and draw with spurs and then city. I'd take that tbf.

I feel we are gonna win every Prem game !
      It’s jus weird how he just seem to find a way. If not by a creation of our own, a cock up by the opposition.
      I think the footballing gods are smiling down on us at the mo.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,784 posts | 3370 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3020: Oct 11, 2019 12:17:55 am

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

As someone else said, yep...we do ...James is going to bring over a pint of Ribena!!!   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      ConzS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,513 posts | 452 
      Reply #3021: Oct 11, 2019 09:01:18 am
      Think we’d need to play pretty poorly against Spurs for a draw given their current form. Win, win, draw for me.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,058 posts | 1283 
      Reply #3022: Oct 11, 2019 09:07:18 am
      If we can win against them at Anfield that will be huge. If they do us home and away them the gap is so small. If we can split points with them 3 each or 2 each then that makes their task very difficult IMO.

Last season though we were fortunate to come away with a home point.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,421 posts | 2052 
      Reply #3023: Oct 11, 2019 09:12:12 am
      I think we are more than capable of winning all 3 games, Utd, Spurs and Citeh but I wouldn't put money on it. Especially Citeh are dangerous, if they go into supercharge mode, which they normally do against us, then it will be very hard to beat them, then again if we go into supercharge mode watch out Pep!
      skamp
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 523 posts | 158 
      Reply #3024: Oct 11, 2019 01:36:27 pm
      I'm not usually superstitious, but I don't post in this thread because I don't want to jinx us  :laugh:
      So if we don't beat Utd, we know who's jinxed us  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Quick Reply