Trending Topics

Next match: Palace v LFC [Premier League] Sat 23rd Nov @ 3:00 pm
      Selhurst Park

Today is the 13th of November and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W10 D1 L7

We are top of the league!

Read 162952 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,402 posts | 2006 
      • From Doubters to Believers
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #3025: Oct 11, 2019 03:21:30 pm
      I think we are more than capable of winning all 3 games, Utd, Spurs and Citeh but I wouldn't put money on it. Especially Citeh are dangerous, if they go into supercharge mode, which they normally do against us, then it will be very hard to beat them, then again if we go into supercharge mode watch out Pep!

Agree  mate,
      For the most part when we have faced City we have more than held our own, I would go as far and say we have been  the better side,  last season we cancelled each other out at Anfield in a disappointing way, I thought Klopp erred on the side of caution that day instead of going for their throats,
      At the Emptihad, Kompany should have seen red, goal line technology robbed us of a goal,  Stones cleared one off the line & Salah hit the beans,

We didn't know it then but that 1-0 City win cost us the title,

There have other times where we have been the better side in particular the CL clash of the previous season as well as the league encounter's, including the 5-0 When Sadio seen red for his high boot,  We were up to that point dominating that game too,

As for this season's little get together I honestly can't see us losing either game, We have their measure, and i think Pep knows this too, with the gap we have already their going to have to come out and play, which will suit us very nicely,

Can't wait for that match, it could put the final nail In their coffin for this season.

YNWA

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,225 posts | 321 
      Reply #3026: Oct 11, 2019 04:03:34 pm
      Utd game worries me more than others for some reason
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,402 posts | 2006 
      • From Doubters to Believers
      Reply #3027: Oct 11, 2019 05:35:01 pm

Can't see why you would be more worried about that sh*te more than any other Rossy,

If we don't go there with the confidence we have shown in our ope ing 8 out of 8 winning matches then I fail to see how we could win a raffle never mind a league title,

Munts are not the Munts of old, They don't hold the same fear they once did a few years back,  now don't get me wrong they can still play but i think they will dread facing us, We are the ones with the fear factor, we've been on the rise while they have slumped to a worse state arguably since old bacon face took the wheel in 1986,

Fear ye not me old mucker, it is my belief that the Munts of Muntchester town are positively F**kin bricking it knowing they could be on a bit of a hiding.

YNWA
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,225 posts | 321 
      Reply #3028: Oct 11, 2019 07:33:18 pm

Can't see why you would be more worried about that sh*te more than any other Rossy,

If we don't go there with the confidence we have shown in our ope ing 8 out of 8 winning matches then I fail to see how we could win a raffle never mind a league title,

Munts are not the Munts of old, They don't hold the same fear they once did a few years back,  now don't get me wrong they can still play but i think they will dread facing us, We are the ones with the fear factor, we've been on the rise while they have slumped to a worse state arguably since old bacon face took the wheel in 1986,

Fear ye not me old mucker, it is my belief that the Munts of Muntchester town are positively F**kin bricking it knowing they could be on a bit of a hiding.

YNWA

Know what your saying Billy but it's just because its THEM and just cant stand losing to them that drives fear into me every time we play them. They will have all their players back and I know we ARE better but as someone once said it's a fully old game
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,264 posts | 955 
      Reply #3029: Oct 11, 2019 09:27:23 pm
      Know what your saying Billy but it's just because its THEM and just cant stand losing to them that drives fear into me every time we play them. They will have all their players back and I know we ARE better but as someone once said it's a fully old game

We could send both Ole and Poch to the gallows with win over their teams.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,225 posts | 321 
      Reply #3030: Oct 11, 2019 09:29:12 pm
      We could send both Ole and Poch to the gallows with win over their teams.

Be better leaving them where they are both doing sterling jobs  :lmao:
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 383 posts | 55 
      Reply #3031: Oct 12, 2019 04:30:57 am
      The thing that's giving me confidence is we are 8 pts clear and all this has been done without Alisson.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,043 posts | 2105 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #3032: Oct 12, 2019 06:31:01 am

No because 30 games are left.
      Cad1875
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 523 posts | 35 
      Reply #3033: Oct 12, 2019 07:44:10 am
      If you look at the next 5 games ,we are  8 points clear, the Mancs away which can be problematic, but at this moment in time they aint exactly buzzin 3 points ,Spurs and Arsenal at home who can be difficult but have proven when the tough get going they dont 6 points  ,Villa away theyre getting better but I reckon we got way  to much for them 3 points, and lastly City have a feeling VAR or a huge call is gonna sort this out, Sadio in the last few games has been at the centre of controversy  sent off for the bump into the keeper the ball that came within mm`s  of crossing the line,plus they know if we go 11 clear its a tall order to catch us ,a draw would be a bad result especially it being at home  take all 3,its what champions do. ;)

ConzS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,544 posts | 463 
      Reply #3034: Oct 12, 2019 08:59:31 am
      If you look at the next 5 games ,we are  8 points clear, the Mancs away which can be problematic, but at this moment in time they aint exactly buzzin 3 points ,Spurs and Arsenal at home who can be difficult but have proven when the tough get going they dont 6 points  ,Villa away theyre getting better but I reckon we got way  to much for them 3 points, and lastly City have a feeling VAR or a huge call is gonna sort this out, Sadio in the last few games has been at the centre of controversy  sent off for the bump into the keeper the ball that came within mm`s  of crossing the line,plus they know if we go 11 clear its a tall order to catch us ,a draw would be a bad result especially it being at home  take all 3,its what champions do. ;)
      We getting 3 points for a cup win against Arsenal?
      Cad1875
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 523 posts | 35 
      Reply #3035: Oct 12, 2019 09:16:27 am
      We getting 3 points for a cup win against Arsenal?

Got my fixtures mixed up glad your keeping me right mate silly auld duffer,feel better for it
      « Last Edit: Oct 12, 2019 03:03:35 pm by Cad1875 »
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,643 posts | 507 
      Reply #3036: Oct 13, 2019 11:37:09 pm
      Quote from king kenny
      Totally agree with you.  We are on top of the world.  We are awesome team we have the best manager in the world. We've waited too long for the league we just can't jeapordise our strong position.  The timing of the world club cup is sh*t. Still a while to go.  If we have a fit squad then OK if not play the fringe players. 

The best way to prove we're top of the world, is to go and win the world club cup. It's a major competition, and it should be seen as a golden opportunity to stamp our authority on the world stage, not a burden around our neck.

Before Madrid, we won one trophy in 13 years. All the cherry picking of this competition over that one over the other one, for no return has gone on for years and years and years, and it's about time it stopped, so we can win more than one trophy every 6-7 years.

The more we try to win, the more chance we have of winning trophies. People then ask me if I had the choice of what trophy to win, and I answer there is no choice. I'll take the League Championship, I'll take the League Cup, I'll take the Super Cup, I'll take whatever I'm given, as I've spent far too many of the past 30 years watching our rivals clean them all up, wondering "if only".

We'll play the West Ham game when the time comes. In the meantime, we have a rare chance to be officially recognised as the best club on earth. So I can't understand why anyone has an issue with the idea of "Liverpool FC, Champions Of The World".
      king kenny
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,240 posts | 174 
      Reply #3037: Oct 14, 2019 12:48:47 am
      The best way to prove we're top of the world, is to go and win the world club cup. It's a major competition, and it should be seen as a golden opportunity to stamp our authority on the world stage, not a burden around our neck.

Before Madrid, we won one trophy in 13 years. All the cherry picking of this competition over that one over the other one, for no return has gone on for years and years and years, and it's about time it stopped, so we can win more than one trophy every 6-7 years.

The more we try to win, the more chance we have of winning trophies. People then ask me if I had the choice of what trophy to win, and I answer there is no choice. I'll take the League Championship, I'll take the League Cup, I'll take the Super Cup, I'll take whatever I'm given, as I've spent far too many of the past 30 years watching our rivals clean them all up, wondering "if only".

We'll play the West Ham game when the time comes. In the meantime, we have a rare chance to be officially recognised as the best club on earth. So I can't understand why anyone has an issue with the idea of "Liverpool FC, Champions Of The World".

There is a topic for World Club Championship go there and will discuss.  This the holey grail thread!
      skamp
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 549 posts | 181 
      Reply #3038: Oct 14, 2019 12:02:21 pm
      But 30 wins is the maximum we'd need to win it as things stand. 

brezipool
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,139 posts | 274 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #3039: Oct 14, 2019 12:45:55 pm
      City are gonna drop many more points, they're defense is all over the gaff.

Were top of the league by 8 points, while missing our goalie, and according to pundits were looking a bit unsteady at the back.

cant wait for us to start playing well again. ;D
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,556 posts | 2082 
      Reply #3040: Oct 14, 2019 01:05:04 pm
      City are gonna drop many more points, they're defense is all over the gaff.

Were top of the league by 8 points, while missing our goalie, and according to pundits were looking a bit unsteady at the back.

cant wait for us to start playing well again. ;D

The match against Citeh is huge, if we win that and go 11 points ahead then things will start to look very very good indeed. I actually agree that Citeh will lose a lot more games this season than last, they just don't seem to have the same fear factor as in previous seasons so teams are having a go at them a lot more.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,505 posts | 180 
      Reply #3041: Oct 15, 2019 10:38:27 pm
      Might as well pin this thread to the top of the board because we are here to stay.

Walk on, walk on...
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,775 posts | 2443 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3042: Oct 16, 2019 02:46:44 pm

That's cognitive dissonance.
      You'll be alright.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Ian St John

• 435 posts | 34 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #3043: Oct 16, 2019 07:58:09 pm
      And ain’t going anywhere else  >:D
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,225 posts | 321 
      Reply #3044: Oct 16, 2019 10:01:33 pm
      That's cognitive dissonance.
      You'll be alright.

I will take your word for it 🤔
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,538 posts | 548 
      Reply #3045: Oct 17, 2019 02:23:34 pm
      Me, confident but nervous. City will be waiting for the two games v us, and going all out to win both.
      8 then becomes 2 and the pressure is on us.
      The first city game is a must win, to take us 11 clear. That will hammer their hopes. Remember what happened to 8 points last season !
      LFC007
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Reply #3046: Oct 17, 2019 09:59:27 pm
      City will be waiting for the two games v us, and going all out to win both.

That will play in our hands for we are a counter-attacking team. To be honest it's still wide open. MC is capable to go on an insane winning streak while we looked shaky at times and could drop points here and there without some game luck. My hope is that those botched games indicate an overall weaker MC this season.
      brezipool
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,139 posts | 274 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #3047: Oct 18, 2019 12:08:21 pm
      Ive said before, while City have all these defenders Injured, they are vulnerable to most teams taking points off them, if we keep going the way we are, we will have an even bigger gap by time we play them.
      LFC007
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Reply #3048: Oct 27, 2019 10:45:54 pm
      Again 6 points!  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,884 posts | 1359 
      Reply #3049: Oct 27, 2019 11:41:58 pm
      Ive said before, while City have all these defenders Injured, they are vulnerable to most teams taking points off them, if we keep going the way we are, we will have an even bigger gap by time we play them.

Hopefully Laporte is still out in 2 weeks when they come to Anfield. Obviously we need to win at Villa but I feel like we need to get after City like we did in the Champions League two seasons ago.

Quick Reply