Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

We are top of the league!

Read 427110 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #3289: Dec 11, 2019 04:43:57 pm
      Finally I agree with you.  I think if we win the Villa game it will be bigger than Barca.  I want to see the line up but honestly speaking I don't give our players a chance.  Men against kids its going to be.    Aston Villa have a chance to get into a semi finals they going to field a strong team. 

As long as Leicester beat Everton then its all good, it gives them an extra 2 tricky games ina busy time of the year.

We can win against Villa, but I'd be amazed if we do, but if we don't then there is a big silver lining of having 2/3 games less to play.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #3290: Dec 11, 2019 04:48:03 pm
      The squad has so much confidence that they can achieve anything at the moment.  But winning against Villa would be a massive miracle bigger than Barca in my opinion.   We don't have 1 experience defender all kids, a kid in goal its a big ask, a massive ask. 
      « Last Edit: Dec 11, 2019 05:34:44 pm by king kenny »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3291: Dec 11, 2019 09:12:58 pm

Now THAT is a half-glass-full individual.  ;D
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3292: Dec 11, 2019 09:14:46 pm

Miracles can happen...we're Liverpool F C....we've done that and worn the t-shirts...one of them says Champions league winners 2005...another one says Liverpool 4 Barcelona 0 returning a 3-0 deficit...there is only one club that produces miraculous performances...Guess Who ?

Have a bit more faith in our young Uns mate, it's 11 V 11 in a cup tie, who'd dya think will be hungrier, and who are more likely to be complacent?

We won't need a miracle that day, just some determination,  hard graft and passion,  oh and a wee bit of lady luck too.

The pressure is all on Villa, not our young lads !

YNWA

Very well said.

A miracle wouldn't hurt, mind.  ;)
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #3293: Dec 11, 2019 11:05:09 pm
      Have faith. Believe in the youngsters.
      We will beat Villa.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3294: Dec 11, 2019 11:51:52 pm
      We will beat Villa.

OK. I'm in. Herbie Kane with the 90th minute winner.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3295: Dec 12, 2019 09:51:33 am
      A fair bit has been made about how we’ve scraped wins and conceded a number of goals so far. Our GD is 1 better than Citys and 3 behind Leicester, yet they’ve had their figures essentially skewed by one having an 8-0 win and the other a 9-0 win. Take out them freak score lines and not only do we have a healthy lead at the top, but we would also be comfortably ahead on GD too.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3296: Dec 12, 2019 11:10:10 am
      A fair bit has been made about how we’ve scraped wins and conceded a number of goals so far. Our GD is 1 better than Citys and 3 behind Leicester, yet they’ve had their figures essentially skewed by one having an 8-0 win and the other a 9-0 win. Take out them freak score lines and not only do we have a healthy lead at the top, but we would also be comfortably ahead on GD too.

Weve never been seriously troubled even in the games weve conceded, mostly its just been the odd well worked goal, or a bit of bad luck. and weve always came back and scored at least 2 goals.

Now were actually playing better footi and so keeping clean sheets. its frightening the fact were getting better after picking up so many points.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3297: Dec 12, 2019 11:19:13 am
      Weve never been seriously troubled even in the games weve conceded, mostly its just been the odd well worked goal, or a bit of bad luck. and weve always came back and scored at least 2 goals.

Now were actually playing better footi and so keeping clean sheets. its frightening the fact were getting better after picking up so many points.

Have you forgotten the Villa game? 2 goals in the last 5 minutes to win it, I would say we were troubled in that game!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3298: Dec 12, 2019 12:41:55 pm
      Have you forgotten the Villa game? 2 goals in the last 5 minutes to win it, I would say we were troubled in that game!

yes I did forget it. ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3299: Dec 12, 2019 12:46:38 pm
      so 15 wins from 18 games left does it.

And thats assuming Leicester & City don't drop anymore points.

If we beat both of them again, it can be done with even less wins. ;D

Its an amazing position to be in.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #3300: Dec 12, 2019 02:28:02 pm
      We will beat Villa.

As long as they're our players, I'll believe in them and our coaching team. Unlike other fans including some of ours (not referring to you), our players don't have to be household names to convince me of my support for them.

Kind of sad at one stage that some of us wanted to upgrade Divock with a Son or Mbappe despite Divock being our legend. If a player is our player, they'll have my support. Whether they're "branded" or not.

Let's go out and beat Villa.
      Benladdie3000
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts | 19 
      Reply #3301: Dec 12, 2019 07:16:08 pm
      I can't stop thinking about the possibility of 19 and 7 in the same season. Its the best chance we will ever have

Klopp gets a statue in my garden if it happens
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #3302: Dec 13, 2019 10:59:35 pm
      Quote from WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      If we win it say gameweek 34 will we lift it at Newcastle away on the last day of the season or will it be lifted at anfield on the second last game of the season? Not used to winning leagues me I don’t know the protocol 🤣

It is presented after the last home game of the season on a weekend. If it hasn't been won by then, it is presented after the last home game of the season. If still not won, it's the last game of the season. It's been like that since the year dot. The days of presenting it after the Screensport Super Cup semi final in midweek, with the medals found in Moran's big box, are long gone.

Either way, we still need 53 more points to see City off atm. Then we can start planning...while watching Sky remind everyone who was PM, which song was No. 1, as well as the price of a pint of milk and newspaper when we last won the league, in their traditional fashion.

Then you really will feel old....
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,009 posts | 3352 
      Reply #3303: Dec 14, 2019 03:29:06 pm
      Guaranteed to be there at Christmas.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3304: Dec 14, 2019 04:06:08 pm

and in 2020
      CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Reply #3305: Dec 14, 2019 04:38:52 pm
      Leicester in a 1-1 draw in the 75th minute. Could be nice if that holds up...or if Norwich can net a winner.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,635 posts | 130 
      Reply #3306: Dec 14, 2019 04:58:43 pm
      Nice Leicester dropping some points at Norwich. Next GW they play City. Will be a big match for both of them. Either way one of them will at least drop points  :f_whistle:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3307: Dec 14, 2019 04:59:26 pm
      Full time 1-1!!!

That's us 10 points clear.

Also Chelsea done and dusted.

Another great day for us.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3308: Dec 14, 2019 05:00:48 pm
      Chelsea losing at home to Bournemouth who we made look like school kids last week at their gaff.

Truly abysmal for them.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,768 posts | 570 
      Reply #3309: Dec 14, 2019 05:04:58 pm
      This team is unbelievable even our worst enemies know we are the best team in Europe now

Amazing Christmas coming up !!!!!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3310: Dec 14, 2019 05:06:41 pm
      Chelsea losing at home to Bournemouth who we made look like school kids last week at their gaff.

Truly abysmal for them.

yes that was a shocking result, Chelsea really are wobbly.

So by my calculations we can now lose 3 more games that Leicester and 4, almost 5, more than Citeh and still win the league. It is one hell of an advantage at this stage and we would have to massively implode second half to get caught
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #3311: Dec 14, 2019 05:18:00 pm
      It really can’t be understated how important it is that we are picking up maximum points in these games when we are not at it, while others around us are dropping points in games they should be winning. When you consider some of the results (particularly Citeh), it really underlines how impressive our league run has been. Anyone can beat anyone in this league and yet... here we sit with 49 points out of 51.

Quick Reply