Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

We are top of the league!

Read 441380 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #3335: Dec 22, 2019 03:48:56 pm
      United are F***ing sh*t! I love it!

Merry Christmas
      Harrisimo

• 8,453 posts | 1442 
      Reply #3336: Dec 22, 2019 06:01:59 pm
      United are f**king sh*t! I love it!

Merry Christmas

keep up the good work Ole...don't let them get to you mate...doin' a cracking job.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #3337: Dec 22, 2019 06:10:15 pm
      94 points to win the league
      45 points to go
      15 more wins and we're there.

I've got it as 100 to win the league,  51 points to go and 17 wins but I think it won't take that many.
      Harrisimo

• 8,453 posts | 1442 
      Reply #3338: Dec 22, 2019 06:12:59 pm
      Any contact in the area players are going down forcing VAR to make a decision. VAR got the Son sending off in the Spurs/Chelski game right. Willian, cracking player, put Chelski 2 up. Racist language heard coming from Spurs fans..not good is it Mr.Johnson.

Right on cue Dele Alli throws himself to the ground after slight contact in the area....Dele the Diver.
      « Last Edit: Dec 22, 2019 06:23:36 pm by Harrisimo »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3339: Dec 22, 2019 06:30:12 pm
      Any contact in the area players are going down forcing VAR to make a decision. VAR got the Son sending off in the Spurs/Chelski game right. Willian, cracking player, put Chelski 2 up. Racist language heard coming from Spurs fans..not good is it Mr.Johnson.

Right on cue Dele Alli throws himself to the ground after slight contact in the area....Dele the Diver.

Do you want Mr Johnson's chancellor or home Secretary to address your question?
      In all seriousness this has nothing to do with any politician, racism is racism is racism, it needs stamping out, end of!
      Harrisimo

• 8,453 posts | 1442 
      Reply #3340: Dec 22, 2019 06:32:15 pm
      Do you want Mr Johnson's chancellor or home Secretary to address your question?
      In all seriousness this has nothing to do with any politician, racism is racism is racism, it needs stamping out, end of!

Point taken..yes and I apologise for bringing a political element on to the footie forum.
      « Last Edit: Dec 22, 2019 06:53:02 pm by Harrisimo »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #3341: Dec 22, 2019 07:00:58 pm
      Point taken..yes and I apologise for bringing a political element on to the footie forum.

Yeah no need for it pal.

F**k the tories!!!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #3342: Dec 22, 2019 07:03:42 pm
      I've got it as 100 to win the league,  51 points to go and 17 wins but I think it won't take that many.

Yeah wont need that many. If City win every game from now on it would only take them to 98 so 99 will be the most points we would need.

At this point cant see them pulling off 20 wins on the bounce. I'm saying 92 myself.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #3343: Dec 22, 2019 09:20:52 pm
      Yeah wont need that many. If City win every game from now on it would only take them to 98 so 99 will be the most points we would need.

At this point cant see them pulling off 20 wins on the bounce. I'm saying 92 myself.
      Who gives a sh*t what they do , we got this fcker time to unload and stop worrying about stats the reds are going to party just enjoy the ride it’s going to be fun ,
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #3344: Dec 22, 2019 11:32:02 pm
      I think that we should try to sustain a 10+ point gap and if we do that City will definitely drop points if we give them opportunities they may go on a winning run or two.  We just need to carry on racking wins.

I don't really give a sh*t about going unbeaten all season.  I'd rather if we win the league with say a few games spare give players another little break than trying to become the invincible's.  Records are good but we have plenty in our archives and this team has enough to have bragging rights for years to come.   But with this team it is about winning trophies.  And if we get the opportunity to get an advantage for next season take it with both hands, I say F**k little records here and there come back fresh and ready for another great season.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3345: Dec 23, 2019 12:34:09 am
      I think that we should try to sustain a 10+ point gap and if we do that City will definitely drop points if we give them opportunities they may go on a winning run or two.  We just need to carry on racking wins.

I don't really give a sh*t about going unbeaten all season.  I'd rather if we win the league with say a few games spare give players another little break than trying to become the invincible's.  Records are good but we have plenty in our archives and this team has enough to have bragging rights for years to come.   But with this team it is about winning trophies.  And if we get the opportunity to get an advantage for next season take it with both hands, I say f**k little records here and there come back fresh and ready for another great season.

Well that's a bit of a contradiction. You start by saying we need to try and sustain a 10+ point gap and then say you don't give a sh*t about going unbeaten all season. Well we aren't going to sustain a 10+ point gap if we start losing are we.

I say try and win every game. What's the point working so hard for 85% of the season and then if the title is wrapped up, forget the remaining games and take the shine off our incredible run of results we've had over the last 18months. If you are planning on the players having as much time off as possible then we may as well forget the Champions League too and send three quarters of the team off to the Euro's as fresh as possible, because the only team that benefits will be the international ones, not us at the start of next season.

Madness to think about anything other than trying to win every game.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #3346: Dec 23, 2019 01:43:08 am
      Well that's a bit of a contradiction. You start by saying we need to try and sustain a 10+ point gap and then say you don't give a sh*t about going unbeaten all season. Well we aren't going to sustain a 10+ point gap if we start losing are we.

I say try and win every game. What's the point working so hard for 85% of the season and then if the title is wrapped up, forget the remaining games and take the shine off our incredible run of results we've had over the last 18months. If you are planning on the players having as much time off as possible then we may as well forget the Champions League too and send three quarters of the team off to the Euro's as fresh as possible, because the only team that benefits will be the international ones, not us at the start of next season.

Madness to think about anything other than trying to win every game.

Look it is impossible for me to say I want us to lose because as a fan that is not possible whether the U23 are 4-0 down to Villa your still watching and hoping that just a goal can change things.   The thing is am not bothered at the moment about that record of being unbeaten.   At this moment time we need to carrying on racking results as we are not even half way through the season.  Our position is fantastic but it has been 30 years so it is still far too early yet to be thinking that we have won it. 

I am not saying sacrifice Europe we want no.7 and that is very important part of being successful.  But we can rest players assuming we get to the final. If we won the title and this is just an assumption at the moment with say 4 games to go then I would rest players especially the likes of VVD, TAA, Robertson, Gini and Hendersons of the team.  They play the last 2 games to be back to match sharpness.   Yes they will play their international and it will be beneficial to them too.  But it would be us taking advantage of a unique situation winning the league with games to spare that is not normal in the Premier league.   And it would give us an advantage next season they will be fresher physically and mentally it will also give the squad players and younger players opportunities to play at this level.  It would also be a middle finger to the authorities too for not extending much courtesy and forcing us to play the kids in league cup. Them kids would have gained a lot more experience from that game if we would have had an opportunity to field with them a little more quality and experienced players.

End of the day if we get in a situation,  I think using it to rest players will give us an advantage next season.  This squad has potential of bringing in a lot more silverware yet.  I wouldn't exhaust them for records. Not bothered about them if we got don't get me wrong I'd rub it into the faces of rival fans. But not bothered about them at this moment of time.  I am not convinced it is healthy for these lot.  It didn't help Arsenal after the invincible season they won hardly sh*t.  Did it get to their heads?  Man city got a million points in the last 2 seasons they've dropped.  They have bags of oil money to make quick fixes.  I just think we should take advantage of such situations if they do arrive.   

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3347: Dec 23, 2019 10:58:59 am
      The situation at the moment is that we would have to lose 5 more games than Citeh over the remainder of the season for them to snatch it from us, it simply won't happen, I think we'll win this mid April as I suspect Citeh will drop more points than us between now and the end of the season.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,224 posts | 3395 
      Reply #3348: Dec 23, 2019 12:53:40 pm
      10 points clear with a game in hand and our nearest rivals up next. So by the end of Boxing Day, we could be thirteen points clear and still have a game in hand (which has been rescheduled for some in Feb). That's a mighty F***ing calamity required from us to let it slip. Especially when we'll have around a dozen of the remaining games at Anfield, where we've dropped just two points in all of 2019.
      « Last Edit: Dec 23, 2019 02:21:12 pm by dunlop liddell shankly »
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,946 posts | 287 
      Reply #3349: Dec 23, 2019 01:04:41 pm
      We need to be invincible, break city’s 100+ point haul, and bring back number 19 in some style.
      It’s the legacy this team and this manager deserve.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #3350: Dec 23, 2019 01:28:49 pm
      10 points clear with a game in hand and our nearest rivals up next. So by the end of Boxing Day, we could be thirteen points clear and still have a game in hand (which has been rescheduled for some in Feb). That's a mighty f**king calamity required from us to let it slip. Especially when we'll have over a dozen of the remaining games at Anfield, where we've dropped just two points in all of 2019.

Yes, in a very strong position.

Beating Leicester likely will have the additional effect of putting the chaser focus back on Man City who should be in 2nd after that.   As always, our best option is to win games.

Some injuries accumulating, but so our wins, points, confidence and trophies.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #3351: Dec 23, 2019 01:40:55 pm
      Pretty sure the lads will enjoy a day or two after becoming CWC & quickly shift their focus for Leicester on Boxing Day..

As mentioned the win, point gap & game in hand will further increase pressure on the teams around us..
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #3352: Dec 24, 2019 03:15:43 am
      Pretty sure the lads will enjoy a day or two after becoming CWC & quickly shift their focus for Leicester on Boxing Day..

As mentioned the win, point gap & game in hand will further increase pressure on the teams around us..

Team had today off and will prep Tuesday and Wednesday for Leicester City. Will not fly out until Thursday morning for the match.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3353: Dec 24, 2019 11:28:42 am
      Team had today off and will prep Tuesday and Wednesday for Leicester City. Will not fly out until Thursday morning for the match.

They don't actually fly from Liverpool to Leicester do they, what would Greta say!!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,889 posts | 704 
      Reply #3354: Dec 24, 2019 12:53:23 pm
      Quote from king kenny
      And if we get the opportunity to get an advantage for next season take it with both hands, I say F**k records here and there come back fresh and ready for another great season.

And how are we supposed to get an advantage, with the Euros, Copa America, and Olympics, among some of the distractions between May and August?

The next major record to go after is 31 games unbeaten since the start of the season, beating the record from 88. Atm we can win 112 points this season, and I want to win as many of them as possible.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #3355: Dec 24, 2019 02:28:56 pm
      And how are we supposed to get an advantage, with the Euros, Copa America, and Olympics, among some of the distractions between May and August?

All other players have a little rest after the season is over before going to their international camps.  Our players have finished the season and gone straight to their international camps for 2 seasons.  Tottenham had a nightmare this season maybe it was a contributing factor? 
      A break is better than none?
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,631 posts | 1519 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #3356: Dec 24, 2019 02:56:26 pm
      I’ll take a draw right now with that game in hand, Leicester definitely the team that makes me the most nervous in the league so a point at their place would do me... come Boxing Day though obviously, I’ll be horizontal in a food coma raging for a win.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #3357: Dec 24, 2019 03:07:01 pm
      I’ll take a draw right now with that game in hand, Leicester definitely the team that makes me the most nervous in the league so a point at their place would do me... come Boxing Day though obviously, I’ll be horizontal in a food coma raging for a win.

If you can take three points, do so. And when you can’t, take one. Try not to come away with zero points.

Quick Reply