Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

We are top of the league!

Read 426221 times
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,653 posts | 1586 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #3473: Jan 10, 2020 10:07:00 pm
      No reason at all why we can't win the FA Cup, as well as the league and the European Cup, after all we almost did it in 1977. This is the best Liverpool team I've seen for many a year.
      Loving every minute of this season and boy don't we deserve it, after so many years of being the nearly men, this has to be our time.
      I was saying to my daughter the other day that I was younger than she is now the last time we won the league  :o
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #3474: Jan 10, 2020 11:36:36 pm
      One game at a time. F**k the records - who really gives a F**k if we get one more win that the City side of blah blah blah. Records are only there to be broken anyway.

The title though - being on that honours list, no one can ever break that or take it from us.

Come on you Reds!
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,753 posts | 460 
      Reply #3475: Jan 11, 2020 12:38:27 am
      No reason at all why we can't win the FA Cup, as well as the league and the European Cup, after all we almost did it in 1977. This is the best Liverpool team I've seen for many a year.
      Loving every minute of this season and boy don't we deserve it, after so many years of being the nearly men, this has to be our time.
      I was saying to my daughter the other day that I was younger than she is now the last time we won the league  :o

May 1990, I was a young 17.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3476: Jan 11, 2020 10:06:30 am
      Have no idea how they did not include Divok's header against the toffee's

has to be in there just for Jürgen's celebration but more importantly for making Pickford look a chump
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #3477: Jan 11, 2020 11:47:20 am
      has to be in there just for Jürgen's celebration but more importantly for making Pickford look a chump

Yea, so right. He couldn’t even handle a kid’s cross.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3478: Jan 11, 2020 07:52:02 pm

LFC007
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts | 17 
      Reply #3479: Jan 11, 2020 08:06:51 pm
      Only 51 remaining points possible and we lead City 17 points.   xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Soon the main topic might be if we can break City's record and redo the "Invincibles".
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #3480: Jan 12, 2020 08:45:22 am
      17 games left and 12 wins needed :) And I do not see ourselves losing this amount.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #3481: Jan 12, 2020 09:56:56 am
      I’m scared it will somehow go tits up. Nervous before every game, even though I post us to win.
      Can’t wait until it gets to a mathematical certainty.
      Still loving how we somehow get through every game, even when we have a few dodgy moments.
      Waited so long for this after taking it for granted we would win silverware every season.
      The good times are back, but wining the Prem is the icing on the cake. Just praying we see it through.
      The odds get shorter every week but the thought of failing now, fills me with dread !
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #3482: Jan 12, 2020 10:21:30 am
      I’m scared it will somehow go tits up. Nervous before every game, even though I post us to win.
      Still loving how we somehow get through every game, even when we have a few dodgy moments.
      Waited so long for this after taking it for granted we would win silverware every season.
      The good times are back, but wining the Prem is the icing on the cake. Just praying we see it through.
      The odds get shorter every week but the thought of failing now, fills me with dread !

Faith my friend, faith. It's a big thing.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3483: Jan 12, 2020 11:14:00 am
      I honestly think we'll have won the league before we next play Citeh as I think Leicester and Citeh will both lose more games than us before then.
      At the moment we are by a distance the best team plus we are earning some good fortune and the footballing gods are smiling down on us.

Enjoy this time fellow reds.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3484: Jan 12, 2020 11:21:45 am
      awesome.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,293 posts | 272 
      Reply #3485: Jan 12, 2020 12:31:32 pm

It's hard mate, I'm stuck somewhere between really enjoying what we're seeing each week and just wanting May to come around. We've waited 30 years, we'll have to try and be patient, enjoy each game but then to the next one. I'm keeping settled and calm, it'll be worth the wait..
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #3486: Jan 12, 2020 12:38:35 pm
      Crazy we have broken the 60 point mark before anyone else has reached 50...and quite comfortably.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3487: Jan 12, 2020 01:25:34 pm

As.others have mentioned, we won't need 35 to win. But try to bottle that feeling you get each week when you realize we are better than the opponent and are going to win. It's always a good moment, so just try to recreate that during the week.

But I think your posture is better than celebrating prematurely. There are so many good moments to experience before title day. We should savor each one.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #3488: Jan 12, 2020 01:44:47 pm
      As.others have mentioned, we won't need 35 to win. But try to bottle that feeling you get each week when you realize we are better than the opponent and are going to win. It's always a good moment, so just try to recreate that during the week.

But I think your posture is better than celebrating prematurely. There are so many good moments to experience before title day. We should savor each one.

Talking to a bloke I know in tesco last week; "you've got it now, haven't you? It's your title."
      "Nope, not until it's impossible for us to be caught"
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #3489: Jan 12, 2020 01:47:52 pm
      If we can carry on in the same vein as we have and if Citeh and Leicester drop points then the league could be all but sewn up before the 5th round of the FA cup.
      The interest then will be in what our biggest ambition is. The records or the trophies.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #3490: Jan 12, 2020 01:49:09 pm
      Completely forgot city were even playing today until just now, usually I be well aware of when they play waiting for it all day to see if they drop points... is this a sign?
      A team that plays the Liverpool way....
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,753 posts | 460 
      Reply #3491: Jan 12, 2020 05:53:18 pm
      5-0 City, Villa are shambles today at their home.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3492: Jan 12, 2020 06:01:26 pm
      Not assed mate,wrong thread We are top of the league,F**k em all.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #3493: Jan 12, 2020 06:11:00 pm
      Not assed mate,wrong thread We are top of the league,F**k em all.

Exactly, they really need us to F**k up badly and I don't see this Liverpool team coming close to the fuckup the plastics need. ;D
      Benladdie3000
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts | 19 
      Reply #3494: Jan 12, 2020 07:49:47 pm
      If we can carry on in the same vein as we have and if Citeh and Leicester drop points then the league could be all but sewn up before the 5th round of the FA cup.
      The interest then will be in what our biggest ambition is. The records or the trophies.

I choose trophies all day long.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3495: Jan 12, 2020 08:14:33 pm
      UTD will be desperate to take points of us but unlike so many teams of ours of the past 30 years these lads are so focused on the prize its quite scary to witness.
      The level of concentration is far greater than we have seen before and Jürgen is holding down the expectations by under playing each victory but when the time comes he will be the biggest, loudest and happiest soul at Anfield.  A bit ring rusty yesterday but it could have been 3-0 at halftime and I always felt we had more gears to go through if needed.

Quick Reply