Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

We are top of the league!

Read 427108 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #3496: Jan 12, 2020 09:53:48 pm
      5-0 City, Villa are shambles today at their home.

F**k city - they’re a bunch of cu*ts
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #3497: Jan 12, 2020 09:55:23 pm
      UTD will be desperate to take points of us but unlike so many teams of ours of the past 30 years these lads are so focused on the prize its quite scary to witness.
      The level of concentration is far greater than we have seen before and Jürgen is holding down the expectations by under playing each victory but when the time comes he will be the biggest, loudest and happiest soul at Anfield.  A bit ring rusty yesterday but it could have been 3-0 at halftime and I always felt we had more gears to go through if needed.

Exactly - I hate all this sh*t about spurs should have got a point or won if they took their chances. No chance, if spurs equalised then I firmly believe we would have gone on to win even if there was only 3 mins on the clock. These guys are relentless
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3498: Jan 12, 2020 11:34:28 pm
      I’m scared it will somehow go tits up. Nervous before every game, even though I post us to win.
      Can’t wait until it gets to a mathematical certainty.
      Still loving how we somehow get through every game, even when we have a few dodgy moments.
      Waited so long for this after taking it for granted we would win silverware every season.
      The good times are back, but wining the Prem is the icing on the cake. Just praying we see it through.
      The odds get shorter every week but the thought of failing now, fills me with dread !

With ya mate. Exactly how I feel but the Boys just keep surprising me. I've said it before and saying it again now...post Christmas we had 6 massive PL games, so far 4/4. That's F***ing brilliant. Make it 5 against them cu*ts this week and we have one hand on the Trophy and a couple of fingers!!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3499: Jan 13, 2020 09:14:13 am
      With ya mate. Exactly how I feel but the Boys just keep surprising me. I've said it before and saying it again now...post Christmas we had 6 massive PL games, so far 4/4. That's f**king brilliant. Make it 5 against them Cu*ts this week and we have one hand on the Trophy and a couple of fingers!!

I think if we can beat Manure and Wolves then it really is ours, even if we don't we are still in a hell of a strong position.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3500: Jan 13, 2020 11:57:53 am
      As It stands the most Citeh can get is 95 points which means we need 96 points to 100% ensure the league.

That means that we can afford to lose 5 matches, or draw 5 and lose 2 of the remaining 17 matches.

In other words it is almost impossible to imagine us not winning this now, but we still need to win those 10-12 games starting with Manure who we owe a bloody good thrashing.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3501: Jan 13, 2020 03:51:48 pm
      Exactly - I hate all this sh*t about spurs should have got a point or won if they took their chances. No chance, if spurs equalised then I firmly believe we would have gone on to win even if there was only 3 mins on the clock. These guys are relentless

Seriously. They missed two chances toward the end, one mainly down to Alisson's positioning. We missed at least a half dozen chances before that so who would have been fortunate if it had ended 1-1?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3502: Jan 13, 2020 04:31:09 pm
      Seriously. They missed two chances toward the end, one mainly down to Alisson's positioning. We missed at least a half dozen chances before that so who would have been fortunate if it had ended 1-1?

It would have been incredibly unfair if the game had ended a draw but we have to improve our finishing and decision making in the final third, its about the only area where there is room for some improvement.
      Benladdie3000
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts | 19 
      Reply #3503: Jan 16, 2020 12:49:13 am
      Csn anyone tell me when the prospective title parade would take place please?

I'm a steroid user and at the moment im starting a test deca winstrol cycle. I'd need to stop this 2 weeks in advance so that I could join my mates on the beers. Can't mix the roids and alcohol so I don't want to miss out
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #3504: Jan 16, 2020 09:08:01 am

I'm a steroid user and at the moment im starting a test deca winstrol cycle. I'd need to stop this 2 weeks in advance so that I could join my mates on the beers. Can't mix the roids and alcohol so I don't want to miss out

Been looking for a positive date for this as well Ben. As far as I can make out, from all the permutations, if we are uncatchable before the season ends, the trophy would be presented following the last home game. That’s v Chelsea, probably on Sat 9th and I’d assume the parade would be on the Sunday !
      Not sure, but hopefully someone inside the club could clarify.
      Difficult as nobody wants to talk about wining it until it’s done !
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #3505: Jan 16, 2020 09:39:45 am

*Touch wood* There'll certainly be a massive party in the city centre on the day we mathematically win it but the actual parade itself should be after the Chelsea game.

One thing I will say though is if you're coming in from outside of Liverpool don't book your hotel yet. The game is currently scheduled for Saturday 3PM but that'll be rescheduled for a TV slot. So it could end up being a Friday night game, Early/Late KO Saturday, Sunday or Monday night. So anyone who is planning to make the journey will be best keeping a close eye on the fixtures & sky sports announcements and booking as soon as they get any news to avoid being shafted by the hotels!

Friday night rescheduling would be incredible like, all day on the ale Saturday and then a day to recover on the Sunday!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #3506: Jan 16, 2020 11:36:17 am
      *Touch wood* There'll certainly be a massive party in the city centre on the day we mathematically win it but the actual parade itself should be after the Chelsea game.

One thing I will say though is if you're coming in from outside of Liverpool don't book your hotel yet. The game is currently scheduled for Saturday 3PM but that'll be rescheduled for a TV slot. So it could end up being a Friday night game, Early/Late KO Saturday, Sunday or Monday night. So anyone who is planning to make the journey will be best keeping a close eye on the fixtures & sky sports announcements and booking as soon as they get any news to avoid being shafted by the hotels!

Friday night rescheduling would be incredible like, all day on the ale Saturday and then a day to recover on the Sunday!

Booked my rooms and hoping it will be a sat or sunday game. Fingers crossed eh !
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #3507: Jan 16, 2020 12:35:52 pm
      Booked my rooms and hoping it will be a sat or sunday game. Fingers crossed eh !

In addition to the above... I'll be looking for 5 tickets for the Chelsea game, so if there are any spares going, please consider me. A 2 and a 3 would be perfect, but anywhere will do.
      And a BIG FAT NO.... I won't be paying £250 each for them  :o  ;D ;D
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #3508: Jan 16, 2020 12:37:30 pm
      In addition to the above... I'll be looking for 5 tickets for the Chelsea game, so if there are any spares going, please consider me. A 2 and a 3 would be perfect, but anywhere will do.
      And a BIG FAT NO.... I won't be paying £250 each for them  :o  ;D ;D

I've got 5 together in the Kop if you want them. Block 306.

I'll also throw in a Unicorn & carriage to get you to/from your hotel

Also; they won't be going for anywhere near £250. Try adding another zero onto that
      « Last Edit: Jan 16, 2020 12:45:45 pm by TameImpala »
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,009 posts | 3352 
      Reply #3509: Jan 16, 2020 12:58:46 pm
      The parade will be after the season, though we'll parade it around at Anfield before that.

Both the FA Cup and European Cup finals are after the final day of the season, so if we're still participating in them there's no way the parade will happen before them. Chances are it'll be 31st May or June 1st.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #3510: Jan 16, 2020 01:32:03 pm
      The parade will be after the season, though we'll parade it around at Anfield before that.

Both the FA Cup and European Cup finals are after the final day of the season, so if we're still participating in them there's no way the parade will happen before them. Chances are it'll be 31st May or June 1st.

Just had a look at other teams title parades & I think you might be right. Was  under the impression that the parades were after the last home game of the season but I seem to be wrong.

Be a bit weird though if we make it to the CL final but end up getting beat, then hold the parade a couple of days later
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,009 posts | 3352 
      Reply #3511: Jan 16, 2020 03:35:42 pm
      Just had a look at other teams title parades & I think you might be right. Was  under the impression that the parades were after the last home game of the season but I seem to be wrong.

Be a bit weird though if we make it to the CL final but end up getting beat, then hold the parade a couple of days later

Given the numbers last year, I can't see the council wanting to close the city twice - though from a financial point of view the city would probably benefit from two parades. But from a safety standpoint, I think the council would rather have one parade and that's why it'll be after all competitions.

I think the club would also prefer it that way. Klopp being the professional he is wouldn't want the players getting pissed off their tits then flying down to London and then Turkey for FA Cup and European Cup finals.

And I understand the point about celebrating a parade after a possible defeat but nothing is going to take the gloss off a League Title homecoming. It's going to be the biggest party this city has ever seen. The same way we just missed out on the League last year, didn't hinder the homecoming for the European Cup. It was still a great day and night for all. One that people will always remember. This years will be no different regardless of what happens after the League season.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3512: Jan 16, 2020 03:49:24 pm
      lets just beat UTD tick another one off then the Parades can take care of themselves
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #3513: Jan 16, 2020 03:53:37 pm
      Given the numbers last year, I can't see the council wanting to close the city twice - though from a financial point of view the city would probably benefit from two parades. But from a safety standpoint, I think the council would rather have one parade and that's why it'll be after all competitions.

I think the club would also prefer it that way. Klopp being the professional he is wouldn't want the players getting pissed off their tits then flying down to London and then Turkey for FA Cup and European Cup finals.

And I understand the point about celebrating a parade after a possible defeat but nothing is going to take the gloss off a League Title homecoming. It's going to be the biggest party this city has ever seen. The same way we just missed out on the League last year, didn't hinder the homecoming for the European Cup. It was still a great day and night for all. One that people will always remember. This years will be no different regardless of what happens after the League season.

Definitely. I think there could be potentially 3 big nights - 1 on the day we mathematically win it (which could be around April), 1 on the day we actually lift the title (Chelsea) & of course one on the day of the parade.

Town was incredible for the Champions League final last year. I live on Duke St so had a few mates round and we watched it in ours after an afternoon on the ale & singing songs on the balcony. I've never seen anything like it after the game, sea of people on the streets, cars bumper to bumper beeping their horns, flares & pyro going off left right and centre. Unbelievable

I just hope to god that we don't mathematically win it by City dropping points somewhere on a day that we're not playing. I want it to be an occasion, I want there to be a goal which finally clinches the title for Liverpool after 30 long years, I want the Kop to be able to celebrate the referee blowing his whistle & confirming the title for the reds.

I know we'd accept a winning the league by absolutely any means after the 30 years we've had, but I'm praying these lads can celebrate the exact moment we clinch it on the pitch & in front of the Kop
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #3514: Jan 16, 2020 03:54:12 pm
      We're back to full strength and that can only helps. Let's stay top of the league with another win.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #3515: Jan 16, 2020 04:16:15 pm
      lets just beat UTD tick another one off then the Parades can take care of themselves

Mate, you're not Klopp. The players will be focusing on the next game but we're supporters & we're more than entitled to dream if we want to. Especially as some will need to book transport / accommodation in advance.

I've never seen us win a league title in my entire life, this season I fully believe we will so I'll be getting giddy and talking about it every single day. I make no apologies for that
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #3516: Jan 16, 2020 04:17:15 pm

Do you what I'm generally not arsed about the city centre when we win the league, I'm literally gonna get bladdered around Anfield.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #3517: Jan 16, 2020 04:19:34 pm
      I've never seen us win a league title in my entire life, this season I fully believe we will so I'll be getting giddy and talking about it every single day. I make no apologies for that

Won't be like when I was a kid, Hanson leading the team onto the pitch in 88 against Southampton lining up alongside the trophy and then the game kicked off and that was it!! :laugh:
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #3518: Jan 16, 2020 04:21:03 pm
      Do you what I'm generally not arsed about the city centre when we win the league, I'm literally gonna get bladdered around Anfield.

Not sure on what I'm gonna be doing yet. Still got slight hopes of bagging a ticket in the late availabilty / local sales but even if I'm unsuccessful I'll probably watch it somewhere round Anfield & stay for a few hours after the match. Probably head back into town then for a few more!

Quick Reply