Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v West Ham [Premier League] Mon 24th Feb @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Anfield

Today is the 23rd of February and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W7 D9 L4

We are top of the league!

Read 201267 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,043 posts | 4114 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #3800: Feb 07, 2020 06:18:25 pm

Nope I watched it on firestick, some most tv streaming sites should have it.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,211 posts | 3725 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3801: Feb 08, 2020 04:16:11 am
      Nah documentary out about Barca, a virtual episode on us basically psychologically f**king them!

You know what the Title of the doco is mate?
      Ddecker
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts | 18 
      Reply #3802: Feb 08, 2020 08:42:53 am
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,364 posts | 2203 
      Reply #3803: Feb 08, 2020 08:53:05 am
      If we win the league, Champions League and FA Cup this season, combined with SuperCup and  World Club, is that a quintet or a quintuple?

I'll be counting it as a quintuple, but in any case it will be a historic achievement. I really do hope Klopp allocates some resources to the FA Cup, for example against Chelsea away we will need to play some senior players if we hope to progress, especially in Defence and Attack.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,270 posts | 208 
      Reply #3804: Feb 08, 2020 09:36:32 am
      Look forward to adding the Premiership title in a couple of months time. That's the trophy every fan wants to win.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,087 posts | 2087 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3805: Feb 08, 2020 10:05:53 am
      If and it's a big if we manage to win the league as a response to all the abuse from other fans we all celebrate by waving our todgers about like that Newcastle fan. Ladies can wear strap ons of course
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 17 
      Reply #3806: Feb 08, 2020 11:01:27 am
      If and it's a big if we manage to win the league as a response to all the abuse from other fans we all celebrate by waving our todgers about like that Newcastle fan. Ladies can wear strap ons of course

A big if? You’re making my heart palpitate xD

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,043 posts | 4114 
      Reply #3807: Feb 08, 2020 04:22:20 pm
      You know what the Title of the doco is mate?

Matchday: Inside FC Barcelona
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,133 posts | 393 
      Reply #3808: Feb 08, 2020 04:34:56 pm
      Cheers HR, gonna have to find that one
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,219 posts | 1513 
      Reply #3809: Feb 08, 2020 06:10:48 pm

Episode 7. Downloaded rakuten tv and it was free to watch. Fantastic viewing.
      GERNS

• 7,889 posts | 632 
      Reply #3810: Feb 08, 2020 10:01:35 pm
      I'll be counting it as a quintuple, but in any case it will be a historic achievement. I really do hope Klopp allocates some resources to the FA Cup, for example against Chelsea away we will need to play some senior players if we hope to progress, especially in Defence and Attack.

I think I'll just go with QUINTASTIC !
      king kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,518 posts | 235 
      Reply #3811: Feb 08, 2020 10:15:38 pm
      Just getting ahead of myself. But am wondering if the kids win the FA Cup and the seniors win the League.  Does that mean we play the kids in the Community Shield?
      ConzS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,738 posts | 525 
      Reply #3812: Feb 08, 2020 10:56:26 pm
      Just getting ahead of myself. But am wondering if the kids win the FA Cup and the seniors win the League.  Does that mean we play the kids in the Community Shield?
      Haha I wish. Am I right in saying we play the league runners up if that’s the case?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,243 posts | 1293 
      Reply #3813: Feb 09, 2020 01:41:41 am
      That matchday behind the scenes documentary about Barca episode 7 is a thing of beauty,  ;)

Hey I just wanted to publicly thank you for calling this to my attention and to Ddecker for posting the link. I just watched it and it was, as you say, beautiful. The production and all of that is quite well done, and of course the subject matter is other-worldly. Thank you.

p.s. Shakira was alright as well.  ;)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,211 posts | 3725 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3814: Feb 09, 2020 07:11:14 am

Thanks heaps for posting the link mate, just watched it...Brilliant...we fu**ed with their minds!!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,664 posts | 2207 
      • From Doubters to Believers
      Reply #3815: Feb 09, 2020 09:04:35 am
      Just watched it, it is a thing of beauty, got to admit I was filling up during the Anfield scenes, to see the goals again gave me goosebumps especially “You’ll Never Walk Alone” then, that silence in their dressing room, at HT, but what struck me the most was their body language, the negativity just before the 2nd half, as if they didn’t believe in each other, mentally they didn’t have it them for the fight, their 1-0 down on the night , one goal would have changed everything, but didn’t believe they could get it, so when Gini thundered in that second, and then ‘That’ header they were done, the Trent & Divock double act was just the icing on the cake,

For me it isn’t just the beating we gave them that night, that’s going to haunt them every time they meet us in the CL, until they impose a defeat on us, so I hope we meet them again this season in the Semi’s, because mentally we’re already a goal up, without kicking a ball.

1, 2, 3  Barca, My Arse !

YNWA
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,364 posts | 2203 
      Reply #3816: Feb 09, 2020 11:46:24 am

Very interesting, I almost fed bad for them! Two 3-0 reversals in 2 years has got to f**k you up mentally.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,092 posts | 2612 
      Reply #3817: Feb 09, 2020 12:15:32 pm
      .....and the priest at Montserrat had the audacity to call us the Red Devils.

I'd stick to religion mate.

Come to Liverpool and see our church.... its called Anfield.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,043 posts | 4114 
      Reply #3818: Feb 09, 2020 12:36:02 pm
      Hey I just wanted to publicly thank you for calling this to my attention and to Ddecker for posting the link. I just watched it and it was, as you say, beautiful. The production and all of that is quite well done, and of course the subject matter is other-worldly. Thank you.

p.s. Shakira was alright as well.  ;)

Comes to something when even Shakira and her kids unhappiness, those three priests and finally the shellshocked look slapped all over the couple of players interviewed brings a little smirk.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,243 posts | 1293 
      Reply #3819: Feb 09, 2020 01:15:17 pm
      Just watched it, it is a thing of beauty, got to admit I was filling up during the Anfield scenes, to see the goals again gave me goosebumps especially “You’ll Never Walk Alone” then, that silence in their dressing room, at HT, but what struck me the most was their body language, the negativity just before the 2nd half, as if they didn’t believe in each other, mentally they didn’t have it them for the fight, their 1-0 down on the night , one goal would have changed everything, but didn’t believe they could get it, so when Gini thundered in that second, and then ‘That’ header they were done, the Trent & Divock double act was just the icing on the cake,

For me it isn’t just the beating we gave them that night, that’s going to haunt them every time they meet us in the CL, until they impose a defeat on us, so I hope we meet them again this season in the Semi’s, because mentally we’re already a goal up, without kicking a ball.

1, 2, 3  Barca, My Arse !

YNWA

Well said. What their manager said at the break was exactly right . We just need to score a goal. We all knew it could come undone if they got behind us but between that lack of belief you mention, Alisson, our hard-working side and Anfield, it just wasn't happening .

Then I watched just about every Liverpool video from the same night, and the Goal Rush program showing all our league goals so far this season. Ready for the season to resume.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,364 posts | 2203 
      Reply #3820: Feb 09, 2020 01:19:55 pm
      Comes to something when even Shakira and her kids unhappiness, those three priests and finally the shellshocked look slapped all over the couple of players interviewed brings a little smirk.

remember that 24 hrs earlier that's what we all looked like after Kompany got the winner against Leicester. What a roller coaster of emotions that 24hrs was.
      Tayls

• 5,133 posts | 393 
      Reply #3821: Feb 09, 2020 01:24:06 pm
      Yeah cheers lads, watched it and loved it.

As Billy said I was struck by just how shell shocked they looked even at half time. Obviously they had the ghost of the Roma game hanging over them but it looked like they'd already lost at 1-0. No doubt it has left a permanent scar on their club which isn't going to heal anytime soon.

Anyway, brilliant insight, thanks all for bringing my attention to it.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,134 posts | 4214 
      Reply #3822: Feb 09, 2020 01:27:43 pm
      Top of the league by 22 points and it seems to be a license for every former player to voice an opinion. Kaka a hugely admired player commenting on how this is a one of season for Liverpool completely ignoring the fact we lost one game last season and got to 97 points.
      I cant wait for the moment the Raf blows his whistle and we are crowned League Champions 2019/20. After that they can say what they want we will all be too pissed to care
      sms1986
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 480 posts | 183 
      Reply #3823: Feb 09, 2020 02:00:06 pm

As Billy said I was struck by just how shell shocked they looked even at half time. Obviously they had the ghost of the Roma game hanging over them but it looked like they'd already lost at 1-0. No doubt it has left a permanent scar on their club which isn't going to heal anytime soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=858lgqxny-g
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 23,953 posts | 3150 
      Reply #3824: Feb 09, 2020 03:32:22 pm

With the Roma result still in their minds & knowing what we are about at Anfield on a European night under the floodlights Barca lost the return leg when they boarded the coach to Anfield..

Quick Reply