Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

We are top of the league!

Read 422836 times
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Still Top!
      Reply #46: Dec 14, 2008 05:56:09 pm
      We've gotten away with it again lads! The chavs slipped up at home to the chavs from East London. Well made up for that! This seems to be going quite well for us at the moment!

Imagine if we had beaten those teams at home though! We'd be 10 points clear at least, but top of the table we can't ask for more! :)
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Still Top!
      Reply #47: Dec 14, 2008 05:59:06 pm
      We can't keep doing this, we need to be able to finish teams off when it matters.

Still, now's a time to celebrate - where's the cherryade?!
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #48: Dec 14, 2008 06:01:10 pm
      God/allah/buddha really want us to get the 19th this season.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #49: Dec 14, 2008 06:02:47 pm
      Yey!!! Still top!!!!!!! I love it!!!

Now lets win at the Emirates and stay there.
      Wash-Ngog
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 80 posts | 15 
      Reply #50: Dec 14, 2008 06:04:12 pm
      I think the press and well known football pundits are digging themselves a very large hole by the week..............

By their logic......none of the top four are showing that they are able to mount a serious challenge for the Premiership!

Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal have all failed to see off opposition that are in the bottom half of the table over the weekend and all of a sudden our 2 - 2 draw with Hull doesn't seem as bad as most of us thought.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #51: Dec 14, 2008 06:05:18 pm
      Everyone happy now!

The chavs slipped up at home to the chavs from East London.

Thats a lot of chavs - got to be honest here guv! can't stand the word chav, would prefer to call them cockney cants!

Anyway most chelsea fans these days are rich snooty, posh fuckers who think the game makes them look cool when they go into the office on a monday morning.

Right rant over - let the singing begin: WE'RE THE GREATEST TEAM IN EUROPE AND WE'RE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE!
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #52: Dec 14, 2008 06:05:31 pm
      We just got a HUGE favour from Zola. Got out of jail once more.
      If we didn't have all of those crap results at Anfield, though, we'd be well up there. We can't keep this going.
      But for now, it's celebration time.
      jonnylfc88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 265 posts |
      Reply #53: Dec 14, 2008 06:06:06 pm
      The Hammers dug in for us there, chuffed about that! Still top, frustrating that we couldn't be further ahead but whose to say if we'd won yesterday, the chavs would've won today and then no difference! Just got to be pleased we are where we are now! Gotta perform at the emirates, no easy feat but if we want it enough we'll produce the goods, i have faith!
      Wash-Ngog
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 80 posts | 15 
      Reply #54: Dec 14, 2008 06:07:47 pm
      Chelsea have just had a crap result at home to West Ham.....Arsenal had a poor result away to Boro and Man Utd would have expected to be able to see off Spurs at White Hart Lane.

Surely the league would look pretty much the same way it does now if we were all winning our games we expected to....all the top four would just be +9 or 10 points each.

Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #55: Dec 14, 2008 06:09:00 pm
      Oh.. To be a hammer for a day... hahaha.. I live around the corner from Upton Park as it goes.. That game was tense to watch though..
      Anyway.. Enough of watching these other teams slip up, Its time we found some proper form.. Bring on the Arse!!
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #56: Dec 14, 2008 06:09:38 pm
      Great result...now just imagine the frustration being experienced at Chelsea, having witnessed all their rivals drawing yet being unable to capitalise and go top.
      Just another example of how tough and unpredictable the Prem League actually is.

We still top and loving it!!!! Long may it continue  ;D
      KOPMKD
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts |
      Reply #57: Dec 14, 2008 06:10:04 pm
      F**k off,Chelsi FC,we still have Craig Bellamy ;D
      I watched the whole game live,brave performance by West Ham,thay should finished them in 92 min,but it's OK this way,we are still the leaders,waiting for NANDO'S comeback.
      Stamford bridge felt down under the RED's pressure,so it's not that save place for the Blues anymore,is it?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #58: Dec 14, 2008 06:11:36 pm
      Unbelievable let off for us.

Just a shame that we couldn't have really put some distance between us and the rest.  If we would have had Torres I would say we would have at least a 6 point gap by now.

Let's beat the Arsenal and stay top for Christmas!
      Amit
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #59: Dec 14, 2008 06:21:14 pm
      4 games ago we were 2ND place, since then we lost 6 points out of 12, and now we're one point clear at the top. has the league gone mental? (not that I'm complaining)
      northennutta
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 87 posts | -2 
      Reply #60: Dec 14, 2008 06:34:33 pm
      Football is so stressful, drew yday 2 points dropped was gutted an dissapointed, chelsea draw today and for a few minutes im elated wer still top, instantly replaced wit wat if we had won yday wud be more points clear have a cushion!!
      no matter what our lads do we always want more from them! we dont wana turn into the arsenal fans booing our own players!
      in all the darknes we see players we know are class 4 us slippin up but what about players who looked weaker??
      at the beggining of the season i was hatin dossena thought rafa was mad but look at him gettin better and better each game rli givin us movement on the left.
      in rafa we trust and for a reason!!
      top of the league and hopefully going to stay! no team will draw us an expect a win they can only hope it! nd we wont give in!
      this league could be ours this season and i rekon it will, i have faith!
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #61: Dec 14, 2008 06:54:43 pm
      There is someone out there looking after us how many chances do we need . After yesterday i thought we wood be sat in second place tonight ......How the hell are we still top ........................ ..............Answers on a post card .....
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #62: Dec 14, 2008 07:24:27 pm
      at the beggining of the season I was hatin dossena thought rafa was mad but look at him gettin better and better each game rli givin us movement on the left.

You are a nutter, aren't you? Dossena was getting better but seems to have slipped up again. He was getting better, but still not Liverpool quality.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #63: Dec 14, 2008 07:26:13 pm
      well lady luck continues for liiverpool keep praying. very interesting stats, all the big four drew this weekend. the other weekend none of the big four scored.looks as though the other three are in the same boat as liverpool. well lady luck  can win us the title just pray and believe
      northennutta
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 87 posts | -2 
      Reply #64: Dec 14, 2008 07:32:10 pm
      You are a nutter, aren't you? Dossena was getting better but seems to have slipped up again. He was getting better, but still not Liverpool quality.

yea he slipped up yea he still aint quality still not lpool material but rafa believes hes got it and will come through. in a nut shell i dnt rekon he can cut it but rafa trusts him nd i trust rafa! im willin to give him a chance im gonna support him and any other lpool player as long as he wears that shirt!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #65: Dec 14, 2008 07:36:22 pm
      How the hell are we still top? It wasn't due to Rafa's cunning team selection I know. For the last 3 seasons, we have been off the pace by perhaps 6 or 8 points when the top two or three either lost or drew. Just when we thought we could make up ground, we would do the same. Now the boot is on the other foot although I'd be a lot happier if we had that 6 or 8 point cushion.  Still worried, it won't go on like this for ever and we need to hit top form soon, and start stuffing teams and pulling away from the rest. Maybe, just Maybe....
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #66: Dec 14, 2008 07:53:44 pm
      I am enjoying it ,it doesn't matter how we are there, we are ,end off.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #67: Dec 14, 2008 07:56:08 pm
      I got to say it just because it makes me happy after todays result ,we are top of the league to stay.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #68: Dec 14, 2008 08:19:03 pm
      How? How is this possible we are still on top?

Quick Reply