Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

We are top of the league!

Read 422831 times
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #1127: Sep 25, 2018 09:24:23 am
      I expect our 100% start to the season to come to an end in the next few weeks but hopefully we can still remain unbeaten in that period. Four points in our next two league games would be sensational.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1128: Sep 25, 2018 09:29:30 am
      I expect our 100% start to the season to come to an end in the next few weeks but hopefully we can still remain unbeaten in that period. Four points in our next two league games would be sensational.

I think that we can beat Chelsea on current form but unless the forwards really click back into top gear then City might be a bit tricky although we should still be able to get a draw against them.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1129: Sep 25, 2018 10:27:53 am

That’s the spirit...
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1130: Sep 25, 2018 10:48:28 am
      I think it will be a draw in the league against Chelsea, but then we beat Napoli and draw against Man City in the next game.
      Then go on a winning streak against Huddersfield, Red Star and Cardiff..
      We will be top of the league and top of the group stage in CL still.
      Basically, take 8/12 in league and 6/6 in CL.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1131: Sep 25, 2018 10:51:43 am
      I think that we can beat Chelsea on current form but unless the forwards really click back into top gear then City might be a bit tricky although we should still be able to get a draw against them.
      We can, but a draw at Stamford Bridge is likely. Beating Chelsea on their own turf is tricky as well.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #1132: Sep 25, 2018 11:18:19 am
      Just happy to take one game at a time here.

Get through on Wednesday, then rock up at Chav House on Saturday and tackle that challenge
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #1133: Sep 25, 2018 12:58:28 pm
      F***ing hell la.

Reading some of the F***ing drivel in here you'd be thinking this is a thread to top yourself not one to enjoy the fact that we're top of League.

Well I'd like to join in with the miserable cu*ts but I really can't where Liverpool is concerned.

So I'll enjoy the fact that we are top. I'll predict that we'll beat Chelsea and City (and everyone after that). And I'll leave the supporting the other clubs to others.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #1134: Sep 25, 2018 01:24:20 pm
      F***ing hell la.

Reading some of the f**king drivel in here you'd be thinking this is a thread to top yourself not one to enjoy the fact that we're top of League.

Well I'd like to join in with the miserable cu*ts but I really can't where Liverpool is concerned.

So I'll enjoy the fact that we are top. I'll predict that we'll beat Chelsea and City (and everyone after that). And I'll leave the supporting the other clubs to others.

You are the best fan in the world. And you are right we will win the league by winning all of our 38 league games this season.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #1135: Sep 25, 2018 01:29:50 pm
      You are the best fan in the world.

I know.

And you are right we will win the league by winning all of our 38 league games this season.

And I know that to.

Very insightful post. Now maybe you can return to your desire to see Liverpool dropping points.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1136: Sep 25, 2018 02:13:43 pm
      I know.

And I know that to.

Very insightful post. Now maybe you can return to your desire to see Liverpool dropping points.
      You are a bit sarcastic here. It's like you expect us to not drop points all season.  We won't finish the season with a perfect 114 points. We can win the league with 100 points. It's not a desire to drop points, it's more an expectation. If Liverpool take 6 from both Chelsea and Man City, great.. but realistically we won't. I back us to stay unbeaten, but some draws against top sides are inevitable.
      « Last Edit: Sep 25, 2018 02:18:45 pm by Ribapuru »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #1137: Sep 25, 2018 02:19:27 pm

F***ing wopper, how far off unqualified support is that?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #1138: Sep 25, 2018 02:23:11 pm
      You are a bit sarcastic here. It's like you expect us to not drop points all season.  We won't finish the season with a perfect 114 points. We can win the league with 100 points. It's not a desire to drop points, it's more an expectation. If Liverpool take 6 from both Chelsea and Man City, great.. but realistically we won't. I back us to stay unbeaten, but some draws against top sides are inevitable.

A refusal to contemplate dropping points is all that matters.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #1139: Sep 25, 2018 04:56:48 pm
      Wow, some people need to get off their high horse.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #1140: Sep 25, 2018 04:57:00 pm
      I know.

And I know that to.

My desire is not for Liverpool to drop points. I am being a realist. And if you'd like to join the rest of us in reality that would be great.

I think a lot of Liverpool fans would see four points out of six in two games against our closest title rivals as an excellent return.

Can we win both? Absolutely. Would drawing one and winning one be a good return? Yes. 

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #1141: Sep 25, 2018 05:02:41 pm
      Quote from heimdall

We've won our last 6 home games against City, and our last 4 games overall. (Yes, I am counting the win in New York, the first of the current 11 in a row)

What are you scared of? We'll hockey them again at home, and take it from there.

The amount of people bricking it, because they all said City would walk the league again in pre season, is mad.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1142: Sep 25, 2018 06:31:20 pm
      I mentioned in a post not so long ago that i felt that we have a 'fear factor' about us and sides facing us have to change their normal style of play,
      Take Spuds, they were fu**ed before the ref blew at the start cos they knew mentally they wouldn't win,
      Poch knew it, Kane knew it and so did their sh*t fans, why ?
      Because they were f***in shitting themselves at having to play us, never mind Harry being out of sorts, or Trippier too tired, F**k off, their athletes, fit as the proverbial butchers dog, body language is everything and they oozed fear that game,

I believe other sides will be similar,  including City cos they know for sure we can beat them, 3/4 last season but like them we are even better, i dont fear anyone domestically or in Europe, but others fear us, that's a Fact !!

We're top, and in all honesty i think we will take some shifting, back in the day we held the same fear over teams especially at Anfield, and that in itself brings about a certain feeling of invincibility, good news is that Klopp will keep us grounded and not get carried away,
      We have a two point gap at the moment and i can see us extend that against both Chavs & City,

We're not at full kilter as yet but signs are very good, we can rest players while retaining fluidity, and that ppl is one hell of a advantage, out of the 4 challenges the league cup has the least prestige but we should want to win it as much as any trophy,  especially if it gets that f***in Monkey off yer back,
      So i reckon Klopp will go all out for the kill against Chavs and take us a step nearer getting some Tin !!

YNWA

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1143: Sep 25, 2018 07:50:08 pm
      F***ing hell la.

Reading some of the F***ing drivel in here you'd be thinking this is a thread to top yourself not one to enjoy the fact that we're top of League.

Hahaha I love the no nonsense Toxteth approach ;)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #1144: Sep 25, 2018 09:04:46 pm

Me sarcastic? You clearly don't know me that well because sarcasm is the lowest form of wit and I'm far too educated to realise that this forum consists of some real F***ing dimwits who wouldn't understand it and yes I do include you in that.

It's like you expect us to not drop points all season.

You've been on this forum how long? And you've only just twigged on that I don't expect us to drop any points. Hence why I include you in the dimwit category. I go into every game fully expecting Liverpool to win. Why? Because we're the biggest F***ing club in the world.

We won't finish the season with a perfect 114 points.

You're one of those who can tell the future. Sound. And you know what, you may even be right. In fact it's almost certain that you are. But almost is certain enough. So while it's possible, you can bet every F***ing penny you own that I'm gonna expect us to achieve it.

We can win the league with 100 points.

Wonderful analysis.

It's not a desire to drop points, it's more an expectation.

So you expect Liverpool not to win. Sound. That's the difference between you and I. I expect my club to win because I believe my club are better than anyone else. You expect us to drop points because you're a miserable c**t who would rather big up other clubs than the one it proclaims to support.

If Liverpool take 6 from both Chelsea and Man City, great

Only great? The way you and your miserable crew are going on, you'd think it'd be the biggest achievement in world football. And it wouldn't be great for you because you'd have nothing to sulk about. Though I'm sure you'd find something. You'd then sit there and go "these are the sort of games we do well in, it'll be a bigger test for us against Huddersfield and Cardiff"

Do you really wanna talk about realism? Because if you knew anything about this club you'd know we defy realism on a F***ing constant basis. Realistically after two of the biggest tragedies in football history Liverpool Football Club should of been, realistically, down and out and yet both times we won the League the following year. After the biggest defect in a European Cup final at half time, Liverpool Football Club, realistically, should of lost but we turned it around for the biggest F***ing party known to any Scouser. When the greatest manager in the world resigned in 1974, Liverpool Football Club should of, realistically, fell apart but instead we went on to be even better with an even better manager. When that great manager left Liverpool Football Club should of, realistically, fell apart but instead we went on and won the unrealistic treble in 1984. Then our third consecutive great manager leaves and realistically that should of seen the end of our dominance, especially given we were using a player-manager which hardly works yet for Liverpool Football Club we done our first, and to date, only League and FA Cup double. And then during that our greatest ever goalscorer leaves to play in Italy and realistically that should be impossible to replace but once again Liverpool Football Club defy realism and recreate themselves with their greatest ever side. Liverpool Football Club achieve a second unrealistic treble in 2001. Liverpool Football Club let the best player in Europe go in 1977, which in the world of realism should spell the end for the club but being the club we are, we defy realism. We replace the best player in Europe with an even better one called Kenny Dalglish.

So here's a word of advice, shove your F***ing realism up your arse. And as long as that's up there you might be able to stop talking through it then.

I back us to stay unbeaten, but some draws against top sides are inevitable.

Top sides like Everton, Watford, Burnley, Stoke, Newcastle and West Brom? Because we drew with all them last year despite them realistically being games we should of won.

My desire is not for Liverpool to drop points.

Nah it clearly is. Even more so now so you can come on here with the "I told you so" bollocks.

Nah you're a tit. Don't confuse the two. Because as I've just pointed out to that other tit, realism doesn't really go well with my club.

And if you'd like to join the rest of us in reality that would be great.

If your reality is expecting and wanting Liverpool to drop points then I'll stay in mine. Because in my reality, the realism of a fan is to support their club. In your reality, your realism is to big up everybody else but the club your proclaim to support.

I think a lot of Liverpool fans would see four points out of six in two games against our closest title rivals as an excellent return.

Nah they wouldn't. People who say they support Liverpool might see it that way but actual fans would see it as two points dropped because we're Liverpool Football Club.

Except you don't want us to. You're secretly hoping for two defeats so you can write us off completely then.

Would drawing one and winning one be a good return? Yes. 

Nah it wouldn't. It'd be two points dropped.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1145: Sep 25, 2018 10:51:01 pm
      Because we're the biggest f**king club in the world.
      We aren't. In the last decade all we've won is a league cup. We need to win real trophies before we can make those kind of claims. Not 2nd, have to be champions.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1146: Sep 25, 2018 11:00:36 pm
      We aren't. In the last decade all we've won is a league cup. We need to win real trophies before we can make those kind of claims. Not 2nd, have to be champions.

you do know this club existed before you gave it your blessing and in our 126 years we have HISTORY that means we are the best club in the world
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #1147: Sep 25, 2018 11:04:58 pm

Right, this is the last time I'll bother with you because anybody claiming to be a Liverpool fan who doesn't believe that we're the biggest club in the world is not worthy of my time. Or any other fan's time for that matter.

You're a F***ing disgrace.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1148: Sep 25, 2018 11:10:42 pm
      Right, this is the last time I'll bother with you because anybody claiming to be a Liverpool fan who doesn't believe that we're the biggest club in the world is not worthy of my time. Or any other fan's time for that matter.

You're a f**king disgrace.

he does have a devotee following him around giving him a plus one. I just watched highlights of our Semi final of the European Cup just after winning the FA Cup in 65 just incredible times when your talking of generations of families watching Liverpool for over 100 years that's history and then we have to accept some gobs***e telling us no we aren't special .
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1149: Sep 25, 2018 11:51:37 pm

The Red Juggernaut is rolling.
      You can either enjoy the ride or jump off.

Quick Reply