Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

We are top of the league!

Read 423029 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #1150: Sep 26, 2018 12:10:18 am
      Right, this is the last time I'll bother with you because anybody claiming to be a Liverpool fan who doesn't believe that we're the biggest club in the world is not worthy of my time. Or any other fan's time for that matter.

You're a f**king disgrace.

From a Liverpool fans point of view of course we are always the biggest club in the world, from a neutral point of view we obviously aren't any more in terms of profit, fan base or success, but we might be again, we are certainly heading in the right direction.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #1151: Sep 26, 2018 12:19:33 am
      From a Liverpool fans point of view of course we are always the biggest club in the world, from a neutral point of view we obviously aren't any more in terms of profit, fan base or success, but we might be again, we are certainly heading in the right direction.

This is a Liverpool forum. The post was made by a, supposed, Liverpool fan. So my point stands. A Liverpool fan who doesn't believe we're the biggest club in the world is not worthy of my time and therefore, in my opinion, a disgrace.

And you're trying to defend the indefensible.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1152: Sep 26, 2018 12:42:23 am
      Right, this is the last time I'll bother with you because anybody claiming to be a Liverpool fan who doesn't believe that we're the biggest club in the world is not worthy of my time. Or any other fan's time for that matter.

Dunlop, I think you are crazy. We are a great team, so are Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Buyern Munich, Man City etc... We are doing well, we might win a trophy this year... we might not.
      We are on a good run, but your opinion "best in the world" is just an opinion.
      My opinion is "with this new squad we might be one of the best in the world, we will see".
      Having a reserved opinion doesn't make me a disgrace fan, you are bat sh*t crazy.. that much is clear.
      To say there is only one team that shines above all overs is just arrogant. I don't particularly care for arrogance, I doubt Klopp would allow that kind of mentality in the dressing room either.
      « Last Edit: Sep 26, 2018 12:46:26 am by Ribapuru »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1153: Sep 26, 2018 12:54:37 am
      The Red Juggernaut is rolling.
      You can either enjoy the ride or jump off.
      I am enjoying each game, I am grateful for every win.
      Every game in the league and champions league should be like a cup final!
      We need to try hard in every game and have confidence, but not the arrogance that makes us complacent.
      We are title contenders in both CL and PL. As are other teams, it just happens we have a better chance of the titles this year than last year, but it is too early to make a judgement like "Best in the world" after 7 games.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1154: Sep 26, 2018 01:22:22 am

Do you really wanna talk about realism? Because if you knew anything about this club you'd know we defy realism on a f**king constant basis. Realistically after two of the biggest tragedies in football history Liverpool Football Club should of been, realistically, down and out and yet both times we won the League the following year. After the biggest defect in a European Cup final at half time, Liverpool Football Club, realistically, should of lost but we turned it around for the biggest f**king party known to any Scouser. When the greatest manager in the world resigned in 1974, Liverpool Football Club should of, realistically, fell apart but instead we went on to be even better with an even better manager. When that great manager left Liverpool Football Club should of, realistically, fell apart but instead we went on and won the unrealistic treble in 1984. Then our third consecutive great manager leaves and realistically that should of seen the end of our dominance, especially given we were using a player-manager which hardly works yet for Liverpool Football Club we done our first, and to date, only League and FA Cup double. And then during that our greatest ever goalscorer leaves to play in Italy and realistically that should be impossible to replace but once again Liverpool Football Club defy realism and recreate themselves with their greatest ever side. Liverpool Football Club achieve a second unrealistic treble in 2001. Liverpool Football Club let the best player in Europe go in 1977, which in the world of realism should spell the end for the club but being the club we are, we defy realism. We replace the best player in Europe with an even better one called Kenny Dalglish.

So here's a word of advice, shove your f**king realism up your arse. And as long as that's up there you might be able to stop talking through it then.

If your reality is expecting and wanting Liverpool to drop points then I'll stay in mine. Because in my reality, the realism of a fan is to support their club. In your reality, your realism is to big up everybody else but the club your proclaim to support.

Nah they wouldn't. People who say they support Liverpool might see it that way but actual fans would see it as two points dropped because we're Liverpool Football Club.

Except you don't want us to. You're secretly hoping for two defeats so you can write us off completely then.

Nah it wouldn't. It'd be two points dropped.

My Reality as well .  +1

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1155: Sep 26, 2018 05:11:48 am
      This is peak forum banter that there's arguments in a thread titled "WE'RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!"

F***ing get the F**k in and worry about dropped points IF they come. Right now we're more F***ing perfect than Jennifer Lawrence at the Oscars so up the never gonna F***ing lose again in my lifetime and I bloody well believe it Reds.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1156: Sep 26, 2018 07:18:44 am
      The Red Juggernaut is rolling.
      You can either enjoy the ride or jump off.

Surely there must be a get run over option  ;)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1157: Sep 26, 2018 07:32:24 am
      Yes we are.....oh no we’re not.....;D.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1158: Sep 26, 2018 08:04:35 am
      Surely there must be a get run over option  ;)
      Very funny Bananaman
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1159: Sep 26, 2018 08:18:48 am
      Looking at the macro level it’s hard to say ‘we’ll win every game’ as it’s a long season, it’s never been done etc.

Once the lens switches to the micro and it’s gameday I think ‘we’re going to smash em’ every single time! I want to predicti 4-0 for every game in the prediction league the day before the match. So my confidence of victory seems to go in peaks and troughs depending on how much time it is until we kick off.

So looking from afar it’s hard to say with confidence we’ll win every game, but when it’s 10 mins to kick off I feel you can pick an 11 out of every other team on the planet and we’ll still smash them 4-0
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #1160: Sep 27, 2018 09:10:18 am
      Me sarcastic? You clearly don't know me that well because sarcasm is the lowest form of wit and I'm far too educated to realise that this forum consists of some real f**king dimwits who wouldn't understand it and yes I do include you in that.

You've been on this forum how long? And you've only just twigged on that I don't expect us to drop any points. Hence why I include you in the dimwit category. I go into every game fully expecting Liverpool to win. Why? Because we're the biggest f**king club in the world.

You're one of those who can tell the future. Sound. And you know what, you may even be right. In fact it's almost certain that you are. But almost is certain enough. So while it's possible, you can bet every f**king penny you own that I'm gonna expect us to achieve it.

Wonderful analysis.

So you expect Liverpool not to win. Sound. That's the difference between you and I. I expect my club to win because I believe my club are better than anyone else. You expect us to drop points because you're a miserable c**t who would rather big up other clubs than the one it proclaims to support.

Only great? The way you and your miserable crew are going on, you'd think it'd be the biggest achievement in world football. And it wouldn't be great for you because you'd have nothing to sulk about. Though I'm sure you'd find something. You'd then sit there and go "these are the sort of games we do well in, it'll be a bigger test for us against Huddersfield and Cardiff"

Do you really wanna talk about realism? Because if you knew anything about this club you'd know we defy realism on a f**king constant basis. Realistically after two of the biggest tragedies in football history Liverpool Football Club should of been, realistically, down and out and yet both times we won the League the following year. After the biggest defect in a European Cup final at half time, Liverpool Football Club, realistically, should of lost but we turned it around for the biggest f**king party known to any Scouser. When the greatest manager in the world resigned in 1974, Liverpool Football Club should of, realistically, fell apart but instead we went on to be even better with an even better manager. When that great manager left Liverpool Football Club should of, realistically, fell apart but instead we went on and won the unrealistic treble in 1984. Then our third consecutive great manager leaves and realistically that should of seen the end of our dominance, especially given we were using a player-manager which hardly works yet for Liverpool Football Club we done our first, and to date, only League and FA Cup double. And then during that our greatest ever goalscorer leaves to play in Italy and realistically that should be impossible to replace but once again Liverpool Football Club defy realism and recreate themselves with their greatest ever side. Liverpool Football Club achieve a second unrealistic treble in 2001. Liverpool Football Club let the best player in Europe go in 1977, which in the world of realism should spell the end for the club but being the club we are, we defy realism. We replace the best player in Europe with an even better one called Kenny Dalglish.

So here's a word of advice, shove your f**king realism up your arse. And as long as that's up there you might be able to stop talking through it then.

Top sides like Everton, Watford, Burnley, Stoke, Newcastle and West Brom? Because we drew with all them last year despite them realistically being games we should of won.

Nah it clearly is. Even more so now so you can come on here with the "I told you so" bollocks.

Nah you're a tit. Don't confuse the two. Because as I've just pointed out to that other tit, realism doesn't really go well with my club.

If your reality is expecting and wanting Liverpool to drop points then I'll stay in mine. Because in my reality, the realism of a fan is to support their club. In your reality, your realism is to big up everybody else but the club your proclaim to support.

Nah they wouldn't. People who say they support Liverpool might see it that way but actual fans would see it as two points dropped because we're Liverpool Football Club.

Except you don't want us to. You're secretly hoping for two defeats so you can write us off completely then.

Nah it wouldn't. It'd be two points dropped.

Reading everything there. All I feel is pity for you. You are obviously a very insecure person who likes to lash out and thinks they are ALWAYS right.

Reading through everyone's posts on this forum, I have never come across any Liverpool fan who wishes for us to drop points.

JD created a thread a while back that calculated what was required/would help in each game to come top four, challenge for title, etc. In that same thread - an away draw to a Chelsea or Man City, etc would be seen as a positive.

I absolutely want Liverpool to win every game but in my opinion and you can stay on your high horse if you want - 4 points in our next two league games would be very good.

« Last Edit: Sep 27, 2018 09:50:33 am by PGlynn91 »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1161: Sep 28, 2018 09:07:08 pm
      Reading everything there. All I feel is pity for you. You are obviously a very insecure person who likes to lash out and thinks they are ALWAYS right.

Reading through everyone's posts on this forum, I have never come across any Liverpool fan who wishes for us to drop points.

JD created a thread a while back that calculated what was required/would help in each game to come top four, challenge for title, etc. In that same thread - an away draw to a Chelsea or Man City, etc would be seen as a positive.

I absolutely want Liverpool to win every game but in my opinion and you can stay on your high horse if you want - 4 points in our next two league games would be very good.

Six points is the ideal, which is all the true supporter of LFC expects.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1162: Sep 29, 2018 08:21:35 am
      Big weekend of games, need to be on our game to make sure we are still at the top come the City game, don’t want to be going into that game a point behind them down in 3rd.

Let’s smash the Chavs and keep this topic well and truly alive!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1163: Oct 06, 2018 11:38:51 am

you do know this club existed before you gave it your blessing and in our 126 years we have HISTORY that means we are the best club in the world
      If we're the best club in the world, what happened against Napoli?
      In my opinion, there is no best. There's a lot of teams with a lot of history trying to compete. To say we're better than Barca, Munich, Madrid etc... is ridiculous. Madrid won CL around 15 times, there may be a time in the near future when we win our first premier league, then we'll take it from there. You guys look ridiculously foolish for the abuse given to level headed fans for not expecting to win every game.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1164: Oct 07, 2018 08:33:25 am
      If we're the best club in the world, what happened against Napoli?
      In my opinion, there is no best. There's a lot of teams with a lot of history trying to compete. To say we're better than Barca, Munich, Madrid etc... is ridiculous. Madrid won CL around 15 times, there may be a time in the near future when we win our first premier league, then we'll take it from there. You guys look ridiculously foolish for the abuse given to level headed fans for not expecting to win every game.

Thank fukc you were not around when we were in the old second division.I have always gone into every match expecting the MIGHTY REDS to win it and that has been the way it is for me from the time we won the league in 1947.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #1165: Oct 07, 2018 12:36:19 pm
      Thank fukc you were not around when we were in the old second division.I have always gone into every match expecting the MIGHTY REDS to win it and that has been the way it is for me from the time we won the league in 1947.

Wow, you must be the coolest guy in the nursing home if you've been going to games for 71 years and are computer literate too ;D
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1166: Oct 07, 2018 12:46:38 pm
      Today we play Man City. I have no expectations, but I will cheer us on of course. If we win I will be delighted, if we can't I'll understand because City are very hard. I'm realistic here. It doesn't mean either of us are wrong, but we do have different outlooks.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1167: Oct 07, 2018 01:24:44 pm

For me it's not about how long we have supported this team. I'm a bit of an old arse myself and go back to '61 ish. But I would never say that makes my opinion more relevant than a fan who supported us from last week.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1168: Oct 07, 2018 10:07:25 pm
      Wow, you must be the coolest guy in the nursing home if you've been going to games for 71 years and are computer literate too ;D

For your info I will be 80 tears old in December and I am certainly not in a nursing home.I first went to Anfield in 1947 when the original boys pen was in Kemlyn Road.Regarding computers the first one I bought was an I.B.M.with a 12inch monitor in 1989.And furthermore I still love Liverpool after all these years.
      « Last Edit: Oct 07, 2018 10:13:19 pm by Billy1 »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1169: Oct 07, 2018 10:12:38 pm
      For me it's not about how long we have supported this team. I'm a bit of an old arse myself and go back to '61 ish. But I would never say that makes my opinion more relevant than a fan who supported us from last week.

I don't think I said my opinion was more relevant than any other fans opinion.I was just pointing out that I had supported the REDS through thick and thin times.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1170: Oct 07, 2018 10:16:51 pm
      Didnt see much of todays game so wont comment but to be joint top unbeaten after 8 games of which 3 were city Chelsea  and spurs well think only the stubbornest of people would argue with that.

Key now is not to drop silly points against the teams we should be burying
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #1171: Oct 08, 2018 08:59:08 am
      My desire is not for Liverpool to drop points. I am being a realist. And if you'd like to join the rest of us in reality that would be great.

I think a lot of Liverpool fans would see four points out of six in two games against our closest title rivals as an excellent return.

Can we win both? Absolutely. Would drawing one and winning one be a good return? Yes. 

Sigh.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1172: Oct 08, 2018 10:40:27 am
      Didnt see much of todays game so wont comment but to be joint top unbeaten after 8 games of which 3 were city Chelsea  and spurs well think only the stubbornest of people would argue with that.

Key now is not to drop silly points against the teams we should be burying

I agree, we have 3 very winnable games now to pick up points and also get that attacking mojo back to improve the goal difference. It also gives a bit more time to integrate Keita, Fabinho and Shaquiri in less high pressure games.

Quick Reply