Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

We are top of the league!

Read 422838 times
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #1472: Dec 30, 2018 03:22:46 pm
      City 3-1 up now so we need to avoid defeat there on Thurs to maintain our healthy lead in the table
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #1473: Dec 30, 2018 04:19:43 pm
      City 3-1 up now so we need to avoid defeat there on Thurs to maintain our healthy lead in the table

Even if we lose we're still 4 points ahead. City has to play to win which plays in our hands. It's like we lead 1-0 from the beginning. Dream constellation for every coach, let alone our Godfather.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #1474: Dec 30, 2018 05:57:59 pm
      Even if we lose we're still 4 points ahead. City has to play to win which plays in our hands. It's like we lead 1-0 from the beginning. Dream constellation for every coach, let alone our Godfather.

It’s like a game in hand. And there’s pressure for city to win it all. They really do look vulnerable at times.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1475: Dec 30, 2018 08:47:42 pm
      What December has taught us is that we're a f**king good football team.

Now the challenge is to push on and keep the same intensity in the New Year.

What a December. Clean f**king sweep. Well done lads. Brilliant!

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1476: Dec 30, 2018 09:05:20 pm

Credit where credits due. Your still a c**t though.  :lmao:
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #1477: Dec 30, 2018 09:11:15 pm
      Brilliant December, btw you must be pleased with your own progress, Keith. Three wins on the bounce.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1478: Dec 30, 2018 09:21:24 pm
      Credit where credits due. Your still a c**t though.  :lmao:

If you want to talk to me, PM, you know how some bitches on here get.  :D

c**t.  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1479: Dec 30, 2018 09:28:21 pm
      If you want to talk to me, PM, you know how some bitches on here get.  :D

C**t.  ;D

Yeah they all wear rose tinted glasses with their opinions.  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1480: Dec 30, 2018 09:52:59 pm
      Brilliant December, btw you must be pleased with your own progress, Keith. Three wins on the bounce.

Well I suppose scoring 12 goals in 3 games is classed as progress even taking into consideration the weak teams we have played. I still think under Solskjaer the wrong move though. It's a quick fix but that is all.

Momentum in the camp is building and some moral back in order. However, listening to our caretaker manager he just doesn't give me any confidants, his ability to defend looks rather wayward to say the least. Granted he's making the lads go forward with the ball more instead of us back passing on a regular bases under Mourinho. It's quite a refreshing change playing what used to be called the United way.

What does piss me off though is players playing for themselves rather than the team. None more so than my favourite player  Pogba.  :f_steam: It's blatantly obviously he down tools for Mourhino. You can argue Mourhino only had himself to blame due to his record with Chavs and often calling his players in public rather than the professional way which we all know is behind closed doors.

Still, it's better than it was and not so depressing anymore. Im under no illusions though, it's going to be very very hard to get back to the top looking the way you lads and City are playing if you rule out Decembers form for City.

All the best for the New Year David.

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #1481: Dec 30, 2018 10:56:08 pm

Well I suppose scoring 12 goals in 3 games is classed as progress even taking into consideration the weak teams we have played. I still think under Solskjaer the wrong move though. It's a quick fix but that is all.

Momentum in the camp is building and some moral back in order. However, listening to our caretaker manager he just doesn't give me any confidants, his ability to defend looks rather wayward to say the least. Granted he's making the lads go forward with the ball more instead of us back passing on a regular bases under Mourinho. It's quite a refreshing change playing what used to be called the United way.

What does piss me off though is players playing for themselves rather than the team. None more so than my favourite player  Pogba.  :f_steam: It's blatantly obviously he down tools for Mourhino. You can argue Mourhino only had himself to blame due to his record with Chavs and often calling his players in public rather than the professional way which we all know is behind closed doors.

Still, it's better than it was and not so depressing anymore. Im under no illusions though, it's going to be very very hard to get back to the top looking the way you lads and City are playing if you rule out Decembers form for City.

an beat
      Wish you all the best too Keith, hope that the Reds can beat City on Thursday, and actually win a title after so long ! cheers anyway.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #1482: Dec 31, 2018 10:15:23 am
      Lets put aside the last match, we did really well, a big applaude to the lads. But that ain't enough to win us the league. Long way to go, starting with City. It will be a do or die match for City and they know that. Lets quickly regroup, stay 100% focus and see how to counter City. They are no mugs but just a blip, they are still a very strong contender for the title. If we could sustain the momentum, we will be in very good position for the final lap when Gomez and Ox back in the team.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1483: Dec 31, 2018 10:39:11 am

Super month..

However its over and we cant live off it. We now need a good January to build on what we done in December.

Onwards and upwards reds
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1484: Dec 31, 2018 10:53:36 am
      We look comfortable but the difference between winning and losing Thursday is being 4 points or 10 points clear of City after the game, so I really hope we don’t go in too relaxed, 10 points pretty much gives you 3 or 4 chances to F**k up the rest of the season, which would be huge!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1485: Dec 31, 2018 11:40:08 am

I agree, it must be bloody annoying to have so many players who basically put in minimum effort as long as Maureen was in charge, but now are suddenly reborn, that to me is like a big 2 finger salute to all the paying fans. Even when it was going tits up under Brendan Rodgers I never has the feeling that the players were giving anything less than 100% effort, it was just a case of some bad signings and iffy tactics etc.
      I think Ole has had an incredibly easy set of games, but he admits that himself, the real test will be in the next 2 games, Newcastle and Spurs, win those convincingly and you may well be bale to rescue the season, but I still think you have a crap defence although lots of talent in midfield and attack.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1486: Dec 31, 2018 11:45:53 am
      We look comfortable but the difference between winning and losing Thursday is being 4 points or 10 points clear of City after the game, so I really hope we don’t go in too relaxed, 10 points pretty much gives you 3 or 4 chances to f**k up the rest of the season, which would be huge!

I have a feeling that the match on Thursday might be as tight and tense as the one at Anfield with neither side wanting to lose. I'd happily take a draw at the moment and I suspect Citeh would as well.
      Having said that they are beatable, I have noticed that they have become very reliant on Sterling this season, with a lot of attacks going through him, I think if we can stifle him, which we have done in almost every game, then we can gain an advantage plus their defence is not up to our level, nor is their keeper.
      Will be a very interesting game with Citeh torn between attack and trying not to lose.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1487: Dec 31, 2018 11:50:05 am
      I'd take draw right now
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1488: Dec 31, 2018 11:50:05 am

I think Ole has had an incredibly easy set of games, but he admits that himself, the real test will be in the next 2 games, Newcastle and Spurs, win those convincingly and you may well be bale to rescue the season, but I still think you have a crap defence although lots of talent in midfield and attack.

Not so sure I agree with Newcastle but most definitely Spurs. I don't think we can make top four though, that's  asking to much but great if we can. Defensively yes we still have problems there. Need a good Janaury transfer window.  :D

Happy New Year mate.   
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #1489: Dec 31, 2018 12:23:47 pm
      So, if come May we're still here, when would be the best time to come over for the celebrations in the lovely city of Liverpool?

Never too early to start preparing 😊
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1490: Dec 31, 2018 12:29:09 pm
      So, if come May we're still here, when would be the best time to come over for the celebrations in the lovely city of Liverpool?

Never too early to start preparing 😊

from the moment the final whistle goes and the title is ours the biggest party the City has ever seen will start and go on until the Parade and then probably go on for days after
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      Reply #1491: Dec 31, 2018 12:37:11 pm
      from the moment the final whistle goes and the title is ours the biggest party the City has ever seen will start and go on until the Parade and then probably go on for days after

I would love it to be there for the parade. Given our last game of the season is at home vs Wolves on the 12th of May on a Sunday, any ideas when would the parade be happening?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #1492: Dec 31, 2018 01:16:14 pm
      I would love it to be there for the parade. Given our last game of the season is at home vs Wolves on the 12th of May on a Sunday, any ideas when would the parade be happening?

It's difficult to say when the parade will be at this point because they'll have to hold off until the FA Cup and European Cup are over with as we'll be in both finals of those competitions as well, with the FA Cup final on the 18th May and the European Cup one not until the 1st June. So the actual parade could be the 2nd of June, if it's like 2005 where they have it the day after we win old Big Ears again. I can't see the council allowing more than one homecoming, so they'll have us parade all three around the city in one go rather than one for the League and then another one for all three.

I hope they do some the route as 2005 because the fact that they went primarily to just three areas made the day even more enjoyable. Getting to actually soak it in and see the trophy rather than the 2001 treble homecoming when they just flew down the Dock Rd and it was all over within 10 seconds. 2005 was a night and an even better night than than us actually winning the European Cup in the first place because you could enjoy the entire day knowing we'd won.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      Reply #1493: Dec 31, 2018 01:27:50 pm
      It's difficult to say when the parade will be at this point because they'll have to hold off until the FA Cup and European Cup are over with as we'll be in both finals of those competitions as well, with the FA Cup final on the 18th May and the European Cup one not until the 1st June. So the actual parade could be the 2nd of June, if it's like 2005 where they have it the day after we win old Big Ears again. I can't see the council allowing more than one homecoming, so they'll have us parade all three around the city in one go rather than one for the League and then another one for all three.

I hope they do some the route as 2005 because the fact that they went primarily to just three areas made the day even more enjoyable. Getting to actually soak it in and see the trophy rather than the 2001 treble homecoming when they just flew down the Dock Rd and it was all over within 10 seconds. 2005 was a night and an even better night than than us actually winning the European Cup in the first place because you could enjoy the entire day knowing we'd won.

Cheers Billy mate, very helpful this. Especially for me, since I need to sort quite a few things up, if I try to make it there when we lift all them trophies.

Thanks again for the great response. Onwards and upwards we go!
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1494: Dec 31, 2018 05:06:45 pm
      Still feel like this.

Quick Reply