Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

We are top of the league!

Read 422897 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #1495: Dec 31, 2018 06:54:08 pm
      F**k... this scared me, all talking about the route of a parade 😳

Talk about count your chickens.
      Think I’ll just keep my head down, don’t wanna jinx it.

Although I have booked a hotel room me and my 2 lads for 11th & 12th of May 😁
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1496: Jan 01, 2019 01:28:30 pm
      here's a comforting thought. Win our remaining 9 homes games 27 points takes us to 81 points so I reckon 3 more away wins would get us very close to the title
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #1497: Jan 01, 2019 05:04:35 pm
      Quote from KateMKD_Red
      very helpful this. Especially for me, since I need to sort quite a few things up, if I try to make it there when we lift all them trophies.

Steady, steady.

There's 17 games to go after City away. Trips across the road and another trip to mancland to deal with, tough games at home to Spurs and Chelsea during the run in. Not to mention other competitions to go for as well.

I believe we will win the league, but we still have to go and win it. So it's premature at this stage to be planning parades. We don't need a formal parade though, a 12 month long celebration after winning it is perfectly acceptable.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #1498: Jan 01, 2019 10:01:34 pm
      F**k... this scared me, all talking about the route of a parade 😳

Talk about count your chickens.
      Think I’ll just keep my head down, don’t wanna jinx it.

Although I have booked a hotel room me and my 2 lads for 11th & 12th of May 😁

Steady, steady.

There's 17 games to go after City away. Trips across the road and another trip to mancland to deal with, tough games at home to Spurs and Chelsea during the run in. Not to mention other competitions to go for as well.

I believe we will win the league, but we still have to go and win it. So it's premature at this stage to be planning parades. We don't need a formal parade though, a 12 month long celebration after winning it is perfectly acceptable.

Gees gentlemen, untwist your knickers, please. A girl can surely dream and speak of it out loud.

I am aware that we still have a long way to go, not counting no chickens and not getting carried away. I am patient and behind my team. I've been patient since 1998. One game at a time, I've learned that of course. But I also believe. Istanbul thought me that.

And since we are top of the league, I'm simply enjoying it.

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #1499: Jan 03, 2019 08:20:03 am
      So let's enjoy it without planning parades. The kind of talk that opposition fans use to say things about us. They still say them about the welcomes the coach got in our last title run in.

Many of us, me included, have waited 29 years for the title to come home. So, we can wait another few months before the celebrations can begin. 
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1500: Jan 03, 2019 09:21:19 am
      Lots out there saying were bottlers etc..Lets shut them up and extend our lead at the top tonight
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1501: Jan 03, 2019 09:28:02 am
      Lots out there saying were bottlers etc..Lets shut them up and extend our lead at the top tonight

I saw someone saying both us AND Citeh are bottlers and others saying that we've bought the league, there is an awful lot of fuckwit's out there!
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #1502: Jan 03, 2019 09:31:31 am
      I seen something on Twitter about the rest of the Premier League should stop Liverpool from winning the league by loaning their stars (i.e Kane, Auba, Pogba, Hazard) to Citeh. Gotta love it, feels good to be getting under everyone's skin  ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1503: Jan 03, 2019 09:34:29 am
      I seen something on Twitter about the rest of the Premier League should stop Liverpool from winning the league by loaning their stars (i.e Kane, Auba, Pogba, Hazard) to Citeh. Gotta love it, feels good to be getting under everyone's skin  ;D

Bloody hell do other fans really not think we might deserve the league after 29 years, is their hatred really so deep?
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #1504: Jan 03, 2019 09:44:23 am

Loan whoever they want, they still wouldn’t have our front 3 or VVD, Allison and Robertson!
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #1505: Jan 03, 2019 09:56:57 am
       Regardless of tonight's result this thread will still be true, and we have opportunities in the next few games to rebuild and bigger gap.

Obviously hoping for a win tonight but I don't see a loss derailing all the hard work so far this season
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #1506: Jan 03, 2019 12:20:11 pm
      In all honesty, I couldn't care less what opposition fans have to say. Let them plastic, glory grabbing, money buying, FA manipulating cu*ts talk. They know where we are headed and they are scared and jelous. And that combo can turn anyone as bitter as an Evertonian.

I for one, won't give the right to anyone say we don't deserve this. And at this point, I'm not talking about winning titles, I'm talking about how great this team has developed, how our players and the Gaffer are enjoying our football, how we tear teams apart and how good we defend. Everything else will follow this. I won't give the right to anyone to show any disrespect to what we are doing, because WE KNOW how we got to this. We know how close we've been to success before and not getting it, we also know how close we've been to losing our club and making it through, we the LFC fans, know.

So in the coming months, if 'opposition fans' wanna talk to me with anything but respect about what we are doing, they can talk to my ass and suck it.

Onwards and upwards, let's continue our great season with another win tonight. Let's stuff City lads! COYMR!

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #1507: Jan 03, 2019 12:23:32 pm
      We're sitting comfortably top of the League, clear of any F***ing challenger and people still wanna F***ing cry like tarts.

Well as I said to Ian the other day, we're allowed to get carried away and we're allowed to F***ing dream because we're fans.

And I'm the type of fan who gets very excited by my club. I'm the type of fan who always bigs us up regardless of where we are in the League but when we're F***ing flying high like we are now, it's even easier to big us up. So yeah I'm gonna say we'll win the League (I have done every other year - F**k it's on this forum that I say it quite a lot).

And if I wanna get excited and plan the homecoming then I'm gonna do it because I'm gonna enjoy this ride for as long as I can.
      +10
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #1508: Jan 03, 2019 03:59:38 pm
      Will still be TOP of the league regardless of tonight’s result against city. 4 points clear or more regardless. What a luxury! Well done everyone. Let’s go out there and nail them tonight!
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #1509: Jan 03, 2019 04:24:26 pm
      Will still be TOP of the league regardless of tonight’s result against city. 4 points clear or more regardless. What a luxury! Well done everyone. Let’s go out there and nail them tonight!

That's why IMHO, there is no pressure on our shoulders tonight. Only to take the points, like in every game. We just have to play like we have all season, and take our chances.

It's never been a more exciting time to be a Red. (In my lifetime.)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1510: Jan 03, 2019 04:44:23 pm
      That's why IMHO, there is no pressure on our shoulders tonight. Only to take the points, like in every game. We just have to play like we have all season, and take our chances.

It's never been a more exciting time to be a Red. (In my lifetime.)

This just feels better or even right from the title run in of Rafa & Rodgers...

Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #1511: Jan 03, 2019 05:15:00 pm
      This just feels better or even right from the title run in of Rafa & Rodgers...

Yeah, it just feels like we belong there. Finally!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1512: Jan 03, 2019 09:43:08 pm
      If you'd asked me the day before we played Everton on 2nd December if I'd take us being 4 points clear at the top of the table with our goal difference around the same as City's when I woke up in the morning of the 4th January I'd have snapped your hand off. That's the worst case scenario tonight.

No matter what, when I wake up in the morning :

LIVERPOOL, TOP OF THE LEAGUE, LIVERPOOL, LIVERPOOL TOP OF THE LEAGUE
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1513: Jan 03, 2019 10:20:37 pm
      Nothings changed tonight
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #1514: Jan 03, 2019 10:41:56 pm
      Brighton away
      Palace home
      Leicester home
      West Ham away
      Bournemouth home

Chance to get back on another winning run before we go to toilet.

City got three easy games before back to back home games with Arsenal and Chelsea.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #1515: Jan 03, 2019 10:42:47 pm
      Brighton away
      Palace home
      Leicester home
      West Ham away
      Bournemouth home

Chance to get back on another winning run before we go to toilet

One game at a time for me . ;D
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1516: Jan 04, 2019 12:58:57 am
      Reality is we should win our next 5. We have a margin for error Citeh and Tottenham don’t. We are still in a great position
      My only worry is Citeh going on one of those mega runs they are capable of and winning 10 out of the next 11 or something
      « Last Edit: Jan 04, 2019 01:04:10 am by Alfie2510 »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1517: Jan 04, 2019 01:22:15 am
      Let’s hope Wolves can take a point from City again.

Quick Reply