Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

We are top of the league!

Read 427309 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,293 posts | 763 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #1656: Jan 24, 2019 09:45:45 am
      Frustrating, no game for nearly another week. No game this weekend owing to early exit of FA cup.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #1657: Jan 24, 2019 10:51:43 am
      Frustrating, no game for nearly another week. No game this weekend owing to early exit of FA cup.

Frustrating indeed but a blessing too as we have more time to prepare & recuperate for two important competitions..
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1658: Jan 24, 2019 01:06:24 pm
      I can see Rafa & the Geordies nicking a draw at the weekend, they have been playing much better of late.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #1659: Jan 24, 2019 01:23:09 pm
      I can see Rafa & the Geordies nicking a draw at the weekend

Tuesday night they play if you are referring to the Man City game.  And as much as I'd like to hope for some divine Rafa intervention, sadly his current team will not be able to help us out.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #1660: Jan 24, 2019 01:25:15 pm
      On another note I was really surprised to see Citeh start with 4-5 first team players yesterday, what a silly risk to take when you are 9-0 up. I would have just played the reserves in that match, not even risking anyone who is normally on the bench.

I assume the problem was that the reserves had played in some cup competition the evening before.  He probably played the 4 or 5 who won't be playing in the FA Cup on Saturday.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1661: Jan 24, 2019 02:18:52 pm
      Just gonna piss me off that Citeh will most likely be  1 point behind come the time we play Leicester.

Hope Rafa can pull something out and take points off them. With any luck he starts Rondo and Perez against them, unlike he did against us, when I thought he was doing us a wonderful favor!

Same here, I much prefer is playing first and putting the pressure on them. That said though, if by some miracle that Newcastle do get something from the game, what a boost that would be!

Don’t think Newcastle stand a chance but then, who’d have thought City would lose consecutive games to Leicester and Palace?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1662: Jan 24, 2019 03:09:17 pm
      Tuesday night they play if you are referring to the Man City game.  And as much as I'd like to hope for some divine Rafa intervention, sadly his current team will not be able to help us out.

Aye sorry, getting ahead of myself, I was browsing fixtures, and noticed city were playing Newcastle soon.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1663: Jan 24, 2019 03:59:47 pm
      City face Burnley in the FA Cup before they face the Geordies. Lets hope Burnley employ the same industrial level tackling on them as they did us.
      I honestly think the Geordies will nick a point, just a feeling. Having said that I'm also a bit nervous about Leicester, will we be back to full strength defensively by then or still make shift?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1664: Jan 24, 2019 04:01:44 pm
      City face Burnley in the FA Cup before they face the Geordies. Lets hope Burnley employ the same industrial level tackling on them as they did us.
      I honestly think the Geordies will nick a point, just a feeling. Having said that I'm also a bit nervous about Leicester, will we be back to full strength defensively by then or still make shift?

Looks like Trent is maybe missing the next game, but Matip is ok, and looks like Fab is fit to maybe play RB.

MF will probably Hendo, Gini & Big Shaq.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1665: Jan 24, 2019 04:11:39 pm
      Looks like Trent is maybe missing the next game, but Matip is ok, and looks like Fab is fit to maybe play RB.

I think it will have to be Fabinho as Milner is injured unless we go with Camacho, bit risky though.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1666: Jan 24, 2019 04:53:02 pm
      I think it will have to be Fabinho as Milner is injured unless we go with Camacho, bit risky though.

Not sure there's the need to take a risk by playing Camacho there instead of Fabinho if we have Henderson, Keita, Wijnaldum etc fit enough to play in midfield.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #1667: Jan 24, 2019 05:03:19 pm
      After listening to Klopps presser before palace when he said Trent is almost there gives me great hope he will be available come Wednesday another week and a half under him .
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,316 posts | 279 
      Reply #1668: Jan 26, 2019 08:35:49 am
      After waiting 29 years now this league run is driving me to distraction, proper stresshead, I thought you're meant to enjoy a title run???
      Seriously though the strength of City's squad worries me and I can't see them dropping many points, hope I'm wrong... Also I think we have another gear in us yet, we could start blowing teams away yet?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1669: Jan 27, 2019 09:31:24 pm

Milny isn't injured is he? Thought he was just missing this one because of the Red Card!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1670: Jan 27, 2019 11:41:46 pm
      Milny isn't injured is he? Thought he was just missing this one because of the Red Card!

Yepp red card, not injured, my bad.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1671: Jan 28, 2019 01:06:27 am
      Yepp red card, not injured, my bad.

Just glad someone else hasn't picked up a knock mate. Phew.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #1672: Jan 28, 2019 04:45:29 am

Think Camacho will play RB and Gini will start from bench. We need Fab's drive thru the middle, can't afford to have him at the back.

Salah
      Sadio-Bobby-Shaq
      Fab-Hendo
      Robbo-Virg-Matip-Rafa
      Ali

Subs: Mig, Moreno, Lovren, Gini, Lallana, Keita, Studge
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #1673: Jan 28, 2019 02:07:56 pm
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #1674: Jan 28, 2019 02:26:19 pm
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1675: Jan 29, 2019 08:38:38 am
      Hope that Rafa can do one on them. You can never count him out.

I am sure RAFA will want to take 3 points off City for our benefit as well as for Newcastle's.His heart has never left Anfield.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #1676: Jan 29, 2019 06:09:40 pm
      What are the odds Rafa's Newcastle can take points away from City today? They play City at home after all. Didn't see much of them but they seem better than Huddersfield or some championship-bound teams or do I err?
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1677: Jan 29, 2019 08:14:15 pm
      What are the odds Rafa's Newcastle can take points away from City today? They play City at home after all. Didn't see much of them but they seem better than Huddersfield or some championship-bound teams or do I err?

What were the odds on Rafa’s Newcastle conceding inside 30 seconds!!!
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #1678: Jan 29, 2019 09:25:06 pm
       Newcastle equalised.

Quick Reply