Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

We are top of the league!

Read 422870 times
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #1955: Feb 10, 2019 05:02:44 pm
      Man City will just destroy everyone after this.

F**k it, no point playing on til May. Just end the season now, hand the title to City and send the players on an extended break. There's always next year.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1956: Feb 10, 2019 05:07:35 pm
      F**k it, no point playing on til May. Just end the season now, hand the title to City and send the players on an extended break. There's always next year.

His not saying that though is he.

I think Rib is right here, i think City are hitting their purple patch right now and it will probably keep going on like this title the seasons wrapped up.

We need to be as relentless as City and IMO win all our remaining games.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #1957: Feb 10, 2019 05:13:14 pm
      N spurs are still in the race I still think. Absolutely got battered by Leicester who could scored 10 and still manage a win mainly to son. We need keep believing anyway.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #1958: Feb 10, 2019 05:20:24 pm
      Sometimes you just sit back and enjoy the game. City play some entertaining football just like us.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1959: Feb 10, 2019 05:20:47 pm
      We know what we're up against now. Win every game or don't win the league, that simple.

If you think they'll win 14 in a row, fair play. I doubt City were panicking thinking we'd win every game when we didn't drop a point in December.

They've dropped 11 points to Wolves, Palace, Leicester and Newcastle. Yes they've had a great week but those previous results show they can be stopped.

Long way to go, many twists to come. For what it's worth I expect both City and us to lose before the season is out.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #1960: Feb 10, 2019 05:48:08 pm
      If you think they'll win 14 in a row, fair play. I doubt City were panicking thinking we'd win every game when we didn't drop a point in December.

They've dropped 11 points to Wolves, Palace, Leicester and Newcastle. Yes they've had a great week but those previous results show they can be stopped.

Long way to go, many twists to come. For what it's worth I expect both City and us to lose before the season is out.
      Can't see who beat city. Certainly not united there supporters will even be cheering for city.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1961: Feb 10, 2019 05:52:17 pm
      Who cares what City do. It's in our hands.

They should be worried about us.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1962: Feb 10, 2019 05:57:03 pm
      We know what we're up against now. Win every game or don't win the league, that simple.

Nonsense.

Winning this game easily doesn’t make them any more likely to win the rest of their fixtures.

If anything I like them feeling like they’re indestructible.

That’s when they are most vulnerable.

They don’t play again in the league for nearly 3 weeks. They will drop more points.

This is just a win. The problem is everyone built this into us needing Chelsea to do us a favour as if we’re hanging on.

This just brings them level having played a game more.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #1963: Feb 10, 2019 05:59:02 pm
      Nonsense.

Winning this game easily doesn’t make them any more likely to win the rest of their fixtures.

They don’t play again in the league for nearly 3 weeks. They will drop more points.

This is just a win. The problem is everyone built this into us needing Chelsea to do us a favour as if we’re hanging on.

We have a much harder run in. Everton and United will do Anything poss to beat us even conn the ref. United won't lift a leg against city probably play sum kids like Everton
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #1964: Feb 10, 2019 05:59:36 pm
      I dunno you guys

like I'm feeling quite depressed and down to be honest. I'm not old enough to have seen us lift the title back in the 70s and 80s and I've been a Liverpool fan since the early Houllier days back in the late 90s early 2000s, back when Michael Owen was my football idol. So I'm desperate for us to win the title, at least I could see the team that I love win it. However, how can we ever compete with Man City? they just thrashed Chelsea and I'm feeling a bit pessimistic about chances against Man Utd, so my head is saying that even if we get the same amount of points, City will always have a huge goal difference than us because of their quality and because they cheated their way spending money and UEFA turning a blind eye on their over inflated sketchy sponsorship deals. Yes I'm feeling bitter, F**k it, I just hope UEFA comes to their senses and ban those f*cks from Europe.

or maybe I should be more positive and believe that we will get a result against the Mancs and put them in their place.

:(
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1965: Feb 10, 2019 06:26:52 pm
      Can't see who beat city. Certainly not united there supporters will even be cheering for city.

Well no one could see Palace, Leicester or Newcastle beating them and they did.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #1966: Feb 10, 2019 06:30:35 pm

What about winning 11 and drawing one?
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #1967: Feb 10, 2019 06:33:21 pm
      It's still in our hands but City are looking imperious again, we've got to be at our absolute best from now in.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #1968: Feb 10, 2019 06:43:24 pm
      I’m just hoping they don’t sack Sarri until after we’ve played em again!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1969: Feb 10, 2019 06:44:34 pm
      Nonsense.

This....

Its 3 pts thats all, we still have a game in hand, once the CL kicks in things will happen, we will.play max twice in a week for as long as we stay in, City could play 3 in a week if they remain in the FA cup & CL, and still have to win to keep tabs with us, all that pressure,  plus fatigue = F**k ups, we  just need to make sure we keep our little bumps down to a minimum.

Its gonna be as tight as a nuns punanni, but it'll be City doing the hail Mary's in May.

YNWA
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1970: Feb 10, 2019 06:46:11 pm
      I dunno you guys

like I'm feeling quite depressed and down to be honest. I'm not old enough to have seen us lift the title back in the 70s and 80s and I've been a Liverpool fan since the early Houllier days back in the late 90s early 2000s, back when Michael Owen was my football idol. So I'm desperate for us to win the title, at least I could see the team that I love win it. However, how can we ever compete with Man City? they just thrashed Chelsea and I'm feeling a bit pessimistic about chances against Man Utd, so my head is saying that even if we get the same amount of points, City will always have a huge goal difference than us because of their quality and because they cheated their way spending money and UEFA turning a blind eye on their over inflated sketchy sponsorship deals. Yes I'm feeling bitter, f**k it, I just hope UEFA comes to their senses and ban those f*cks from Europe.

or maybe I should be more positive and believe that we will get a result against the Mancs and put them in their place.

:(

Chill. Check how many they've lost this season and then have a look at how many we have lost and ask yourself who's proven to be the more beatable in the league. Then check how many points we've dropped in this drop of form.

It's on. This break could be just what we need.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #1971: Feb 10, 2019 07:06:49 pm
      For aside who got beat 4:0 bybournemouth, you’d expect them to get battered by city. Chavs don’t have a plan b. They play open football and try to get the ball up top to Willian and Hazard. That’s all they hope for. Their defence is hit and miss. Their results depend on the first 15 minutes of a game. If they can get a bit of momentum going, they are usually ok. Nothing more just ok. If they get put under pressure early, they are poor.
      I thought if the former turned up they’d manage a draw at best.
      It seems the latter turned up and the rest is history.
      Doesn’t matter if city scored 15 against the Chavs, as long as we keep wining, they’ll run out of games and we’ll be 3 points ahead.
      We’ve hit some good form, and while we play like we did yesterday, there’s not a side in the Prem who will live with it. Including Utd, Chavs and Bitters, or anyone else who we’ve got left to play !
      It’s up to us, we do our job, and it doesn’t matter a jot what city do.
      We’ve played them twice already, they can’t influence our results any more !
      Have faith boys, look forward to the next match, and the one after that and the one after that. Just 12 to go.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #1972: Feb 10, 2019 07:18:07 pm
      Chelski are a mess. They lots 4-0 to bournemouth lmao how was that even possible?

This man city team lost to newcastle. Big hype.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1973: Feb 10, 2019 07:20:25 pm
      Theyll turn up v us. Wan*ers
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #1974: Feb 10, 2019 07:37:03 pm
      In all honesty I would sooner win the title  based on our own performances & no one else’s
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #1975: Feb 10, 2019 08:00:16 pm
      Want the lottery numbers too? Nah, ok.

Yep, want those lotto numbers, cos that's 6 that defo ain't coming out, every little helps
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1976: Feb 10, 2019 09:31:09 pm
      at least we have flushed out the City fan.
      The more people Big up City the better we can go on just like yesterday winning games and putting points on the board and they cant do anything about it
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1977: Feb 10, 2019 10:28:42 pm
      Loving the loads of confidence in this thread.

Unfortunately as much as I want to believe, I have a sick feeling inside my stomach that we might have blown it with those 2 draws. Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

Come on Citeh, drop some points, you F***ing cu*ts !!!!

Quick Reply