Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

We are top of the league!

Read 422856 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #1978: Feb 10, 2019 11:21:46 pm
      Didn't seriously expect Chelsea to get anything but their defence was woeful. 3 minutes in and they fall apart. When yer see these teams collapse in a heap my respect for Rafa goes up a notch. Least he has a clue how to organise a team to defend. And in truth none of the Newcastle team would get into City's team, so to beat them speaks volumes for Rafa's coaching skills.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #1979: Feb 10, 2019 11:27:14 pm
      Honestly don't see why Sarri till continues with Kante further forward.

The wee man is one of the best defensive midfielders in the world, it's been shown by him winning two premier league titles in a row with two different clubs.

If he's just accommodating Jorginho, then the man's a phoney. If I can see it, then everyone can see it.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1980: Feb 10, 2019 11:34:37 pm
      I thought Chelsea could get something today but then I remembered that their defence is crap, I was also very underwhelmed by Spurs, I fancy us to win both those games. The only tricky one is Manure and possibly Bitters all the other games are winnable.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1981: Feb 12, 2019 07:16:51 pm
      We need to work harder to get back to this!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1982: Feb 24, 2019 05:35:58 pm
      Liverpool "bottling" it, by going back to the top of the league.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #1983: Feb 24, 2019 06:01:09 pm
      Liverpool "bottling" it, by going back to the top of the league.

Yeah I don’t know why so many posters using the word ‘bottled’. We just didn’t play very well. Bottling it suggests the lads lost their nerve, weren’t man enough etc. I didn’t see that. It’s bizarre to feel disappointed with a point at OT given we usually lose there.

Chuffed to be top of the league at this stage of the season.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #1984: Feb 24, 2019 06:08:23 pm
      Yeah I don’t know why so many posters using the word ‘bottled’. We just didn’t play very well. Bottling it suggests the lads lost their nerve, weren’t man enough etc. I didn’t see that. It’s bizarre to feel disappointed with a point at OT given we usually lose there.

How dare you be happy when “we’ve dropped two points”!!! :lmao:

Can’t you see “City will win all their games” and “how we’ve played our last game is how we’re going to play for the rest of the season”??? Can’t you “understand” my “self-inflicted misery”? :lmao:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1985: Feb 24, 2019 06:10:50 pm

We were doing well until that cluster of injury stoppages along with Firmino going off disrupted us.
      After that, we never quite got going again.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #1986: Feb 24, 2019 06:18:54 pm
      We were doing well until that cluster of injury stoppages along with Firmino going off disrupted us.
      After that, we never quite got going again.

Would like to know why that disrupted us so much though. When that happened I was thinking ‘sound, halftime around the corner, we’re going to go for the throat here’. Instead it seemed that Utd’s resolve grew and we looked terrified to try anything. Found it quite bizarre that it had that impact on us to be honest as it was a clear opportunity.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #1987: Feb 24, 2019 07:29:18 pm

I think we had an excellent chance to put them to sword once their injuries started, with a limping Rashford, and makeshift midfield, and players playing out of position, we could've had a field day with them, but seems like players were not up to it. Worrying form this. If we don't pick ourselves up, then we may as well say goodbye to this thread for this season soon.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1988: Feb 24, 2019 07:34:07 pm
      It's in our hands!
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #1989: Feb 24, 2019 07:45:40 pm

Say hand now but yes you are right few twist and turns yet
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1990: Feb 24, 2019 07:46:59 pm
      How dare you be happy when “we’ve dropped two points”!!! :lmao:
      I'm happy with 1 point. I would be happier with 3 - which were there for the taking.

Can’t you see “City will win all their games”
      That's skirting the real issue. The real issue is that given how we have performed lately, they very probably won't have to win all their games. 

and “how we’ve played our last game is how we’re going to play for the rest of the season”???
      To be fair we have been struggling for about six weeks now, and we've seen our lead drop from a possible 7 points (5 actually) down to a meagre 1 point. And that's come about because of how we have played over the last six weeks; poorly (Leicester, West Ham, Utd). Any logical person would use those facts in an attempt to gauge as to how things might go in the future. I think that's completely rational a thing to do.

Put it this way, if we smash Arsenal 3-0, then City 3-0, then Spurs 3-0, then Chelsea 3-0, then lose to Cardiff 3-0, would you be surprised, would you not expect us to have smashed Cardiff - given the last four games? I would. And that is why some think we might continue to struggle from here on in. Passed performances leading to points being dropped at an alarming rate (relative to where we are at the season and in the league).

Can’t you “understand” my “self-inflicted misery”? :lmao:
      It's understandable that some will view past performances and resultant dropped points as an indicator as to how things will play out in the future. Sure it's not a definite, but there are good reasons for drawing that conclusion. To be fair, we can only go on the information we have at hand. Nothing more.

I doubt either us or City will win every game from here on in. It's about who drops the least amount of points. If that's the case (and it is), something at our club had better change pretty quickly. Starting against Watford would be nice.
      « Last Edit: Feb 24, 2019 08:38:26 pm by Rush »
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #1991: Feb 24, 2019 08:21:11 pm
      There's shades of Benitez here when his team only lost 2 games all season but too many draws meant we lost the title to Utd then, hope I'm wrong though!
      « Last Edit: Feb 24, 2019 08:42:09 pm by LFC PAUL »
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #1992: Feb 24, 2019 08:52:04 pm
      There's shades of Benitez here when his team only lost 2 games all season but too many draws meant we lost the title to Utd then, hope I'm wrong though!

I think the key difference is that we were very much chasing that season, the 4-1 win st toilet gave us some hope but we were relying on them dropping points. As things stand Destiny is still in our own hands so that’s not such a bad place to be in.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1993: Feb 24, 2019 08:52:49 pm
      I think the key difference is that we were very much chasing that season, the 4-1 win st toilet gave us some hope but we were relying on them dropping points. As things stand Destiny is still in our own hands so that’s not such a bad place to be in.

Win in the week against Watford and the world looks rosy again
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #1994: Feb 24, 2019 09:07:12 pm

Yes mate you are absolutely right about that.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1995: Feb 24, 2019 09:10:50 pm
      Typical them shithouse Chavs manage to keep it goalless in the final vs City. tw*ts.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1996: Feb 24, 2019 09:16:15 pm

Spot on.

Majority of frustration has nothing to do with the position we're in and everything to do with how folks blame the team / manager / results for the way they are feeling.

Top after 27/38? Having that and grinning like the cat that got the cream all day long me.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1997: Feb 24, 2019 09:50:29 pm
      lets just reflect on our season so far. Points 66 twice as many as Everton and 14 more than UTD. lost one game and conceded 15 goals.
      Top of the league with 11 games to go despite all the experts handing City the title back in September.
      The problem is some people feel they have a right to be entertained and win every game or it spoils their day. We are entitled to nothing if anyone has an entitlement its the lads and lasses who go to grounds like Old Trafford and sing their hearts out but you don't here them whinging at every single decision the manager makes.
      Its getting to be a joke well actually its anything but funny
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1998: Feb 24, 2019 09:52:11 pm

Stop posting stuff like that you'll get a reputation as a fan boy. Of course you are spot on though
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1999: Feb 24, 2019 09:52:52 pm
      Spot on.

Majority of frustration has nothing to do with the position we're in and everything to do with how folks blame the team / manager / results for the way they are feeling.

Top after 27/38? Having that and grinning like the cat that got the cream all day long me.

For me, I don’t look to blame with frustration, but my frustration comes from the fact I know we can do so much better because we’ve shown it plenty of times so it’s annoying when we then don’t turn up. Some days I handle it better than other days.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2000: Feb 24, 2019 09:58:02 pm
      For me, I don’t look to blame with frustration, but my frustration comes from the fact I know we can do so much better because we’ve shown it plenty of times so it’s annoying when we then don’t turn up. Some days I handle it better than other days.

I get that fella and in fairness it is just my way.

Look forward and get ready for what’s coming.

Can’t change what’s gone, only learn from it and do better.

I believe JĂźrgen does that better than any manager in the game.

Quick Reply