Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

We are top of the league!

Read 426796 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #2001: Feb 24, 2019 10:04:19 pm
      For me, I don’t look to blame with frustration, but my frustration comes from the fact I know we can do so much better because we’ve shown it plenty of times so it’s annoying when we then don’t turn up. Some days I handle it better than other days.

frustration is understandable and today so very apt. Its the constant barrage of posts suggesting Jürgen doesn't know as much as forum members in either tactics or team selection.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2002: Feb 24, 2019 10:12:25 pm
      For all the good will in the world, if we don't improve recent performances and results then we will end the season nowhere close.

To give ourselves any chance we need to put a run of 3 or 4 wins together very soon.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2003: Feb 24, 2019 10:35:53 pm
      Watford are doing well so this isn't a game we can just turn up at Anfield and win. Hopefully these holidays the lads have been on are out of the way and the form will improve quickly.
      Will Jürgen tweak the midfield to give us more creativity I am not too sure as we are were we are because we had a good balance between attack and defence.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,157 posts | 1092 
      Reply #2004: Feb 24, 2019 11:57:21 pm
      City will drop points, I think we can afford probably one more draw. They played 120 minutes today and could have an adrenaline dump mid week.

The best part about today’s result is we play Wednesday. Win and it’s positive again and today’s result was more solid in the totality of things. A win Wednesday sends us to Goodison on Sunday with a chance to really hurt some feelings (theirs and City’s.)

We’re going to win the league by one point, today’s result looks GREAT in two months
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,563 posts | 391 
      Reply #2005: Feb 25, 2019 01:25:22 am
      Its great we’re top. But we continue to look a bit lost. But the more I think about it, have we actually attacked that fluently this season? I don’t actually think we have. This season was built on the brilliance of VVD/Gomez and the defence etc..

It’s just been a bit alarming that we’ve lacked any real urgency in so many games lately..

6 points a must this week......
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #2006: Feb 25, 2019 04:53:37 am
      City will drop points, I think we can afford probably one more draw. They played 120 minutes today and could have an adrenaline dump mid week.

The best part about today’s result is we play Wednesday. Win and it’s positive again and today’s result was more solid in the totality of things. A win Wednesday sends us to Goodison on Sunday with a chance to really hurt some feelings (theirs and City’s.)

We’re going to win the league by one point, today’s result looks GREAT in two months

May be the Cherries could get something from City.. no Laporte, no Fernandinho, no Stones, no Jesus .. means Aguero, Gundogan, Otamendi, Zinchenko play every game for a couple of weeks.. there is more drama to this title race
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,157 posts | 1092 
      Reply #2007: Feb 25, 2019 05:17:56 am
      May be the Cherries could get something from City.. no Laporte, no Fernandinho, no Stones, no Jesus .. means Aguero, Gundogan, Otamendi, Zinchenko play every game for a couple of weeks.. there is more drama to this title race

They have West Ham, Cherries, and Watford. No easy games. They will drop a game at some point. Just handle ours and it’s goochi baby
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,740 posts | 6716 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2008: Feb 25, 2019 06:40:24 am
      ....and we will stay there. Citeh's injury to Fernandinho is the last of their players they'd want on the sidelines. Sucked in you cu*ts!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,289 posts | 763 
      Reply #2009: Feb 25, 2019 06:50:45 am
      Stay focused on the league and finish top, to win the title race.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #2010: Feb 25, 2019 07:09:37 am
      Wins against Watford and the B/S will see us taking stock and going again , just hope Bobby is fit for it .
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #2011: Feb 25, 2019 07:15:02 am
      Wins against Watford and the B/S will see us taking stock and going again , just hope Bobby is fit for it .

If Firmino isn’t fit then I don’t want to see Sturridge, it’s like playing with 10 men.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,883 posts | 3393 
      Reply #2012: Feb 25, 2019 07:33:29 am
      Juct Checking we are still top and have the title in our own hands - yep  ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2013: Feb 25, 2019 08:37:28 am
      I get that fella and in fairness it is just my way.

Look forward and get ready for what’s coming.

Can’t change what’s gone, only learn from it and do better.

I believe Jürgen does that better than any manager in the game.

Really?? You mean Jürgen learns things like its a good idea maybe to play your best RB against Man Utd away instead of a makeshift 3rd choice midfielder out of position? Or that Jürgen learns that when your opponents are hit with 3 injuries, decimating their midfield and attack, that it might be an idea to shift to a more attacking formation?

The bottom line is that yes we are top of the league, but now only by the narrowest margin and there are clear signs of nerves or complacency in the squad, the performances lately, especially form the forwards and midfield in attack has been awful and if that continues then no way we win the league.

As for yesterday the result was ok but the performance was pathetic
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2014: Feb 25, 2019 08:39:32 am

Yes by 1 point rather than 3 against a sh*t injury ravaged Man Utd team where we managed one half arsed shot on goal all game, just to put it into context.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,883 posts | 3393 
      Reply #2015: Feb 25, 2019 08:46:40 am
      Yes by 1 point rather than 3 against a sh*t injury ravaged Man Utd team where we managed one half arsed shot on goal all game, just to put it into context.

We are top of the league

This is what match going fans think - you wouldn’t understand being an internet fan

https://twitter.com/oliver__bond/status/1099702580760989697?s=21
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,970 posts | 3054 
      Reply #2016: Feb 25, 2019 08:47:40 am
      Really?? You mean Jürgen learns things like its a good idea maybe to play your best RB against Man Utd away instead of a makeshift 3rd choice midfielder out of position? Or that Jürgen learns that when your opponents are hit with 3 injuries, decimating their midfield and attack, that it might be an idea to shift to a more attacking formation?

The bottom line is that yes we are top of the league, but now only by the narrowest margin and there are clear signs of nerves or complacency in the squad, the performances lately, especially form the forwards and midfield in attack has been awful and if that continues then no way we win the league.

As for yesterday the result was ok but the performance was pathetic

Good to know. Thanks for that ;)

I prefer to look at the fact we’ve moved forward in enormous steps season to season.

We’re top of the league and it is ours to lose.

You berate him for every micro decision if you like. It’s the cult of the modern fan.

Playing Milner was not a factor yesterday and shifting to a more attacking formation would have played into their one game plan.

We played poorly in the final 3rd - forwards were miles off (especially Sadio).

Watford and 3 points is all that matters.

So yes, really!
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #2017: Feb 25, 2019 08:50:36 am

This is all positive. But you know what? I believe some of us anxious ones (whoever's reading this, it's not referring to you) would prefer us to have that 7-10 points buffer clear of second. Since these are the apprehensive ones, they probably do not trust the boys to get back on winning ways from a one point lead.

At a one point lead, they're anxious and require 7-10. At 7-10 points, the title is still in our own hands, but this time they'll be anxious to wrap it up. And if we don't destory our opponents in games, they'll be anxious that we'll be caught up.

I guess anxious fans don't trust our boys to deliver (again whoever reads this, I'm not talking about you :D), whether we're winning or losing or whether we're 1 or 10 points clear.

No one has more points than us after 27 games. That remains a fact. The league leaders are now neck and neck. We just have to better City's points collection henceforth.

Do we even trust our boys to do it in this moment, when what they need most right now is our support. That's the point.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2018: Feb 25, 2019 09:00:14 am

I prefer to look at the fact we’ve moved forward in enormous steps season to season.

You berate him for every micro decision if you like. It’s the cult of the modern fan.

Playing Milner was not a factor yesterday and shifting to a more attacking formation would have played into their one game plan.

So yes, really!

Amazing isn't it? I honestly find it truly amazing the moaning and negativity of some

Rewind to August 1st who on here thought we'd be top of the league pretty much going into March? Who honestly believed that? Yet people moan and bi*ch and complain we aren't 15 clear

Know what? I want this league title more than anything but I never thought it would be easy.. getting 4 points off United in a season is nothing to moan about... put that in context

I thought Uniteds approach yesterday by the way was small time.. I now really hope Ole keeps the job because if he does they won't be contenders..

We have 11 games left and whatever way people want to judge that we are top of the table with 11 games to go and still in the champions league
      Surely that should be enjoyed?

I get the feeling even if we win it that lot will still find something to complain about.

Nope.. I'm not celebrating the title because I disagree with one team choice in January and I can't live with the way Jürgen ties his shoelaces

You losers celebrate all you like but not me I'm not putting up with that sh*t
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2019: Feb 25, 2019 09:35:26 am

So yes, really!

really what??
      Do you honestly think that a RB, one of the best in the country would not have played better than a midfilder/LB??? Wow you really don't rate Trent much do you!
      As for changing it up after Mata, Herrera and Lindgard went off, plus Rashford was hobbling about, well yes he should, its not a micro point, its a big F***ing point and Klopp screwed up, and not for the first time. Klopp is incapable of changing his game plan midflow, its one of his biggest failings in my opinion. Time and time if plan A doesn't work at the start of the game then he has no capability of changing things. How often for example have we played better second half than first half?? How often have we changed formation in response to the opposition and its been effective?
      I think Jürgen is a fantastic coach but he has his faults like all coaches and adaptability intra game is his weakness, he should work on it, plus maybe put some thought into how we can better defend and take free kicks, because this high line bollocks is NOT working and passing backwards from a freekick seldom leads to a goal whereas pumping the ball into the box or out wide just might!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2020: Feb 25, 2019 09:37:04 am
      I need this thread right now.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,970 posts | 3054 
      Reply #2021: Feb 25, 2019 09:38:59 am
      really what??
      Do you honestly think that a RB, one of the best in the country would not have played better than a midfilder/LB??? Wow you really don't rate Trent much do you!
      As for changing it up after Mata, Herrera and Lindgard went off, plus Rashford was hobbling about, well yes he should, its not a micro point, its a big f**king point and Klopp screwed up, and not for the first time. Klopp is incapable of changing his game plan midflow, its one of his biggest failings in my opinion. Time and time if plan A doesn't work at the start of the game then he has no capability of changing things. How often for example have we played better second half than first half?? How often have we changed formation in response to the opposition and its been effective?
      I think Jürgen is a fantastic coach but he has his faults like all coaches and adaptability intra game is his weakness, he should work on it, plus maybe put some thought into how we can better defend and take free kicks, because this high line bollocks is NOT working and passing backwards from a freekick seldom leads to a goal whereas pumping the ball into the box or out wide just might!

Yeah ok Heimy.

You know best.

Except you don’t and that’s just reactionary, subjective noise.

Let’s just leave it eh?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2022: Feb 25, 2019 09:41:20 am
      Amazing isn't it? I honestly find it truly amazing the moaning and negativity of some

Rewind to August 1st who on here thought we'd be top of the league pretty much going into March? Who honestly believed that? Yet people moan and bi*ch and complain we aren't 15 clear

Know what? I want this league title more than anything but I never thought it would be easy.. getting 4 points off United in a season is nothing to moan about... put that in context

I thought Uniteds approach yesterday by the way was small time.. I now really hope Ole keeps the job because if he does they won't be contenders..

We have 11 games left and whatever way people want to judge that we are top of the table with 11 games to go and still in the champions league
      Surely that should be enjoyed?

I get the feeling even if we win it that lot will still find something to complain about.

Nope.. I'm not celebrating the title because I disagree with one team choice in January and I can't live with the way Jürgen ties his shoelaces

You losers celebrate all you like but not me I'm not putting up with that sh*t

You are conflating different issues;
      Am I happy that we are top of the league at the end of Feb, yes absolutely.
      Am I worried about our recent form and the nervy poor performances from our lads since the turn of the year, yes absolutely.

Do I still think we can win the league, Yes I do, but we MUST improve, Klopp needs to sort this sh*t out, refocus the lads and get us playing positive football again, like we did against Bournemouth and please no more bollocks like playing Milner instead of Trent at RB.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2023: Feb 25, 2019 09:42:49 am
      Yeah ok Heimy.

You know best.

Except you don’t and that’s just reactionary, subjective noise.

Let’s just leave it eh?

So you think Milner is a better option than Trent then, WOW!! If you think that then you clearly don't know better.

Why can't some of you accept that Klopp sometimes fucks up and has a few weaknesses, we all do, its human nature.

Quick Reply