Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

We are top of the league!

Read 422899 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #2047: Feb 25, 2019 02:57:53 pm
      Plus they are 9th and 12 points clear of 3rd bottom Soton, so I can't see Pele busting his gut and putting his players under threat if they don't turn up. I expect a routine win for City with West ham telephoning in.

Could be 5/6-0.

Is this the same West Ham team that's been playing very well recently against a Citeh team knackered after a gruelling league cup final and missing main defender and key midfielder Fernandinho? Perhaps the manager has a soft spot for them but the players certainly don't and if the manager rests half the team then he'll look like a complete tw@t to his own team, fans and the footballing world at large.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2048: Feb 25, 2019 03:00:18 pm
      If we win our games City can do nothing about it so why not focus on us beating Watford and let City keep looking for our results.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #2049: Feb 25, 2019 03:22:36 pm
      If we win our games City can do nothing about it so why not focus on us beating Watford and let City keep looking for our results.

Let’s hope we don’t give a tepid performance like United, West Ham and Leicester!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2050: Feb 25, 2019 04:12:14 pm

Now there's a pretty good idea.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2051: Feb 25, 2019 05:09:54 pm

correct.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #2052: Feb 25, 2019 05:28:39 pm
      Let’s hope we don’t give a tepid performance like United, West Ham and Leicester!

It better not be, or our pessimist fans (not you who's reading this) will run the boys and the coaching team to the ground.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2053: Feb 25, 2019 07:36:54 pm
      You know, I believe last year at this time we were pretty concerned with making sure we performed well in the run in to ensure we got CL football.

A year later, we are concerned with making sure we perform well during the run in to win the title.

If that's not progress, I'm not sure what is.

Win or lose it, we've had a pretty good year (and still could have a great year depending on results) and I think that's what it's all about, giving yourself a chance to win something...and hopefully, if you do that often enough, you'll ultimately win more than you lose.

Thank you Jürgen, we've got a chance, that's all we can ask for.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2054: Feb 25, 2019 07:50:15 pm
      You know, I believe last year at this time we were pretty concerned with making sure we performed well in the run in to ensure we got CL football.

A year later, we are concerned with making sure we perform well during the run in to win the title.

Win or lose it, we've had a pretty good year (and still could have a great year depending on results) and I think that's what it's all about, giving yourself a chance to win something...and hopefully, if you do that often enough, you'll ultimately win more than you lose.

10 games to go still right in the mix what more could we ask when competing against the greatest team of all time
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2055: Feb 26, 2019 09:38:24 am

100%
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2056: Feb 26, 2019 10:54:24 am
      10 games to go still right in the mix what more could we ask when competing against the greatest team of all time

Sorry but I do not accept that Citeh are the greatest team of all time, they are not even the greatest of the prem era in my opinion, I'd give that to Arsenal's invincibles or the Utd team 1999/2000, they were both fantastic teams.

We need to chill the F**k out as a team and start playing with confidence and conviction again, it is still in our hands and every game is winnable but we need to get back to heavy metal football, get on the front foot again.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2057: Feb 26, 2019 12:22:20 pm
      Sorry but I do not accept that Citeh are the greatest team of all time, they are not even the greatest of the prem era in my opinion, I'd give that to Arsenal's invincibles or the Utd team 1999/2000, they were both fantastic teams.

We need to chill the f**k out as a team and start playing with confidence and conviction again, it is still in our hands and every game is winnable but we need to get back to heavy metal football, get on the front foot again.

Who cares what you think and do you not understand sarcasm ?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2058: Feb 26, 2019 02:27:26 pm
      Who cares what you think and do you not understand sarcasm ?

Well clearly I don't understand sarcasm if this is meant as sarcastic: "10 games to go still right in the mix what more could we ask when competing against the greatest team of all time", can you point out exactly what the sarcastic bit of that is considering that many pundits are describing them as possibly the greatest team of all time.
      BTW whether you like my posts and opinions or not has more or less 0 effect on me, I could not care less and it certainly won't stop me posting.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #2059: Feb 26, 2019 03:14:12 pm
      We won't have a better chance than now, so Klopp needs to get that message into the guys, perhaps stop trying to walk the ball into the net and try shooting, rebounds and own goals could come our way, need to get that lucky streak back, need to go for it and not play overly safe, get 3 points and let city start to worry about the games running out.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #2060: Feb 26, 2019 03:21:58 pm
      We won't have a better chance than now, so Klopp needs to get that message into the guys, perhaps stop trying to walk the ball into the net and try shooting, rebounds and own goals could come our way, need to get that lucky streak back, need to go for it and not play overly safe, get 3 points and let city start to worry about the games running out.

Think more than anything we need the urgency back.

Recently, we have looked very lethargic, I think it starts from the back so maybe Matip and Van Dijk need to move the ball out wide quicker, same goes for Henderson (when he plays) but we really need that urgency back.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #2061: Feb 26, 2019 04:04:36 pm
      frustration is understandable and today so very apt. Its the constant barrage of posts suggesting Jürgen doesn't know as much as forum members in either tactics or team selection.
      This is something that always makes me laugh The suggestion that because some one as not played professional football that they can not either see  mistakes that managers have made or that they could not do the job as well....

Are you aware that José Mourinho (like him or not) one of the most successful manager in modern football having won

Cups includes competitions such as Community Shield, Supercoppa Italiana & Supercopa de Espana

Mourinho has won eight league titles during his managerial career and he has done so in four different countries: Portugal, England, Italy and Spain.

He has won a total of 13 domestic trophies and is a two-time winner of both the Champions League and Europa League.
      All in all, since 2003, the Portuguese has amassed 25 trophies as a manager.

All that and he never played professional football
      Kopite78
      Reply #2062: Feb 26, 2019 04:21:11 pm
      This is something that always makes me laugh The suggestion that because some one as not played professional football that they can not either see  mistakes that managers have made or that they could not do the job as well....

Are you aware that José Mourinho (like him or not) one of the most successful manager in modern football having won

Cups includes competitions such as Community Shield, Supercoppa Italiana & Supercopa de Espana

Mourinho has won eight league titles during his managerial career and he has done so in four different countries: Portugal, England, Italy and Spain.

He has won a total of 13 domestic trophies and is a two-time winner of both the Champions League and Europa League.

So it's literally just bad luck you aren't one of the most successful manager's of all time eh? Just not had the breaks?

🙄

I've often thought that reading your insights

😄😄
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #2063: Feb 26, 2019 05:25:53 pm

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #2064: Feb 26, 2019 11:29:05 pm
      So it's literally just bad luck you aren't one of the most successful manager's of all time eh? Just not had the breaks?

🙄

I've often thought that reading your insights

😄😄

Maybe I could have been, but as i so often turns out in life you take the wrong turn for a myriad of reason...
      I know  few people that could have played professional football, myself included, there were a few sports in which I excelled, Track and Field,Rugby,Basket Ball,Cross Country,Football...PE teacher thought i was destined to become a sports person while Sisters thought that I would become a Doctor or a Lawyer

Discovered sex at 14 years and 7 months and night clubs and all of that when out the window... Shacked up with a 19 year old Girl at the age of 16, bedding a 34 year old when I was 17, lived with her for some 8 months after being kicked out by my step dad,

Point... You don't always get what you want in life; sometime you get what you need
      « Last Edit: Feb 26, 2019 11:46:27 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #2065: Feb 26, 2019 11:44:19 pm
      Did say professional football mate
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2066: Feb 27, 2019 12:18:10 am

Maybe I could have been, but as i so often turns out in life you take the wrong turn for a myriad of reason...
      I know  few people that could have played professional football, myself included, there were a few sports in which I excelled, Track and Field,Rugby,Basket Ball,Cross Country,Football...PE teacher thought i was destined to become a sports person while Sisters thought that I would become a Doctor or a Lawyer

Discovered sex at 14 years and 7 months and night clubs and all of that when out the window... Shacked up with a 19 year old Girl at the age of 16, bedding a 34 year old when I was 17, lived with her for some 8 months after being kicked out by my step dad,

Point... You don't always get what you want in life; sometime you get what you need

I am glad you said there was a point to that post
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #2067: Feb 27, 2019 08:40:12 am
      I am glad you said there was a point to that post
      Glad I could please you mate ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2068: Feb 27, 2019 09:17:39 am
      Top of the league thread has taken a strange turn. ;D.

PS....

Still top of the league, and fully expect us to win by a few goals tonight and still be top of the league.

Up the reds !!!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2069: Feb 27, 2019 09:19:29 am
      Morning... just had another look & yup..

Still top of the table..

Quick Reply