Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

We are top of the league!

Read 422835 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #2116: Mar 02, 2019 05:06:19 pm
      Tomorrow, we all knwo what we need to do to return to the top, just win this f***in derby!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2117: Mar 02, 2019 05:11:02 pm
      Usually only scrape a win there in recent years, fair few draws. Don’t care how it happens, 3 points is just an absolute must.
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #2118: Mar 02, 2019 05:38:12 pm
      Suddenly playing catch up, City play the next game before us as well so a win at Everton tomorrow is a must.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2119: Mar 02, 2019 05:38:48 pm
      Another lucky 1-0 win for city. First they get a pen that never was in a million years to scrape past west ham. Now the jammiest goal to beat Bournemouth. Boruc could have caught it in his sleep. Well I be delighted with a 94th minute winner tomorrow. To see Guardiola today at end you think they already won the league
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2120: Mar 02, 2019 06:02:30 pm
      Win 10 games and we win the League.

The only club who has that knowledge.

you referring to 85-86 season?

Has no bearing on this season at all. Club name and fanbase born prior to then is the only thing the same. The sentiment is nice though
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2121: Mar 02, 2019 06:03:17 pm
      Another lucky 1-0 win for city. First they get a pen that never was in a million years to scrape past west ham. Now the jammiest goal to beat Bournemouth. Boruc could have caught it in his sleep. Well I be delighted with a 94th minute winner tomorrow. To see Guardiola today at end you think they already won the league

Id bite your hand off for 10 lucky 1 nils now pal
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #2122: Mar 02, 2019 08:02:26 pm
      I've suddenly got an horrible thought that we could lose tomorrow then City play Watford before we play again, 5 pts behind possible, no!
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #2123: Mar 02, 2019 08:45:06 pm
      I've suddenly got an horrible thought that we could lose tomorrow then City play Watford before we play again, 5 pts behind possible, no!

Paul please keep your sh*te to yourself please. Thanks.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2124: Mar 02, 2019 11:26:26 pm
      They won’t drop another point if every team they play are as gutless as a Bournemouth, we just need to make sure we win our remaining games.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2125: Mar 03, 2019 12:04:05 am
      It's in our Hands. I don't want that situation to change!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2126: Mar 03, 2019 12:15:34 am
      They won’t drop another point if every team they play are as gutless as a Bournemouth, we just need to make sure we win our remaining games.

I know, not a single shot at goal is an Absolute disgrace at home.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2127: Mar 03, 2019 12:27:25 am

Hope you're wrong mate
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #2128: Mar 03, 2019 01:04:09 am
      Wish people would calm the F.C. down
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #2129: Mar 03, 2019 01:06:23 am
      We just have to win every game... every game... every game... starting tonight (today). Oh the fcuking dread. But it can be done, and now is the time to do it!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2130: Mar 03, 2019 01:25:20 am
      We won’t yield, not a chance, last years CL defeat has given us the hunger to win ..
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #2131: Mar 03, 2019 08:01:52 am
      I'm gonna be honest and say I'm worried. I didn't want to watch the shitty game, but I still kept checking the score every 5 mins.
      really disappointed with Bournemouth.

Anyway I like seeing positive posts around here, make me stress less seeing other fellow fans have more confidence. Nomatter what happens, I'm honestly very proud of the team and the boss.
      Challenging the money machine for the title is not a easy thing to do and yet here we are. We have spent money but only what we have earned and gotten from selling players.
      No money doping going here unlike shitty.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2132: Mar 03, 2019 09:45:15 am
      My fellow Red Brethren,
      There is far too much negativity flowing thru these boards, i can understand the apprehension, the tension and the nerve's its all part of the fun, but we've all been here before, some of us many many times,
      Our history is full of ups and downs season upon season,  this one is no different,  its Football it is what it is.

We are on the brink of winning the title, it was never going to be easy, there was always going to be bumps in the road, from day one to the last , City are  deserving Champions and will not give up their title by just laying back and giving it up, we have to snatch it from them,

We are as every bit as good as they are, some would argue even better, league position says so, so why can't we go on and win it ?
      Some say they have just a bit more and will probably win but i don't see it like that, i actually favour us and not because of red tinted specs, i truly fancy us because when we're on it no one can touch us, not even City, its close of course but for tempo, fluidity, balance paired with our defence, our attack and the right midfield  trio of choice we come out on top,
      The Watford mauling for example, play like that then its a no brainer,  fast tempo, a high line, intricate passing and a devastating delivery from both flanks , thats your heavy metal sh*t right there,
      Who can handle that in the remaining games?

So onto BLUESHITE today,  as usual it will be all blood & thunder first 15, once the Neanderthals of woodison vent some of their pent up hatred it will settle down and we will start to show our domination,

I think we'll win this in relative comfort,  blueshite are exactly that ,and shouldn't worry us too much......

...                      Allison
                Trent Matip VvD Robbo
                              Fabinho
                      Gini               Keita
                    Salah Firmino Mane

Heart says-- 0-5
      Brain says --0-3

YNWA

LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #2133: Mar 03, 2019 09:58:52 am
      Bit of a side note but does anyone else feel like the Merseyside derby has lost a bit of its passion and soul? I feel like to the players it has became ‘just another game’ but obviously us fans still have those derby nerves and it feels just that much more sweeter getting a win against Everton than Watford for example.

Is it because of the lack of local lads in both sets of teams these days? I don’t know.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #2134: Mar 03, 2019 10:30:21 am
      Bit of a side note but does anyone else feel like the Merseyside derby has lost a bit of its passion and soul? I feel like to the players it has became ‘just another game’ but obviously us fans still have those derby nerves and it feels just that much more sweeter getting a win against Everton than Watford for example.

Is it because of the lack of local lads in both sets of teams these days? I don’t know.
      Bit of both I’d say,the only  scouser in the starting 11 being Trent
      But that can only help really as the reds can maybe treat it as just another match without the added pressure of the local lads getting wound up by the sh*te.
      Today is not just any old derby as there is  more than bragging rights up for grabs today & our players will know this.
      I’ll be more than happy for the blueshite & there shithouse fans to lose there sh*t as long as we keep ours together,our football will do the talking today and not snide tackles & below the belt antics ,fully confident of a win today against a tin pot outfit at a two Bob ground 1-3,to the reds.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2135: Mar 03, 2019 10:36:27 am
      Everyone saying we are under pressure what a load of bollox. I saw Pep after there 1-0 win over mighty Bournemouth telling everyone what a great performance it was how proud he was bla bla bla they are terrified of us
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2136: Mar 03, 2019 11:53:13 am
      Everyone saying we are under pressure what a load of bollox. I saw Pep after there 1-0 win over mighty Bournemouth telling everyone what a great performance it was how proud he was bla bla bla they are terrified of us

Pep has aged this season..wonder why 😎

They are terrified as they know we ain’t relenting & Pep knows his team has a couple of bad results in them..
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #2137: Mar 03, 2019 12:29:42 pm

Don’t think it’s just the derby. It’s football generally for me, it’s movef to a hyper professional game, where surprises are becoming fewer and fewer, not just in England but across Europe. All just seems a bit robotic to me.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2138: Mar 03, 2019 12:43:42 pm
      Pep has aged this season..wonder why 😎

They are terrified as they know we ain’t relenting & Pep knows his team has a couple of bad results in them..

Agree,  plus you can add their attack on three fronts will inevitably take its toll, yes they have a squad to deal with it but they still lose quality, Ferdandinho being a case in point, he's out for a while, they missed Silva & KdB earlier this season and KdB could be out again, Aguero's legs fade in the latter stages and of course the mentality and pressure of HAVING to win wears you down eventually, i think they will drop points in the run in, a draw here or there would seriously damage their confidence, after we hammer BLUESHITE today we only have Spuds at home that could trip us up, anyone else we should be getting max points from.

YNWA

Quick Reply