Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

We are top of the league!

Read 426765 times
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,169 posts | 520 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #2277: Apr 08, 2019 08:03:20 pm
      I hope chelsea don't ruin our Premier league plans again. Hazard espically can be lethal on the break. There that sort of dogged team. It's only match in our run in that and newcastle away as there still not safe. I'm hoping too palace don't lie down against city after reaching 39 points following a freaky win with Hodgson declaring in media on TV that there safe. I hope they have a go at city.

Take a chill pill fella and relax. Citeh will drop points, and I think Leicester will do us a favour. Enjoy the rollercoaster ride to number 19, it's going to be fun.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2278: Apr 08, 2019 08:13:12 pm

Take a chill pill fella and relax. Citeh will drop points, and I think Leicester will do us a favour. Enjoy the rollercoaster ride to number 19, it's going to be fun.

city have just 2 more home games and have Palace away Burnley away Utd away and Brighton away Spurs and Leicester home We have Woy and Bodge on our side who if they win will always be called Mr Hodgson and Mr Rodgers from now on.
      If we win our games the league is ours .
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #2279: Apr 08, 2019 08:17:18 pm
      Did i miss the point of this thread! We are F***ing top of the league...premier league shitetalk thread over there somewhere!!  :kop5cf8koxp6:  no?
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,992 posts | 223 
      Reply #2280: Apr 09, 2019 11:46:32 pm
      looking interesting with city losing the 1st leg and not knowing how long B-silver is out for, but do you guys think Pep wants CL more than the league i know he want to win all but the owner going to be desperate for CL?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,729 posts | 6714 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2281: Apr 09, 2019 11:52:04 pm
      Where's Dunlop (Billy) gone, he got this thread pumped up a few months ago saying we were gonna win the league, getting us alll excited but I haven't seen him on here since the Bitters draw!

Come back mate, I need you to instil some confidence in me again because it really is getting squeaky arse time!
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #2282: Apr 09, 2019 11:56:38 pm
      looking interesting with city losing the 1st leg and not knowing how long B-silver is out for, but do you guys think Pep wants CL more than the league i know he want to win all but the owner going to be desperate for CL?

IMO, yes. Probably the main reason he was brought to City as they had already won 4 PL titles before his arrival. Similar to PSG, they are spending all that oil money to get that elusive CL trophy.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,992 posts | 223 
      Reply #2283: Apr 10, 2019 12:31:16 am
      when do city play spurs in the league is it b4 or after 2 leg of CL?
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2284: Apr 10, 2019 08:52:57 am
      when do city play spurs in the league is it b4 or after 2 leg of CL?
      After and judging by citys attempts to injure Erik'son and Ali at times in the game they try and injure them in the second leg days before. Delph should walked last night trodding on kane and he out for season. Fernardinho tried to go through both Ali and erickson at times.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,992 posts | 223 
      Reply #2285: Apr 10, 2019 10:07:10 am
      Hmmm not sure what would be best b4 or after 2nd leg, my thinking 2nd leg is best spurs get knocked out they will have to go for it in the league to cement that 4th place.
      If it was b4 they would of taken it a bit more easy as they would be looking at their 1-0 advantage going into the 2nd leg
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2286: Apr 10, 2019 10:21:46 am
      Hmmm not sure what would be best b4 or after 2nd leg, my thinking 2nd leg is best spurs get knocked out they will have to go for it in the league to cement that 4th place.
      If it was b4 they would of taken it a bit more easy as they would be looking at their 1-0 advantage going into the 2nd leg

After is better, as if Spurs win they will be sky high on confidence, even if they lose SPurs will be extra determined to secure 4th place. Its all good.

BTW Completely agree that Citeh are becoming quite a dirty team, especially Fernandinho, who same as Bobo the clown (aka Fellaini) he just seems to get away with it all.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1767 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2287: Apr 10, 2019 10:47:20 am
      This run of games city have is gonna break them, Im sure of it.

Actually think 1-0 to spuds was a great result all round for us, City will have to go all out next week to get through, meaning possibly more rotation v palace sunday, and it could goto ET next week v spuds which will knacker them before the manu game.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #2288: Apr 10, 2019 10:59:54 am
      WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE SAY WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!

:kop5cf8koxp6:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #2289: Apr 10, 2019 05:25:48 pm
      I just cant see City dropping any points. Hope i'm wrong.

Brendan's Leicester could have a say. Nice way for Rodgers to rewrite his own Liverpool history.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2290: Apr 12, 2019 08:00:56 am
      Kane out for the season and Ali has a broken arm or wrist that's what fernardinho in that city team for to injure as many as he can. Watch Erik'son n son who picked up a knock too been targeted by city in second leg before there premier league clash next weekend. First take care of Chelsea Sunday which won't be easy as there a fkn bogey horrible team to play against. Don't let them detail our league hopes again. 2-1 Liverpool I'm going for.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2291: Apr 12, 2019 08:04:53 am
      This run of games city have is gonna break them, Im sure of it.

Actually think 1-0 to spuds was a great result all round for us, City will have to go all out next week to get through, meaning possibly more rotation v palace sunday, and it could goto ET next week v spuds which will knacker them before the manu game.
      Yeah and what about all the spurs players they already injured ahead of the game. I think city will beat them 2-1. Hoping not. There talk of Ali missing and kane already out son picked up a knock but played on is he guna be 100%. Then second leg is next week few days before there league clash. Watch fernardinho try to cripple everyone in sight.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2292: Apr 12, 2019 08:08:08 am
      We need to keep our foot to the pedal anyway. Chelsea are not a good side but they are a fkn bogey side. Newcastle fighting for points away won't be easy. Only two games where I'm worrying. Anyway good to see all our squad are all fit again.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2293: Apr 12, 2019 08:36:36 am
      We need to keep our foot to the pedal anyway. Chelsea are not a good side but they are a fkn bogey side. Newcastle fighting for points away won't be easy. Only two games where I'm worrying. Anyway good to see all our squad are all fit again.

Do you really think Newcastle will be desperate for points with 2 games to go?? Come on, Cardiff will be confirmed relegated long before that. Actually Cardiff could be a potential banana skin, but they are sh*te with a crap manager, we just need to be very focused in that game
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1767 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2294: Apr 12, 2019 11:18:07 am
      Yeah and what about all the spurs players they already injured ahead of the game. I think city will beat them 2-1. Hoping not. There talk of Ali missing and kane already out son picked up a knock but played on is he guna be 100%. Then second leg is next week few days before there league clash. Watch fernardinho try to cripple everyone in sight.

Yea, spuds picked up a few injuries in that, I think Kane is actually well covered by son, stats show they win more without kane. ;D

My hope is these games are battles and city pick up niggly injuries and suspensions etc.

They defo have a tougher run in than us.

If we win all of our games, Im confident we win the league. And if we win all of our games and dont win the league, fair play to city, thats will have been some run of wins.

Anyway, talk again after sunday. ;D.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1767 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2295: Apr 12, 2019 11:18:50 am

Im confident the geordies will be safe by then and in holiday mode. ;-)
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2296: Apr 12, 2019 12:08:11 pm
      Do you really think Newcastle will be desperate for points with 2 games to go?? Come on, Cardiff will be confirmed relegated long before that. Actually Cardiff could be a potential banana skin, but they are sh*te with a crap manager, we just need to be very focused in that game
      Well that's it we need to focus on ourselves but don't agree about kane. He was there best player before going off holding everything up. Ali was good too. Kane defo out and Ali doubtful for city return match. What annoyed me was fernardinho was trying to injure everyone. I can see them roughing spurs up as there CL return next week is just a few days before there league clash. Fernardinho and Co be under orders. Erickson probably get it next. Anyway if we win all our matches think we win the league don't drop any points. I praying city do somewhere. Maybe palace though there already safe as woy has said on motd
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2297: Apr 12, 2019 01:23:21 pm

Of course Newcastle will be focussed and wanting the win, Rafa doesn’t play to just make up the numbers and go through the motions. Chances are the teams around Newcastle will all be finishing on similar points so will all want to finish as high as they possibly can because the higher they finish means the more money they get. Money the managers will hope will be put to improving the team for next season.

Makes no difference if the bottom 3 are confirmed when there is still places to play for.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,310 posts | 1521 
      Reply #2298: Apr 12, 2019 06:10:34 pm
      I’m not overly concerned about the bar codes, or anyone else after Sunday.
      I ve gone for a two nil win for us against the Chavs, but I do think this is our Prem title game.
      I seriously think as long as win on Sunday, we will win the Prem.
      We’ve overcome some decent sides recently to get in this position, so let the band play on.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2299: Apr 14, 2019 04:03:58 pm
      So another offside goal for city. No team bothers even to attack them. If spurs don't get points next weekend. There only team who will attack city. The rest will rollover.

Quick Reply