Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

We are top of the league!

Read 422977 times
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #2323: Apr 15, 2019 08:06:37 am
      Every team that plays city is afraid to even tackle them. Just lye down and invite pressure on. I'm finding it really difficult to see where city drop points. That wee c**t sterling is putting them in from everywhere and de bryne is back pulling strings. I live in hope but cannot see united stalling them they been toothless lately. I thought spurs had them at home nor away so now not so sure. Surely someone can be like Swansea and F***ing go at them. Trouble is with sterling sane aguero b. Silva d. Silva they just have so much fkn trickery. Maybe spurs can nick a point. Live in hope.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2324: Apr 15, 2019 08:13:08 am
      F**k me this has turned into the ‘throw the towel in’ thread!
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2325: Apr 15, 2019 08:15:15 am
      United x players coming out and saying they rather lose against city if it stops lpool winning the league. Shows how pathetic they are. Prepared to give up top 4 and possibly lose pogba and not attract any decent players in the summer. I think United will lack intensity for that game. I think Leicester and spurs our best chance to do us a favour. Still then we have to claim maximum points. Don't think newcastle away or wolves be easy. By way great performance yesterday. It's just our luck again any other year we be champions already.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2326: Apr 15, 2019 08:18:46 am
      Incredible win yesterday and if we go on to win our next four but still don’t win the title FairPlay fookin play to city because they will have earned it (it would mean something like 14 wins on the bounce to close the season) The mental resolve of both sides this season has been amazing. We’ve just got to keep the pressure on and force them to take maximum points. Can’t do anymore than that. I still think the Newcastle game will be very tough for us the way they defend. I’m still trying to work out if it’s better for us if city get past Spurs on Wednesday night or not? A loss might just put a dampener on everything but a win will test their squad and ensure their focus is split. Think I’m hedging towards the loss being better though.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2327: Apr 15, 2019 08:20:21 am
      United x players coming out and saying they rather lose against city if it stops lpool winning the league. Shows how pathetic they are. Prepared to give up top 4 and possibly lose pogba and not attract any decent players in the summer. I think United will lack intensity for that game. I think Leicester and spurs our best chance to do us a favour. Still then we have to claim maximum points. Don't think newcastle away or wolves be easy. By way great performance yesterday. It's just our luck again any other year we be champions already.

Have they really? Who? That’s ridiculous, can understand the fans saying it but not the players. Rooting for the boomers tonight so that they need the win or points st the least when they play city.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2328: Apr 15, 2019 11:18:54 am
      Palace disappointed me yesterday, they were pretty rubbish. Expected more of a fight from them.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2329: Apr 15, 2019 11:19:45 am

Dont believe that about United players.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2330: Apr 15, 2019 11:21:39 am
      Incredible win yesterday and if we go on to win our next four but still don’t win the title FairPlay fookin play to city because they will have earned it (it would mean something like 14 wins on the bounce to close the season) The mental resolve of both sides this season has been amazing. We’ve just got to keep the pressure on and force them to take maximum points. Can’t do anymore than that. I still think the Newcastle game will be very tough for us the way they defend. I’m still trying to work out if it’s better for us if city get past Spurs on Wednesday night or not? A loss might just put a dampener on everything but a win will test their squad and ensure their focus is split. Think I’m hedging towards the loss being better though.

Im not worried about any games we have left, we are too good for all of the teams.

Cardiff will be tough as they can mathematically stay up, but that means they have to attack, which opens the door for our attack.

The rest will be in holiday mode, as all safe, and none can get into Europe.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2331: Apr 15, 2019 12:11:58 pm
      Dont believe that about United players.
      United should be going all out for the win. Ex players and manager has said it would be there worst nightmare if pool won. Even all there so called fans want city to win. The way United are playing at moment is awful anyway even west ham battered them. With city at full strength they won't get near them. I'm hoping spurs might nick a point. If they don't can't see who will. Anyway if there any justice in this world and going by all our near misses in past leagues and our last four Cup finals when at times it been the ref who decided the outcome. If justice prevails pool win league. Can't take more heartache. The boys have been brilliant we might not be in this position for a few years again.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2332: Apr 15, 2019 12:16:34 pm
      Man united even if they don't submit are playing terrible at moment. City will beat them. Maybe Leicester will be the team to do us a favour. Brendy be up for that one.

I bet Spurs or Man Utd get at least a draw in their games. Tell me how well were Everton playing before they drew against us, was it sh*t or crap?? and still they frustrated us and got a draw which is by far the most usual result in a derby game.

Derby games are weird animals where form goes out of the window and Utd would love to beat Citeh, if for no other reason than to help them get 4th place and CL.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2333: Apr 15, 2019 12:19:52 pm
      It's a real shame for us how fixtures have panned out. Hopefully United will be out of the CL with their only hope of retaining their place in beating United.

If they just concentrate on themselves they should see that we've done them a big favour beating Chelsea.

Their manager might well need this win or he could be looking at a future back in Norway. Whether or not they are capable,
      well that's another matter.

F**k that we don't want Solskjaer back, Molde, his old club, have started the season really well! ;-)
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2334: Apr 15, 2019 12:24:18 pm
      United should be going all out for the win. Ex players and manager has said it would be there worst nightmare if pool won. Even all there so called fans want city to win. The way United are playing at moment is awful anyway even west ham battered them. With city at full strength they won't get near them. I'm hoping spurs might nick a point. If they don't can't see who will. Anyway if there any justice in this world and going by all our near misses in past leagues and our last four Cup finals when at times it been the ref who decided the outcome. If justice prevails pool win league. Can't take more heartache. The boys have been brilliant we might not be in this position for a few years again.

Yea, they are playing pretty sh1t, just got to hope, as its a derby it will be a close game.

And agree about Spuds having a good chance as well.

2 draws would be nice eh. :-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2335: Apr 15, 2019 12:26:14 pm

Utd have been a bit flat recently, but is that maybe because Herrera is not playing, is he back soon? In any case teams with as much quality as Utd can suddenly snap back into form, just look at Chelsea who were dogshit a few weeks ago but are now playing very nice football and gave a us a real game yesterday. I still fancy Utd to beat Citeh, I think they will give 100% in that game, for pride and also to try and secure CL.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2336: Apr 15, 2019 12:35:03 pm
      If Mancheater throw the City game they really will be living up to their nickname.

But the money men behind Mancheater U won't let that happen.Besides Arsenal are still in with a big shout.They have a game in hand on Spurs & United and 2 games in hand on Chelsea. Interesting squabble for the 2 remaining top 4 places.

Champions league is very important to these 4 teams. United will be trying V City.Could be a draw which would be enough if we take Max points.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2337: Apr 15, 2019 12:39:57 pm
      Why are city getting to play all there remaining games the day before us. Is that not an unfair advantage and two matches against spurs and Leicester at noon. Meaning harder for away fans to get there on time and a serious disadvantage to away side having to travel and be ready for away game so early.  You rarely see away teams win on morning kick off. These matches been better at 3 and for fans too of away team.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2338: Apr 15, 2019 12:44:38 pm
      If Mancheater throw the City game they really will be living up to their nickname.

But the money men behind Mancheater U won't let that happen.Besides Arsenal are still in with a big shout.They have a game in hand on Spurs & United and 2 games in hand on Chelsea. Interesting squabble for the 2 remaining top 4 places.

Champions league is very important to these 4 teams. United will be trying V City.Could be a draw which would be enough if we take Max points.
      Are United playing well enough to stop likes of two silvas, aguero, sane, sterling, de bryne and Co. Its doubtful unless de gea has a worldy.They have so much pace and be more motivated than united that they get in somewhere over 90 odd mins. I'm hoping I am so wrong. I just can't see it been United there woeful at moment. So much for olly 😂.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2339: Apr 15, 2019 12:51:06 pm
      Would it be any advantage  city getting knocked out on weds as it might damage there confidence as they never F**k up about quadruple and it would sicken the oil men as that's there holy grail. Or better they win so they have an extra two matches in champions league semis like we most likely will have?? 🙄
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2340: Apr 15, 2019 01:07:04 pm
      Are United playing well enough to stop likes of two silvas, aguero, sane, sterling, de bryne and Co. Its doubtful unless de gea has a worldy.They have so much pace and be more motivated than united that they get in somewhere over 90 odd mins. I'm hoping I am so wrong. I just can't see it been United there woeful at moment. So much for olly 😂.

Well yes but I think this could be our only hope.I can't see Spurs taking 2 pts off them. The hired Gun will struggle to get United back into the top 2/3 over the next few seasons and won't dare upset the money men behind the club. They don't give a toss who wins the league. MONEY is what inspires these guys.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2341: Apr 15, 2019 01:09:03 pm

Why would City be more motivated than Utd, plus where are the quotes form current players saying they are going to throw the game?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2342: Apr 15, 2019 01:12:26 pm
      Would it be any advantage  city getting knocked out on weds as it might damage there confidence as they never f**k up about quadruple and it would sicken the oil men as that's there holy grail. Or better they win so they have an extra two matches in champions league semis like we most likely will have?? 🙄

A really tough brusing game please, and Citeh winning by luck or a dodgy decision to fire Spurs up into getting revenge a few days later.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2343: Apr 15, 2019 01:12:55 pm
      Well yes but I think this could be our only hope.I can't see Spurs taking 2 pts off them. The hired Gun will struggle to get United back into the top 2/3 over the next few seasons and won't dare upset the money men behind the club. They don't give a toss who wins the league. MONEY is what inspires these guys.

Did you see Spurs beating them last week?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2344: Apr 15, 2019 01:14:47 pm
      Imagine going into the Wolves game 4 points clear at the top of the table..😳
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2345: Apr 15, 2019 02:02:12 pm
      Imagine going into the Wolves game 4 points clear at the top of the table..😳
      Can't even imagine that

Quick Reply