Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

We are top of the league!

Read 422974 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #2346: Apr 15, 2019 02:04:26 pm
      Did you see Spurs beating them last week?

Indeed I did..but did you notice it was a Home game for Spurs and the league game is away and my judgement is a home win for City.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2347: Apr 15, 2019 02:06:25 pm
      Why would City be more motivated than Utd, plus where are the quotes form current players saying they are going to throw the game?
      X players have been on radio talksport and in social media. The fans all be behind shitty. Even if United go for it and  dont think they put a tackle in city man for man are much stronger. United are rubbish at minute. Yes if they don't fkn start playing soon they can kiss goodbye to top 4. There just so many levels below city. I think spurs have a better chance of nicking a point of  city maybe if fernardinho dosent try kick them off the field like he tried in first leg.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2348: Apr 15, 2019 02:15:41 pm

I can, I really don't think this will go to the final day, I think we win it if we beat Newcastle.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #2349: Apr 15, 2019 02:20:04 pm
      Winning the league and beating city in the champions league final.  Now that would be awesome 🤔
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2350: Apr 15, 2019 02:21:18 pm
      X players have been on radio talksport and in social media. The fans all be behind shitty. Even if United go for it and  dont think they put a tackle in city man for man are much stronger. United are rubbish at minute. Yes if they don't fkn start playing soon they can kiss goodbye to top 4. There just so many levels below city. I think spurs have a better chance of nicking a point of  city maybe if fernardinho dosent try kick them off the field like he tried in first leg.

So you really think the Utd fans will be booing if their team score, come on now, that's just bollocks and you know it is. I'd like to see someone kick Fernandinho off the field, unbelievable what that w**ker gets away with every match, will be fun to see Troy Deeney up against him in the FA Cup final!
      Utd properly motivated are a match for anyone, just ask PSG or any other team they faced when they had their Solskjaer bounce. If he can get them playing again, which I'm sure he will as we are talking about CL qualification here, then they are more than dangerous enough to hurt Citeh.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2351: Apr 15, 2019 02:25:17 pm
      Leicester might have a chance.City will have played Spurs twice, then United away,then Burnley away so not a doddle by any reckoning..then they play the mighty Leicester City...a fine team managed by that charismatic charmer Brendan Rodgers. At home...but Leicester do have a bit of pace on the break and Rodgers might just poke Pep in the eye.

Obviously Rodgers fancies himself and he came south for just these challengers...probably get thrashed..4-0..
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2352: Apr 15, 2019 03:02:08 pm
      Well it's just brilliant here we are in April still in champions league and fighting for the title. It shows how far we come in a few years. Not so long ago we would been in 6th or 7th and lucky to have europa league following year. Incredible journey we been on all we need for the great work klopp has done since he came in is a trophy. We been unlucky in years we fought for silverware before please let this year be our year.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2353: Apr 15, 2019 03:03:26 pm
      I can, I really don't think this will go to the final day, I think we win it if we beat Newcastle.
      So who takes points off city
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2354: Apr 15, 2019 03:07:09 pm
      So you really think the Utd fans will be booing if their team score, come on now, that's just bollocks and you know it is. I'd like to see someone kick Fernandinho off the field, unbelievable what that w**ker gets away with every match, will be fun to see Troy Deeney up against him in the FA Cup final!
      Utd properly motivated are a match for anyone, just ask PSG or any other team they faced when they had their Solskjaer bounce. If he can get them playing again, which I'm sure he will as we are talking about CL qualification here, then they are more than dangerous enough to hurt Citeh.
      There not near same level as city. West ham dominated them and there rubbish. I can't see anything but an easy city win 3-1 at old Trafford. United are awful. I know they have top 4 to play for but still we're awful against hammers. Been sh*te since soljkaear honeymoon ended. But we will see. A one in 10 chance I think. Anyway that's for another day
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2355: Apr 15, 2019 03:11:24 pm
      Yes unbelievable is right what fernardinho gets away with. He trod on kane then elbowed him when he was on the floor. Took Ali down and tried to go through Erik'son. I guarantee pep starts him tomorrow to put a marker on spurs best players and leave them in a heap. I can't understand why this c**t is not banned
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2356: Apr 15, 2019 03:19:55 pm
      Utd have been a bit flat recently, but is that maybe because Herrera is not playing, is he back soon? In any case teams with as much quality as Utd can suddenly snap back into form, just look at Chelsea who were dogshit a few weeks ago but are now playing very nice football and gave a us a real game yesterday. I still fancy Utd to beat Citeh, I think they will give 100% in that game, for pride and also to try and secure CL.
      No herrera not guna play. He refused a new contract and on his way to Paris it seems. It be mc to money and pogba in middle
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2357: Apr 15, 2019 03:27:40 pm
      😂.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2358: Apr 15, 2019 03:30:10 pm
      Palace disappointed me yesterday, they were pretty rubbish. Expected more of a fight from them.

A team of athletes but very few footballers. The Owl's default setting. Usually strong enough and quick enough to stay up, but don't expect anything else from them.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2359: Apr 15, 2019 03:58:33 pm
      Really can't see Spurs getting anything from City in the league game. Think Spurs' only hope in that game is if they control the midweek game and take that momentum into the league game. Kane is a massive loss for them.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2360: Apr 15, 2019 04:03:52 pm
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2361: Apr 15, 2019 04:19:23 pm

Both Spurs and Man Utd and I honestly think Burnley can hurt any team on their day plus Leicester are a very good counter attacking football team. As much as people bemoan us dropping points to us, they really were very good that night.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2362: Apr 15, 2019 04:20:27 pm
      There not near same level as city. West ham dominated them and there rubbish. I can't see anything but an easy city win 3-1 at old Trafford. United are awful. I know they have top 4 to play for but still we're awful against hammers. Been sh*te since soljkaear honeymoon ended. But we will see. A one in 10 chance I think. Anyway that's for another day

1 in 10 chance of Utd winning, I'll take those odds if you are offering ;-)
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2363: Apr 15, 2019 04:20:29 pm
      I just hope city don't try and kick spurs best players on weds  culprit no 1 fernardinho and therefore miss there league clash sat. City were very physical last week against them hence kane n Ali injured. Also that they don't concede an early goal in league game.   Can't wait till we take our place in semis also. I think we have as good a chance as anyone in CL.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2364: Apr 15, 2019 04:22:32 pm
      Both Spurs and Man Utd and I honestly think Burnley can hurt any team on their day plus Leicester are a very good counter attacking football team. As much as people bemoan us dropping points to us, they really were very good that night.
      Well mate we will see. I'd be overjoyed if even one team could take a point off them. I can't see who will but football is not played on paper so who knows.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2365: Apr 15, 2019 04:26:00 pm
      Well mate we will see. I'd be overjoyed if even one team could take a point off them. I can't see who will but football is not played on paper so who knows.

Anything to bring some joy into your life! :-)
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #2366: Apr 15, 2019 04:28:14 pm
      If Mancheater throw the City game they really will be living up to their nickname.

But the money men behind Mancheater U won't let that happen.Besides Arsenal are still in with a big shout.They have a game in hand on Spurs & United and 2 games in hand on Chelsea. Interesting squabble for the 2 remaining top 4 places.

Champions league is very important to these 4 teams. United will be trying V City.Could be a draw which would be enough if we take Max points.

There is no way Utd will throw in the towel CL football is massively important and they need every point they can come across. I just don’t think they’ll be good enough to compete with Citeh
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2367: Apr 15, 2019 04:46:52 pm
      A team of athletes but very few footballers. The Owl's default setting. Usually strong enough and quick enough to stay up, but don't expect anything else from them.

Agreed. But in seasons past they have pulled off shocks v the big boys.

they are safe now, so holiday mode for them now. ;D.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #2368: Apr 15, 2019 07:20:14 pm
      This thread!

We are still F***ing top!Hope to F**k y'all aren't anywhere near me when we win the F***ing thing! :food-smiley-005: :kop5cf8koxp6:

Quick Reply