Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

We are top of the league!

Read 425910 times
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,165 posts | 514 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #2369: Apr 15, 2019 07:41:27 pm
      The irony of talksport. One minute it's salah diving all season and Liverpool luck. The very next topic is how hard it is how Cardiff never get any pens or  any decisions. The irony when we play Cardiff next.

You need to calm down fella and take some chill pills.  ;D
      It's out of our hands at the moment, but as Greavsie always said " It's a funny old game".
      Someone don't know who, will draw with them then it's down to us.
      Just Believe.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,170 posts | 1384 
      Reply #2370: Apr 15, 2019 10:38:56 pm
      Arsenal nicked a 1-0 win away to Watford. So the race for the other two top 4 places tightens up. Pressure on Spurs..pressure on United..both have to play City.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #2371: Apr 15, 2019 11:14:37 pm
      Something changed when we beat Chelsea. I went from thinking we won't win it to thinking we really could win it!

I don't know, but, beating Chelsea seemed to be the point where City fully realised this wasn't going to be a cakewalk after all.

We are at that moment when it suddenly dawns on Apollo Creed that he's in for a loooong night :D
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #2372: Apr 16, 2019 09:13:05 am
      Nothing is won or lost yet. Everyone just need to remain focussed 100% and do the remaining job tgat is required of and lets hope for the best.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #2373: Apr 16, 2019 12:27:45 pm
      Be useful for us if Brighton turn over Cardiff tonight; Cardiff's hopes of staying up increases dramatically if they win.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #2374: Apr 16, 2019 01:24:40 pm
      Really can't see Spurs getting anything from City in the league game. Think Spurs' only hope in that game is if they control the midweek game and take that momentum into the league game. Kane is a massive loss for them.

Not sure mate, I fancy Spurs taking points off them more so than scum. They're in their new stadium, pressure is sky high to make CL next year to pay their bills for the new stadium and they'll be fancying themselves to go for it after last week's win.

United, are just pure sh1t and won't get a sniff I feel.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2375: Apr 16, 2019 01:37:44 pm
      Not sure mate, I fancy Spurs taking points off them more so than scum. They're in their new stadium, pressure is sky high to make CL next year to pay their bills for the new stadium and they'll be fancying themselves to go for it after last week's win.

United, are just pure sh1t and won't get a sniff I feel.

I hope you are right, the thing that makes me most worried is that the league game isn't at the new stadium, it's at the Etihad.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #2376: Apr 16, 2019 03:36:57 pm
      I hope you are right, the thing that makes me most worried is that the league game isn't at the new stadium, it's at the Etihad.

Ah you're right, and it's an early kick off which favours City. I'm more worried now. Still think City will drop points. Away to Utd then away to Burnley 4 days later + the CL game tomorrow...if they come away with 3 league wins from that fixture pile up, frankly they deserve to win it.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2377: Apr 16, 2019 03:46:47 pm

Pure joy! JFT96
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #2378: Apr 16, 2019 04:05:55 pm

Nice to see Sami following his old club so closely  :)
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2379: Apr 16, 2019 04:11:37 pm
      Lovren out again ffs only a game back. I'd get rid in the summer. I was guna say the same about matip but he impressed me when he's played and has remained injury free unlike last year
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2380: Apr 16, 2019 04:23:43 pm
      Be useful for us if Brighton turn over Cardiff tonight; Cardiff's hopes of staying up increases dramatically if they win.

The opposite is true, its better if those 2 are tussling it out to avoid relegation right up to the final game of the season where Citeh have Brighton away.
      Whether or not Cardiff win tonight they will still be fighting on Sunday when we play them, but if we can't beat them then I don't know what the f is going on, they are really sh*te!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2381: Apr 16, 2019 04:26:08 pm
      Lovren out again ffs only a game back. I'd get rid in the summer. I was guna say the same about matip but he impressed me when he's played and has remained injury free unlike last year

Injured again, that's ridiculous, has he played more than 5 games for us this season? I would be looking at getting one more top CB in in the summer and keeping Matip as the 4th choice back up. The self proclaimed best CB in the world can toddle off to somebody else's treatment room.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2382: Apr 16, 2019 04:28:00 pm

Echo says its an Illness. So probs ok for weekend.

Seems Matip, Lovren & Gomez, all have their share of bad luck with Injuries over the years though, all of them are due a good run. As you say nice to see Matip getting a  good long run.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #2383: Apr 16, 2019 04:31:48 pm
      The opposite is true, its better if those 2 are tussling it out to avoid relegation right up to the final game of the season where Citeh have Brighton away.
      Whether or not Cardiff win tonight they will still be fighting on Sunday when we play them, but if we can't beat them then I don't know what the f is going on, they are really sh*te!
      Nope!  If Cardiff lose tonight, they're 8 behind Brighton with us & Utd to play in their last 4 matches.  All over, effectively.  If we're relying on Brighton to carry on their losing streak then hoping they take points off City, we're f###ed!!
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2384: Apr 16, 2019 05:01:21 pm
      I cant stand that Adrian durham always on about liverpool and there luck. Though arsenal fans must hate him more ;D. He never says anything when United fans when they ring in or ask them how many titles would have won if old whiskey snout wasn't referring there own matches and there fergie time goals miles over added time.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2385: Apr 16, 2019 08:55:47 pm
      Barca totally overrunning United gere ;D. Messi on a different planet. Unbelievable first half. Ajax v juve very close. Love to see ajax go through.
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #2386: Apr 16, 2019 08:57:51 pm
      Cardiff 2 up at Brighton, maybe a tougher game there than expected next?
      « Last Edit: Apr 16, 2019 09:59:32 pm by LFC PAUL »
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2387: Apr 16, 2019 09:02:22 pm
      Cardiff 2 up at Brighton, maybe a  tougher game there than expected  next?
      Yeah if Cardiff lost they be relegated which would suit us now they believe they can possibly still stay up. Should be too way to strong for them but now they believe.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2388: Apr 16, 2019 09:05:30 pm
      I'd prefer if anders herrera was playing in United midfield I'd feel more confident when they play  city. But it seems he not playing since  he won't sign new contract. Mc tomanney been totally out of  his depth
      Kopite78
      Reply #2389: Apr 16, 2019 09:17:10 pm
      Yeah if Cardiff lost they be relegated which would suit us now they believe they can possibly still stay up. Should be too way to strong for them but now they believe.

They can believe all they like cause I know what I believe and that is that we are a far better side than they'll ever be
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2390: Apr 16, 2019 09:21:16 pm
      Couts with a wonder strike there. Barca are on fire. Brilliant to watch. What a semi it would be pool v barca.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2391: Apr 16, 2019 09:47:24 pm
      They can believe all they like cause I know what I believe and that is that we are a far better side than they'll ever be
      If you listen to mister Adrian durham he giving off were getting all the decisions and luck this season n poor warnocks side is getting none at all.

Quick Reply