Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

We are top of the league!

Read 422996 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #2737: Apr 26, 2019 10:13:33 pm
      Forcing city to win it and perform to the very last. Sign of a great team that we don’t relent.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #2738: Apr 26, 2019 11:39:34 pm
      Never thought I'd see 90+.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2739: Apr 26, 2019 11:42:06 pm

Every other manager that's hit 90+ has won the league.
      Typical LFC luck to be up against the most expensively assembled squad in PL history.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2740: Apr 27, 2019 12:25:25 am
      I ant see burnley or Brighton causing city problems cos they sit back invite city on to them and one poor challenge sterling or sane will go do if they were shot. Leicester are different cos if city attack Leicester have pace on the counter and if kompany plays he's slow. He fouled rashford three or four times and got away with it. Question is if chances arrive can they take them.

Burnley can win if they are physical against City and wind them up, plus they are plenty dangerous, especially at set pieces.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2741: Apr 27, 2019 01:26:48 am

Happy birthday JD... 🎂
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2742: Apr 27, 2019 07:23:44 am
      My manc mate texted me last night to say we’d beat Huddersfield 5-0 and that City would slip up at Burnley. The bitter b***ard is halfway there!!

Good professional job last night and it was great to keep the pressure on whilst resting a couple of players.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #2743: Apr 27, 2019 07:47:12 am
      Burnley can win if they are physical against City and wind them up, plus they are plenty dangerous, especially at set pieces.
      At this stage of the season mate it’s all down to the fact of which team or teams are willing to have a go at city & do us a favour,obviously the same could be said for the remaining teams that play us.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2744: Apr 27, 2019 10:58:05 am

Yeah hopefully turn it into a battle rather than an actual footy match. Even a draw would be a great result for us.

It's the hope that kills you.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #2745: Apr 27, 2019 10:58:53 am
      Quote from JD
      Never thought I'd see 90+.

It looks like it will be 95+.

People go on about City's finances all the time. They bought one player last summer. A 70m quid man to sit on the bench, that blasted a penalty halfway to Southport, and has made limited impact.

The real difference there is Guardiola. Before he arrived, they didn't win many titles, and teams would give them a proper game. The way he has them playing means the rest just roll over before ko.

Thankfully we don't, but if we want to challenge him and them, we need at least 95 points per season, and take it from there.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2746: Apr 27, 2019 12:18:06 pm
      We're just boss, aren't we? Cool as F**k. No doubt in my mind that we were out for goals, the first two touches from Huddersfield told us everything we needed to know after Naby pressed expertly after 10 seconds.

Now we're within range of City's goal difference (+3), and back at the summit.

Over to you, Manchester blues.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2747: Apr 27, 2019 09:02:32 pm
      It looks like it will be 95+.

People go on about City's finances all the time. They bought one player last summer. A 70m quid man to sit on the bench, that blasted a penalty halfway to Southport, and has made limited impact.

The real difference there is Guardiola. Before he arrived, they didn't win many titles, and teams would give them a proper game. The way he has them playing means the rest just roll over before ko.

Thankfully we don't, but if we want to challenge him and them, we need at least 95 points per season, and take it from there.

And how much did they spend the year before and the one before that etc? The answer is that they have bought themselves into this position, but spent very well.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2748: Apr 28, 2019 12:18:24 pm
      I think we have more difficult fixtures left. We play at nou camp weds night so only two days off and we have to travel to Newcastle. I don't no why wasn't left to Sunday and anfield barca return weds. 3 matches now in 6 days. Then wolves who are flying and have Europe on there mind and have beat all the big sides. They will be a danger. Burnley Brighton and Leicester I think is easier fixtures for city. There hardest is today if come through that I can't see any problem. Pep has them fired up even using phycology oh if we drop two points title race is over. I think he has them so hyped up they won't lose focus. If giving choice of PL or champions league I'd always prefer champions league it's the much bigger comp. I think  if we get over  barca we win it as ajax or spurs will be too inexperienced in the final. In meantime praying for somehow Burnley can do something today. Heartbreaking in extreme to think we could have near 100 points and only one loss and not win the league. So proud of boys but so deserve silverware. Please burnley do us a favour.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #2749: May 01, 2019 12:01:46 am
      Quote from barney73
      I think we have more difficult fixtures left. We play at nou camp weds night so only two days off and we have to travel to Newcastle. I don't no why wasn't left to Sunday and anfield barca return weds. 3 matches now in 6 days.

The reason is clear. We play the first leg on Wednesday, therefore the second leg is automatically on Tuesday. That is the way the competition is scheduled. Therefore the league game must be on Saturday. The same busy schedule applies to Barcelona. There is no advantage.

The travel itself is first class travel with everything the players need, done for them. All they have to do is get themselves onboard the bus/plane. We've played 3 games in 6 days this season before, with no problems. We've played 3 games in 6 days in previous seasons, with no problems. It should not be a problem now.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2750: May 01, 2019 09:28:05 am
      I think we have more difficult fixtures left. We play at nou camp weds night so only two days off and we have to travel to Newcastle. I don't no why wasn't left to Sunday and anfield barca return weds. 3 matches now in 6 days. Then wolves who are flying and have Europe on there mind and have beat all the big sides. They will be a danger. Burnley Brighton and Leicester I think is easier fixtures for city. There hardest is today if come through that I can't see any problem. Pep has them fired up even using phycology oh if we drop two points title race is over. I think he has them so hyped up they won't lose focus. If giving choice of PL or champions league I'd always prefer champions league it's the much bigger comp. I think  if we get over  barca we win it as ajax or spurs will be too inexperienced in the final. In meantime praying for somehow Burnley can do something today. Heartbreaking in extreme to think we could have near 100 points and only one loss and not win the league. So proud of boys but so deserve silverware. Please burnley do us a favour.

Travel to Newcastle ?  its like 3hrs on a bus. ;D.

And its a saturday evening, we love an evening KO. Newcastle are safe, and have a few injuries to top players, so rafa will rotate.

Also wolves is a great last fixture, they are a footi team, who are safe, who will not park the bus, should be a great open game, which will suit us.

City have a resurgent leicester to play, then a tricky away trip to Brighton, who might still need a point or a win to stay up.

But I do expect City to win both, as most do, but you never know what can happen. Christ we could both lose a game, or draw. WTFK. ;D
      « Last Edit: May 01, 2019 09:55:22 am by brezipool »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2751: May 01, 2019 09:57:12 am
      We play at nou camp weds night so only two days off and we have to travel to Newcastle. I don't no why wasn't left to Sunday and anfield barca return weds. 3 matches now in 6 days

Yeah it’s such a long way from Liverpool to Newcastle... Christ give your head a wobble lad. If you are moaning about having 3 games in 6 days at this stage of the season then go support a team like Newcastle because like it or not, if you want to be competing for the major honours then this what you have to do. We’ve had a bigger gap between games than Spurs so be grateful. We’ve proved over the Xmas period we are more than capable of doing well in a number of games in a small time frame.
      You don’t see City bitching and moaning about when they had so many games, they got on with it and would give their bollocks to have the games we have over the next week.

ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #2752: May 03, 2019 02:36:19 pm
      https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48120368

Sometimes painful but nostalgic trip down memory lane. I think Barnes is spot on though, this team is different...
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2753: May 03, 2019 05:50:51 pm
      Travel to Newcastle ?  its like 3hrs on a bus. ;D.

And its a saturday evening, we love an evening KO. Newcastle are safe, and have a few injuries to top players, so rafa will rotate.

Also wolves is a great last fixture, they are a footi team, who are safe, who will not park the bus, should be a great open game, which will suit us.

City have a resurgent leicester to play, then a tricky away trip to Brighton, who might still need a point or a win to stay up.

But I do expect City to win both, as most do, but you never know what can happen. Christ we could both lose a game, or draw. WTFK. ;D
      First newcastle will play there strongest team. They want to finish as high as possible. Did you hear that c**t Goldstein on sprts bar last night. He said arsenal should rett players v brighton on Saturday so Brighton get a result. Anyway hopefully lads are ready to put the pressure back on tomorrow night. Hopefully a big lfc supportat newcastle
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #2754: May 03, 2019 10:51:35 pm
      Quote from barney73
      Did you hear that c**t Goldstein on sprts bar last night. He said arsenal should rett players v brighton on Saturday so Brighton get a result.

Funny how you seem fascinated by what Arsenal fans say, Spurs fans say, Chelsea fans say, City fans say, mancs etc say about Liverpool on the internet.

Funny how you seem less fascinated by  what Liverpool fans say on the internet about Liverpool.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #2755: May 04, 2019 02:18:33 pm
      It will be so ironic if Brendan delivers us the league.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #2756: May 04, 2019 02:28:39 pm
      Funny how you seem fascinated by what Arsenal fans say, Spurs fans say, Chelsea fans say, City fans say, mancs etc say about Liverpool on the internet.

Funny how you seem less fascinated by  what Liverpool fans say on the internet about Liverpool.
      And what
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2757: May 04, 2019 04:40:30 pm
      Liverpool win
      Brighton loss
      Cardiff win
      Cardiff win

Oh and a City loss while we’re at please....
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2758: May 04, 2019 04:48:08 pm
      Going to be a tough match this after Wednesday's disapointment. Quick turnaround but this weekend represents our last hope really. Get the win and then put the last bit of pressure on City. Leicester with a bit to play for with them looking at Europa League qualification.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #2759: May 04, 2019 07:29:06 pm
      well Cardiff are down Brighton are safe only Leicester now   :f_doh:

Quick Reply