Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

We are top of the league!

Read 422845 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #2967: Oct 06, 2019 07:52:25 pm
      As the Jürgen said. Better to win 8 games 1-0 than to win 1 game 8-0.

And just to add to the weekend euphoria, Stevie G goes top of the scottish prem as well.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2968: Oct 06, 2019 08:09:03 pm
      Yeah...two matches we need to play isn't it? I want to win that could we make an argument to play a second string side in that competition? Leave a few key players in England?

Will need a strong side for the final but expect a number of squad players for the semi.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2969: Oct 06, 2019 08:10:31 pm
      This would also be a good time and place to remind you that, at present, Everton are in the relegation zone.

Told them to go for Sean Dyche.

Great weekend for us. Top by a genuine 8 points.City beat,United beat,Spurs beat,Gerrard top...all we need now is for Johnson to get chucked in the Tower and for Trump to get his big fat head stuck in a feckin' chicken bucket...can't wack it Del boy..
      « Last Edit: Oct 06, 2019 08:15:34 pm by Harrisimo »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2970: Oct 06, 2019 09:42:03 pm
      Is that a question or a statement or you just talking sh*te lad?

It's f**king October, how about the team just carry on winning games, we carry on supporting the team and stop counting our f**king chickens.

Make that a Banner bud and take it to all our games!!!! It's F***ing October, so long to go!
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #2971: Oct 06, 2019 09:46:42 pm
      8 points clear . Happy days
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #2972: Oct 06, 2019 09:48:48 pm
      As a few have already alluded to let's just keep our focus. United were very ordinary last season and we couldn't win and it cost us . Let's worry about us and not the carnage around us
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #2973: Oct 06, 2019 09:49:58 pm
      As a few have already alluded to let's just keep our focus. United were very ordinary last season and we couldn't win and it cost us . Let's worry about us and not the carnage around us

Cant wait to play the scum . 7-0 ;D
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #2974: Oct 06, 2019 10:01:16 pm
      Funny thing, if we can go to Old Trafford and pick up 3 points there, that will convince me more than anything that we can win it. Make no mistake, they ain't going to roll over.

But then, neither will we.

Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2975: Oct 06, 2019 10:34:03 pm
      Obviously we've all had a good gloat today but the Boss won't be getting carried away.I'll carry on saying we should be looking to buy more strength, more goal threat.

This is going to be harder than last season and I just think we need one or two than can add strength and goal threat.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #2976: Oct 06, 2019 10:38:40 pm
      So, to sum the weekend up, we win with a controversial pen in the last min of time added on.

City get stuffed at home!

Spurs get stuffed again!

Utd fail to score AGAIN and lose AGAIN.

Everton go back into their rightful place (the relegation zone).

We finish 8 points clear going into the international break.

If Carlsberg did football weekend's....
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #2977: Oct 06, 2019 11:13:52 pm
      The best part? They've yet to come at Anfield >:D
      Been thinking about this game all day, few tough fixtures before that but I think if we can sustain this lead until then Pep will have to come out looking for the win and he’s said in the past if you open up even by 1% against Liverpool you’re in trouble... now factor in their defensive issues and I’m probably totally jumping the gun but I’m just hoping we can go into that game with the 8 point lead still in tact!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #2978: Oct 06, 2019 11:56:53 pm
      So, to sum the weekend up, we win with a controversial pen in the last min of time added on.

City get stuffed at home!

Spurs get stuffed again!

Utd fail to score AGAIN and lose AGAIN.

Everton go back into their rightful place (the relegation zone).

We finish 8 points clear going into the international break.

If Carlsberg did football weekend's....

And Stevie is top in Scotland
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #2979: Oct 07, 2019 12:07:59 am
      And Stevie is top in Scotland

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #2980: Oct 07, 2019 12:19:00 am
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #2981: Oct 07, 2019 02:48:34 am
      At this point anyone who played yesterday (other than Lallana) shouldn't even be a thought in the League Cup, FA Cup, or Club World Cup. Let's win this F***ing thing

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2982: Oct 07, 2019 09:25:23 am
      Amazing that they are 8 points back and gave a better GD than us. That’s nuts.

That's mostly due to their 8-0 win over Watford.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2983: Oct 07, 2019 09:35:48 am
      At this point anyone who played yesterday (other than Lallana) shouldn't even be a thought in the League Cup, FA Cup, or Club World Cup. Let's win this f**king thing

What rubbish, we have a big enough squad to compete in all those competitions, I really really want us to win the Club World Cup, that is basically just 1.5 games as its only in the final we'll have any potential competition. Having said all that we should be resting players for the League cup game against the Arse, but then I'm sure they will be as well.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2984: Oct 07, 2019 11:03:28 am
      What rubbish, we have a big enough squad to compete in all those competitions, I really really want us to win the Club World Cup, that is basically just 1.5 games as its only in the final we'll have any potential competition. Having said all that we should be resting players for the League cup game against the Arse, but then I'm sure they will be as well.

Correct.

The reality is, Klopp will go with a similar team as he did last round anyway, which was pretty decent.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #2985: Oct 07, 2019 12:40:33 pm

All acceptable beside the opening statement, only biased pundits like Shearer and those with an agenda would describe the pen as "controversial"!
      Manè was sandwiched between two defenders one of who clipped him from behind in the area, the slow down of the incident is irrefutable and the defender who clipped him knows beyond doubt he is the culprit.
      It's all bullshit and Roger's statement on MOTD crowns it all, he is adamant his crew deserved a draw and the pen was a wrong decision, this after we had more of the play, more possession, more shots on target, more attempts on goal, proof on film it was a penalty etc etc.

Truth be told there is a fear that the mighty, unstoppable LFC winning army is marching again and the media along with our competitors are scared shitless at the prospect.
      To add to their dread last season's Prem winners were on the same points tally at this point in the season and proved uncatchable.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2986: Oct 07, 2019 01:53:20 pm
      All acceptable beside the opening statement, only biased pundits like Shearer and those with an agenda would describe the pen as "controversial"!
      Manè was sandwiched between two defenders one of who clipped him from behind in the area, the slow down of the incident is irrefutable and the defender who clipped him knows beyond doubt he is the culprit.
      It's all bullshit and Roger's statement on MOTD crowns it all, he is adamant his crew deserved a draw and the pen was a wrong decision, this after we had more of the play, more possession, more shots on target, more attempts on goal, proof on film it was a penalty etc etc.

Truth be told there is a fear that the mighty, unstoppable LFC winning army is marching again and the media along with our competitors are scared shitless at the prospect.
      To add to their dread last season's Prem winners were on the same points tally at this point in the season and proved uncatchable.

I thought he pen was soft mate and had it gone against us plenty would be spitting feathers I think. But who really cares, we got this one. A couple of weeks ago we had a soft one against us at Napoli. With or without VAR nothing much has changed and it seems to be win some lose some.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #2987: Oct 07, 2019 02:14:19 pm

I disagree boss. Gomez, Shaq, Ox, and Kieta can lead the youngsters into battle for the cups. If we made the FA or League Cup final that's a different story. I would love to win the FiFA event too, but that's the busiest time of the year, and typically the time our form drops and we get burnt out. I say we try and win it with our younger team and save our A squad for the holiday run of games and the CL
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #2988: Oct 07, 2019 03:13:26 pm
      I thought he pen was soft mate and had it gone against us plenty would be spitting feathers I think. But who really cares, we got this one. A couple of weeks ago we had a soft one against us at Napoli. With or without VAR nothing much has changed and it seems to be win some lose some.

Makes no odds pal, the offence was committed and verified with VAR, it might or might not have been given outside the area but as you know any impediment to a striker in the pen area is scrutinised more and subject to tighter margins.
      If there had been nil contact ie Kane play acting which the cheat gets away with, fairy muff but there was and our man went down.
      Whether Mané merely felt a touch and thought 'penalty area, I felt that I'm down' is immaterial it was judged by the official and VAR to be a penalty decision.

After saying that mate he did not require hospitalization or a stretcher but the majority of pens given do entail exaggeration to some extent.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #2989: Oct 07, 2019 10:57:42 pm
      8 points though

8 points!!!

Quick Reply