Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

We are top of the league!

Read 423207 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #2990: Oct 07, 2019 11:15:40 pm
      Makes no odds pal, the offence was committed and verified with VAR, it might or might not have been given outside the area but as you know any impediment to a striker in the pen area is scrutinised more and subject to tighter margins.
      If there had been nil contact ie Kane play acting which the cheat gets away with, fairy muff but there was and our man went down.
      Whether Mané merely felt a touch and thought 'penalty area, I felt that I'm down' is immaterial it was judged by the official and VAR to be a penalty decision.

After saying that mate he did not require hospitalization or a stretcher but the majority of pens given do entail exaggeration to some extent.

Albrighton’s reaction tells us everything we need to know. 100% pen.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #2991: Oct 07, 2019 11:24:06 pm
      I disagree boss. Gomez, Shaq, Ox, and Kieta can lead the youngsters into battle for the cups. If we made the FA or League Cup final that's a different story. I would love to win the FiFA event too, but that's the busiest time of the year, and typically the time our form drops and we get burnt out. I say we try and win it with our younger team and save our A squad for the holiday run of games and the CL

Totally agree with you.  We are on top of the world.  We are awesome team we have the best manager in the world.  Man U can get that world club cup and shove it up fergy's arse couldn't give a sh*t about it.  It's a glorified charity shield that's all it is.  Not saying that I don't want to win it.  But a lot of this comes from Man utd banter.   We've waited too long for the league we just can't jeapordise our strong position.   The timing of the world club cup is sh*t.  Still a while to go.  If we have a fit squad then OK if not play the fringe players. 
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2992: Oct 08, 2019 01:18:42 am
      A soft penalty...that's like being a little pregnant right?

Either way, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good...when you are both like we have been, all the better.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #2993: Oct 08, 2019 02:06:08 am

A soft penalty...that's like being a little pregnant right?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #2994: Oct 08, 2019 07:41:42 am
      17 wins in a row.

YNWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWA
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2995: Oct 08, 2019 09:13:37 am
      Totally agree with you.  We are on top of the world.  We are awesome team we have the best manager in the world.  Man U can get that world club cup and shove it up fergy's arse couldn't give a sh*t about it.  It's a glorified charity shield that's all it is.  Not saying that I don't want to win it.  But a lot of this comes from Man utd banter.   We've waited too long for the league we just can't jeapordise our strong position.   The timing of the world club cup is sh*t.  Still a while to go.  If we have a fit squad then OK if not play the fringe players. 

You only get a chance to compete in the Club World Cup if you win the Champions League, I don't care what anyone says it is prestigious and its basically one full game plus one half and half with squad players. The game we would have been playing domestically has been moved so what exactly is the issue, the lads will be flying there and back in a private jet so not exactly arduous is it?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2996: Oct 08, 2019 10:03:17 am
      You only get a chance to compete in the Club World Cup if you win the Champions League, I don't care what anyone says it is prestigious and its basically one full game plus one half and half with squad players. The game we would have been playing domestically has been moved so what exactly is the issue, the lads will be flying there and back in a private jet so not exactly arduous is it?

make no mistake, its a trophy LFC want, never won it.

The squad will be used heavily during November and December, but this week showed when players come in they generally perform, Origi made an impact at weekend, as did Lovren.

And we have been playing this season with a goalie we got for a free, who had no club. brilliant stuff.

Best goalie in world will be back soon, just watch the clean sheets add up again.   :666:
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #2997: Oct 08, 2019 10:07:54 am
      If we can keep everyone fit we will win it. Last season will be invaluable for us; it sure hurt but the players are mentally stronger for it.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #2998: Oct 08, 2019 10:43:54 am
      What rubbish, we have a big enough squad to compete in all those competitions, I really really want us to win the Club World Cup, that is basically just 1.5 games as its only in the final we'll have any potential competition. Having said all that we should be resting players for the League cup game against the Arse, but then I'm sure they will be as well.

We haven't got a big enough squad, we could rotate the midfield and probably centre halves but in terms of full backs & attackers we're pretty thin. Personally I'd start with Elliot, Divock & Brewster up top & rest Trent and Robbo too - we haven't won the league in 30 years so we shouldn't be leaving anything to chance. Not to be cynical but I honestly couldn't give a toss about some gravy train trophy played in front of slave owners in a backwards country halfway across the world!
      « Last Edit: Oct 08, 2019 11:05:35 am by TameImpala »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2999: Oct 08, 2019 11:20:15 am
      Best think about Kiev was the loss..
      It’s F***ing galvanised us & made us more determined to win the following season & we did in Madrid.

Loosing the title by 1 point last season will also have that similar impact on us..

We ain’t giving up top spot for a while..
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3000: Oct 08, 2019 11:26:56 am
      Imagine being 8 points clear at the top of the league and winning the Super Cup when the best keeper in the world has been out injured for that run.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,237 posts | 752 
      Reply #3001: Oct 08, 2019 11:34:14 am
      Great if the title "We are top of the league" was still the case after 38 games. We will all be celebrating !
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #3002: Oct 08, 2019 11:36:39 am

To add to their dread last season's Prem winners were on the same points tally at this point in the season and proved uncatchable.

[/quote]

?
      This time last year Citeh were top with 20 points from Chelski and us only on GD

ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #3003: Oct 08, 2019 01:48:04 pm
      Imagine being 8 points clear at the top of the league and winning the Super Cup when the best keeper in the world has been out injured for that run.

Wow... Don't mess with this team. They have better players coming in.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #3004: Oct 08, 2019 02:15:26 pm

It is the pile up fixture after that and they are Premier league games its squad management and prioritising!   We still have a way to go for this.  Lets see where we are.   The area of immediate concern are the full backs and forwards.   

Listen man you don't win prestigious trophies playing 1 and half game.  In my eyes it got tainted when utd won it without winning the Champions League.   Listen am with you I want to win the trophy too.  But  want the league a millions times more.   
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3005: Oct 08, 2019 04:10:40 pm
      It is the pile up fixture after that and they are Premier league games its squad management and prioritising!   We still have a way to go for this.  Lets see where we are.   The area of immediate concern are the full backs and forwards.   

Listen man you don't win prestigious trophies playing 1 and half game.  In my eyes it got tainted when utd won it without winning the Champions League.   Listen am with you I want to win the trophy too.  But  want the league a millions times more.   

Oh yes obviously given the choice I'd rather we win the league but I think we should be able to hoover up this club world cup pretty easily and perhaps a break from the pressure of December might do the lads some good, plus a few days of warm weather training ;-)
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3006: Oct 08, 2019 04:29:56 pm
      The world club comp, is going to be a welcome distraction, and a mini holiday\training camp for the squad.

Make no mistake the players and managers and all of us want to in it, but no risks will be taken, klopp will fully utilize his squad.

Really need guys like Lovren, lallana, brewster, Origi and the ox, to stay fit & Naby, shaqiri, to get fit and firing for the december fixture pileup.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #3007: Oct 08, 2019 04:57:03 pm
      The world club comp, is going to be a welcome distraction, and a mini holiday\training camp for the squad.

Make no mistake the players and managers and all of us want to in it, but no risks will be taken, klopp will fully utilize his squad.

Really need guys like Lovren, lallana, brewster, Origi and the ox, to stay fit & Naby, shaqiri, to get fit and firing for the december fixture pileup.

There is 2 months to go which is a very long time in the grand scheme of things.   But agree in the 1st game especially we will utilize the squad.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #3008: Oct 08, 2019 06:36:23 pm
      Minimum of 28 wins left for us to be on this thread next May and June.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #3009: Oct 08, 2019 08:26:05 pm
      If we can stay injury free then F**k me we have a chance!

I hate the international break, hopefully everyone comes back safely and injury free.
      « Last Edit: Oct 08, 2019 08:42:57 pm by fields of anny rd »
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 633 posts | 59 
      Reply #3010: Oct 08, 2019 09:06:47 pm

Im sure the entire point in having a  trophy room is to fill it, no
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #3011: Oct 08, 2019 11:51:47 pm
      12 Days before we play utd to extend our winning run to 18. They will be trying extra hard to stop us achieving that at all levels in their club.
      So what is the chance they off load Ole this week, to get a new manager in and try and create that ‘new manager bounce’ from the players.
      I think that is the only chance they have of competing with us with any threat of a draw, let alone a win !
      Could it happen in 12 Days, or will they stick with him for now, and hope for the best ?
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #3012: Oct 09, 2019 12:17:46 am
      If we can stay injury free then f**k me we have a chance!

I hate the international break, hopefully everyone comes back safely and injury free.

One good point is that the England game will give Joe Gomez more match time which he seems to need at the moment.

Quick Reply