Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

We are top of the league!

Read 423000 times
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #3013: Oct 09, 2019 09:54:59 am
      Minimum of 28 wins left for us to be on this thread next May and June.
      Shouldn't that be maximum?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3014: Oct 09, 2019 10:29:42 am
      One good point is that the England game will give Joe Gomez more match time which he seems to need at the moment.

Lets be generous, from this point until the end of the season I'm happy for Citeh to win 2 more and draw 1 more than us ;-)
      « Last Edit: Oct 09, 2019 03:15:36 pm by heimdall »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3015: Oct 09, 2019 10:43:25 am
      There is 2 months to go which is a very long time in the grand scheme of things.   But agree in the 1st game especially we will utilize the squad.

this is true, still a wee bit off, plenty games to go between then tho, league, champs league, league cup.
      Benladdie3000
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts | 19 
      Reply #3016: Oct 09, 2019 10:23:13 pm
      Would love a domestic treble. Infact I'd take that instead of number 7
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #3017: Oct 10, 2019 04:00:08 pm
      I'm not usually superstitious, but I don't post in this thread because I don't want to jinx us  :laugh:
      Benladdie3000
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts | 19 
      Reply #3018: Oct 10, 2019 06:06:19 pm
      I think we will smash united and draw with spurs and then city. I'd take that tbf.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #3019: Oct 10, 2019 07:44:44 pm
      I think we will smash united and draw with spurs and then city. I'd take that tbf.

I feel we are gonna win every Prem game !
      It’s jus weird how he just seem to find a way. If not by a creation of our own, a cock up by the opposition.
      I think the footballing gods are smiling down on us at the mo.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3020: Oct 11, 2019 12:17:55 am

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

As someone else said, yep...we do ...James is going to bring over a pint of Ribena!!!   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #3021: Oct 11, 2019 09:01:18 am
      Think we’d need to play pretty poorly against Spurs for a draw given their current form. Win, win, draw for me.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #3022: Oct 11, 2019 09:07:18 am
      If we can win against them at Anfield that will be huge. If they do us home and away them the gap is so small. If we can split points with them 3 each or 2 each then that makes their task very difficult IMO.

Last season though we were fortunate to come away with a home point.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3023: Oct 11, 2019 09:12:12 am
      I think we are more than capable of winning all 3 games, Utd, Spurs and Citeh but I wouldn't put money on it. Especially Citeh are dangerous, if they go into supercharge mode, which they normally do against us, then it will be very hard to beat them, then again if we go into supercharge mode watch out Pep!
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #3024: Oct 11, 2019 01:36:27 pm
      I'm not usually superstitious, but I don't post in this thread because I don't want to jinx us  :laugh:
      So if we don't beat Utd, we know who's jinxed us  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3025: Oct 11, 2019 03:21:30 pm
      I think we are more than capable of winning all 3 games, Utd, Spurs and Citeh but I wouldn't put money on it. Especially Citeh are dangerous, if they go into supercharge mode, which they normally do against us, then it will be very hard to beat them, then again if we go into supercharge mode watch out Pep!

Agree  mate,
      For the most part when we have faced City we have more than held our own, I would go as far and say we have been  the better side,  last season we cancelled each other out at Anfield in a disappointing way, I thought Klopp erred on the side of caution that day instead of going for their throats,
      At the Emptihad, Kompany should have seen red, goal line technology robbed us of a goal,  Stones cleared one off the line & Salah hit the beans,

We didn't know it then but that 1-0 City win cost us the title,

There have other times where we have been the better side in particular the CL clash of the previous season as well as the league encounter's, including the 5-0 When Sadio seen red for his high boot,  We were up to that point dominating that game too,

As for this season's little get together I honestly can't see us losing either game, We have their measure, and i think Pep knows this too, with the gap we have already their going to have to come out and play, which will suit us very nicely,

Can't wait for that match, it could put the final nail In their coffin for this season.

YNWA

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #3026: Oct 11, 2019 04:03:34 pm
      Utd game worries me more than others for some reason
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #3027: Oct 11, 2019 05:35:01 pm
      Utd game worries me more than others for some reason

Can't see why you would be more worried about that sh*te more than any other Rossy,

If we don't go there with the confidence we have shown in our ope ing 8 out of 8 winning matches then I fail to see how we could win a raffle never mind a league title,

Munts are not the Munts of old, They don't hold the same fear they once did a few years back,  now don't get me wrong they can still play but i think they will dread facing us, We are the ones with the fear factor, we've been on the rise while they have slumped to a worse state arguably since old bacon face took the wheel in 1986,

Fear ye not me old mucker, it is my belief that the Munts of Muntchester town are positively f***in bricking it knowing they could be on a bit of a hiding.

YNWA
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #3028: Oct 11, 2019 07:33:18 pm

Can't see why you would be more worried about that sh*te more than any other Rossy,

If we don't go there with the confidence we have shown in our ope ing 8 out of 8 winning matches then I fail to see how we could win a raffle never mind a league title,

Munts are not the Munts of old, They don't hold the same fear they once did a few years back,  now don't get me wrong they can still play but i think they will dread facing us, We are the ones with the fear factor, we've been on the rise while they have slumped to a worse state arguably since old bacon face took the wheel in 1986,

Fear ye not me old mucker, it is my belief that the Munts of Muntchester town are positively F**kin bricking it knowing they could be on a bit of a hiding.

YNWA

Know what your saying Billy but it's just because its THEM and just cant stand losing to them that drives fear into me every time we play them. They will have all their players back and I know we ARE better but as someone once said it's a fully old game
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3029: Oct 11, 2019 09:27:23 pm
      Know what your saying Billy but it's just because its THEM and just cant stand losing to them that drives fear into me every time we play them. They will have all their players back and I know we ARE better but as someone once said it's a fully old game

We could send both Ole and Poch to the gallows with win over their teams.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #3030: Oct 11, 2019 09:29:12 pm
      We could send both Ole and Poch to the gallows with win over their teams.

Be better leaving them where they are both doing sterling jobs  :lmao:
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #3031: Oct 12, 2019 04:30:57 am
      The thing that's giving me confidence is we are 8 pts clear and all this has been done without Alisson.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #3032: Oct 12, 2019 06:31:01 am

No because 30 games are left.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 633 posts | 59 
      Reply #3033: Oct 12, 2019 07:44:10 am
      If you look at the next 5 games ,we are  8 points clear, the Mancs away which can be problematic, but at this moment in time they aint exactly buzzin 3 points ,Spurs and Arsenal at home who can be difficult but have proven when the tough get going they dont 6 points  ,Villa away theyre getting better but I reckon we got way  to much for them 3 points, and lastly City have a feeling VAR or a huge call is gonna sort this out, Sadio in the last few games has been at the centre of controversy  sent off for the bump into the keeper the ball that came within mm`s  of crossing the line,plus they know if we go 11 clear its a tall order to catch us ,a draw would be a bad result especially it being at home  take all 3,its what champions do. ;)

ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #3034: Oct 12, 2019 08:59:31 am
      If you look at the next 5 games ,we are  8 points clear, the Mancs away which can be problematic, but at this moment in time they aint exactly buzzin 3 points ,Spurs and Arsenal at home who can be difficult but have proven when the tough get going they dont 6 points  ,Villa away theyre getting better but I reckon we got way  to much for them 3 points, and lastly City have a feeling VAR or a huge call is gonna sort this out, Sadio in the last few games has been at the centre of controversy  sent off for the bump into the keeper the ball that came within mm`s  of crossing the line,plus they know if we go 11 clear its a tall order to catch us ,a draw would be a bad result especially it being at home  take all 3,its what champions do. ;)
      We getting 3 points for a cup win against Arsenal?
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 633 posts | 59 
      Reply #3035: Oct 12, 2019 09:16:27 am
      We getting 3 points for a cup win against Arsenal?

Got my fixtures mixed up glad your keeping me right mate silly auld duffer,feel better for it
      « Last Edit: Oct 12, 2019 03:03:35 pm by Cad1875 »

Quick Reply