Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

We are top of the league!

Read 422993 times
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #3036: Oct 13, 2019 11:37:09 pm
      Quote from king kenny
      Totally agree with you.  We are on top of the world.  We are awesome team we have the best manager in the world. We've waited too long for the league we just can't jeapordise our strong position.  The timing of the world club cup is sh*t. Still a while to go.  If we have a fit squad then OK if not play the fringe players. 

The best way to prove we're top of the world, is to go and win the world club cup. It's a major competition, and it should be seen as a golden opportunity to stamp our authority on the world stage, not a burden around our neck.

Before Madrid, we won one trophy in 13 years. All the cherry picking of this competition over that one over the other one, for no return has gone on for years and years and years, and it's about time it stopped, so we can win more than one trophy every 6-7 years.

The more we try to win, the more chance we have of winning trophies. People then ask me if I had the choice of what trophy to win, and I answer there is no choice. I'll take the League Championship, I'll take the League Cup, I'll take the Super Cup, I'll take whatever I'm given, as I've spent far too many of the past 30 years watching our rivals clean them all up, wondering "if only".

We'll play the West Ham game when the time comes. In the meantime, we have a rare chance to be officially recognised as the best club on earth. So I can't understand why anyone has an issue with the idea of "Liverpool FC, Champions Of The World".
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #3037: Oct 14, 2019 12:48:47 am
      The best way to prove we're top of the world, is to go and win the world club cup. It's a major competition, and it should be seen as a golden opportunity to stamp our authority on the world stage, not a burden around our neck.

Before Madrid, we won one trophy in 13 years. All the cherry picking of this competition over that one over the other one, for no return has gone on for years and years and years, and it's about time it stopped, so we can win more than one trophy every 6-7 years.

The more we try to win, the more chance we have of winning trophies. People then ask me if I had the choice of what trophy to win, and I answer there is no choice. I'll take the League Championship, I'll take the League Cup, I'll take the Super Cup, I'll take whatever I'm given, as I've spent far too many of the past 30 years watching our rivals clean them all up, wondering "if only".

We'll play the West Ham game when the time comes. In the meantime, we have a rare chance to be officially recognised as the best club on earth. So I can't understand why anyone has an issue with the idea of "Liverpool FC, Champions Of The World".

There is a topic for World Club Championship go there and will discuss.  This the holey grail thread!
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #3038: Oct 14, 2019 12:02:21 pm
      But 30 wins is the maximum we'd need to win it as things stand. 

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3039: Oct 14, 2019 12:45:55 pm
      City are gonna drop many more points, they're defense is all over the gaff.

Were top of the league by 8 points, while missing our goalie, and according to pundits were looking a bit unsteady at the back.

cant wait for us to start playing well again. ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3040: Oct 14, 2019 01:05:04 pm
      City are gonna drop many more points, they're defense is all over the gaff.

Were top of the league by 8 points, while missing our goalie, and according to pundits were looking a bit unsteady at the back.

cant wait for us to start playing well again. ;D

The match against Citeh is huge, if we win that and go 11 points ahead then things will start to look very very good indeed. I actually agree that Citeh will lose a lot more games this season than last, they just don't seem to have the same fear factor as in previous seasons so teams are having a go at them a lot more.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #3041: Oct 15, 2019 10:38:27 pm
      Might as well pin this thread to the top of the board because we are here to stay.

Walk on, walk on...
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3042: Oct 16, 2019 02:46:44 pm
      Utd game worries me more than others for some reason

That's cognitive dissonance.
      You'll be alright.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #3043: Oct 16, 2019 07:58:09 pm
      And ain’t going anywhere else  >:D
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #3044: Oct 16, 2019 10:01:33 pm
      That's cognitive dissonance.
      You'll be alright.

I will take your word for it 🤔
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #3045: Oct 17, 2019 02:23:34 pm
      Me, confident but nervous. City will be waiting for the two games v us, and going all out to win both.
      8 then becomes 2 and the pressure is on us.
      The first city game is a must win, to take us 11 clear. That will hammer their hopes. Remember what happened to 8 points last season !
      LFC007
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts | 17 
      Reply #3046: Oct 17, 2019 09:59:27 pm
      City will be waiting for the two games v us, and going all out to win both.

That will play in our hands for we are a counter-attacking team. To be honest it's still wide open. MC is capable to go on an insane winning streak while we looked shaky at times and could drop points here and there without some game luck. My hope is that those botched games indicate an overall weaker MC this season.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3047: Oct 18, 2019 12:08:21 pm
      Ive said before, while City have all these defenders Injured, they are vulnerable to most teams taking points off them, if we keep going the way we are, we will have an even bigger gap by time we play them.
      LFC007
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts | 17 
      Reply #3048: Oct 27, 2019 10:45:54 pm
      Again 6 points!  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #3049: Oct 27, 2019 11:41:58 pm
      Ive said before, while City have all these defenders Injured, they are vulnerable to most teams taking points off them, if we keep going the way we are, we will have an even bigger gap by time we play them.

Hopefully Laporte is still out in 2 weeks when they come to Anfield. Obviously we need to win at Villa but I feel like we need to get after City like we did in the Champions League two seasons ago.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #3050: Oct 27, 2019 11:47:35 pm
      Hopefully Laporte is still out in 2 weeks when they come to Anfield. Obviously we need to win at Villa but I feel like we need to get after City like we did in the Champions League two seasons ago.

Laporte out for a good while yet I believe. The problem is theres not many team capable of getting through their press into that city back line.

Peps teams throughout his career I've felt could always be got at if you could actually get at them. The problem is it very rarely happens.

We are a team capable of doing it though. That game will be a very good one for the neutral but I feel either team can run away with it.

I think we will struggle at their place so a win at ours this time around would be a 3 extra point swing against them than last year - 2 more to us and 1 less for them.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3051: Oct 28, 2019 12:57:52 am

I hope they have their full strength team! We can beat them.

With today's game we pass the 25 % point of the season. SUCH a long way to go but like the manager said after today "So far, so good."

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3052: Oct 28, 2019 09:36:13 am
      The City game is very important, more from a phycological point of view than in terms of points, if we win that game then I honestly think we will win the league, even if we lose we have a damned good chance, but it will give them a hell of a shot in the arm.

We will have to play much much better to win though and please please no midfield of Fab, Hendo and Gini, that midfield would get completely overrun I think. We have to be on the front foot against Citeh if we want to beat them.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #3053: Oct 28, 2019 07:25:59 pm
      Guys, first is Villa away, there is three precious points to take then we have to think about City not before!

What a massive win yesterday :D

My 9000th post :)
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3054: Oct 28, 2019 07:50:51 pm
      Exactly, F**k the reasonable arguments for other threads ,we are F***ing top, :ernaehrung004: :kop5cf8koxp6: :action-smiley-055: :action-smiley-055: 
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #3055: Oct 28, 2019 07:55:30 pm
      So, we are 6 points clear and the only member of the "big 6" that we haven't played is City.  We've also already played and beaten Leicester. 

City have yet to play Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea, or Leicester.  They will absolutely drop some points somewhere in those fixtures. If we can keep doing the business against the so called lesser sides and avoid defeat in head-to-head match in 2 weeks then we should have a comfortable lead at the top by Christmas 😎
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #3056: Oct 30, 2019 10:59:22 pm
      All the talk before playing Spurs was if how much "pressure" was being put on us by City, that a 8 point lead was cut to a 3 point gap, without mentioning we had a game in hand.

When we played the game in hand, we doubled the previous 3 point gap. But one other well known pundit now believes that it's still City's to lose, as they still have to play us twice.

Indeed they do have to play us twice, and the lead could easily be 9 points by the time they're finished here, with all their top 6 games just around the corner. City haven't won here in 15+ years even with good defenders, not the ones that we will get stuck into in 2 weeks. So it's a good chance to make a strong statement to them and the rest, over who is really top of the league and what we want to achieve this season.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #3057: Oct 31, 2019 01:09:22 pm
      The City game is very important, more from a phycological point of view than in terms of points,

I don't want to jinx this, but City are capable of winning all their remaining games (as are we). In which case, the 6 points difference will come down to the two games against them. I'd prefer the lads approach this as another 3 points to aim for rather than a psychological blow to the main opponents. I'm liking our methodical, ruthless and emotionless approach to games this season. Spurs was a good example, we never changed game plan and went for the points. That's how I want to approach City games.

What a cracking position to be in though right lad?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3058: Nov 02, 2019 05:29:08 pm
      Basically had the same match as City today. Both went down 1-0. I couldn't see ours but they were not at the races first half. Then you see Southampton and Villa both trying to defend deep and both City and us managed to equalize and then go on top, we just took a bit longer.

So we host them next weekend from a position of strength.

BELIEVE, people. We are better than them.

Quick Reply