Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

We are top of the league!

Read 422853 times
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #3105: Nov 10, 2019 11:37:03 pm
      We’ll drop points over Xmas as our schedule is nuts, but I fully expect us being clear by double figures come Jan.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3106: Nov 11, 2019 12:20:58 am
      So happy for everybody at it being such a great result for the team and a great day for all of us.

I will only add the slightest bit of mitigation - same thing I said beforehand. There are 26 matches left. Nothing is won.

But if anybody had any doubt of our capabilities, doubt no more. We are boss.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #3107: Nov 11, 2019 01:15:56 am
      Well it's hard not to get excited when you're sitting so F***ing comfortably top of the table. And I'm not even gonna try and not get excited.

I'm F***ing bouncing.

Couldn't give a toss if we're only a third of the season through. After that third, we're top of the League by eight points. We've got two weeks to enjoy that fact. We've got the next set of fixtures where two of the three teams nearest to us play each other so the gap could easily extend to double figures over the so called biggest threats.

And this City team, the so called greatest of the Premier League era can't even F***ing land a glove on us. So how F***ing good does that make us?

We are guaranteed to be top of the table for the rest of November.

Enjoy it while it lasts because the bad times don't half F***ing hurt when they come. So make the most of the good times. Don't be looking at reasons not to get excited, don't be looking at excuses to squash expectations. Embrace the F***ing lot of it. Enjoy it all. And know that Liverpool Football Club are still the greatest football club in the world.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #3108: Nov 11, 2019 01:33:54 am
      Well it's hard not to get excited when you're sitting so f**king comfortably top of the table. And I'm not even gonna try and not get excited.

I'm f**king bouncing.

Couldn't give a toss if we're only a third of the season through. After that third, we're top of the League by eight points. We've got two weeks to enjoy that fact. We've got the next set of fixtures where two of the three teams nearest to us play each other so the gap could easily extend to double figures over the so called biggest threats.

And this City team, the so called greatest of the Premier League era can't even f**king land a glove on us. So how f**king good does that make us?

Enjoy it while it lasts because the bad times don't half f**king hurt when they come. So make the most of the good times. Don't be looking at reasons not to get excited, don't be looking at excuses to squash expectations. Embrace the f**king lot of it. Enjoy it all. And know that Liverpool Football Club are still the greatest football club in the world.

;D

No Words Needed Tonight.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3109: Nov 11, 2019 01:50:26 am
      Well it's hard not to get excited when you're sitting so f**king comfortably top of the table. And I'm not even gonna try and not get excited.

I'm f**king bouncing.

And this City team, the so called greatest of the Premier League era can't even f**king land a glove on us. So how f**king good does that make us?

Enjoy it while it lasts because the bad times don't half f**king hurt when they come. So make the most of the good times. Don't be looking at reasons not to get excited, don't be looking at excuses to squash expectations. Embrace the f**king lot of it. Enjoy it all. And know that Liverpool Football Club are still the greatest football club in the world.

The possibilities of what we could achieve this Season and beyond is mind boggling, intense and so F***ing exciting, that it's not hard to get carried away. I hear ya Billy, the hurt sux and I don't want to feel that again like we did last season coz that F***ing gutted me. 1 F***ing point...let's beat all these cu*ts and sit well clear come the start of May. I might just get on a flight and come visit ya mate. We will party tofuckingether!!!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3110: Nov 11, 2019 02:03:06 am

I'm f**king bouncing.

Never once did I say I"m not excited or that we shouldn't be. I was screaming my head off and what, seven + hours later I'm still reading and watching everything I can. It was just a reminder that there are bigger accomplishments still to come.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #3111: Nov 11, 2019 07:45:08 am
      Lovely crisp Monday morning, folks.

Bit of a spring in my step this morning and it's thanks to Jürgen and the lads.

What a performance yesterday, I've said it a few times but it's great to see those City cu*ts sitting in 4th as well and the fact they've to sit and look at it over the international break just makes it sweeter.

Jürgen got it right after the game, we need every point going into this crazy December. Just feel we'll drop points somewhere in them games, due to the sheer amount of matches to be played.

Couldn't ask for more from the lads so far and we're sitting pretty.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #3112: Nov 11, 2019 09:22:16 am

Just a few this morning Skip -

When was the last time we were ahead of the pack by 8pts at this stage of the game? 
       That is some cushion going into the xmas fixture list.
      « Last Edit: Nov 11, 2019 09:30:31 am by stuey »
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #3113: Nov 11, 2019 09:48:44 am

I'm f**king bouncing.

Well said lad. Title races are a lot more draining than European runs etc likes and can feel like a proper slug at sometimes (especially like last season when you've got an opponent as relentless as City) but you can't take them for granted. Look at 2009, we'd just been pipped to the title by Man United. Finishing with (at the time) the highest points tally for a second placed team having lost just twice all season. Fast forward just a year & we'd just finished 7th, Roy Hodgson had just been appointed, Paul Konchesky was on his way and we were gearing up for what would arguably be (Hillsborough & Heysel aside obviously) one of the most dismal spells in the history of the club.

The majority of the following years (13/14 aside) were then spent nostalgically reminiscing the Rafa years, Champions League nights & dreaming how good it would be to return. Now we have & we're even better than before - so drink in every second!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #3114: Nov 11, 2019 10:08:45 am
      Going to be disappointed if we have not at the least maintained this 8 point gap in the build up to Christmas.  And we should really be extending that gap down to fourth place past 10 points.

Next five games includes:

Palace and Bournemouth (A)
      Brighton, Everton, Watford (H)

Leicester are arguably the team to watch right now as they have a very similar fixture list to us over the next five games (they play 3 of the same teams).

We then need to be coming back from that World Club Cup in the right frame of mind. 
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #3115: Nov 11, 2019 10:09:21 am
      The possibilities of what we could achieve this Season and beyond is mind boggling, intense and so F***ing exciting, that it's not hard to get carried away. I hear ya Billy, the hurt sux and I don't want to feel that again like we did last season coz that F***ing gutted me. 1 F***ing point...let's beat all these cu*ts and sit well clear come the start of May. I might just get on a flight and come visit ya mate. We will party tofuckingether!!!

I know exactly what you mean mate. And without question, missing out on the League last season hurt. It's another of the "nearly" seasons, which we'll look back on fondly but with a tinge of disappointment - although winning the European Cup more than sweetened the season.

But it's because of those hurt feelings over the years that make it even harder for me not to get excited. I've never seen us win the League and I'm nearing the age of 30 - both of which are scary thoughts. So with every passing year the desire to see us win the League gets greater. As I'm sure it does for everybody else - even those who have seen us win countless League titles. I'm sure they want to experience it with the younger generations - the same way me arl fella does with me and why I wanted us to win the European Cup last season so bad for me nephew. He was crying his heart out after the defeat to Madrid 12 months ago. He's heard countless stories off me and me dad about years gone by that we wanted him to have his stories.

I can't not get excited. I can't not already have the homecoming in me mind. I can't envisage our club F***ing up. You know me too well to know that I'll never say Liverpool won't win. I'll always believe in our club. I had F***ing murder with a few of the lads in work over the Barcelona game last season, how we were already out before we even got to Anfield. F**k me, this is Liverpool Football Club and Liverpool Football Club do special things.

I am not capable of containing my excitement. And because I know how much the bad times hurt me, I make sure I enjoy every second of the good times. I don't want to think about the possibilities of us F***ing up. I don't want to think about the fact that there's still two thirds of the season to go. I don't get embarrassed about saying things that gives people ammunition to laugh at me in however long because it all went tits up. I just look at them and say so F***ing what, we're still the greatest club in the world.

We're eight points clear, we're guaranteed to be top of the League going into November, we've got a team full of people who've won trophies with us now, we're progressing through every tournament up to now, this season is one to get excited about. And when it all settles down in May mate (F**k me at this rate we'll have the League won before the start of May) you can fly over here and with a million other like minded people watch our boys parade six trophies around the streets of Liverpool.

And if you see a fat b***ard with bum fluff round his chin cos he can't grow a proper beard but hates shaving pushing an even fatter b***ard in a wheelchair who can't walk but is trying to dance down the Dock Road while both singing their F***ing hearts out, come over and say hello because that'll be me and me dad.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3116: Nov 11, 2019 10:46:26 am
      Lovely crisp Monday morning, folks.

Bit of a spring in my step this morning and it's thanks to Jürgen and the lads.

What a performance yesterday, I've said it a few times but it's great to see those City cu*ts sitting in 4th as well and the fact they've to sit and look at it over the international break just makes it sweeter.

Jürgen got it right after the game, we need every point going into this crazy December. Just feel we'll drop points somewhere in them games, due to the sheer amount of matches to be played.

Couldn't ask for more from the lads so far and we're sitting pretty.

We don't really have that many more games than other teams though, especially if we beat Napoli. If we beat Napoli then we can rest a lot of players for the final game against Salzburg, the Villa game will be the B team, the first semi of CWC will be mostly fringe players and the final of CWC is instead of the match we would have had against West Ham.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #3117: Nov 11, 2019 10:55:45 am
      we can rest a lot of players for the final game against Salzburg

I'd be up for this, but with prize money of £2.5M for winning a group game I'm not sure even if we're qualified whether we would give too many players a rest for that one.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #3118: Nov 11, 2019 11:14:52 am
      Play strongest possible team, although at the moment, what ever side, Klopp plays, they look unbeatable.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #3119: Nov 11, 2019 11:22:48 am
      Going to be disappointed if we have not at the least maintained this 8 point gap in the build up to Christmas.  And we should really be extending that gap down to fourth place past 10 points.

Leicester are arguably the team to watch right now as they have a very similar fixture list to us over the next five games (they play 3 of the same teams).

We then need to be coming back from that World Club Cup in the right frame of mind. 

We need great character to compete with Leicester. :aaliverpool2xt1:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3120: Nov 11, 2019 03:48:47 pm
      First time I've ever seen LFC top of the Euro Club Index.
      Think Rafa era was the last peak.

https://www.euroclubindex.com/
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #3121: Nov 11, 2019 03:59:28 pm
      We are more than capable to stay here but we need to work much harder than before because we are carrying a target on our back and rightly so and deserved it.

YNWA
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3122: Nov 11, 2019 04:11:12 pm
      city play all the top 4 rivals over the next wee period, I can see extending our lead at the top.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3123: Nov 11, 2019 04:15:55 pm
      First time I've ever seen LFC top of the Euro Club Index.
      Think Rafa era was the last peak.

https://www.euroclubindex.com/

euro club index you say!!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3124: Nov 11, 2019 04:37:46 pm

Looks like a chance for 15 points to me. Hoping for a similar turnaround as we had from the SuperCup win to the away match at Southampton. The trip is a bit longer but I think we get one more day in between the games.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3125: Nov 11, 2019 04:46:44 pm
      I'd be up for this, but with prize money of £2.5M for winning a group game I'm not sure even if we're qualified whether we would give too many players a rest for that one.

Agree. It would be more of the lineup against Genk home in the Champions League (Alisson, Trent, Gomez, Virgil, Millie, Fabinho, Ox, Keita, Gini, Divock, Mo) than Arsenal in the League Cup (Kelleher, Williams, Sepp, Gomez, Milner, Lallana, Ox, Keita, Elliott, Brewster, Divock - with Jones and Chirivella off the bench).

That kind of prize money for winning a group stage match is kind of mental though.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #3126: Nov 11, 2019 07:17:14 pm
      leicester city are a good team. we shouldn't under estimate
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #3127: Nov 11, 2019 08:44:38 pm
      leicester city are a good team. we shouldn't under estimate

They are. But the best thing is, the 3 teams chasing us we have already beaten.

We have laid down a marker this season and our lads don’t look like they are in any sort of mood to let it go.

Quick Reply