Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

We are top of the league!

Read 422964 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #3128: Nov 11, 2019 10:22:18 pm
      Last season it was Spurs who were being spoken about as an outside threat who was in with a good chance if they kept their for going. But they didn't, and they soon fell away and were left a long way behind. As of late, Leicester have largely had an easy ride of it, especially their recent run of games.

Hopefully they go the same way as Spurs did last season.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3129: Nov 11, 2019 10:26:01 pm
      leicester city are a good team. we shouldn't under estimate

Wouldn't rule out Chelsea...they have no fear and as such they can be dangerous.
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #3130: Nov 11, 2019 10:31:56 pm
      Last season it was Spurs who were being spoken about as an outside threat who was in with a good chance if they kept their for going. But they didn't, and they soon fell away and were left a long way behind. As of late, Leicester have largely had an easy ride of it, especially their recent run of games.

Hopefully they go the same way as Spurs did last season.

Went to the game at Anfield and was largely unimpressed if I am honest. Have the advantage of no Europe and their squad will be seriously  tested soon enough
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3131: Nov 11, 2019 10:39:52 pm
      Went to the game at Anfield and was largely unimpressed if I am honest. Have the advantage of no Europe and their squad will be seriously  tested soon enough

They've been picking up the points which is obviously the important thing but it seems to me like their performances have been blown out of proportion largely because of a freak result vs Saints.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3132: Nov 12, 2019 11:09:57 pm
      I know exactly what you mean mate. And without question, missing out on the League last season hurt. It's another of the "nearly" seasons, which we'll look back on fondly but with a tinge of disappointment - although winning the European Cup more than sweetened the season.

But it's because of those hurt feelings over the years that make it even harder for me not to get excited. I've never seen us win the League and I'm nearing the age of 30 - both of which are scary thoughts. So with every passing year the desire to see us win the League gets greater. As I'm sure it does for everybody else - even those who have seen us win countless League titles. I'm sure they want to experience it with the younger generations - the same way me arl fella does with me and why I wanted us to win the European Cup last season so bad for me nephew. He was crying his heart out after the defeat to Madrid 12 months ago. He's heard countless stories off me and me dad about years gone by that we wanted him to have his stories.

I can't not get excited. I can't not already have the homecoming in me mind. I can't envisage our club f**king up. You know me too well to know that I'll never say Liverpool won't win. I'll always believe in our club. I had f**king murder with a few of the lads in work over the Barcelona game last season, how we were already out before we even got to Anfield. F**k me, this is Liverpool Football Club and Liverpool Football Club do special things.

I am not capable of containing my excitement. And because I know how much the bad times hurt me, I make sure I enjoy every second of the good times. I don't want to think about the possibilities of us f**king up. I don't want to think about the fact that there's still two thirds of the season to go. I don't get embarrassed about saying things that gives people ammunition to laugh at me in however long because it all went tits up. I just look at them and say so f**king what, we're still the greatest club in the world.

We're eight points clear, we're guaranteed to be top of the League going into November, we've got a team full of people who've won trophies with us now, we're progressing through every tournament up to now, this season is one to get excited about. And when it all settles down in May mate (f**k me at this rate we'll have the League won before the start of May) you can fly over here and with a million other like minded people watch our boys parade six trophies around the streets of Liverpool.

And if you see a fat b***ard with bum fluff round his chin cos he can't grow a proper beard but hates shaving pushing an even fatter b***ard in a wheelchair who can't walk but is trying to dance down the Dock Road while both singing their f**king hearts out, come over and say hello because that'll be me and me dad.

Brilliant read as always mate. I hear and see you passion, feel exactly the same way you do but I just don't want to say anything just yet as I just don't want to jinx it. The whole world wants us to fail. The Bunch of cu*ts!!! I wanna stick it up those cu*ts so bad and just can't wait for May to happen, but in the meantime, me personally, I'm gonna just keep it on the down low in front of others but inside and at home, I'm F***ing dancing, singing, fist pumping and generally waking up the household during the God early hours, celebrating every goal and every win.

As for getting over there in May, I'll be there with Crouchie and we will find you and hug you !!!!

Comethefuckonnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3133: Nov 13, 2019 08:27:59 pm
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #3134: Nov 13, 2019 08:56:30 pm
      Quote from dunlop liddell shankly
      Well it's hard not to get excited when you're sitting so F***ing comfortably top of the table. And I'm not even gonna try and not get excited.

I'm F***ing bouncing.

Couldn't give a toss if we're only a third of the season through. After that third, we're top of the League by eight points. We've got two weeks to enjoy that fact. We've got the next set of fixtures where two of the three teams nearest to us play each other so the gap could easily extend to double figures over the so called biggest threats.

And this City team, the so called greatest of the Premier League era can't even F***ing land a glove on us. So how F***ing good does that make us?

We are guaranteed to be top of the table for the rest of November.

Enjoy it while it lasts because the bad times don't half F***ing hurt when they come. So make the most of the good times. Don't be looking at reasons not to get excited, don't be looking at excuses to squash expectations. Embrace the F***ing lot of it. Enjoy it all. And know that Liverpool Football Club are still the greatest football club in the world.

The talk for weeks, was of how the race was in their hands, as they still have to play us twice. Now they can only play us once, and they have another 3 points to make up.

There's 5 months before we have to go there. We only have to play two of the big six by then. Yes the run in is difficult, but hopefully we will have lots of chances and time to build up an even bigger cushion by the time we have to face them.

And without question, missing out on the League last season hurt. It's another of the "nearly" seasons, which we'll look back on fondly but with a tinge of disappointment - although winning the European Cup more than sweetened the season.

But it's because of those hurt feelings over the years that make it even harder for me not to get excited. I've never seen us win the League and I'm nearing the age of 30 - both of which are scary thoughts. So with every passing year the desire to see us win the League gets greater. As I'm sure it does for everybody else - even those who have seen us win countless League titles.

I am not capable of containing my excitement. We're eight points clear, we're guaranteed to be top of the League going into November, we've got a team full of people who've won trophies with us now, we're progressing through every tournament up to now, this season is one to get excited about.

True, except sometimes we get too carried away. We will be top of the table going into the derby in December.

We are using the gap last season to drive us forward, just as we used the fact we lost the league in 87, to drive us on in 88. And we won that league title three weeks early.

Our season so far is like VAR. It's not perfect, but it's about as close to perfection as we can get.

Seriously though, approaching 30 is nothing to worry about. Before you know it, you'll be heading for 40. Jürgen is already past the big 5 0, while Kenny is nearing the big 7 0 and as we know, he is the King Of Liverpool.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #3135: Nov 13, 2019 11:00:14 pm

Our season so far is like VAR. It's not perfect, but it's about as close to perfection as we can get.

Should win a comedy award for that joke of a post.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #3136: Nov 24, 2019 12:24:50 am
      Well we’re still top. Still got an eight point cushion, and one less to play.
      26 big ones still to go though. And 24 to win as it stands. I’m not counting my chickens, not getting too excited, and certainly not thinking it’s a done deal. Gonna wait till the awefull December fixture pile up is over, and see where we are then before I start dreaming.
      Looking forward to my annual end of season trip to Anfield, so hoping I’ve got a major celebration to look forward to. Just trying to keep calm at the mo, but can’t help having the occasional gloat at the table. 😁
      COME ON YOU MIGHTY RED MEN !
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #3137: Nov 24, 2019 08:00:16 am
      Well we’re still top. Still got an eight point cushion, and one less to play.
      26 big ones still to go though. And 24 to win as it stands. I’m not counting my chickens, not getting too excited, and certainly not thinking it’s a done deal. Gonna wait till the awefull December fixture pile up is over, and see where we are then before I start dreaming.
      Looking forward to my annual end of season trip to Anfield, so hoping I’ve got a major celebration to look forward to. Just trying to keep calm at the mo, but can’t help having the occasional gloat at the table. 😁
      COME ON YOU MIGHTY RED MEN !

25 left to play and we only need to win 23 of them!!!

Points are the most important thing in the league!
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #3138: Nov 24, 2019 01:35:07 pm
      Been in more Champions League finals than we have lost Premier League games in the last 18 months.... unbelievable.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #3139: Nov 24, 2019 05:24:17 pm
      25 left to play and we only need to win 23 of them!!!

Points are the most important thing in the league!

Well spotted Clint. I thought of that in the morning, and failed to adjust it before posting in the evening 😂😂😂😂 my excuse and I’m sticking to it 😳
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3140: Nov 24, 2019 08:31:35 pm
      This has helped. Mentality Monsters for F***ing sure!

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #3141: Nov 25, 2019 12:05:41 am
      We just keep answering questions.

People were talking about our away record against the "top six" and how we don't win enough of those games. We go to Stamford Bridge and beat Chelsea.

People continously talk about how we'll struggle if we get injuries - we won eight on the spin without our number one keeper. Matip has been our best defender this year and we've won constantly without him. Bobby and Mo have missed games through injuries, we've won without them. What's gonna happen when Liverpool get injuries? Well Liverpool are gonna keep winning.

The next one is the games piling up in December. Well we had that last December as well, we won every F***ing game. Eight or nine on the bounce in that month alone.

How will Liverpool react when they go one down - we'll score two (or more) and win.

How will Liverpool react to be in such a strong position - we'll keep winning and maintain our strong position.

How will Liverpool react to Man City playing first - we'll not worry about that and instead concentrate on ourselves and win.

How will Liverpool cope with the pressure of being European champions - we'll breeze through the first third of the season.

How will Liverpool get by without buying anybody of note in the summer - we'll breeze through the first third of the season to be eight points clear after thirteen games.

How will Liverpool cope with no creativity in midfield, especially compared to Man City - we'll put that to bed with our midfielders all contributing goals, assists and creativity throughout the season.

How will Liverpool cope with the pressure of 30 years without a League Title - come back in May when we're lifting our 19th League Title, 7th European Cup and 8th FA Cup after already securing our 9th League Cup, 4th Super Cup and first Club World Cup.

Every question that people have asked of us, we've answered so far. And because we've answered all those questions, we're sitting top of the League with an eight point cushion over our nearest rival. And I'm F***ing loving it.
      +11
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #3142: Nov 25, 2019 09:21:25 pm
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #3143: Nov 27, 2019 12:34:21 pm
      We just keep answering questions.

People were talking about our away record against the "top six" and how we don't win enough of those games. We go to Stamford Bridge and beat Chelsea.

People continously talk about how we'll struggle if we get injuries - we won eight on the spin without our number one keeper. Matip has been our best defender this year and we've won constantly without him. Bobby and Mo have missed games through injuries, we've won without them. What's gonna happen when Liverpool get injuries? Well Liverpool are gonna keep winning.

The next one is the games piling up in December. Well we had that last December as well, we won every f**king game. Eight or nine on the bounce in that month alone.

How will Liverpool react when they go one down - we'll score two (or more) and win.

How will Liverpool react to be in such a strong position - we'll keep winning and maintain our strong position.

How will Liverpool react to Man City playing first - we'll not worry about that and instead concentrate on ourselves and win.

How will Liverpool cope with the pressure of being European champions - we'll breeze through the first third of the season.

How will Liverpool get by without buying anybody of note in the summer - we'll breeze through the first third of the season to be eight points clear after thirteen games.

How will Liverpool cope with no creativity in midfield, especially compared to Man City - we'll put that to bed with our midfielders all contributing goals, assists and creativity throughout the season.

How will Liverpool cope with the pressure of 30 years without a League Title - come back in May when we're lifting our 19th League Title, 7th European Cup and 8th FA Cup after already securing our 9th League Cup, 4th Super Cup and first Club World Cup.

Every question that people have asked of us, we've answered so far. And because we've answered all those questions, we're sitting top of the League with an eight point cushion over our nearest rival. And I'm f**king loving it.

F***ing A sir, great post  :)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #3144: Nov 30, 2019 01:18:18 am
      Facht .....

We've won 12 Premier League matches this season ... as many as Arsenal, Manchester United and Tottenham combined.

;D
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #3145: Nov 30, 2019 08:30:30 am
      I just love a Saturday when we're top
      Ynwa
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #3146: Nov 30, 2019 12:20:41 pm
      By 2:20 pm today, Manchester City F.C. could be just 6 points behind Liverpool.   :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

THEY COULD ALSO BE F***ing 12 POINTS BEHIND by 5;00 pm AS WELL !  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3147: Nov 30, 2019 12:48:59 pm
      By 2:20 pm today, Manchester City F.C. could be just 6 points behind Liverpool.   :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

THEY COULD ALSO BE F***ing 12 POINTS BEHIND by 5;00 pm AS WELL !  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

This match is quite tight at the moment, Newcastle have a few chances
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3148: Nov 30, 2019 02:48:08 pm
      Think you lads won the league today  :depressed:  :f_wah: :f_whistle: :lmao:
      LFC007
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts | 17 
      Reply #3149: Nov 30, 2019 04:04:38 pm
      Think you lads won the league today  :depressed:  :f_wah: :f_whistle: :lmao:

"won" is too strong, but from now on we all should postpone appointments that collide with season's ending to ensure we don't miss the trophy celebration. It will be 11 points = 4 games after the win over Brighton, that's massive considering our strength and City's shakiness this season.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #3150: Nov 30, 2019 04:31:28 pm
      I don’t like the Lallana fir Salah sub. It invites them on

Quick Reply