Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

We are top of the league!

Read 423001 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #3174: Dec 01, 2019 07:17:15 pm
      I’m trying to figure out how the fook everyone gets into so many rows on here give how brilliantly our season is going?!?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #3175: Dec 01, 2019 07:33:19 pm
      I’m trying to figure out how the fook everyone gets into so many rows on here give how brilliantly our season is going?!?
      Some people just can’t be pleased simple really , if you can’t enjoy this season then what’s the point ,
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3176: Dec 01, 2019 09:20:08 pm
      40 points after 14 games and saved from Relegation. Can't say the same for the Bitters and Mancs.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3177: Dec 01, 2019 11:11:38 pm

If it's a serious question I'm of the opinion that there are three main narratives over the past 50 years that, a combination of which, make for a certain amount of built-in conflicts, even among supporters. That and of course the unmatched passion that Reds and especially Scouse Reds have for their football club.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #3178: Dec 02, 2019 08:51:59 pm
      Some people just can’t be pleased simple really , if you can’t enjoy this season then what’s the point ,

I'm enjoying the results, not the actual matches but God I'm not complaining!!!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #3179: Dec 03, 2019 01:31:02 am
      Genuinely believe that only Liverpool fans can find constant fault in our successes. We went top of the League with a draw against Fulham a couple of years back under Rafa and got booed off the F***ing pitch. How F***ing dare you go top of the League?

This year we're winning the League at a F***ing canter and we've got people whinging about it. F**k me, why can't people enjoy the fact (and it is a F***ing fact) that we're top of the League by eight clear points and it's only just gone December. We're almost guaranteed to be top at Crimbo. First game after Crimbo is against our nearest rivals where we could put double figures between ourselves and the entire League (if we haven't done already by then).

I've seen so many seasons go by where it's Liverpool who are already out of the title race by the start of December. Here we are, leading the way with a huge F***ing gap and it's not good enough for some because we're not blowing teams away seven or eight nil every game. Well F**k off. We're doing enough to win and if you win enough games, you win trophies. There's enough disappointment in football that make the good times even sweeter. Rather than looking for fault in us, enjoy the good and embrace it.

Also if this Man City team is the greatest ever to grace the Premier League and they're sitting 11 points adrift of us, how F***ing good must we be? But rather than think that, we'd rather just pick holes in Liverpool wouldn't we? F**k rar off, we're F***ing boss and anybody trying to say anything different is a grade A c**t.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #3180: Dec 03, 2019 04:28:40 am
      It's funny, I'm really enjoying this season but I'm wishing it away at the same time 🙈... We've still got 24 league games so I may as well settle down and enjoy the ride. I don't need to tell anyone on here how much it will mean after 30 years should it happen I vividly remember as a 11 year old watching us beat QPR to lift our last one, even remember seeing Stevie Nicol win a penalty in that game
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #3181: Dec 03, 2019 08:32:36 am
      Quote from heimdall
      Have you been comfortable towards the end of the last few games, I certainly haven't and a lot of them could have been draws.

At least 50% of the goals conceded so far, have come because (or in part because) of the high line. Most of the time it's effective, but occasionally one of the defenders doesn't push up with the rest, and we get caught. Also in the last 7 league games, we have been caught at least once, but the opposition has only  once taken advantage of it. Then there are freak goals against us, e.g. Spurs/Brighton. It's not a major issue atm and we're not shipping 2 and 3 goals per game such as City, but we have 4 more points than at the same point last season and nobody will complain much about it if we deliver the title. Our defensive record may see less clean sheets than before, but it's still one of the best in the league.

It's now got to the stage where we can concede 5 at home, and still win. 😉

Quote from Borg
      LFC on pace to score 2 less goals compared to last season
      87 vs 89 last season
      LFC on pace to relinquish 10 more goals compared to last season
      32 vs 22 last season

Net -12

And a very Happy New December to you too.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3182: Dec 03, 2019 09:44:08 am

;D, its a good question, I think its just anxiety maybe, we all so desperately want to win the league that we look at every little thing that could be improved and little issues here and there, I know I'm guilty of that. 

For what its worth I think we will win this year, first and foremost because we are playing like a proper team, grinding out results with a superb attitude and spirit, secondly because we can only play better than we currently are and also crucially because Citeh just don't look right at the moment, they are not bossing games in the same way they were last season and opposition teams are finally having a go at their shaky defence.

As for Leicester they are playing very well at the moment but they are just one injury away from a drop in form, if they lose either Maddison or Vardy then they will have a big issue and even if they stay fit all season they simply don't have the squad to rotate like we do.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #3183: Dec 04, 2019 11:47:15 am
      Currently
      LFC on pace for GD of 44 after 38 PL games (54 % drop or -0.9 GD/game)

I'll take the under on 100 points
      Currently on pace for GD of 54 after 38 PL games if you extrapolate, actually.

That's all bollox though, cos by the same logic, we're on for 109 points...
      Benladdie3000
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts | 19 
      Reply #3184: Dec 04, 2019 10:08:42 pm
      Earlier on in this thread I was laughed at when u said we need to rest Salah and Bobby and look to origi and shaqiri , guess I was right
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #3185: Dec 04, 2019 10:09:45 pm
      Yessssssss
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3186: Dec 04, 2019 11:00:29 pm
      Earlier on in this thread I was laughed at when u said we need to rest Salah and Bobby and look to origi and shaqiri , guess I was right

Here ya go mate.....
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #3187: Dec 04, 2019 11:10:53 pm
      Oh we can rotate without spending big money unlike City!
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3188: Dec 04, 2019 11:43:13 pm
       :kop5cf8koxp6:  :scarf: :ernaehrung004: 
      Benladdie3000
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts | 19 
      Reply #3189: Dec 05, 2019 02:40:57 am

I'd rather see klopp do this with number 19 and 7
      Benladdie3000
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts | 19 
      Reply #3190: Dec 05, 2019 05:43:21 am
      Please dont take this as me being overly confident. I'm the most pessimistic fell going when it comes to my team. But if we were to go and get 19 this yr. I feel 20 and 21 would follow. Our front 3 would all be 30 or younger , both wingbacks still in 20s, alsisson would be in his prime. And It has gotten to the point where if klopp signed a player from the Dutch 3rd division I'd fully expect him to be a world beater. I feel klopp will stay longer than pep does and it could leave us clear to dominate for a while.

Then again I could get told to stfu and stop being so positive. Either way. We are walking away with it.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #3191: Dec 05, 2019 12:53:41 pm
      Another answer to another question - is Liverpool's squad good enough?

Just keep ticking them off.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #3192: Dec 05, 2019 06:41:10 pm

21 win out  of 23 left :)
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #3193: Dec 05, 2019 07:46:38 pm

F***ing hell Boston, where did you get that photo of my missus ? 😂
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3194: Dec 06, 2019 12:17:52 am
      Genuinely believe that only Liverpool fans can find constant fault in our successes. We went top of the League with a draw against Fulham a couple of years back under Rafa and got booed off the f**king pitch. How f**king dare you go top of the League?

This year we're winning the League at a f**king canter and we've got people whinging about it. F**k me, why can't people enjoy the fact (and it is a f**king fact) that we're top of the League by eight clear points and it's only just gone December. We're almost guaranteed to be top at Crimbo. First game after Crimbo is against our nearest rivals where we could put double figures between ourselves and the entire League (if we haven't done already by then).

I've seen so many seasons go by where it's Liverpool who are already out of the title race by the start of December. Here we are, leading the way with a huge f**king gap and it's not good enough for some because we're not blowing teams away seven or eight nil every game. Well f**k off. We're doing enough to win and if you win enough games, you win trophies. There's enough disappointment in football that make the good times even sweeter. Rather than looking for fault in us, enjoy the good and embrace it.

Also if this Man City team is the greatest ever to grace the Premier League and they're sitting 11 points adrift of us, how f**king good must we be? But rather than think that, we'd rather just pick holes in Liverpool wouldn't we? F**k rar off, we're f**king boss and anybody trying to say anything different is a grade A c**t.

AMEN!!!
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #3195: Dec 06, 2019 03:58:54 pm
      Not sure where to post this, but with the changed line-up on Wed and Div & Shaq scoring, it occurred to me the number of different scorers we've had this season.

In the past, we've (seemingly) been reliant on the usual suspects (front 3) to get all the goals.

Just did a bit of research and in the last 10 matches (all competitions) we've scored 28 goals (if I've got my quick calculations correct!) from 13 different goalscorers (14 if you include OG as a goalscorer). 

13 DIFFERENT GOALSCORERS IN 10 GAMES!!!!  The main front 3 only account for 9 of those, so it's not all about the front 3 then.

We've got goal threats all over the park! 

STOP US IF YOU CAN!!!!

skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #3196: Dec 06, 2019 04:17:01 pm
      Further breakdown of the 28 goals above: -

14 have come from 5 Forwards
      9 have come from 5 Midfielders
      4 have come from 3 Defenders

Quick Reply