Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

We are top of the league!

Read 423085 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #3565: Jan 19, 2020 09:49:54 pm
      Feel incredibly spoilt saying this but I'm praying we win it on the pitch. I think it'd be a bit of an anticlimax if the title is secured by City dropping points on a Monday night or something like that

One of these lads deserves to be the one who scores the goal which clinches our elusive 19th title, and the players deserve to be able to celebrate the moment on the pitch with the supporters, not at their homes in front of the TV

What I’d like is for us to clinch it the game before City @ the Emptihad, then City having to give us a guard of honour before we tw*t them about 5 f***in nil, Pep self combusts on the touchline and Jürgen beats the flames out with his Cock   ;D  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

YNWA

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3566: Jan 20, 2020 08:55:03 am
      The league will be win in march , we are racking up points while everyone else drops points. Quality
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #3567: Jan 20, 2020 09:37:14 am

What I’d like is for us to clinch it the game before City @ the Emptihad, then City having to give us a guard of honour before we T**t them about 5 f***in nil, Pep self combusts on the touchline and Jürgen beats the flames out with his Cock   ;D  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

YNWA

Perfect scenario would be to clinch it at home. Seen a lot of people thinking it would be great to do it at Goodison or do it at the Etihad but I think in terms of winning it, nothing would beat doing it at Anfield. The party afterwards in the streets & pubs around the stadium would be incredible

PLUS I think if we do clinch it before we play the likes of Everton & City that would mean they could be obliged to give us a guard of honour, which I actually think would be just as embarrassing for them as actually winning it at their place. Imagine the mongrels in the Gwladys watching their team clap Liverpool out. After all that's gone on this season, that would finish them off  :lmao:
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #3568: Jan 20, 2020 05:00:25 pm
      « Last Edit: Jan 20, 2020 05:05:32 pm by clint_call01 »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3569: Jan 20, 2020 07:36:36 pm
      What are we gonna do for the rest of the season?

Get drunk!!

With just under two weeks left in January, we're guaranteed to be top at the start of March with still, at the very least, a four point cushion.

And the rest, City will blow another few games yet.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3570: Jan 21, 2020 02:10:33 am
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #3571: Jan 21, 2020 07:23:57 am
      Nothing to say today. Just come on to gloat some more 😂😂
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #3572: Jan 21, 2020 10:18:20 am
      Heard a great shout listening to the Anfield Wrap on my way into work this morning

One of the presenters described us as being like Mohammed Ali. These last few months we've been controlling games, wearing teams down and doing the job. If you look at the Spurs game and United game they both had small periods where they looked threatening. Obviously that's going to happen because you can't play at the full intensity we do for 90 minutes, similar to what Ali would do, where he'd take himself to the ropes & allow himself to take a breather for a before going again.

All great sportsmen / teams need a high level of intelligence and mental strength to be able to manage games and anticipate the right moments. Even great albums are comprised with precision, slow numbers flowing into faster numbers & vice versa, tempo changes at all of the right moments. That's what this Liverpool side are
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #3573: Jan 21, 2020 11:08:26 am
      F***ing loving it!  :f_whistle:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #3574: Jan 21, 2020 12:03:06 pm
      Listening to the more sensible pundits in recent weeks aka Clinton Morrison, he reckons Liverpool could dominate for years, and I agree, I genuinely think that this IS just the start of a really Golden era, no one , apart from City comes even close to what we are capable of, and even then I believe we can and will be better than them,

Yes they can throw all the ££££m they want at making themselves better, but I seriously doubt they can beat us for togetherness, unity, and the bond we have with manager, players, fans,

Our lads will virtually run through brick walls for Jürgen, the way he motivates and encourages is world class, there just isn’t another manager on the planet that can match him,

Yes Pep G is a brilliant manager, we all have to respect him and his achievements, but even he doesn’t come close to the brilliance of Jürgen Klopp both in man management nor tactically,

If City were 3 down going into a 2nd leg of a CL semi @ home to Barcelona, would they have turned it round and won 4-0, would Pep have motivated his players to climb that mountain?

Jürgen told his players that it was impossible to beat Barcelona, but because it’s you, it’s possible, he asked his players to close their eyes for ten seconds and remember their best ever individual  performance , then take that performance onto the game with Barcelona, the rest his history.

Jürgen Klopp is the best manager on the planet, he’s managing the best football club on the planet, so it stands to reason that we will become the most successful team on the planet, it’s only a matter of time.

YNWA

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3575: Jan 21, 2020 02:36:23 pm
      Listening to the more sensible pundits in recent weeks aka Clinton Morrison, he reckons Liverpool could dominate for years, and I agree, I genuinely think that this IS just the start of a really Golden era, no one , apart from City comes even close to what we are capable of, and even then I believe we can and will be better than them,

Yes they can throw all the ££££m they want at making themselves better, but I seriously doubt they can beat us for togetherness, unity, and the bond we have with manager, players, fans,

Our lads will virtually run through brick walls for Jürgen, the way he motivates and encourages is world class, there just isn’t another manager on the planet that can match him,

Yes Pep G is a brilliant manager, we all have to respect him and his achievements, but even he doesn’t come close to the brilliance of Jürgen Klopp both in man management nor tactically,

If City were 3 down going into a 2nd leg of a CL semi @ home to Barcelona, would they have turned it round and won 4-0, would Pep have motivated his players to climb that mountain?

Jürgen told his players that it was impossible to beat Barcelona, but because it’s you, it’s possible, he asked his players to close their eyes for ten seconds and remember their best ever individual  performance , then take that performance onto the game with Barcelona, the rest his history.

Jürgen Klopp is the best manager on the planet, he’s managing the best football club on the planet, so it stands to reason that we will become the most successful team on the planet, it’s only a matter of time.

YNWA

Great post Billy. Yes, Jürgen is a great motivator and great at arranging the details on a daily and long-term basis. He's got intelligence and charisma in abundance.

The thing that really strikes me though is the vision he's shown, how he was able to see all of the individual parts (some players who were in the first team when he arrived, some who he's bought, some  promoted from the our youth ranks), a system for them to fit into, and all of this in relationship to what is needed to defeat the teams we are competing with, AND see just how much of a force the combined group was going to be both in England and Europe. Remember how he said we would win something by his fourth season? That's pretty much an "or else" statement, but he knew. He saw all of that from so many disparate parts at the beginning. Frankly, NOBODY else did.

A true visionary, is Jürgen Klopp.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #3576: Jan 21, 2020 09:42:22 pm
       :mad:I know we've got a amazing lead with 2 games in hand but the jitters and panic still momentarily set in, knew that arsehole Aguero would score. A win on Thursday will settle me down again..
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3577: Jan 21, 2020 11:02:33 pm
      Before this mornings' results, the happenings on the weekend, couldn't have made our position any more sweeter.  ;D

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #3578: Jan 22, 2020 08:17:07 am
      Quote from Robby The Z
      Not new this weekend but it really is astounding when you take stock of our position compared to the other so-called big clubs in the Premier League - relative position heavily reenforced by today's results.

We are going to have keep self-motivating because our opposition certainly isn't doing it.

Thankfully the team really are a group of mentality monsters.

Regardless of the gap, we just keep at it. We have a points record to chase down, and 3 unbeaten records also. In 83, we took just 2 points from the last 7 games, and won it with the help of rivals. In 88 we won it with 4 games to go, then lost the cup final.

There must be no let up. The league looks taken care of, but even though it looks over, it still has to be won.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #3579: Jan 22, 2020 03:50:46 pm
      30 more points to the finish line. 10 more wins to go. If we get some discounts from man city dropping points that'll be a bonus.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3580: Jan 22, 2020 04:24:56 pm
      30 more points to the finish line. 10 more wins to go. If we get some discounts from man city dropping points that'll be a bonus.

oh they will drop more points I am 100% certain of that, they'll shift their focus to CL now.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #3581: Jan 22, 2020 05:09:15 pm
      Just realised that we play 3 league matches before City play again; Wolves (a), West Ham (a) & Southampton (h).  Southampton is on Sat. 1st Feb & City play Spurs (a) on Sun. 2nd Feb.

3 wins puts us 22 points ahead of them...

:f_whistle: :f_whistle: :f_whistle:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3582: Jan 22, 2020 05:16:10 pm
      Just realised that we play 3 league matches before City play again; Wolves (a), West Ham (a) & Southampton (h).  Southampton is on Sat. 1st Feb & City play Spurs (a) on Sun. 2nd Feb.

🙏🏼
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #3583: Jan 22, 2020 10:16:25 pm
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3584: Jan 22, 2020 11:53:39 pm

x3  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #3585: Jan 23, 2020 08:02:31 am
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #3586: Jan 23, 2020 11:34:44 am

x5 fingers crossed, fingers crossed, fingers crossed, fingers crossed, fingers crossed.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3587: Jan 23, 2020 04:20:20 pm

Ah, I KNEW I'd read this somewhere. Even just the games in hand, to win them and be 19 points up with 14 matches to go, makes for a visually imposing set of numbers.

And we're more than capable of it.

Quick Reply