Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

We are top of the league!

Read 422928 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #3818: Feb 09, 2020 01:19:55 pm
      Comes to something when even Shakira and her kids unhappiness, those three priests and finally the shellshocked look slapped all over the couple of players interviewed brings a little smirk.

remember that 24 hrs earlier that's what we all looked like after Kompany got the winner against Leicester. What a roller coaster of emotions that 24hrs was.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #3819: Feb 09, 2020 01:24:06 pm
      Yeah cheers lads, watched it and loved it.

As Billy said I was struck by just how shell shocked they looked even at half time. Obviously they had the ghost of the Roma game hanging over them but it looked like they'd already lost at 1-0. No doubt it has left a permanent scar on their club which isn't going to heal anytime soon.

Anyway, brilliant insight, thanks all for bringing my attention to it.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3820: Feb 09, 2020 01:27:43 pm
      Top of the league by 22 points and it seems to be a license for every former player to voice an opinion. Kaka a hugely admired player commenting on how this is a one of season for Liverpool completely ignoring the fact we lost one game last season and got to 97 points.
      I cant wait for the moment the Raf blows his whistle and we are crowned League Champions 2019/20. After that they can say what they want we will all be too pissed to care
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #3821: Feb 09, 2020 02:00:06 pm

As Billy said I was struck by just how shell shocked they looked even at half time. Obviously they had the ghost of the Roma game hanging over them but it looked like they'd already lost at 1-0. No doubt it has left a permanent scar on their club which isn't going to heal anytime soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=858lgqxny-g
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3822: Feb 09, 2020 03:32:22 pm

With the Roma result still in their minds & knowing what we are about at Anfield on a European night under the floodlights Barca lost the return leg when they boarded the coach to Anfield..
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #3823: Feb 09, 2020 04:57:26 pm

They were beaten at half time - wow that’s incredible.

Love how Klopp has said he won’t allow filming like that at half time
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3824: Feb 09, 2020 05:47:26 pm
      They were beaten at half time - wow that’s incredible.

Love how Klopp has said he won’t allow filming like that at half time

THAT f***in DEBACLE "Being Liverpool" was absolutely cringeworthy. I hope we learned our lesson from that and keep the Cameras out
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #3825: Feb 09, 2020 07:17:21 pm

Thanks for posting that, brought back goosebumps all over my body, to be there at Anfield on that night was such an amazing time, I will take that night to the grave with me, such a fantastic night, cos no-one gave us a chance....I believed and we did it !!
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3826: Feb 09, 2020 10:12:07 pm
      Although I have no issue with the break, did coming back to face Norwich make the decision slightly easier. I doubt we will lose any intensity, I mean we return and take a game or two to get back up to speed. Taking almost two weeks out of the season to relax and chill. Shouldn't be a problem..should it..
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #3827: Feb 10, 2020 12:47:15 am
      Although I have no issue with the break, did coming back to face Norwich make the decision slightly easier. I doubt we will lose any intensity, I mean we return and take a game or two to get back up to speed. Taking almost two weeks out of the season to relax and chill. Shouldn't be a problem..should it..

I was thinking this the other day  Hsrisimo, never seem to be at our best following the international breaks do we 😳
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3828: Feb 10, 2020 12:39:08 pm
      Anyone else suffering from not seeing the mighty Reds. Norwich is a good game to come back we have a great record and they too will have had the same break. I think its mainly the international break we struggle with hopefully the lads will come back smelling blood in the water and will want to get this title done and in the Cabinet ASAP
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3829: Feb 10, 2020 12:41:53 pm
      Anyone else suffering from not seeing the mighty Reds. Norwich is a good game to come back we have a great record and they too will have had the same break. I think its mainly the international break we struggle with hopefully the lads will come back smelling blood in the water and will want to get this title done and in the Cabinet ASAP

I think they will all be buzzing to get back into it. Early goal and we will score a few IMO.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3830: Feb 14, 2020 04:36:59 pm
      Thread bump..we're still top right?
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #3831: Feb 14, 2020 10:35:36 pm
      Thread bump..we're still top right?

Yes boss we sure are  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #3832: Feb 15, 2020 03:47:18 pm
      This might be unpopular but I wish Mignolet could have stayed another year (as well as Adrian signing and being No2 as now) so he could lift the trophy. But fully understood he wanted to leave to play first team football again.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #3833: Feb 15, 2020 03:48:59 pm
      This might be unpopular but I wish Mignolet could have stayed another year (as well as Adrian signing and being No2 as now) so he could lift the trophy. But fully understood he wanted to leave to play first team football again.

I fancied Sturridge to do another year.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #3834: Feb 15, 2020 03:50:28 pm

Should have his own title come May - Brugge currently flying at the top of the table!
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3835: Feb 15, 2020 04:20:58 pm

So why post that in this thread, :confused-smiley-013:......I wish i was a little bit taller......
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3836: Feb 15, 2020 04:22:56 pm
      Should have his own title come May - Brugge currently flying at the top of the table!

That will feel much better instead of being a 3rd choice keeper with no involvement.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3837: Feb 15, 2020 09:04:13 pm

Feel for a few players who will miss out when we win this our first Premiership title...none more so than Carragher and Gerrard..over 1,000 premier league games between them..508 and 504 respectively...Hyypia is 3rd with 318.

Gerrard and Carragher will no doubt be on the bus when we do the parade with the Premiership trophy...I hope so anyway.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #3838: Feb 16, 2020 09:58:26 am
      Let's keep our feet on the ground. There are still enough points for City to win it.

Said no one. Ever.

We are going to win the Premier League. And we have done it with such style that it isn't even exciting. If you know what I mean.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3839: Feb 16, 2020 10:22:09 am
      lets see how City respond to this latest news . If they lose focus we could be winning it in just 3 or 4 games.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #3840: Feb 16, 2020 11:05:27 am
      lets see how City respond to this latest news . If they lose focus we could be winning it in just 3 or 4 games.

They will be so deflated by all this, plus knowing, if they lose to Real, their season is effectively over.

Money cant buy you love. or trophies and history it seems  :lmao: :lmao:

Quick Reply