Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

We are top of the league!

Read 426279 times
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #3864: Feb 21, 2020 11:51:01 pm
      Just like a team that's gonna win the

FOOTBALL LEAGUE

(AGAIN)

WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #3865: Feb 22, 2020 02:48:31 pm
      So, if Leicester take some points today what are we talking?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3866: Feb 22, 2020 03:23:41 pm

?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #3867: Feb 22, 2020 03:55:10 pm
      If Leicester win, I guess that takes the 5 wins needed down to 4, and if we win on Monday, again, would that take the games needed to win down to 3?

May be wrong but,

« Last Edit: Feb 22, 2020 04:02:45 pm by RedPuppy »
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #3868: Feb 22, 2020 04:34:33 pm

Max city points is 90
      Our target points is 91
      We are on 76 points. 15 points or 5 more wins to go.

If city loses, their max points reduces to 87. Our target points becomes 88. 12 more points or 4 more wins to go.
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #3869: Feb 22, 2020 04:45:05 pm
      Max city points is 90
      Our target points is 91
      We are on 76 points. 15 points or 5 more wins to go.

If city loses, their max points reduces to 87. Our target points becomes 88. 12 more points or 4 more wins to go.

Think I'll go 2-2...giving an 88pts max..so 89pts our target...next 5 we can draw one of them
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3870: Feb 22, 2020 05:09:03 pm
      Think I'll go 2-2...giving an 88pts max..so 89pts our target...next 5 we can draw one of them

Every time I say City will win, they drop points.....Soooooooo

City will win.  :)
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,753 posts | 460 
      Reply #3871: Feb 22, 2020 07:28:19 pm
      LC just couldn’t get anything right against Shitty today. Vardy hitting post in first 10 minutes, countless missed pass balls in the box. Was hoping LC would finish second
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #3872: Feb 22, 2020 07:37:17 pm
      Every time I say City will win, they drop points.....Soooooooo

City will win.  :)

Called it but I thought Leicester were poor. No composure on the attack, everything 100 miles an hour, in defence to deep and just giving the ball back to City.No surprise Leicester have lost so much ground if they play like that.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #3873: Feb 22, 2020 11:39:03 pm
      But how did city’s keeper get to stay on the pitch. 🤷🏼‍♂️ I saw that as all out assault 😳 and the clear dive in front of the ref by Kyle Walker. No card ! Huh.
      Officials seem to be doing gheir best to help them, but to no avail !
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #3874: Feb 23, 2020 08:16:37 am
      But how did city’s keeper get to stay on the pitch. 🤷🏼‍♂️ I saw that as all out assault 😳 and the clear dive in front of the ref by Kyle Walker. No card ! Huh.

If we win tomorrow, I do not give a penny about them.
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #3875: Feb 23, 2020 09:18:28 pm

Was only a matter of good fortune that the keeper didn't break his jaw or even worse. It was a reckless challenge and was a red card for dangerous play.I've said it a few times..they don't know how to interpret their own rules.Clear breach of Law 12

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconductay..

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3876: Feb 24, 2020 10:43:08 pm
      if City win their games Palace would be our first chance if we win our games. Winning at Anfield with Roy in the away team dugout shows just how far we have come since those dark dark days. 
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #3877: Feb 24, 2020 10:49:24 pm
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #3878: Feb 24, 2020 11:00:50 pm
      if City win their games Palace would be our first chance if we win our games. Winning at Anfield with Roy in the away team dugout shows just how far we have come since those dark dark days.

If we go through Chelsea it will be postponed as fa cup is played then. So man city away most probably.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,753 posts | 460 
      Reply #3879: Feb 24, 2020 11:50:48 pm

Dark days indeed, I think I blacked out that 2010/2011 season!!

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #3880: Feb 25, 2020 12:57:35 am
      It was only 2 months ago that everyone was preparing the Leicester v Liverpool game as some kind of title race clash as Leicester might be able to overtake us.

Just looked at the table and they're nearly 30 points behind us!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #3881: Feb 25, 2020 02:56:07 am
      It was only 2 months ago that everyone was preparing the Leicester v Liverpool game as some kind of title race clash as Leicester might be able to overtake us.

Just looked at the table and they're nearly 30 points behind us!

Look at us vs. the other "Big 6" clubs (if that is even a thing anymore).

35 points ahead of Chelsea, 38 points ahead of United, 39 ahead of Spurs, more than twice the points of Arsenal, and these margins could all get larger. Unreal. We're not just winning the league, we're obliterating it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #3882: Feb 25, 2020 03:07:26 am

35 points ahead of Chelsea, 38 points ahead of United, 39 ahead of Spurs, more than twice the points of Arsenal, and these margins could all get larger. Unreal. We're not just winning the league, we're obliterating it.

We are making it irrelevant almost.
      ruthcity

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #3883: Feb 25, 2020 09:12:51 am

I’ve come across many comments outside of here saying how poor we’ve been playing. Honestly I do not know what is a poor performance anymore. Scrappy goal? Miscued shot? Poor header? VAR? Who cares?

It’s just three points each and every single match. If they’d like it, we won the league while playing poorly. We were piss poor and everyone else we played were world class.

By the way, one of these people I came across was and still is Martin f**king Tyler.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3884: Feb 25, 2020 09:43:55 am
      I’ve come across many comments outside of here saying how poor we’ve been playing. Honestly I do not know what is a poor performance anymore. Scrappy goal? Miscued shot? Poor header? VAR? Who cares?

It’s just three points each and every single match. If they’d like it, we won the league while playing poorly. We were piss poor and everyone else we played were world class.

By the way, one of these people I came across was and still is Martin f**king Tyler.

We obviously are playing very very well, backed up my a superb defence, midfield and attack, but I can count on one hand the number of times this season where I've gone wow. We are just incredibly steady, professional and patient in our play with an almost cult like belief in our abilities. I would also say that we have had a good chunk of fortune along the way, for example the game yesterday where 2 of the goals were goalkeeper blunders, but as the saying goes we have earned that luck, we certainly had F**k all last season when we went 14 games unbeaten only for City to go 18!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #3885: Feb 25, 2020 10:11:55 am
      Top of lots of Leagues it seems

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3886: Feb 25, 2020 10:15:56 am

F**k Tyler the smug c**t.
      We have developed a "winning style" as a team it seems each game is treated like a puzzle and the lads have to work it out and for 26 out of 27 games the have done that only once did they have a stalemate.
      It is fascinating to watch whilst we have set patterns the goal that Trent set up is not in any coaching manual its about having intelligent players who play for the team and each other. I get twitchy when we start to celebrate before hand because we normally in our history find ways of destroying supporters nerves .

Quick Reply