Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

We are top of the league!

Read 423012 times
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #4025: Mar 09, 2020 10:59:35 am
      Can I suggest that the club record the crowd noise on Wednesday night, and then use the recordings to play if we have to play the rest of our home games behind closed doors. Just an idea.

Could have done with a few recordings to be played on Saturday too - ground was like a morgue
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #4026: Mar 09, 2020 11:14:25 am
      It would be a huge shame if the corona virus craziness kills the celebrations or has us winning the title in an empty stadium but this is one that will be savoured for several months and nothing will dumb down my celebrations! 30 frickin years!!! I've been thinking about that all weekend, i'm 45 so I was in my final year of school the last time we won the bloody title. To be told then that it would be another 30 before it happened again! Let's hope the Gooners do us a favour midweek and then Monday night could potentially be the most incredible way to win it away at woodison!!!! How good would that be!!!
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #4027: Mar 09, 2020 12:48:35 pm
      If the stadium ban comes into play I'd rather us win it against Everton. The thought of us clinching the title at that shithole & it almost certainly being the last ever title to be won at Goodison would soften the blow a bit of us not being able to do it in front of any supporters.

If the ban doesn't happen then I'd want it won at Anfield 100%

Oh I agree be good to win there but doubtful unless City completely down tools against Arsenal and Burnley
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #4028: Mar 09, 2020 12:53:33 pm
      Oh I agree be good to win there but doubtful unless City completely down tools against Arsenal and Burnley

Arsenal or Burnley. If they lose either one of those we can win it at Goodison.

That being said the culture secretary has just announced that there are no plans to play sporting events behind closed doors - so Crystal Palace at home Saturday after next will do nicely!
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #4029: Mar 09, 2020 03:28:33 pm
      Being a selfish pr###, I'm hoping we win it at home to Palace on the 21st, as I've got a ticket!   :f_whistle: >:D
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #4030: Mar 09, 2020 03:56:59 pm
      We deserve the league. I really wish City lose another game from the next two so to win it at Blueshit home ground.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #4031: Mar 09, 2020 05:08:09 pm
      How mad is this for a scenario - If we'd have beaten Watford, we could have potentially won the title during the game against Atletico on Wednesday as Man City face Arsenal on the same day.

So in theory we could have won the league title & got knocked out of the Champions League all within the space of about half an hour  :lmao:

Even as it is, the atmosphere in the ground might be a bit odd if City are dropping points. I see they kick off 30 minutes before we do so the result definitely will come through while our match is still going on.

But as you say, if we had won vs. Watford and then clinched the title even while we were losing a match to Atletico at home, that would have been a strange atmosphere.

Instead I like not clinching the title this Wednesday (I want it to be with a referee blowing full time and our victorious players, having just won the deciding game, celebrating with the fans, preferably at Anfield), but advancing to the Champions League quarterfinal with a result against Atletico.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #4032: Mar 09, 2020 05:16:41 pm

That being said the culture secretary has just announced that there are no plans to play sporting events behind closed doors - so Crystal Palace at home Saturday after next will do nicely!

Cant see them losing any of them TBH but hey who cares it is irrelevant  as it's coming
      scotscouse
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 40 
      Reply #4033: Mar 09, 2020 08:17:34 pm
      One thing for sure there will be NO requirement for a helicopter on the final day of the season,[maybe for some bitters to do a runner me thinks]
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #4034: Mar 09, 2020 08:31:43 pm
      I love the PL coverage we have here in the states, but I'm tired of the them saying, "Liverpool to win their first PL title" We won it 18 ffnn times, they just changed the name of the old first division, just like the European Cup !!!

That's what I keep saying...does my head in when people keep on about that  :mad:
      Kopite78
      Reply #4035: Mar 09, 2020 08:49:50 pm
      That's what I keep saying...does my head in when people keep on about that  :mad:

Just ask the mancs how many European cups they've won (100% less than us like)
      Its the same thing European cup/champions league

Division 1/Premier league

Just branding

Its 19 top division league titles
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #4036: Mar 09, 2020 08:51:39 pm
      Just ask the mancs how many European cups they've won (100% less than us like)
      Its the same thing European cup/champions league

Division 1/Premier league

Just branding

Its 19 top division league titles

Absolutely !!!

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #4037: Mar 09, 2020 08:53:00 pm
      Quote from TameImpala

They've just got whacked 4-0. This is their cup final, the only thing they have left to look forward to for the next 6 months. The league title could be at stake. That's enough ammo for them. But if we do win the league, you might hear a boo or two near you at the end of the game. Booing is a weekly pastime over there since the year dot.

So given the choice, are you sure you really want to win it there, when you could be sat with 50,000 friends celebrating a few days later? 
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #4038: Mar 09, 2020 09:26:43 pm
      They've just got whacked 4-0. This is their cup final, the only thing they have left to look forward to for the next 6 months. The league title could be at stake. That's enough ammo for them. But if we do win the league, you might hear a boo or two near you at the end of the game. Booing is a weekly pastime over there since the year dot.

So given the choice, are you sure you really want to win it there, when you could be sat with 50,000 friends celebrating a few days later? 

Good point
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #4039: Mar 09, 2020 10:33:48 pm
      Gut feeling is that the Palace home game is going to be behind closed doors.  Could really do with City stuffing up in one of their next two games.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #4040: Mar 09, 2020 11:03:41 pm
      Gut feeling is that the Palace home game is going to be behind closed doors.  Could really do with City stuffing up in one of their next two games.
      Disagree based on what sky sports were saying today about sporting events not being under major threat at the moment but I think the way it’s looking Henderson might be hoisting the trophy high into an empty anfield in May
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #4041: Mar 09, 2020 11:15:06 pm
      Disagree based on what sky sports were saying today about sporting events not being under major threat at the moment

Apologies. I was only speaking as a former microbiologist.  Sky Sports have probably got it right.  ;)
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #4042: Mar 10, 2020 12:42:06 am
      Apologies. I was only speaking as a former microbiologist.  Sky Sports have probably got it right.  ;)

1 becomes 10 becomes 100 becomes 500 and so on. I hope you are wrong but I fear you are probably correct.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #4043: Mar 10, 2020 01:03:40 am

Has to be the stupidest question ever!!

The chance to win the league there, at Goodison, especially after the way the wankers carried on last season. Too F***ing right I'd love to win it at the pit.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #4044: Mar 10, 2020 01:09:21 am

The mancs couldn't stop some of our lot getting into OT when they were rebuilding, there's not a chance in hell they'll make the Palacegame behind closed doors, otherwise I can see a mass sale at B & Q on boltcutters & sledge hammers. Coronavirus or no Coronaviirus we're celebrating winning that league  ;)

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #4045: Mar 10, 2020 09:24:20 am
      Look forward when a thread is opened stating, We have won the league !
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #4046: Mar 10, 2020 09:32:20 am

Said about 4 posts up that I want to win it at Anfield mate
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #4047: Mar 10, 2020 11:43:41 am
      A game behind closed doors to prevent the spread of a virus.
      I need someone to explain to me how not letting 50 odd thousand people in a stadium is going to prevent spreading but having those same people crammed into pubs watching on tv (along with a few million others) isn’t a threat?

Quick Reply